Chapter 4.

Ephemeral

Fired up

              Yoongi slowly opened an eye as he heard the doorbell ring. Glancing at the clock, he saw that it was nine in the evening. Had he been sleeping for the rest of the evening? .

Sitting up, he grabbed his sweatshirt from the armrest of the sofa he was sleeping on, and slowly trudged to the door. Quickly pulling it on over his bare torso, he opened the door.

"Hey- oh, sorry, I think I disturbed you."

Junghwa looked up at his messy brown hair, and bit her lip nervously. Yoongi shook his head, and made way for her to come in. Junghwa stepped inside, and looked around in awe. There was something about the slightly messy house that caught her attention. In a good way, of course.

"Sorry." He said softly, noticing her observant nature. "I usually don't have visitors-"

His voice fell again, realising that he had said too much. He turned pink again. Junghwa giggled. Yoongi looked really adorable when he was embarrassed.

Yoongi disappeared into the kitchen, and came out holding a cardboard box.

“Takeout?” She asked, taking a seat at the dining table. He slowly nodded as he rummaged through his drawer, and took out an extra pair of chopsticks.

“Here.” He mumbled, holding the chopsticks out to her as he placed the box in between the table. He sat down in front of her.
“It’s okay, I’m not that hungry.” Junghwa lied. She was actually was hungry. Very hungry. She didn’t want to eat though. She refused to.

Unfortunately, her stomach had conveniently decided to betray her forced smile, as it let out a small grumble.

“Uh huh…” Yoongi arched his eyebrows. Sighing in defeat, she accepted the chopsticks, and peered inside the box.

“Meatballs and noodles? Huge meat fan, huh?” She chuckled as she put some in . “Hey, this is good.”
“The best.” He shrugged. They sat in silence for a while.

"Uh, you probably want to ask why I'm here, right?" She sighed, and he vigorously nodded.
"I wanted to talk." She sighed, and he tensed, eyes slowly widening. Talk about what?
"Not about you." She laughed, reading his expression. "About, uh, my mother-"

She went eerily silent as she uttered the last few words. Yoongi looked at her, slowly nodding.

"So…" Yoongi said quietly, dropping his pair of chopsticks back in the box. He looked at her intently as he nodded for her to begin.
"I don't know-" She began. "I just really missed her now. I was going through my photo albums with Jungkook, and yeah-"

Her voice fell again. Yoongi instinctively held his hand out towards her. Junghwa hesitantly took his hand in hers, holding back the tears.

Yoongi looked at her tired face, and the dark circles around her eyes were suddenly more visible. And if his memory served right, she looked healthier in her 11th grade picture that Jungkook had shown him a few days ago. Right now, she looked pale, weak and far from healthy. He felt a pang of sadness for her situation. She must have been really close to her mother...

"I'm sorry-" Junghwa wiped her eyes. "I'm probably wasting your time."

Yoongi fervently shook his head. Junghwa looked down at her palms as she sighed again.

"Tsk." He clicked his tongue disapprovingly. "No sighing."

"Sorry." Junghwa apologised. "I can't help it, it's become a habit now."
"Stop it." He said simply. She choked back sobs, now looking at him angrily.

"I'm trying to forget. Sighing makes it easier for me." She snapped. "I bet you don't know what it's like to lose someone precious to you!"
"I do..." He murmured again, yanking his hand out of hers. His face darkened into a more grave expression, and Junghwa actually felt herself trembling under the man's intense gaze.

Suddenly, he stood up, and walked up to a bedroom. He took a key out of his pocket, and placed it into the lock. Junghwa immediately jumped up, following him.

He glanced at her briefly, before unlocking the door and opening it, stepping inside. She slowly followed him inside, and looked around, half with shock and half with awe. The walls were fully covered with Polaroid photographs. And they were all pictures of him and a few other boys, along with one girl that was there in a lot of photographs.

Yoongi sat down, and, to Junghwa's surprise, lied down on his back.

"Why are you-" She began, but he held his finger to his lips, beckoning her to come lie down next to her. Muttering disbelievingly at what she was doing, she flopped down next to him and laid back, looking up at the ceiling, which was also covered with Polaroid pictures.

"This room..." He said quietly, the anger now dispelled from his voice. "Is a memory. A tribute, for my best friends from middle school."
Junghwa looked at Yoongi in surprise. Tribute?
"What do you mean by 'tribute'?" She asked before she could hold herself back. Yoongi closed his eyes and sighed again.
"Back when I was fifteen-" He began. "My friends, we went for a road trip together, with my elder brother."
"Yeah?" Junghwa pressed on, unable to believe that Yoongi was talking a lot more than she had expected him to.

"And there was a car accident."

"Junghwa's eyes widened in surprise. He pursed his lips.

"Only I survived. Everyone else passed away."

Junghwa's lips formed a small 'oh', her intrigued face morphing into one of horror, and regret at pressing him to speak on about something that obviously brought pain to his heart and mind.

"I was the cause of it..." He mumbled, sadness now reflected in his eyes. "I was talking about something outside- and hyung looked, and-"

His voice trailed off. Yoongi avoided her intense gaze by looking up at the ceiling. 

"I'm so sorry, Yoongi." Junghwa expressed with genuine sadness. She felt really bad for voicing that he would have never understood how she felt.
"Ever since..." He gulped slowly, now sitting up to hug his knees. "Then... I've never really been able to speak freely. I was always held back- by this guilt-"

His voice fell as he held his knees closer to his chest, hugging them tightly. Junghwa placed a gentle hand on his shivering shoulders. Yoongi immediately tensed up, but soon relaxed and tried to calm himself.

"Most of my speaking is in here." He said quietly, playing with the bangs of his hair. "Outside, it's just-"

His voice fell flat again. Junghwa exhaled and looked at him.

"Maybe you should try speaking outside this room a bit more." She said softly, and he turned to look at her, his eyes big with shock.
"N-No-" He stuttered. "It's hard enough- in here- with you-"

He looked away, burying his head in between his arms. Junghwa sighed.

"No sighing." He muttered.
"I can't help it." Junghwa shrugged. "It's a habit. Like I said, I want to forget the car accident-"

"You won’t forget."

His quiet statement chilled her to the bone. She glanced at him. What he said was perfectly true. You can never forget about someone you truly loved.

He looked at her again.
"We can make it easier though." He murmured, getting up to his feet. "Come on."
He looked down at her.  Junghwa looked up, surprised and intrigued at his sudden desire to go outside.

"W-Where?" She asked hesitantly.
"Stationary store." He shrugged. "Nine-thirty. We have time. Let's go."

Yoongi immediately dashed out of the room. Shouting at him to wait, Junghwa rushed after him.


            "Why have I bought this?" She clicked her tongue in annoyance as she hands gently caressed the red diary in her hand, which had a weave of golden, thread like designs. Yoongi held his fingers to his lips again.
"Sit here."

The two had unknowingly wandered into a park. Yoongi, instead of perching himself on the bench, flopped down on the ground, bending the grass underneath with his mass. Junghwa was about to let out another sigh, but decided against it, and slowly sat down next to him. Yoongi prised the book from her hands, and slowly opened it. As he intently stared at the blank first page, he brought out a ballpoint pen. Junghwa looked at him as he thought deeply.

“We will do this…” He mumbled, scribbling down something at high speed before holding out the notebook towards her.

Assumingly retarded things Jeon Junghwa will do to forget (not necessarily in the same order)
Mentor: Min Yoongi :D

  1. Randomly hug any person you meet.
  2. Get drunk with someone when you’re eighteen (?)
  3. Cover someone’s car in post-it notes
  4. Jump into a pool fully clothed

“I don’t know…“ He blushed, feeling embarrassed as she looked at him incredulously.
“Are you ing kidding me?” She shouted. “This is supposed to help me?!”
“Fine, don’t say I didn’t try.” He snapped, and immediately looked away, shocked at letting his easily provoked irritability show. Junghwa bit her lip nervously, realising that she had angered him when all he did was try to help.

“I- I’m sowwie.” She pouted cutely, tapping his shoulder. As he looked at her, he saw her attempt at aegyo, and immediately snickered.

“What the hell- that’s aegyo?!” He laughed, clutching his stomach. Junghwa smiled, seeing the childish side to Min Yoongi. He wiped his eyes, exhaling heavily.
“Let’s add more stuff to the list…” Junghwa smiled warmly, taking the pen from his hand. He blinked in surprise, before slowly nodding.

“So, what now?” She mused, biting on the pen as they thought.
“Walk into a furniture shop. Hide in a cupboard and when people walk by, yell “FOR NARNIA” and run for it.” She snapped his fingers, quickly scribbling it down.
“Fill doughnuts with mayonnaise!” He smirked.
“That’s mean.” She chuckled, but wrote it down, nonetheless.
“How about filling a bottle of Windex with blue Gatorade and drinking it in public?”
“Meh.” She shook her head. “What else?”

The time flew by as the pair animatedly came up with the weirdest pranks to pull on people, as well as other socially unacceptable activities (not y time, you erts -_-), and as Yoongi looked at the time, he gasped.

“Junghwa, it’s eleven o’ clock…“ He stood up abruptly.

“What?!” She yelled in shock. “! Let’s go!”


Well! That was... fun >.> Well, this is where it all begins!

Hope you like the next few chapters!

Humor is included ;)

Aaaaaand I hope you liked it! Merry Christmas, folks<3

P.S YES IT'S A TY TO-FORGET LIST OKAY I AIN'T CREATIVE ahaha the other guys are going to be so pissed off when they find out it's a prank Hope you like it <3 Comment, upvote, subscribe if you're enjoying this so far ;D


Assumingly retarded things Jeon Junghwa will do to forget (not necessarily in the same order):
Mentor: Min Yoongi :D

  1. Randomly hug any person you meet.
  2. Get superbly drunk with someone when you’re eighteen (?)
  3. Cover someone’s car in post-it notes.
  4. Jump into a pool fully clothed.
  5. Eat samgyeopsal at 3AM.
  6. Replace cream in doughnuts with mayonnaise
  7. Replace cream in an Oreo biscuit with toothpaste.
  8. Hide in a cupboard in an Ikea store and yell ‘FOR NARNIA’ before making a run for it.
  9. Baking soda + ketchup = explosion!
  10. Onions dipped in caramel – Apples dipped in caramel prank
  11. Help anyone who needs it.
  12. Scare the out of Hoseok and Jimin (ghost in elevator prank?)
  13. Place a dummy in Jungkook's bed :3
  14. Scare Seokjin with a Sadako cosplay
  15. "Kidnap" Taehyung on his birthday
  16. Fill Namjoon's room with filled water cups.