CHAPTER 45

The Interviews (A Skydragon/Sunsky Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud

 

*5 Months Later*

I hold his hand as we walk out of the wedding dress store. We're back in his home town and we're on our way to visit his parents. 

"Are you ready?"

"I'm so nervous. I think I've been ready for a very long time, though." I smile up at him. 

He gives me his best smile and presses his lips against mine under a lamp post on sixth street. I try to remember the look on his face because it was so beautiful. He makes me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. God, I love him so much. 

"I'm really glad you decided to do this." 

"I can't believe I decided to do this." 

"I'll make sure you don't regret it." He promises.

"I know." I look down at our intertwined hands and I'm grateful that we are able to make things right. 

He drives us to his parents house with a small invitation tucked in his pocket. When we arrive, he takes my face in his hands and whispers he loves me. 

"Mom! Dad! Come here." His sister already knows. 

As soon as they see him, they engulf him in a bear hug. He groans as he's squished between them but he smiles, nonetheless. After the small talk, he looks over at me and hands them the invitation. 

"Oh my..." His mom looks at me with adoration and a tinge of nostalgia. 

"Are you really going to do this?"

"Yes, we are. We don't want to wait anymore."

"I might change my mind." I tease. 

He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close, waiting for his dad to say something. 

"Son, if this is what you guys want then so be it. I support you. When is it happening?"

"Tomorrow."

"What?" Their eyes widen and they shake their head with disbelief. 

"We don't want to wait anymore."

"We've waited too long." I add. 

"What about the ring? Do you have a dress? What about food?" His mom starts nervously throwing out i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter