Chapter 7.

Ephemeral

Here's another song for you. It's trap, and I've been really into trap lately. I thought it was a good song to put here, because it has a trippy feel to it, and it has that feeling of adolesence and youth, so yeah... I hope you enjoy it xD


Elevation

            “Your choreo?” Hoseok jumped up, arching his eyebrows at the blonde haired girl, who had walked in with Namjoon and Seokjin behind her.
“Hello, idiots.” She smirked at everyone in the room, as Hoseok lifted her off her feet and twirled her around. “Oh, Yoongi’s here too!”

Yoongi gave her a small smile, walking over to the three people that had just arrived.

“I thought you were supposed to kiss me before anything else.” Hoseok pouted as he kissed the girl on the lips. Everyone else looked away in disgust.

“Get a room, ew.” Namjoon rolled his eyes. Hoseok chuckled as he put his girlfriend down and smiled at Junghwa, who looked beyond shocked.

“Hyerin, this is Jungkook’s twin, Junghwa. Junghwa, this is Jang Hyerin, but it seems like you already know her!” Hoseok chuckled.
“Nice to meet you.” The blonde haired girl smiled. Junghwa stammered her greetings.

“Is she usually this nervous?” Hyerin arched her eyebrows.
“Probably because she knows you.” Yoongi spoke under his breath, but Hyerin could still hear him. She crossed her arms in surprise.

“Woah, did you guys swap personas?! Yoongi’s finally talking!”
“Uh, well, I-“ Yoongi flustered, turning red.
“He decided to improve his confidence.” Junghwa chuckled nervously.
“Is he doing it to impress you?” Hyerin wiggled his eyebrows, as the both of them turned pink with embarrassment. Jungkook laughed.

“Told you you’ve the hots for him.” He winked at his sister.
“I DO NOT!” She lunged at him.
“Anyway!” Hyerin jumped in between them. “Junghwa, you dance too, right? How about showing us your moves?”
“Ah, okay-“ Junghwa nodded nervously.

“You know any other of our choreos?” She asked, as another blonde haired girl walked in. “Sori, come here! She knows our choreography!”
“Woah, really? Do you know ‘Slide’?” Sori clapped her hands in excitement. Junghwa nodded, feeling numb with shock and excitement.

“Okay, Taehyung, can you please play Slide? Junghwa, stand in the centre, you can lead.” Hyerin smiled. Junghwa stood in the centre of the room, gulping nervously.

“This is another Missy Elliott exclusive-

That was their cue to begin.

“Shiiiiiiiiiet!” Namjoon gasped. “Junghwa’s so good!”
“She keeps up with the ‘Cupcakes’ choreography really well.” Seokjin nodded fervently.
“Ah, we can’t let the ladies take over the floor like this!” Jimin wailed.
“Okay, my turn.” Namjoon jumped up. “Taehyung, play my song.”
“Okay, Joonie.” Taehyung snickered.

“My anaconda don’t! My anaconda don’t!”

“Aw, no way!” Hoseok guffawed as Namjoon hilariously began to dance.
“Really?!” Junghwa rolled her eyes, but she couldn’t stop laughing. And evidently, neither could the others as Namjoon began to twerk.

"Ah, it's so hard. There's something dangling-"

Namjoon pouted, and there was a split-second silence in which everyone absorbed what he had said. After which they lost it completely. Yoongi was holding on to Taehyung as he laughed uncontrollably, Seokjin and Junghwa were holding on to each other to stop themselves from falling, and Jungkook and Jimin had gone as far as collapsing to the ground. 

“Ah, you’re the best, Namjoon.” Hoseok snickered. “Okay, we’ll show you who’s the ier one.”

More laughter ensued as Hoseok played ‘Something’ by Girl's Day, and started dancing to it. Soon, all the guys except for Yoongi began to act silly. Junghwa rolled her eyes at the people around and flopped down next to Yoongi.

“You look like you’re thinking hard about something…”
“Yeah…” He shrugged. "It's nothing to worry about, so don't worry."
“If you insist... wanna do something on that list?”

Junghwa winked mischievously. Yoongi arched his eyebrows, but slowly smiled.

“You’re in a good mood…”
“Mayo?” She questionned.
“Deal.” He smirked.
“Never knew you were capable of that expression, Yoongi.” Sori grinned.
“If only you knew half the things I was capable of.” Yoongi winked.
“Woah, that sounds dirty! Get away, ahjussi!” She wailed.

“You’re older than me, noona…” He muttered. Junghwa arched her eyebrows at him – it wasn’t everyday you heard Yoongi argue with someone like that.

“Yoongi’s my childhood friend, of a sort.” Sori winked, patting his head. “That’s why he’s not so hesitant to speak up when it comes to me.”

Yoongi let out a small scoff, and went back to watching the others dance.

“Of course, that bit about speaking up only happens once in a while…” Sori sighed.
“How about joining the Cupcake troupe, Junghwa?” Hyerin knelt down in front of her, grinning broadly.

“Woah, really? But, I, I’m not good-“
“You’re better than Jaehee anyway…” Sori snarled. Hyerin shot her a look, before smiling apologetically at Junghwa.

“Jaehee left due to personal reasons.” Hyerin shrugged nonchalantly. “That’s why we have Inyeong and Bada, two of my trainees, as temporary members, but we need a permanent member. For a while anyway.”
“I- It’s an honour… I’ll do it, yeah-” Junghwa stammered.
“Great!” Sori ruffled her hair. “Usually we practice everyday, but you’re in high school, so come when you don’t have cram classes.”
“Nah, I don’t have cram, so shall I just come over with Hoseok?” Junghwa asked reproachfully.
“Yeah, that’s better actually.” Hyerin nodded. “The troupe has practice from 6:30 to 8:00 PM.”
“Okay…” Junghwa mumbled, still in shock from the news.
“Hey, you should be jumping for joy! You’re a member of a dance troupe!” Sori thumped her back. Junghwa looked at her hesitantly.
“What if I’m bad?” She glanced at Hyerin. Yoongi arched his eyebrows.
“You’re good.” He mumbled. “Do it.”

Junghwa looked at him silently, and he gave her a small, reassuring smile.

“AWWWWEH!” Hyerin and Sori cooed. “You guys are too cute!”
“What the hell, ahjumma?!” Yoongi lashed out at Hyerin, his face flustered with embarrassment.
“Calm down, Yoongi!” Namjoon shouted from the other side of the room.
“People, I give you our newest member of Cupcakes.” Hyerin slung her arm around Junghwa’s shoulder. “Jeon Junghwa.”
“I ain’t surprised.” Seokjin grinned. “Congrats, Junghwa!”
“Aish! Why can’t I be a member of Cupcakes!” Jimin wailed.
“I’m sorry, I wasn’t aware you had a vag- had a female reproductive system.” Hyerin rolled her eyes. “Unless you’d be willing to cross-dress?”
“Yeah, okay, I’m a , nevermind.” Jimin smiled sheepishly.
“Idiot.” Jungkook snorted. “Well done, Junghwa, I’m sure you’ll do just well.”
“Was that sarcastic?” She hissed. Jungkook sniggered, patting her head.
“I’m joking, Hwa. I know you’re gonna slay.”

“We’re all back here.” Jimin murmured as he walked into Jungkook’s flat, and let out a gasp of pleasant surprise as his phone automatically connected to the Wi-Fi. “Ah, Kookie, I love you.”
“Get off me!” Jungkook roared, pushing Jimin away as he wrapped his arms around the former’s waist.
“Aw, Jungkook, why don’t you just let him hug you for once?” Junghwa laughed as she wrapped her arms around Jimin’s waist. “He’s so huggable!”
“You’ll see why.” Jungkook smirked as Jimin tightly wrapped his arms around her petite frame. Junghwa let out a surprised gasp.

“Jimin-ah, you’re so strong!” She awed. “No wonder! Your arms!”
“Like what you see?” Jimin grinned, flexing his arms to show his defined biceps and triceps. “Here, have some more of it.”

“Ack! Let go, Jimin!” Junghwa squealed as Jimin hugged her even more tightly.

“Is it okay for Jimin to do that?” Hoseok arched his eyebrows at Jungkook as Jimin started tickling Junghwa.

“Yeah, it’s only Jimin. He may be dumb, but he doesn’t have bad intentions.”
“Yeah, no bad intentions.” Namjoon scoffed.
“I don’t think I’d let Namjoon do that to Hwa, though.”
“Oy.” Namjoon glared at Jungkook, who simply gave him a cheeky grin.
“Oh, guys, I’m going to buy doughnuts!” Junghwa wriggled herself out of Jimin’s grasp.
“I’ll come with you!” Taehyung jumped.
“Taehyung! Minji’s online!” Hoseok shouted.
“OH NO YOU DON’T.” Taehyung jumped at him. “Minji’s mine! Yah! Don’t you have a girlfriend? off!”
“Taehyung’s crush.” Seokjin chuckled at Junghwa’s bewildered expression. “Hoseok always pretends to have a ‘thing’ for here, just to piss him off.”

Junghwa chuckled amusedly as Taehyung attempted to grab the phone from Hoseok, before glancing down at her own phone.

“, the nearest doughnut shop it twenty minutes away.” Junghwa pouted at the street map she brought up. “Looks like I’m going to have to take the bus.”
"Well, you ain't going alone." Namjoon shook his head. 
"Why? Seoul's pretty safe, right?" 
“It’s dark, it’s not safe, Junghwa, even if we might think it is.” Seokjin shook his head. “I know. Let Yoongi drive you there.”
“He drives?”
“Yeah, took his license the moment he turned eighteen. That’s beside the point. Yoongi!” Namjoon yelled. Yoongi arched his eyebrows at Namjoon.
“Go with Junghwa.”
“’Kay.” Yoongi shrugged, standing up. Junghwa smiled at him, and the both of them left the flat together. As soon as they stepped into the elevator, they glanced at each other, before bursting into laughter.

“Hard keeping a straight face!” He exhaled heavily, grinning. “With you trying to hide it.”
“I could say the same for you!” She chuckled.

“So where are we going?”

“Krispy Kreme. Though it’s a bit far off, they’ve got these custard filled doughnuts. We can just swap those with mayonnaise.” She winked.
“You’re evil.” He smirked, just as she smacked his head. “OW!”
“Hypocrite. It’s your idea.” She scoffed.
“Do you find some pleasure in smacking other people’s heads, Junghwa?” He winced, rubbing the back of his head.
“Well…” She smiled innocently, as they stepped out into the parking lot. He rolled his eyes towards the night sky, before smiling at her again.

“I haven’t seen you smile this much since we’ve met.” He began. 

“Yeah, but, that’s because I’m not thinking about the accident…” She muttered quietly. “But when I do… I just feel down.”

He sighed, sitting in the driving seat.

“I suppose I can say I know how you’re feeling… I think about my friends once in a while.” He nodded, as he fastened his seat belt. “And I really do miss them… I think it’s all about keeping them alive in our hearts.”

“Yeah… I suppose.”

She became silent, looking out the window as they pulled out of the parking lot. Yoongi looked at her worriedly, just as they pulled up at a red light. His hand reached out for hers, but he couldn't bring himself to comfort her. He didn't know why. 

The red light turned green. Looking back at the road, he stepped on the gas, driving down the road at a relatively fast speed.

The rest of the drive was spent in silence.


Hello, readers, new and old! First of all, thanks for subbing! Just reached 13 subscribers... lol xD But anyway I hope you're liking it! Do let me know of your thoughts regarding this story in the comments below.

Again, thanks for subscribing! You folks are awesome! 

-Haru.

P.S Here's YoonMin acting like little dumb s for you, oh Yoongi >//<