22 - Phone Call

Take Care of My Niece

[Soyoung's POV]

 

Days passed... Weeks flew by... And before I knew it... A month has passed. I don't know how long I've been with these guys, because I've lost count. To think that I actually enjoyed having there company. My day wouldn't be complete without them here with me. Especially Yoseob. Yes Yoseob. Over these months I've spent with him and B2ST, I have grown attached to them.

I remember how in the beginning of my stay, I just couldn't wait to leave. I would be counting down the days backwards. Now, I don't really want to leave. This dorm feels like home to me. It is home. It's much more lively and has more company. More company than I ever had over the past years I've spent with Jung Juri unnie.

Such a pity... When I leave, my life is going to go back to how it usually was. No B2ST. No Yoseob. Just Juri unnie and I. It's not a bad thing to be with Juri unnie all the time, it just get's lonely whenever she is gone for work. I usually passed the time sketching.

Yoseob barged into my room, phone in hand. He handed it to me, "It's Jung Juri noona."

"Unnie?" I muttered, confused. Why had she called Yoseob when my phone was... I looked down at my phone to see that the battery had died. I forgot to charge it last night. "Thanks," I said to Yoseob, and pushed the phone up to my ear. "Yoboseyo?"

"Yoboseyo? Soyoung, is that you?" asked a worried Jung Juri on the other line.

I nodded my head, even though she couldn't see me. "Yes."

"Argh!" She yelled in frustration. I flinched a bit, pulling the phone away from my ears. "Why didn't you pick up your phone? Whenever I tried calling, it went straight to your voicemail. I was so worried!"

"I'm sorry unnie. I forgot to charge my phone last night. I guess it slipped my mind. I will remember next time." I explained to her.

"Slipped your mind? You usually never forget things like this... What did you do last night anyway? Actually, what have you been doing these passed months?" Jung Juri asked me curiously.

I shrugged, "Nothing important, why?"

"You seem more... Happy. Maybe B2ST is rubbing off on you." She hit the mark. That was exactly right. Those guys were rubbing off on me. I don't know if it was a good or bad thing, but I'm pretty sure it's a good thing.

"Maybe they are..."

She laughed out loud, "Soyoung, it's nothing to be ashamed out. It's a good thing!" I stayed silent, and I heard her sigh. "This is going to be harder than I thought..."

"What's going to be hard?" I asked her, curiously.

"My plan from the beginning was to get you close to B2ST. They are all kind and fun loving guys, and you never really had friends." Yes, I didn't have any friends. Ever since B2ST came into my life, I've made many friends. B2ST, 4Minute, G.NA, and MBLAQ. "It seems you've grown attached to them."

"I have." I told her.

"I'm well aware of that... Which makes this hard."

"What hard?"

"I'm coming back early from Japan. The filming has ended earlier than expected."

I nodded, "That's good, so what's the bad news?"

"Soyoung, you don't get it?" She asked me.

I shook my head, "Get what?"

"You stayed with B2ST because I wanted you to make friends, but I also wanted them to take care of you while I was gone. Now that I'm coming back, they no longer need to take care of you."

My eyes widened, realizing everything. Why didn't I realize it before? I couldn't stay here forever... No matter how much I wanted too. Jung Juri unnie was coming back from Japan, meaning that I will have to part ways with B2ST. Aish... I'm making this sound to dramatic. I could always visit them, right? But what if... What if they forget about me? When I'm out of there lives, they wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. And when they don't worry about me anymore, they will soon forget me...

"I see..." I muttered into the phone, disappointment noticeable in my voice.

"I'm sorry Soyoung."

I shook my head, "Nothing to be sorry for. This was bound to happen sooner or later."

"Are you sure?" She asked me, unsure.

I nodded, "Yes."

"OK... Well I have to get packed. My flight is tonight, and so I should be there in... One or two days?"

One or two days? That's not that long... That means I have to tell B2ST about this tomorrow. Or today... I might as well try and enjoy the time I have left with them.

"OK. Goodbye unnie," I said.

"Goodbye Soyoung!"

I hung up the phone, sighing.

"Are you OK?"

My head shot up to see Yoseob. Oh yeah... I'm using his phone. I nodded, handing his phone pack to him. He took it back in silence Did he possibly hear our conversation?

"Why did she call you? When she called me, her voice sounded very urgent." He said. Oh, so he didn't hear. I kind of wish he did... Then I wouldn't have to break the news to him, and I could just let him tell everyone else.

I shrugged, "Nothing important."

"OK... I will be out there if you need me. The other members are out there too." informed Yoseob. I nodded, watching him walk out the door.

When he shut the door, I sighed deeply. Falling onto my bed, I stared up at the ceiling. Why now?

 

[Yoseob's POV]

 

I shut the door, sighing. I wasn't a fool... OK, maybe I was. But that was only sometimes, not all the time. I had heard Soyoung's conversation with Jung Juri noona. I heard everything. I just lied to her that I didn't know. I didn't want her to think I was being rude for eavesdropping on there conversation. Even though... I saw the disappointment on Soyoung's face when she was told that Jung Juri noona was coming back. Soyoung didn't want to leave. And I didn't want her to either.

I walked to the living room, where all the B2ST members were. Hyunseung, surprising, wasn't sleeping. Instead, he was on his phone, texting away. Who could he possible be texting? Oh well, I could just steal his phone and read his texts when he isn't looking. Junhyung was on the floor, back against the wall, listening to music with his Dr. Dre headphones. Of course with a drink in his hand. Yup, you guessed it. It was coke. Doojoon and Dongwoon were watching TV, looking very bored. Kikwang was on the computer, typing pretty fast.

I took a seat next to Kikwang, who was on the couch. Right when I took a seat, I stole a quick glance at is computer. He was on YouTube, watching our videos. Right now, he was watching Beautiful.

"Hey," I greeted him. He didn't take his eyes away from the screen. Every now and then when he popped up, he would smile. I rolled my eyes at how conceited he was and how he had just ignored my greeting. I nudged him on his side, causing him pain.

He winced, "Ow... What did I do?"

"You ignored me." I told him.

Kikwang just shrugged, going back to our video. He was close to the end, where he was dancing. He smiled again, this time, an eye smile. "I look good in this video," He muttered.

Yup, he is conceited alright.

"B2ST," I yelled. Nobody turned to look at me. "B2ST." I said again, more louder. This time, only Dongwoon turned his attention towards me. That maknae is such a good kid. He doesn't ignore me, unlike the rest. Dongwoon poked Doojoon, telling him to pay attention to me. Doojoon nodded, and then kicked Hyunseung. Hyunseung glared at him, but reluctantly passed on the message to Junhyung. Junhyung then set his coke down, and put his headphones around his neck.

"What?" He asked me.

I lightly closed Kikwang's laptop, causing him to groan in response. "Now that I have all your undivided attention..."

"Just hurry up already." said Doojoon.

I glared at him, "As I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted. I need to tell you all something."

"Yeah, I think we know that." Hyunseung said.

I huffed, "YAH, do you want me to tell you or what?"

"I choose not." smirked Junhyung.

I swear... These guys are getting on my nerves... "Soyoung is leaving."

"WHAT?!" They all exclaimed. That got their attention.

I nodded, "Jung Juri noona is coming back early from Japan. She should be arriving in one or two days."

"How come Soyoung didn't tell us?" asked Doojoon, looking a bit hurt.

I shrugged, "She just found out today, and doesn't know that I know. I have no idea why she didn't tell us right when she got the news. Soyoung even lied to me."

"She lied again? What she lie about this time?" asked Junhyung.

"Well, Jung Juri noona called me, because she couldn't get a hold of Soyoung on her phone. I stayed in the room, listening to there conversation, because I was waiting for my phone. Soyoung kind of forgot that I was there until she ended the phone call. I asked her what happened, even though I knew what was going on. She lied to me, saying it was nothing."

Doojoon nodded, "I see..."

"So what are we going to do?" asked Kikwang.

I shrugged, "No idea."

"I have an idea!." yelled Dongwoon, raising his hand like a pabo.

I gave him a weird look, "What is it?"

Dongwoon motioned for us to huddle together, and we did so. "OK, so the plan is..."


Author's Note: Here is chapter 22. Please comment and subscribe. Maybe two more chapters till the end? Or three. Sorry for all the chapters, they have been pretty short. xP

 

~ FlyingHigh