Chapter 5.

Ephemeral

Elation

            “Where the were you?!” Jungkook snapped as his sister appeared at the door.
“Jungkook, chill. I’m fine, right?” She snapped back, glaring at him viciously.
“It’s eleven freaking thirty, why were you out so late? And that too, alone!” He sighed, still angered.
"Jungkook, calm down-"

I already lost mom, don’t make me lose you too!

Junghwa looked at him, her eyes widening in shock. After what was like an eternity, she sighed, the sadness reappearing in her face.

“Yeah… sorry, I’ll call next time.” She said shortly, and strode to her room, not forgetting to slam the door behind her.
“She was with me.”

Jungkook looked at Yoongi in surprise. Are they that close already?

“How come…?” He asked reproachfully, crossing his arms as Yoongi walked into his kitchen and opened the door of the fridge. He ignored Jungkook as he took out a can of Coca Cola.

“Yoongi.” Jungkook asked sternly.
“I told her.” Yoongi murmured as the can opened with a fizz. “About the accident.”

Jungkook let his arms fall to his side as his eyes widened in surprise.

“But you barely know her.” He said quietly. Yoongi took a swig of his cola and looked at Jungkook silently.

“I know her enough…” He whispered. “To know the pain that’s inflicted in her heart.”

A few days later…

“Junghwa!”

Junghwa turned around as her name was called out. Taehyung ran up to her, panting heavily. He bent over as he tried to catch his breath.

“Hey, Taehyungie, you okay?” She asked nervously. He nodded, smiling as he looked up at her.
“Yep. How come you’re alone?” He asked. “Where’s Jungkook? And Yoongi?”
“Didn’t wait for them. Why don’t you?” She muttered, suddenly walking off. He looked after her, confused, and ran up to her.

“What’s wrong- What are you slipping into your mouth?” He asked. Junghwa’s eyes widened as her attempts to discreetly put the tablet in did not go unnoticed.

“It’s nothing-

She desperately tried to hide the box of medication in her bag, but he quickly grabbed it from her hand.

“Xanax?” He asked quietly. “You have anxiety?”
“Yeah, kinda.” She smiled sheepishly. “But, uh, can you keep this between the both of us? Please?”

Taehyung almost laughed at her pathetic excuse of aegyo, but holding his laughter in, he nodded solemnly.

“Sure. I won’t tell Kookie, if that’s what you mean.” He smiled forcefully. She smiled thankfully.

“Let’s go?” She asked hopefully. “I want to meet Yongguk about the track team today.”


           “Hey, Junghwa.”

Junghwa, who was sitting in the classroom with her head in between her hands, looked up at the voice speaking at her. Yoongi looked at her concernedly.

“You… you alright?” He sat down next to her. She winced, burying her face into her arms.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” She nodded, rubbing her eyes sleepily. He looked at her worriedly, seeing that her dark circles had become more pronounced over the days. And he was pretty sure it wasn’t solely because of what they did last night.

“It doesn’t seem like that-
“I said I’m fine.” She snapped. “Stop annoying me.”

Junghwa stood up and glared at him, before realising that the entire class was looking at her. She froze, her eyes widening as everyone began to whisper. Junghwa quickly grabbed her bag and ran out of the classroom.

“What the hell?”
“So what if she’s pissed off or she’s tired, she still can’t snap at poor Yoongi like that-

Before anyone could say anymore, Yoongi stood up and ran out of the classroom, partly because he was embarrassed with the newfound attention, partly because he was worried about her. He ran to his right, panting as his body was forced into a sudden movement.

She’s probably at the terrace, Yoongi thought to himself as he ran down the hallway.

“Aish-” He clicked his tongue in annoyance as he nearly lost his balance. Soon, he got to the terrace. Opening the door, he stumbled out, and sighed in relief when he saw her sitting down on the floor, drinking some water.

“Idiot.” He muttered to himself. “You okay, Junghwa?”
“Yeah, sorry.” She sighed as he sat down next to her. “I’m sorry, just really tired.”
“Yeah, well, following last night…”

He shrugged, his voice failing him as he went silent. She sighed again. He arched his eyebrows.

“Hey, no sighing.”
She smiled sheepishly, giggling, before putting her head on his shoulder.

“Uh, Junghwa?” He muttered, surprised at the sudden contact. His cheeks were turning pink and he couldn’t explain why. Fortunately for him, she didn’t notice as she snuggled against his shoulder.

“Please let me sleep for a bit?” She asked hopefully.
“Ah, well, I- Oh alright.” He gave in. “Can we, uh… skip the rest of today like this?”
“With pleasure.”

Yoongi could swear he heard the smirk in her voice. He grinned to himself.


“Why are you here?”

Yoongi arched his eyebrows at Junghwa, and immediately blushed, surprised at himself for being so forward and speaking so boldly. She turned around, and looked at him.

“I was finding it hard to sleep.” She said simply. “You?”
“Me too. It’s calm here.” He said quietly.
“Not for me, it isn’t…”
“Oh,” He began, but he was interrupted by her heavy sigh.

“Literally hanging off a thread between life and death, where I’m sitting.”

She looked back at the moon that hung up in the sky, the wind blowing her hair into her face.

He looked at her, eyes widening in shock as he realised that she was sitting at the edge of the terrace.

Without stopping to think, he rushed up to her. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her back from the jaws of death, losing his balance as he fell to the floor with her on top.

“Oof!” She winced, and immediately sat up to kneel down beside him. “Yoongi! You okay-

He held his hand out and cut her off abruptly. As he sat up, he gave her the most vicious glare he had given anyone in his life. Junghwa shuddered under his cold expression.

“What the ?” He hissed.
“S-Sorry.” She stuttered, but her voice fell under his scary look.
“Shut the up.” He snapped. “I am so pissed off right now.”

Yoongi stood up, holding his arms to his waist. He looked down at Junghwa, who looked at him with a sad expression. He softened, kneeling down again.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.
"Nah, it's just-" She began.
“It’s okay, let it out.”

Junghwa bent her head, crying softly. Yoongi sighed, patting her shoulder.

“It’s okay…”
“I’m sorry.” She sniffed.
“Don’t you dare do that again…” He murmured. “We have that list to finish.”

She nodded, still sniffling softly.

“Mian…” She mumbled. Yoongi smiled a little, seeing her relax, plus hearing her apologize in satoori.
“I know.” He said quietly. She looked at him in surprise.
“What?” She asked, her curiosity bursting.
“Let’s go.” He motioned towards the door, and pulled her up to her feet. The both of them walked down to the first floor.

“Yoongi, what are we-
“Ssh!” Yoongi hissed. “Don’t get us screwed.”

He looked back at her, smiling rather deviously. Surprised by Yoongi’s sudden streak of mischief, she grinned back and followed him outdoors. They were in front of the swimming pool.

“Oh my god. No.” Junghwa shook her head. “NO. I am NOT jumping in here fully clothed!”
“Unless you’d strip?” Yoongi arched his eyebrows.
“…you cocky !” Junghwa blushed involuntarily. “No way!”

Yoongi smiled again, mischief twinkling in his eyes. Junghwa was shocked at the Yoongi’s cockiness come out… but she liked it. Regaining her composure, she smirked back.

“You go first.” She grinned. Yoongi shrugged, and stood up. He looked at the water, and realised that it was a stupid idea, seeing that it was slightly chilly at that time.

“What’s wrong, Yoongi?” Junghwa crossed her arms triumphantly. “Too chicken?”

Biting his lip in frustration, he squinted his eyes as he jumped into the pool. Junghwa watched in horror as he came up to the surface, smiling toothily.

“Your turn.” He shivered, his bangs plastered across his forehead and eyes. Junghwa looked at him hesitantly, and shook her head.

“It looks really cold.” She murmured. “I don’t want to get sick.”
“…fine.” He sighed, disappointed. “Help me up.”

As Junghwa took his hand in hers, she felt herself being pulled into the water. 

“er.” Yoongi laughed as Junghwa appeared from underwater, glaring at him viciously.

“ you.” She muttered angrily. Yoongi was now laughing uncontrollably, holding on to the ledge of the pool. She glared at him again.
“That.” He pulled himself out of the pool. “Is more fun than jumping off of the building.”

He smiled at her, and helped her out of the pool.

“Sorry.” He apologised again, pouting as she scoffed at him. Her lips twitched, and eventually, broke into a smile.
“You’re forgiven.” She sighed in defeat. He patted her head, and smiled again.

“Cross that off of our list, okay?” He said softly.


This was the dumbest chapter I've written. For reals xD But yes! More YoonHwa moments :3 Sorry it's so short! >.<
Happy new year, peeps! Hope 2014 was a good year for you, and I hope that 2015 will be even more amazing for you <3
So I'm starting the year off with an update fot this story! Really hope you're liking the story so far! Don't forget to comment and tell me what you think. Upvote if you're really liking it, and subscribe, if you want to ;)
See ya later! - Haru (P.S. This GIF of Suga is just adorable)

Assumingly retarded things Jeon Junghwa will do to forget (not necessarily in the same order):
Mentor: Min Yoongi :D
  1. Randomly hug any person you meet.
  2. Get superbly drunk with someone when you’re eighteen (?)
  3. Cover someone’s car in post-it notes.
  4. Jump into a pool fully clothed.
  5. Eat samgyeopsal at 3AM.
  6. Replace cream in doughnuts with mayonnaise
  7. Replace cream in an Oreo biscuit with toothpaste.
  8. Hide in a cupboard in an Ikea store and yell ‘FOR NARNIA’ before making a run for it.
  9. Baking soda + ketchup = explosion!
  10. Onions dipped in caramel – Apples dipped in caramel prank
  11. Help anyone who needs it.
  12. Scare the out of Hoseok and Jimin (ghost in elevator prank?)
  13. Place a dummy in Jungkook's bed :3
  14. Scare Seokjin with a Sadako cosplay
  15. "Kidnap" Taehyung on his birthday
  16. Fill Namjoon's room with filled water cups.