Help From An Old Lover

The Interviews (A Skydragon/Sunsky Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for this chapter: The 1975 - Medicine 

Taeyang's POV

I fish my phone out of my pocket and see the messages from Chaerin. 

I need your help. Come to park. 3:00. Okay.

Instantly, I regret agreeing to meet her but it's her. She'll always have me wrapped around her finger, that's clear. I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth before meeting her. Once I'm in the car, I exhale the anxiety that has been consuming me since she messaged me. We haven't talked in a while and I'm scared of what she wants to talk about. As I near the park, I remind myself that I will move on. I will move on. I will move on. When I walk out of the car, I am met by this gorgeous beauty and moving on feels harder every second I look at her. 

"Youngbae!" She jumps into my arms and hesitantly, I wrap my arms around her waist. We fit so perfectly.

"Hey." I try not to stutter on the simple word.

"I need your help, please." She seems fidgety.

"What happened? Did you kill someone?" I try to lighten the mood.

She gives me a sideways glance and shakes her head, a slight smile playing on her lips. "Should I leave Jiyong? Like completely move on?"

I stop dead in my tracks. She's asking me if she should move on?  Is she stupid? 

"Why are you asking me this now?"

"Because I've been thinking. I've been with Sungbin for a while now, and I had to see Jiyong and Kiko together and it killed me. I had to hold myself back from strangling her. The jealousy was unreal and unexpected. We broke up a year and half ago and I'm still chasing him. Why?"

Because you love him, I regretably admit to myself. You are blindingly in love with him. Always have, always will.

"I don't know." 

"Will I ever let him go?" She slinks back into her seat on the park bench. 

I look at this beautiful, broken girl in front of me and that's when I realize she's all I'll ever need. 

I hope so. "Maybe. Do you want to?"

"That's the thing. I don't know."

"This is so random. Why now?"

"I think seeing him with Kiko made me realize we might not be meant for each other. All those fairy tales I believed in might have just smudged the reality that love isn't perfect. You don't always end up with the person you love."

This is huge progress for her. Ever since they started dating, she would tell me they were meant to be. She never let that fantasy go. Until now. 

"Do you think you're meant for someone else?" Me?

"I don't know. I don't think Sungbin is the one." 

"Why don't you break up with him?"

"I'm lonely. I need someone to hug at night. He's there for me." I could be that person.

"Have you guys..."

"Have we....?" She blushes. "Oh, no. No, we haven't."

"Are you just doing it for the hugs?" I laugh.

"He's nice, I guess." She looks down at her hands. 

"You guess?"

"He is nice, but that's just it. Nice." She continues. "Sometimes, I think it's purely physical. I just don't feel that pull I feel with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter