06 - Press Conference

Take Care of My Niece

[Soyoung's POV]

 

I sat down on the couch, cell phone in hand, waiting for the B2ST members to get ready. It was 8 in the morning, and we were to leave the dorm by 8:30. I've been dressed and ready to go since 7 in the morning. If you haven't noticed by now, I am an early riser.

Before I was sitting on the couch, I had been outside, looking at the beautiful scenery. This dorm has a great view of outside. The sky was absolutely beautiful whenever I look at it. Yes, I have already drawn a sketch of the sky. When the press conference is over, I will add colors to my sketch.

Kikwang walked out of the bedroom, with no shirt. What the heck? Does he ever put a shirt on? I looked away from him, pretending to be occupied with my phone.

"Good morning, Soyoung!" Kikwang greeted me, sitting beside me on the couch. Curse this long couch. I nodded my head, not looking at him. "You know... When somebody greets you, your supposed to greet them back." He then put his hand on my chin, forcing me to face him. "And look them in the eyes."

Just like yesterday, with Yoseob. I was staring into another man's eyes, this time it was Kikwang. I felt this uneasy feeling inside, and pushed him away. Standing up, I decided to go to my room. As I was walking back to my room, I coul hear Kikwang laughing.

"What's so funny?" Hyunseung asked him.

"N-Nothing... Keke~" Kikwang said, in between laughs.

I rolled my eyes, entering my bedroom. I shut the door, and sat down on my bed. Setting my phone down, I grabbed my sketchbook from my dresser. I started flipping through the pages, looking at all my sketches. I stopped when I got to the sketch I did yesterday. The one of Yoseob.

Ever since I sketched him, I have been having this weird feeling when I'm around him. And I have been avoiding him. Whenever I am alone with him, I will quickly leave. I have also been looking at this sketch a lot. Maybe every hour or so, I would grab my sketchbook just to look at this sketch. Why?

"Soyoung, it's time to go!" Doojoon called out to me, from the living room.

Silently, I closed my sketchbook, putting it back on my dresser. I then grabbed my cell phone, putting it in my back pocket. I checked how I looked in the mirror, and walked out the door.

-

[Yoseob's POV]

 

Jiyong was outside the dorm, in the car waiting for us. Soyoung came out of her bedroom, not saying a word to any of us. As usual.

Ever since the photo shoot, it seems like she has been avoiding me. Whenever we are alone, she would just leave. Have I done something wrong?

Junhyung came up to me, whacking me in the head. "Yoseob, quit daydreaming and let's go."

"Ow..." I groaned in pain, rubbing the back of my head. I pouted at him, "You didn't have to hit me."

He just shrugged, "I was just trying to get your attention."

"Hmph~" I crossed my arms, looking away from him.

Doojoon shook his head at us, "Quit fighting you two, we have to go."

Junhyung and I took another look at each other, and then started laughing.

We could never stay mad at each other for a long time. He is one of my best friends.

-

We were all now inside the car, on our way to Cube. Doojoon sat up front with Jiyong, who was driving the car. In the middle seats were: Kikwang, Junhyung, and Dongwoon. In the backseats were Hyunseung, Soyoung, and I.

Hyunseung was sleeping, like always. Kikwang and Dongwoon were talking to each other, while Junhyung was silently listening to his music. Doojoon and Jiyong were just chatting away.

I can tell Soyoung wasn't comfortable sitting with us. Well, me... But why?

"Soyoung..." I muttered. She ignored me. "Soyoung." I said, raising my voice. She still ignored me. OK, now I was getting a bit irritated. "Soyoung, I know you can hear me."

Soyoung sighed, "What?"

Finally she responded. "Are you mad at me?"

"No..." She hesitantly answered.

"Then why are you ignoring me?"

She shrugged, "I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"YES!"

"NO, I'M NOT IGNORING YOU! NOW WILL YOU SHUT UP!" Soyoung yelled out loud. My eyes widened at her loud voice. Who knew someone who said few words could have such a loud voice?

Everyone, besides Jiyong, were staring at us. Soyoung's yelling was so loud, Junhyung heard her from his headphones. Even Hyunseung, the heavy sleeper, had woken up!

"A-Are you guys OK?" Dongwoon asked.

We didn't reply. Doojoon gave us a worried look, "Why were you guys arguing?"

"Nothing important." Soyoung replied, avoiding everyone's gazes.

"Liar," Junhyung said. "If it weren't important, you wouldn't be shouting so loud. I could hear your voice over CL's rapping."

Junhyung sure is a fan of CL. He doesn't like-like her, but he does like her rapping. He only has eyes for Goo Hara.

"And you woke me up from my nap." Hyunseung butted in.

Kikwang gave Soyoung a confused look. "You've never spoken so loud before."

Soyoung stayed quiet, looking down at her hands on her lap.

"Kids, it's nothing to worry about. It was my fault." I said.

They all exchanged glances, wondering if they should just let it go or keep on trying to figure out what was going on. They chose to let it go as they went back to what they were doing before.

"Soyoung, I'm sorry." I apologized.

She shrugged, "It's fine..."

I nodded and we both went silent.

-

[Soyoung's POV]

 

We finally arrived at Cube, and we all got out one by one. I was second to last to get out, while Yoseob was left. Before I got out, I decided to apologize to him.

"Sorry..." I muttered, before getting out. I didn't dare look back to see his reaction, but I am guessing he had on a shocked expression.

"It's OK." He replied back. We didn't exchange any other words.

The front of the building was surrounded by paparazzi. When they spotted us, they immediately came our way. Jiyong and the B2ST members all gathered around me, shielding me away from the all flashing and voices.

All the shouting, flashing, and questions were already giving me a headache. This is what B2ST had to go through everyday? I pity them for this.

Yoseob pushed my head down, shielding my face. Doojoon, Jiyong, and Junhyung were in front of me. Hyunseung was on my left side, while Yoseob was on my right. Kikwang and Dongwoon stayed behind me.

"B2ST! Who is that girl?" One reporter asked.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Another asked Yoseob, due to him shielding my face.

Neither of us said anything as we tried to get through the crowd. Bodyguards arrived to guide us into the building, literally pushing people out of the way. A few minutes later, a small path had been cleared, and we quickly made our way inside.

-

I yawned, but quickly covered it with my mouth. The press conference was to begin in 3 minutes, and we were waiting for everyone to arrive and get settled. On my left side was B2ST: Yoseob at my side, then Hyunseung, Junhyung, Dongwoon, Doojoon, and Kikwang. President Hong was on my right, along with Jiyong. 4Minute and G.NA also decided to show up, and they were also on my right side.

There were many flashes going around the room. Everyone trying to take a picture of us... Of me. The flashes were already starting to blind me, and I don't know how much longer I will be able to sit here. It was utterly boring.

President Hong then stood up, going to the center of the room. He then held up his microphone from a small distance from his mouth, "May I have your attention please. Please quiet down." Just like that, everyone started to quiet down. President Hong sure was amazing. All eyes were on him, including mine. "As you heard... There is a woman, in her twenties, staying with B2ST."

The reporters nodded. One stood up and pointed at me, "Who is that woman staying with B2ST? And why is she there?"

President Hong turned around, giving me a small smile. I just nodded at him. "This young woman is Jung Soyoung. She is Jung Juri's niece. Juri has left Soyoung under the care of B2ST, while she is away for filming."

"You say she is in her twenties. If that is true, shouldn't she be able to be living off on her own?" Another reporter asked.

President Hong nodded, "Yes. Soyoung says she is capable of living on her own, but Juri says otherwise. Juri feels that Soyoung would be much safer if she stayed with someone. Thus, she chose B2ST."

The reporters nodded, taking in the information they were just given, writing it down on there notepads.

-

I sighed, slumping down on an empty chair. We were now in Cube's main lobby. Jiyong was outside in the back, getting the car warmed up and ready. The press conference was exhausting. It was now 10:30, and B2ST had to get ready for a fan meeting. Of course, I would be going along with them.

"Hi unnie!" A cheerful voice greeted me. I looked up to see Kwon Sohyun, the maknae of 4Minute.

I gave her a small wave, "Hello."

"That conference was tiring, wasn't it?" She said, stating the obvious.

I nodded, "Yes, yes it was."

"Aigoo~ I'm tired~" Kim Hyuna, another member of 4Minute exclaimed. She plopped down on the chair beside me, pouting.

Nam Jihyun, the leader of 4Minute, giggled. "Of course you are."

"You shouldn't be tired just because of that one conference. We have done much more tiring things than that." Jiyoon said, shaking her head.

Hyuna started kicking her legs, "I'm still tired~"

Sohyun sighed, "I'm the maknae, yet your the one acting childish."

"You got that right," Gayoon said, agreeing.

I stayed silent, listening to there conversation. It wasn't interesting, but it was better than staring at the wall, waiting for Jiyong.

B2ST then decided to join in on the conversation.

"What are you guys talking about?" Kikwang asked, taking a seat beside Hyuna.

Junhyung laid his back against the wall. "Probably girl stuff."

"It's nothing really important. Hyuna was just complaining about being tired." Jihyun said.

Dongwoon nodded, "Like always."

"You know, that's sign that you are getting old." Yoseob said, laughing. Soon enough, everyone, besides Hyuna and I, joined him.

Hyuna glared at them all, "You guys are mean..." She then turned to me and smiled. "At least your not laughing, Soyoung unnie!"

"You never know, she could be laughing on the inside." said Junhyung.

Hyuna shook her head in disagreement, "She wouldn't laugh at me." She turned back to me. "Right, Soyoung unnie?"

I didn't know what to say to her, and I didn't want to hurt he feelings. I just nodded.

She smiled brightly at me, then turned to the others. "See!"

"Whatever you say Hyuna." Jiyoon said.

"Alright kiddies, time to go!" Jiyong called out to us.

"That's our cue. C'mon guys!" Doojoon said. Then turned to me, flashing me a quick smile. "And you too, Soyoung."

I nodded at him, standing up.

"Bye unnie!" Sohyun said, waving goodbye. "Bye oppa's!"

4Minute soon followed suit, waving goodbye to us. We said goodbye back to them as well.

Now it's time for the fan meeting... This one, for sure, is going to be worse than the press conference. Firstly, there would be a million screaming fans. Second, a lot of flashing. Third, many girls who are going to hate my guts. This day just keeps on getting better and better.


Author's Note: Here is the 6th chapter. Sorry for the late update! I'm not sure when I'll be updating next. Thanks for reading. Please subscribe and comment. Also, if you didn't noticed... I changed my username! I used to be Dreamer-T, but am now FlyingHigh. There is no special reason on why I changed it. Or there is on why I chose this name.

 

~ FlyingHigh