Two.

Inseparable

Minjoo's P.O.V

I walked home later than usual, cleaning the classrooms during detention.

Why detention? I took too long to clean up after Miss Park's class, late for the second one. First day, already detention? Yup this was definitely going to be a long year.

Mr. Jeon Jungkook just so happened to be in the school, waiting for someone else to walk into his prank, but since I was here, it would be more fun isn't it? Covered in mayonniase and dried leaves is the best thing ever, thank you very much. Well great. Just great. I was earning everyone's attention, literally.

I scoffed at the girls giggling, boys laughing and scowled at them, sending them running. Before I knew it, I was entering my neighbourhood and could get home, thank god.

"Oh my darling, what happened to you?" My father said calmly before running to me, grabbing my arm roughly, before scanning me up and down.

"Get away from me." I growled and snatched my arm away, I sprinted for my room, not even sparing my stepmother, who was a self-centred , a glance.

"Remember to wear your fanciest dress sweetheart! We'll be going to that restaurant in half n' hour." Your father shouted from the kitchen.

-Flashback-

I was hurled up in your small bed, blasting my music, hopefully to drown the same woman's moans from two rooms away. Father had brought in different woman each day, for pleasure obviously. But this woman stayed with Father for more than a week, and I'm surprised he didn't dispose of her. It's kinda obvious he just wanted the woman to stay because of her money. She never shared her money however, mostly using it for herself. I just slept with my earphones in, hoping my biological mother would come back to comfort me, because this situation would definitely hurt her more than it would hurt me. From above, it must be disappointing to see the man you once married bring in a variety of woman every night for pleasure, and the worst thing, you can't do anything about it. How could she fall in love with a man like this?

Month later, the expected happen, and Father married that .

-Flashback end-

Since then, my life have become a living hell. My "stepmother" abused me here and there, not exposing to Father what kind of a woman she really was. Most of the time I had to cover the bruises and wounds up with long sleeves and skinny jeans, and if I had to wear dresses? Makeup was the only option. Thank god Korea was cold, if not I'll be showering in my own sweat with those long sleeves.

I browsed through my closet. It consisted of mostly jeans and simple tops, and a few dresses in the corner. I had a birthday dinner last year and I chuckled, remembering the time where I starved myself, eating only when necessary so I could save up to buy that dress that was absolutely beautiful, adoring it everytime I walked past it when I was younger. My watch beeped, informing me that it was 4 o' clock, and I had twenty minutes left before we went to that restaurant.

I stepped into the shower, enjoying the warm water, while thinking what could be the possibilities that my "parents" would bring me to an expensive place. The last time I remember being in an expensive place is probably never!

I turned off the water faucet, before drying my body with a baby blue coloured towel, putting on some undergarments and bra. I took one last look at the dress, slipping both sides off the hanger and putting on the dress. I tied my hair into a simple ponytail, and put on some light makeup, not forgetting makeup on those bruises and wounds. I looked myself in the mirror, and I felt a slight breeze through the open window. I heard a voice at the back of my head saying, "You look beautiful darling, but sadly, this decision has to be made, it's our family tradition." I shook my head, questions forming in my mind.

Decision?

Family tradition?

Father interrupted my thoughts, mentioning we would be late if we didn't leave now.

Did I take that long in the shower? I chuckled.

"Coming." I murmured and looked at the red heels my stepmother gave me as a "gift".

My stepmother hardly gives gifs, heck, she doesn't even wish me happy birthday or a happy new year.

I put on the heels regardlessly, and followed them into their limo. I said nothing the whole ride, boredly playing the games on my phone.

"Ma'am, we are here." He said calmly as he quickly ran to the other side to open the door for Mrs. Choi. She said nothing as she kept her head high and walked into the restuarant proudly, Father catching up behind.

The coldness bit at my skin, while I slowly stood up from the leather seat. Assistance came from the driver, as I held onto his hand.

"Thank you very much," I said as I shot the driver a small smile and a bow, gladly, it was returned.

"No problem." He ran back to the other side, opening the car door and I stood there watching the limo drive away.

"Ugh, this heels are so difficult to walk in," I complained as I struggled, sighing in relieve when the entrance was just a few steps away. I brushed my hair behind my ear and lifted my dress up so I could walk up the steps without tripping, the door already opened by a middle aged man dressed in a suit. I muttered a thank you before continuing on to find where my parents were. 

"Over here sweetie!" My stepmother called. I scoffed at the choice of words in digust, I walked to the table, uncomfortable. Woman, you are not allowed to call me sweetie.

What are these people doing here? Do I know them? They look awfully familiar though.

My stepmother had noticed my face of confusion, and cut off the staring competition between me and the group of people.

"Sweetie, they're just here for business matters, be polite and greet them."

I nodded, and bowed politely, "Good evening, my name is Choi Minjoo, nice to meet you!"

Stepmother rolled her eyes at my attitude.

"Aw what a cute kid, Jangmi-ah, why did you doubt my son and her being together, they would make a perfect couple!" A woman said as she smiled brightly.

Oh, so my stepmother's name is Jangmi? Wow, I realized I only know her name now. But what?! Her son and me together, what is this?

What's happening?

Again, that voice inside my head recited, "You look beautiful today darling, but sadly, this decision has to be made, it's our--" 

"Family tradition," I whispered, eyes widening a bit, this could not be an arranged marriage, can't it?!

"What's that dear?" The woman asked, but I brushed her question off with a shake of the head.

After the dinner, my parents and the group of people continued chatting about pointless things that I didn't really think related to the real reason why we were here, until the woman said something that caused me to be curious, very curious.

"Now, now where is that son of mine?" She said.

As if on cue, a teenage boy appeared in a tuxedo, walking to the table. He sat down beside the woman and brought up his head. My eyes widened, Jeon Jungkook?! What the hell is he doing here? He noticed my reaction, and sent me that annoying smirk I've seen for years. I rolled my eyes, and stared down at my dessert, speechless.

I picked up my glass of water to drink, mouth feeling a bit dry. "This meeting will be the discussion of Jeon Jungkook's and Choi Minjoo's marriage." I choked on my water.

"So this is confirmed isn't it? Your son will marry my daughter is that right?" Jangmi said, side-eyeing me.

The woman continued, "Yes, it is confirmed, and I will transfer the money to you in no time." 

She only did this for money? Tch, no surprise. I glanced at Father, whose eyes lit up at the sound of money. I shake my head, Father was really spoiled by Jangmi heh?

But the real problem is, I'm going to live with Jeon Jungkook in a few months, and he's going to be my husband. Great. Very great.

Father noticed that I was down and my arm saying, "Dear what's wrong?"

I scowled and pushed him lightly, screaming "go away!". Tears hindered my vision as it became blurry, I ran out the restaurant, running to where the limo was parked.

"Woah, what happened there Miss?" The driver looked up, shocked at your state:

hair disheveled, makeup running down my face

"I rather not talk about it" I said softly, opening the limo door, and sinking myself into the seat, distracting myself with music.

"If you say so Miss," and he went back to what he was doing.

No Choi Minjoo, this is all just a stupid dream! You'll grow up happy, finding a man you love with all your heart along the way, have kids with him and die peacefully. You're not going to have an arranged marriage wth Jeon Jungkook, and make him make your life more of a living hell than it already is, and die hating him, no!

"Wake up Choi Minjoo, you aren't dreaming." Your conscience told you.


guys you don't know how much i appreciate you guys subscribing! i was squealing when i saw 7 subbies, and 40 views, and i was really happy c: i know you guys probably think it's weird for me to get happy over something really small, but it really means alot to me. thank you so much and hope you stick with this story! i may update another chapter today! :) i dont mind being your friend too hehe! 

love you guys so much, thank you ;-; *ugly sobbing*

please comment and subscribe! :)