Chapter 6.

Ephemeral

i really like this song! It's my new jam lololol xD it gives the feeling of being young and carefree, and I like that. Since this story revolves around high-school lives, thought it would be the most appropriate song to put for this chapter. Let me know what you think of grandtheft's remix^^ 


Exertion.

            “He pulled you into the pool?!” Jungkook laughed as he walked back home with Yoongi and Junghwa. “Hwa, that’s easily the oldest trick in the book! And you fell for it!”
“Aish, shut up!” Junghwa blushed, hitting her brother on the head. “Don’t speak like you never fell for anything in your life! You know, Yoongi, this idiot actually thought the tooth fairy existed until he was seven years old! I knew she never did when I was three!”
“You’re sure it’s a girl?” Yoongi arched his eyebrows, and Junghwa shut up, glaring at him.

“Nice going, Yoongi!” Jungkook high-fived Yoongi, before sticking his tongue out at his sister.
“ you both.” Junghwa huffed, walking away.
“Aw, Junghwa!” Jungkook shouted. “I’m sorry!”
“Oh shut up.” Junghwa rolled her eyes, turning to face them.
“Mian?” Yoongi smiled apologetically. Junghwa looked away, nodding.
“Okay…” She smiled back. Jungkook looked at her, outraged.

“Hey! Stop forgiving the Daegu boy all the time! Just because you have the hots for him-
“Excuse me?!” She yelled back, turning pink with embarrassment. “I don’t have the hots for him! Besides, Yoongi is adorable, okay?”

Junghwa pinched Yoongi’s cheek, grinning broadly. Yoongi’s eyes widened as he turned pink. Jungkook snorted.

“Okay, let’s leave Daegu boy alone.” Jungkook ruffled Yoongi’s hair. Yoongi looked at him gratefully, and smiled at Junghwa lightly.

“Oh, let’s go to Hoseok’s dance school!” Jungkook shouted as his phone beeped with a message. “No one’s coming there until eight so we can like, hang out until then.”
“Can we change then? I want to change out of this uniform” Junghwa pleaded. Jungkook nodded, seeing as they were already outside their building.
“Okay. Fifteen minutes, I will leave without you if you aren’t down by then.” Jungkook agreed.


“Sorry, I- Oh, Yoongi?”

Junghwa looked at the tall figure in surprise. Yoongi, wearing his orange beanie and a black sweatshirt, along with loose black pants, looked at her expressionlessly. 

“You look different.” She mused. “I didn’t know you danced.”
“Me neither.” He stuck his tongue out. “It’s comfy.”
“So you don’t dance?”
“I do…” He shrugged. “Haven’t in a while… do you?”

She looked down at her loose vest and MC Hammer pants, slowly nodding. 

“Yep. I used to go for hip-hop dancing lessons with Jungkook back in New York.” She smiled. “He used to hate it when the teacher told us I was better, and he’d stay up until three AM practicing. I guess that’s why he got a scholarship to Seoul Arts High.”
“Hm…” Yoongi nodded, as they stepped into the elevator.
“You think I’m showing too much skin?” She asked, peering down the side of her top. “Because in America, it’s okay to show off this much-“
“U-Uh, maybe wear a hoodie?” He suggested hesitantly, avoiding her eyes. “Until we get there?”
“Yeah, thought so.” She pulled on her green hoodie, rolling her eyes. “I swear, the cultural difference will be the death of me.”

As the elevator droned down the floors, Junghwa glanced at Yoongi, who was looking at the doors with a curious expression on his face. His hair was slightly brown now, but it still had the tinge of orange. She had to hold back her laughter as he stuck his tongue out playfully, glancing up at the ceiling.

He slowly chewed on his lip, as if he couldn’t wait to get out of the hot elevator. He had worn eyeliner again, she noticed, and it gave him an intensity that the other guys just didn’t exhibit.

Quite suddenly, Yoongi glanced back at her, and their eyes made contact for a brief second, before she turned away, flushed at the cheeks. Daring to glance back again, she saw that his cheeks were turning pink too. Dammit, Hwa, he doesn’t like attention… why are you checking him out anyway?! 

Mentally slapping herself, she slipped out of the elevator as the doors opened, where Jungkook was waiting in black pants and a white wife beater.

“Oh, there you are! I almost left!” Jungkook shook his head in disapproval. “Come on, we’re going to be late.”
“What late? We have time till eight! It’s only five-thirty!”
“Well, Hoseok’s instructor is willing to teach us for a bit, at seven, so let’s go!”

The three took the bus to the outskirts of Seoul, where it wasn’t that crowded, until they got off at a place that Junghwa had never heard of.
“This is like, an hour from Hoseok’s place. He lives on the other side of town.” Jungkook mused as they stood in front of ‘Soul Dance Studio’. “Hmm, he’s probably here already, let’s go in.”

Junghwa walked inside, and looked around the lobby in awe. Plastered on the wall, were Polaroid photographs of the students attending the dance academy. She looked around in amazement.

“Amazing, right?” Yoongi said quietly. Junghwa looked at him, and nodded.
“It’s incredible.” She grinned.
“Come on, lovebirds!” Jungkook chortled.
“What the , man?” Yoongi rolled his eyes. Jungkook chuckled.
“Ooh, getting all touchy now, are we?” He smirked. “Come on, let’s go. Hoseok’s already here.”

They walked down a deserted hallway, and walked into a brightly lit room with mirrors, where Hoseok was already there, dancing with Jimin.

“Whoa, Jungkook! Good timing! It’s our song!” Hoseok hollered, and Jungkook immediately rushed over to the pair, taking his place to the right. Hoseok nodded at Taehyung, who was sitting by the stereo. Taehyung pressed a button, and music blared through the speakers.

Junghwa watched with awe the trio took to the floor, their sharp dancing enrapturing everyone in the room. Junghwa had to admit, Jungkook had improved tremendously after he’d come back to Korea.

“Wooooot~!” Jimin shouted as they finished the choreography with Hoseok’s clean slide across the floor.
“Junghwa~” Taehyung grinned, and rushed over to her and Yoongi. He pulled her into a tight hug. Yoongi rolled his eyes at the sight. Taehyung was always fast when it came to skinship.

“Aww, Yoongi, you want a hug too?” Taehyung snorted, holding out his arms towards Yoongi.
“ off!” Yoongi shouted, pushing Taehyung away roughly. Taehyung pouted and sat back down next to the music player. Yoongi looked at Junghwa, shaking his head before he sat down at his usual spot next to Taehyung.

Junghwa grinned, and quickly took out her Polaroid camera.

“I need pictures. Now!” She grinned. Jimin jumped aside, as Hoseok immediately complied and put his arm around Jungkook.
“Kookie, your sister’s a better dancer.” Taehyung snorted, and Jungkook looked at him viciously, his face contorting into a hilariously outraged expression just as Junghwa took the picture.

“Aha, Kookie, your face!” Junghwa laughed as the developed picture came out.
“Aish!” Jungkook lunged at it, but she quickly pulled it out of his reach.
“Wait till Jungah sees this.” Junghwa grinned, and quickly turned towards Yoongi and Taehyung, who were sitting next to each other.

“Oh, guys, now the both of you!” Junghwa grinned. Yoongi looked at her hesitantly.
“Do I have to?” He pleaded. Junghwa pouted.
“Please?” She smiled pleadingly. “I don’t want to not have a picture of you guys before the school year ends!”

Sighing, Yoongi smiled, as genuinely as he could. As soon as the developed picture came out of the slot, Taehyung grabbed it with excitement, ignoring Junghwa's disapproving noises as his eyes widened at the picture.

“Woah, Yoongi, you look cute!” Taehyung snickered as he looked at the picture. Yoongi looked at it, and turned pink with embarrassment as Junghwa pinched his cheeks.

“He’s right, you know.” Junghwa chuckled. “You should smile more.”

“I’ll try…” Yoongi said hesitantly, putting on a small smile.

“Hey, Junghwa! Stop flirting with Yoongi- Jungkook put his arm around her shoulder, and pulled her in front of the mirror. “-and freaking dance with me! It’s been too long and I want to show you how much better I am!”
“Bring it on, er.” Junghwa smirked, pulling off her hoodie and handing it to Taehyung, before pulling her hair up into a ponytail.

“Remember that choreo we learned three years ago?”
“Which one?” Junghwa asked.
“The one you were really good at.” Jungkook shrugged.
Idiot! Don’t say that one that one, which ing choreo?” Junghwa snapped.
I don’t want to say it! It ruins the suspense!” Jungkook groaned, shaking his head.
It’s not like they understand us!”
Yoongi does.” Jungkook shrugged again. “Come on, you know that one that goes ‘doodooodooodoo~

Turn Down For What.” Yoongi mumbled under his breath, but Junghwa heard it and gasped.

“Ah, that song!” Junghwa clicked her fingers. “Of course I know that song!”
“Yeah only ‘cause Yoongi opened his big mouth!” Jungkook pouted. Yoongi looked at him, pretending to be hurt.
“Taehyung, play that song.”
“Let’s go!” Jungkook shouted as the distinct buildup blasted through the speakers.

“Holy .” Jimin muttered in awe.
“Woah, they’re both good!” Taehyung gasped. “Look at Junghwa!”

Yoongi’s eyes slightly widened at how Junghwa danced. It was so precise, and yet it seemed so free. He was in awe at how she could show the emotion in her dance, and it was amazing.

“Oh, Yoongi, you should show off your dance skills too.” Hoseok muttered into his ears. Yoongi shook his head adamantly.
“No way.” He hissed, turning pink. “I’m not dancing.”
“Oh yes, you will soon.” Hoseok chuckled. “Good job, Hwa!”
“Hey, only I call her that.” Jungkook pouted.
“Anyone can call me Hwa!” Junghwa slapped his head. Jungkook winced in pain.

“Ow! Don’t do that!” Jungkook yelled, dashed to the music player, and, to everyone’s surprise, furiously went through the tracks, until he found a song.
“Let’s see you dance to this.” Jungkook smirked.

“Psh.” Junghwa scoffed as a song called ‘Big Booty’ blared through the speakers. Standing in the middle of the dance room, she began to dance.

“Hey, that’s my choreo!”


Heya folks, me again ^^
Sorry, it ain't a big chapter :/ it's mostly a filler? The thing is, there's a whole bunch of stuff we need to understand about our characters, so that's why the action hasn't come up yet.
Action, you say? Well stuff does get interesting so keep a watch out for that ;)
And as always, thank you for taking the time to read this story. It's not like any story I've written before, so I really hope you like it!
- Haru (P.S. XOXO from Yoongi-yah^^)