Twenty Four.

Inseparable

Goddammit, of course you still love him, how could you be so stupid Minjoo?!

You groaned out loudly as you hailed down a taxi and told the driver to follow the ambulance ahead of you with the annoying wailing sounds, the swerves to avoid traffic and screeches of the tyres on the concrete road. You franctically told the driver and over and over not to lose the ambulance, while he shouted back at you to shut up. As the hospital came into vision, the shouting died down as the cab came to a complete stop, as you watched Jungkook's fragile body being escorted into the hospital on a stretcher. Tears welled up as the world around you just stopped and the constant wailing sounds still going on, the shuffling of feet scurry to treat to Jungkook immediately. Another stretcher was brought in, while the driver from the wrecked car was struggling to breathe with blood stains on his clothes.

You breathed in a deep breath and stashed a bunch of notes into the taxi driver's waiting hands, mumbling a soft "keep the change" and stumbled out of the taxi. You rushed into the hospital and Jungkook was being pushed into the surgery room. You sank to the floor with the tears bugging to come out while they wet the white floor. Your whole body was shaking violently while you sobbed quietly into your hands. A nurse guided you to one of the uncomfortable blue seats while she walked away to continue her job. A minute or two later, you fell asleep with your head buried in your knees, face sticky from tear stains.

x

"M-minjoo..?" She paused for a while to mumble to herself before calling your name more confidently. Your body shook gently as your senses came about, except for your vision though, and you were face to face with an unknown figure.

"Who are you?" You wriggled yourself out of her grasp and distanced yourself away from her, before your vision came in sight and you recognized her.

So this was her. What was she doing here? Was she here to see Jungkook as well?

Your breath was taken away, she was even more beautiful up close and she was wearing the same exact clothes from that time where she witnessed the car crash. Her hair was messily flawless, while her mascara was beautifully done and her lips had a natural colour to it.

"Jungkook is now feeling better, I mean, if you want to see him." She spoke up, a petite voice.

"Oh, okay, thanks."

"I know about you, you know, you don't have to hide. Jungkook told me all about you. You're everything he has ever told me, even though you're a little messed up with hair sticking out."

If you weren't in the state you are right now, you would have thought that statement was at least 0.5% rude, but being this fragile now, that has got to be the nicest thing anyone had said to you.

"But aren't you guys like--"

--dating? Nah, we're not. We're cousins. And in our family tradition, holding hands with someone means that you're really close with him or her" You look surprised for a moment and then gave her a weak smile and stood up from the small chair, feeling a bit dizzy as you held the wall for support.

You walked towards Jungkook's designated ward and walked right in, while his head turned to the sound of the door opening.

"Jungkook?" His name had sound so foreign coming from your lips. You glanced at him, wires everywhere, while he laid down peacefully. He leaned on his side, scrolling through social media on his phone.

"Jungkook...?" You called out to him again, while his head turned to face you. His eyes followed your figure walking to the bed, displaying a face of fear.

"W-who--"

Your whole world crashed, your eyes widened, while your jaw dropped, your bag had crashed to the floor, all of its contents spilling out. Tears threatened to spill out, as your vision blurred. You walked closer to the side of the bed, grabbed his hand, and slid down to your knees. Jungkook had no reaction, accept comfort you and squeeze your hand. He surprisingly wasn't freaking out, considering he forgot who you were.

Jungkook looked down at the ring on your hand, and back at his, noticing the similarity between them. He still couldn't quite put his finger on who you were, but he definitely knew that the rings symbolized that you two were married. His brought his eyes to your still-crying figure, and called out to you.

"Hey, we're married aren't we?" You gave him a small nod.

"Tell me some stories about us? Maybe then I'll remember you a little." He smiled weakly at you, squeezing your hands once again.

"Uhm okay.. so where do I start?" You mumbled nervously, thinking about the first time your 'parents' had mentioned the arranged marriage just for business purposes.

"So, my parents are s, and they set me up in a arranged marriage with you. And boy, you hated me to the core--"

"I hated you? Really?"

"Yeah, a lot actually, you played countless pranks on me in high school. Putting flour in my locker, faking your feelings. We even had to live in a house together so I guess you knew where that ended up, total chaos." You chuckled a little. "You probably had a maid because you made me put on a maid dress and that I'll only be addressing you as 'Master' from then on. It was totally embarrasing, it made seriously depressed with you and my step-mother abusing me, and the bullying at school. Then my step-sister comes into the picture, threating me about my father's will, and that if I didn't return it to her, she'll kill me or something."

You sighed, wiping a few tears that fell down your cheeks unconsciously.

"I had a wonderful and caring boyfriend, Hoseok, or so I thought. Apparently he was working with my step-sister, and to get the will. I thought he was the best boyfriend anyone could ever have, until he turned his back on me."

You took a deep breath before continuing again:

"But then, you started acting nice to me in unexpected times. Cuddling me with the blanket during scary movies, defending me when your friends started lightly insulting me, going against my boyfriend and fighting him until he crawled out the back door with a black eye, getting extemely worried when we had a fight and you accidently made me fall down and faint, it was questioning me, 'Was this the boy I hated? Or did I just love him all this time?' It was worrying me too much, but then I realized I did love you. I loved you all this time and I hadn't noticed it." You smiled lightly at him, while he just sat there, curious to know more.

"However, you changed suddenly.. You started coming back later than usual and kept telling me it was just vocal or dance practices. But everytime I kissed you, I could taste a tint of alcohol. I knew immediately that you were lying, but I didn't say anything because I loved you too much and thought you would realize your mistake. But you didn't. And one night you suddenly ripped off my clothes and started having with me. I wasn't ready, but you did it anyway, and took away my ity. It was terrible, my heart was breaking, my mouth was quivering, my legs were failing, I did everythng I could to push you off me but you were too strong. You were filled so much with lust and you just couldn't stop. That wasn't anywhere near what I wanted my first time to be like. There were no 'I love yous' or eye contact and that just saddened me so ing much. You took advantage of me and I hated it, and then I left you. So after that I became a victim of anorexia, suffered two years and I'm healthy again, and here I am now." You looked up at Jungkook, face fallen while his tears also threatened to fall.

"I.. did all that?" You nodded sadly, looking down on the ground.

"Hey, come here." He moved over to the side and made enough space for you to lie down.

"Isn't it gonna be squeezy?"

"Just, come here. You miss me don't you?"

You just nothing as you crawled into the hospital bed, tears finally falling as you remember the time where you two bantered over the fact that the bed was too small for the both of you.

"I'll try my very best to remember the memories, but we'll get through this together, won't we? I don't know you, but I know for a fact that we're a married couple, so why don't we act like one when I get discharged?"

Jungkook gave you a peck on the forehead, and a reassuring smile, while you returned the action.

 

Yes, we definitely will get through this.