Chapter 20.

Ephemeral

Hey, guys! Surprise, a double update! And by double update I mean updating over two consecutive days and that is really not a double update... Anyhoo, I hope you like this chapter (or maybe not, and well... you'll soon see why). Sorry for leaving you with a cliff-hanger in chapter 19. I have a weakness for those...

Time had stopped for the whole stadium as Yoongi took the plunge. The ball glided towards the net, and the fact that no one had any idea of what was to come sent everyone on edge. Daehyun clutched his shirt between his teeth, his eyes widening with anticipation, following the ball without so much as even blinking.

The whole school followed the orange ball as it flew towards the basket, a deathly silence overcoming the whole stadium.

The basketball hit the transparent board behind it, before falling through the net.

The stadium was engulfed by a split second silence, as the referee blew his whistle for full-time, following which Mark jumped to his feet, letting out an victorious roar. The whole school joined in, screaming and shouting as the team ran onto the stadium, surrounding Yoongi, who looked beyond stunned as he was engulfed into an enormous group hug. Yoongi looked at his excited teammates, unable to process what had just happened. He blinked at them, looking very lost.

"Bless his soul, he's so out of it!" Mark laughed.
"Yoongi, you did it." Daehyun ruffled his hair. "We won! 48 to 47! We won!"
"We did...?" Yoongi murmured uncertainly, and everyone around him nodded enthusiastically.

And it was then that Yoongi smiled, unable to contain his excited shouts that joined in with the rest of the teams, as they jumped and danced at this enormous victory for the whole team and for the shooting guard.

"You showed him!" Jackson hollered.
"I told you I would!" Yoongi grinned, before his eyes flickered over to Jinhyuk, who was looking at him bitterly. Yoongi, after celebrating for another few moments, walked away from his team, moving towards Jinhyuk.

"Here to rub it in my face, Min?" Jinhyuk sneered. "Just like you did when you won that under-fifteen national player award?"
"I didn't rub that in your face." Yoongi scoffed. "And you could have easily won, if you'd played fair."
"Fair point, Yoongi." Jinhyuk sighed, before giving him a wistful smile. "So I guess an apology is in order."
"I'm waiting." Yoongi crossed his arms together, looking at him sternly. Jinhyuk sighed again, slowly nodding as he opened his mouth to speak. 

"...I apologise. Whether you choose to accept it or not isn't in my power, but my apology still stands."

"I'll accept it." Yoongi smiled graciously, before holding his hand out. "You played well. Except when you fouled us, of course."
"The same goes for you." Jinhyuk grinned, taking Yoongi's hand in his. "You've improved a lot, Min. Makes me proud as your ex-captain."
"Oh, I'll bet it does." Yoongi smirked, before shaking his hand. "I hope I never see you again... chief."
"Oh, don't worry. The feeling's mutual." Jinhyuk winked, before rushing off towards the rest of his teammates.

"And SAHS, clearing the first round of the national playoffs, will soon be moving into the next round, which would be against-"

Yoongi drowned the announcer's words out as a strange sense of happiness swelled up inside him. He did it. He won. Not only against Jinhyuk and Changsuk High, but also against the being inside him that kept instigating the inner conflict over the accident three years ago. He sighed happily as he joined the rest of his teammates. He did it.

"We're all celebrating tomorrow." Daehyun grinned at his team as they shuffled back into the locker room. "No buts. You're all coming."
"Roger that!" Hanbin shouted from the back, doing an excited dance with Jiwon over the team's win. 
"We'll make it." Namjoon grinned, before smiling at Yoongi. "Right?"
"Right." Yoongi smiled forcefully; he did not know why he was on the verge of crying, but he was doing his best to hold it in.

Soon after the team had finished changing, and the principal had walked in to offer his congratulatory words, they made their way out of the locker rooms, talking for a while more before dispersing again.

Yoongi and Namjoon stayed behind, waiting for the rest of their friends to join them before they left. Namjoon looked over at Yoongi, who was looking down at his Nike Jordans with a wistful smile.

"You know, everyone bought this for me before the final match." He sighed, giving Namjoon a sad grin. "Gayeon knew how much I wanted these, and she asked everyone to chip in, and bought it as a late birthday present."
"I remember." Namjoon nodded. "Everyone rushed into class and put the box on your desk. The look on your face was priceless, me and Taehyung should have taken a picture."
"Man, I'm glad I did most of my growing by then." Yoongi snorted. "We used to be the same height."
"And now-" Namjoon laughed, ruffling Yoongi's hair. If it weren't for Jimin and Junghwa, you'd have been the shortest."
"Yeah..."

Yoongi nodded, as they became quiet once again. He looked back down at his shoes, suddenly overcome by emotion as the hot tears pierced his eyes. He bit his lips as his body began to tremble with the sadness he forcefully held in. Namjoon immediately put his hand on Yoongi's shoulder, patting it reassuringly. 

"Namjoon! Yoongi!" They heard Jimin's voice echo down the hallway, and saw him rush towards them.

"When did you get here?" Namjoon arched his eyebrows. "I thought you weren't going to come?"
"We weren't." Hoseok joined them, giving them a broad smile. "However, we decided that we couldn't miss this for the world. We got here by hallf-time."
"Good thing too." Seokjin spoke up, as he walked up to the group, followed closely by Jungkook, Junghwa and Taehyung. "How's the shoulder?"
"It's alright..." Yoongi mumbled, his eyes firmly fixed on the ground. 

"Ah, Yoongi, what happened?" Jimin looked at him curiously. "You won, you should be happy!"
"I am... don't worry." Yoongi grinned, looking up at them, and surprised everyone with his tearful expression.

"Yoongi! Don't cry!" Taehyung began, giving him a sad smile. "Hey, you showed Jinhyuk. You should be smiling!"
"I'm just really happy, Tae." Yoongi grinned. "I'm fine, really."
"Doesn't seem like it." Hoseok pouted.
"But we shan't ask any more of it!" Junghwa spoke up, giving them all reproachful glances. "Leave him be. Let's celebrate."

"Ah, since Yoongi managed to make our team win-" Hoseok pinched Yoongi's cheeks, making him shout angrily. "He should treat us."
"Our king Min Suga!" Jimin shouted, giving the older male a hug from the back. 
"Aish, I'll never escape these two, will I?" Yoongi let out a resigned sigh, gently patting Jimin's head (which he had conveniently placed on Yoongi's injured shoulder). 
"Damn straight." Hoseok snickered. "Never."
"Where do we go?" Taehyung asked curiously. Seokjin looked over at him, before giving everyone else a mischievous smirk.

"My place."


"Ah, Junghwa looks so adorable when she's sleeping." Namjoon grinned at the girl, who was sleeping with her head on Yoongi's shoulder.

"I didn't think she was a heavyweight." Seokjin mused. "She was still standing for a few hours, even after downing three bottles of soju."
"She's just tired right now." Jungkook snorted, before bursting into a fit of giggles with Jimin. "She's got a good alcohol tolerance."
"And you, not so much." Hoseok smacked his head, making Jungkook laugh again, and the rest of the room sighed. They all knew how Jungkook's tolerance was the worst of the seven who had had alcohol before.

Yoongi looked at everyone irritably. He was tired, and since he had chosen to stay sober for the night along with Taehyung (who was still seventeen), he was really sleepy as well. He was scrolling through his messages, keeping himself entertained with an arguement with Mark and Hanbyul on how Heat suffered after LeBron James left the team to sign with Cleveland, and how the Bulls were a better team than the Raptors.

He glanced at Junghwa, who was snoring gently, before shaking his head.

"Should I take a picture? I can bribe her with it..." Yoongi sleepily spoke to himself, glancing at her casually before looking down at his phone. Everyone looked at him incredulously, unable to believe that they were hearing such words from their best friend's mouth. Yoongi looked up from his phone, and saw them staring at him with shocked expressions.

Attention. He didn't enjoy it.

Yoongi could feel a blush rise up his neck as he glanced around at his friends, trying to keep a calm outer bearing.

"W-What?" He stammered.
"What gives, Min?" Seokjin arched his eyebrows. "You hate selfies. And yet, you're talking about taking them with Junghwa. No... you actually do take them with her."
"Don't want to be rude when she asks, I guess." Yoongi smiled sheepishly, hoping that they would end it at that. Unfortunately for him, they had no intention of dropping the matter as easily as he had hoped they would.

"Bull." Hoseok rolled his eyes. ". We know it's not like that."
"Then what's it like, you little ?" Yoongi scoffed.
"You like her."
"No." Yoongi blurted out, a little too quickly, much to everyone's delight. Jimin and Jungkook looked at each other, and rolled their eyes.

"Denial!" They chorused.
"Shut up." Yoongi rolled his eyes, but his blush wouldn't go away. Damn it!

"I don't like Junghwa." Yoongi shook his head vigorously.
"But I wanted you to be my brother-in-law!" Jungkook wailed, flaying his arms around violently in an alcohol induced trance.

"Shut up! You're too drunk!" Yoongi snapped. "Geez! It's late. Let's go!"
"Whatever." Jimin smiled sheepishly, obviously too drunk to press further. Yoongi sighed, and gently tapped Junghwa's shoulder.

"Yo." He muttered, but she refused to wake up. He tapped her shoulder again, this time more impatiently, only to receive a smack on the head from her.

"Aish." He grumbled, standing up. "Jungkook, get your drunk off the floor."
"Whatever." Jungkook stood up and staggered over to the table, taking his phone and his sister's in his hand.

"Can you even stand?" Taehyung put Jungkook's arm around his shoulder, before wrinkling his nose in disgust. "Jesus! This is why I can't wait to be legal, I don't have to carry anyone's drunk asses back home!"
"Well, looks like I have no other option." Yoongi sighed heavily, before putting his arms behind Junghwa's back and under her knees and lifting her off the sofa effortlessly.

"Carry me like that too!" Jungkook whined at Taehyung. Everyone else chortled as Taehyung smacked his head, grumbling indistinctly.

"Jesus, she's not that light-" Yoongi groaned as he carried her across the hall. "Namjoon, get the door."
"Text us when you get these two home safe." Namjoon nodded at them, as he stepped out of the house. Yoongi nodded slowly, before stumbling out of the apartment, struggling to walk straight.

Taehyung, who had appeared at the door with Jungkook in hand, smiled at Namjoon sadly, in an attempt to gain sympathy from the elder male, maybe even get him to help him out with the drunk boy.

"Nice try. off." Namjoon snorted, seeing into Taehyung's hidden motive. The younger male rolled his eyes as he staggered himself and Jungkook out of Seokjin's flat.

"Can't I carry Junghwa? You know how to deal with drunk Jungkook anyway!" Taehyung complained.
"She's heavier than you." Yoongi arched his eyebrows.
"No way! I'm heavier than you, you idiot, she can't be heavier than me- that would mean she's heavier than you-"
"Why do you think I'm struggling so much?!" Yoongi snapped back just as Junghwa stirred a bit.

"Yoon..gi?" She mumbled sleepily.
"Now she wakes up." Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Can you stand?"
" you." Junghwa wrapped her arms around his neck, snuggling her face into his sweater. Yoongi turned pink with embarrassment and confusion – how does one react in scenarios like this anyway?! Didn't this happen in the movies, or in manhwas?!

Seeing his face change colour, Taehyung gave him a fishy look, but decided to shrug it off as the elevator reached their floor. The pair struggled into it, heaving the two drunk siblings in their arms.

"Ahhh, Yoongi's carrying her princess style!" Jungkook laughed. Yoongi felt his cheeks go red again, and he looked at the screen on top of the elevator doors. Ground floor.

The elevator let out a small ding as the doors droned open, and Yoongi shuffled out as fast as possible, leaving behind a bewildered Taehyung in his wake.

The two boys managed to get the twins to the car, and in the nick of time too. The moment Jungkook was shoved into the car, he passed out across the backseat.

"Aish, Jungkook, there's a time and place for everything." Taehyung put half his body in the car, making Jungkook sit (or rather, sleep) upright. He moved out of the car, to allow Yoongi to put Junghwa in. He carefully sat her down next to Jungkook, whose head immediately went on top of Junghwa's.

"Such kids." Taehyung snickered as he got into the front seat.
"Coming from the maknae." Yoongi rolled his eyes, getting into the driver's seat. Taehyung glared at him.
"You're only nine months elder than I am."
"Nine months is a lot, Taehyung." Yoongi snickered.
"Shut up. , you're always poking fun of my age! Make fun of something else, won't you?!" Taehyung burst out in mock-anger, speaking in his dialect.

"You really want me to go there, Tae?" Yoongi sniggered, replying in dialect as well.
"I hate you."
"No, you know you love me." Yoongi rolled his eyes as he pulled out of the alley, onto the main road.

As soon as they pulled out of the small street, Yoongi stepped on the gas; Taehyung let out an excited shout as they sped down the empty road, not caring two s about the traffic rules. Laughter ensued, and Yoongi would often shut Taehyung up for trying to get him to slow down; the roads were empty, anyway, they didn't have to worry about a ticket.

Soon, Taehyung and Yoongi jumped into an engaging conversation, talking about their middle-school days and their lives in Daegu. More laughter followed as they brought up the good memories, talking until there was nothing left to talk about. A calm silence seeped into the car, whilst the sound of the engine hummed through the car, only just audible.

"It's been a while since we talked about this." Taehyung smiled wistfully. "School, and Daegu... In fact, Yoongi... It's been a while since we've had a proper conversation."

"Yeah, I guess that's my fault." Yoongi sighed. He had too many bad memories associated with his childhood, not to mention he had been extremely introverted until this year. He was thankful to Taehyung for only talking about the good memories they shared together, and not bringing up anything else.

"How are they, Min?" Taehyung mumbled nervously. "Aunt, and Yoonmi..."
"They're managing, Taehyung." Yoongi said quietly. "Mom's working odd jobs to support me and my sister. Yoonmi works part-time in her friend's family restaurant. And then there's me... at the garage, duh."
"I feel sorry that you have to go through this."
"Don't. Please. I don't like to be reminded that my life's a mess. We just... live with what we have, I suppose." Yoongi shrugged. "Plus, it's not my fault I had a bastard of a father."

They were both surprised at the sudden comment, and Yoongi realised that he had talked more than he usually did. He shook his head once more, becoming unusually quiet.

"It's still unfair-"
"Zip it, Taehyung. I'm not complaining." Yoongi clicked his tongue angrily; another awkward silence ensued, with the exception of Jungkook's gentle snoring from the backseat. After a while, Taehyung's voice broke through the quietness in the car, as he glanced back at the sleeping siblings.

"Namjoon was right..." Taehyung chuckled. "She really does look cute when she sleeps."

Yoongi looked at Taehyung curiously, his irritation now disappearing as he glanced at the younger boy. Taehyung wasn't the guy to make remarks about other girls when he had been going after his beloved Minji for ages. He opened his mouth to question Taehyung's sudden interest in Junghwa, when he remembered how strangely the younger male had been behaving around them when she was with him, and remembered the suspicions he had had earlier that morning. But before he could question his actions, Taehyung opened his mouth to speak.

"Can I ask you something-?" Taehyung avoided Yoongi's eyes as he said the words.
"Yeah. Alright." Yoongi nodded as they approached a red light.

"Do you... like Junghwa?"

Yoongi looked at his best friend, and from the saddened look on his face, from the slight hope in his voice, it instantly hit him that Taehyung liked the girl more than his calm voice suggested. Following Taehyung's strange(r than usual) actions from their brief meeting during lunch, he wasn't surprised that this was the case.

"Well..." Yoongi began, deciding to fool around a bit. "Depends on what you mean by 'like' here."
"As in more than just a friend. Do you like her as a girl?"
"Would you let me have her if I did, Taehyung?"

Yoongi slowly smirked, causing the younger boy to blush furiously as he realised that he had caught on to what he was getting at. Taehyung looked down at his hands. Hesitantly, he shook his head.

"You have your answer then." Yoongi smirked, looking at the traffic light that had just turned green. He stepped on the pedal, driving the car as fast as he could.

"What made you like her though?" Yoongi asked, unable to hide his curiosity. "What about Minji?"
"I- I don't know- I just- I like Junghwa now, it's just-" Taehyung grinned goofily. "She's awesome. As in, a great personality. Optimistic when she wants to cheer us on. I think that's what attracts me to Junghwa so much."

Yoongi nodded slowly, but his mind was in a blur. In fact, it had been like that the moment Taehyung told him he liked Junghwa. He wanted to support his best friend all the way, but found himself unable to do that. Why did this perturb him so much? Is it because he couldn't understand Taehyung getting over Minji in the blink of an eye?

Or maybe it's because you like Junghwa.

Shut up! Dratted conscience, thinking it knows me better- Yoongi growled to the voice at the back of his head, clenching the steering wheel tightly as he accelerated the car.

Soon, they reached their apartment, and Taehyung let out a small groan, not at all looking forward to carrying Jungkook back home.

"Yah, Jungkookie, wake up." Taehyung began to slap his face gently, in an attempt to wake him up. Jungkook let out a hiss as he opened his eyes, before he smacked Taehyung's hand away. 

"I'm up." He slurred angrily. "I'm good. I'm done." 
"Of course you are." Yoongi sighed, yanking him out of the car. "Jesus, you reek of alcohol. How much did you down?"
"Does it matter, dumb?" Jungkook replied cockily. "I'm legal so you can't say to my drunken ."
"Wow, sassy much?" Yoongi rolled his eyes, pulling Jungkook away from the car before he could even think of throwing up on the suede interiors. He had a bad experience with Namjoon and Seokjin once; it was something he would rather forget. 

"Yah, yah!" Jungkook hissed under his breath. "Let Taetae bring Hwa home." 
"What?" Yoongi arched his eyebrows, speaking under his breath. "Why?"
"I'm playing a hunch. If my drunk noticed it, you've definitely seen it." Jungkook winked. "Just trust me on this one."

Yoongi looked at Jungkook, unable to believe that he was wasting his time listening to a drunk Jungkook reason something out. He was also unable to believe that he was this close to listening to him, either. 

"Fine." Yoongi's curiosity got the better of him, and he slowly nodded. "Oy, Tae, bring Hwa up! She's too heavy for me."
"Fine." Taehyung nodded, bending inside to pull Junghwa out. Taking her in his arms, he closed the door with his waist, letting out a quiet grunt as he did so. He walked over to Yoongi, who shrugged as he smirked at the pair.
"She really is heavy." Taehyung struggled to speak as the four teens hobbled into the elevator, and Yoongi gave him a I-told-you-so look as he smiled smugly.

The elevator (that was luckily working) crawled up to Jungkook and Yoongi's floor, and reached with a ding. Taehyung immediately jumped out of the elevator, avoiding the burning gazes that Yoongi and Jungkook cast his way.

Walking to Jungkook's apartment was just as awkward as the elevator ride, and it certainly did not help that it had taken Jungkook a good ten minutes to find his keys and unlock the door, much to the exasperation of the two sober males.

"This is why I asked you if I could unlock the door. But no! You want to be a stubborn little !" Yoongi grumbled as he opened the door, pushing Jungkook inside. Taehyung hobbled inside soon after, walking to Junghwa's room. Yoongi was curious as to what Taehyung would do, but he decided against it, letting out a resigned sigh as he leaned against one of the couches. Jungkook sat down on another couch, kicking his feet up on the coffee table.

After a while, Taehyung walked out of the room, firmly avoiding Yoongi's eyes as he rushed out the flat, before turning towards Yoongi.

"My cue to leave, then." He nodded at Jungkook, who got to his feet, walking to the door as Yoongi stepped outside.

"Good night." Jungkook grinned sheepishly. "See you tomorrow."
"Get some sleep, Jungkook." Yoongi grinned, and Jungkook nodded, before slamming the door on their faces.

"Rude." Taehyung muttered, and Yoongi scoffed, looking at the younger male incredulously.
"You haven't become drunk yet, I don't think you're in a position to be judging someone's alcohol tolerance." He shrugged as they walked to Yoongi's apartment.
"I'm pretty sure I won't be this bad." Taehyung shrugged. "Well, good night."
"We still meeting up Sunday?" Yoongi arched his eyebrows, and Taehyung bit his lip as his eyes widened, before he cursed under his breath.

"Let me guess." Yoongi crossed his arms across his chest. "Junghwa."
"Sorry..." Taehyng mumbled, looking away,
"Eh, it's alright." He shrugged. "Get home safe."
"Alright..." Taehyung nodded slowly, giving him an apologetic smile. "Sorry. And good night."
"Night." Yoongi smiled, and Taehyung grinned sheepishly as he ran down the staircase. Yoongi sighed again, before turning around, unlocking his door with trembling fingers. He walked inside, before closing the door. He let out a shaky sigh as he sunk to the floor against the wooden surface, his hand shooting up to his shuddering heart.

What was this feeling?


Saturday, 1st November 2014

Junghwa opened her eyes slowly, and looked around, her eyes blinking as they adjusted to the light coming in through the blinds of her window. She sat up, her head feeling heavier than usual, and she furrowed her brows together as she struggled to remember the previous night’s events.

Quite suddenly, Junghwa broke into a bout of coughs, and her mind went into a state of mild panic, as she feared that an asthma attack would ensue. Bringing her hand to , she coughed for a good thirty seconds, before letting out a struggled breath.

The hand she coughed into suddenly felt damp. As she looked at her palm, her eyes widened with shock. There was something red on it.

Her blood.

“Aish-” Her mind went into a state of panic, and she could feel her asthma intensify as her breathing became hoarse and more struggled. She quickly opened her drawer to bring out her inhaler, but as soon as she brought it to , she realised that it was empty.

“Crap-” She rushed to the bathroom, washing the blood off her hands before tying her hair up into a quick bun. As she tried to calm her breathing, she washed her face quickly, getting rid of all of last night’s make-up that remained on her face in patches. As she dried her face, she looked up at herself in the mirror, and saw the shocking difference her foundation made to her face. She was strongly reminded of the night of her birthday, when she looked into the mirror and saw her ghastly reflection. Right now, she looked more or less the same amount of messed up she did that day; black circles around her eyes, and her face looked paler than it had ever done.

“Oh, no-” She immediately opened her cupboard, and took out a box of medicines. She opened the box and slowly rummaged through it, before her hands went through the contents frantically, her eyes widening as she couldn’t find the medicine she was looking for.

!” She swore loudly, throwing the box of medicines aside. The contents fell across the bathroom floor, some of her medicine bottles popping open and capsules spilling everywhere.
“Okay, walk out, ignore everyone, get to the door, and get an inhaler and your meds.” She muttered to herself as she now staggered out of the bathroom. “Piece of cake.”
Grabbing a jacket from her cupboard, she slipped it on, pulling the hood on her head. She slowly opened the door, and stumbled out, her breathing becoming more ragged as she approached the living room.

“So, me and Tae brought you both here last night, and-”

Crap, Yoongi’s here too! Junghwa mentally hissed to herself. She stopped herself from walking into the living room, leaning against the doorway. Her breathing was more laboured and uneven, and she had black spots forming in front of her eyes – which was not good.

“Hang on, do you hear that?”

Oh no! Junghwa groaned inwardly as Yoongi appeared in front of her, his eyes blinking with surprise.

“Hwa-?” He mumbled. “You’re awake-”
“No , Sherlock.” Junghwa rolled her eyes, as she tried to walk past him. However, Yoongi noticed her struggle to move, and was sharp enough to realise that something was amiss.

“Junghwa, look at me.” He put his arm in front of her, blocking her path. Junghwa vigorously shook her head that she hung low so that they wouldn’t see her face.

“Junghwa, just look at me-”
“No, I won’t.“ She whispered. A flash of annoyance flickered in his eyes, as he clicked his tongue angrily.

“Aish, I don’t have time for this.” Yoongi immediately yanked the hood of her jacket back, and lifted her face.

“Hwa-?” He mumbled weakly, taken aback by her demented face. She looked away, just as Jungkook emerged from the kitchen. His eyes widened with shock – he certainly didn’t expect her appearance to deteriorate to how it was now.

“Hwa, are you okay-?”
"I'm fine." She snapped. Junghwa pressed aggressively, trying to push Yoongi out of her way, when her knees gave way and she collapsed to the floor.

"Junghwa?!" Jungkook shouted as Yoongi immediately caught a hold of her, kneeling down beside her. She shook violently, her eyes red and bulging as she desperately tried to grab on to anything she could.

"She's having a seizure-" Yoongi's eyes widened in shock. Junghwa was foaming at the mouth, which was never good news, in his experience with fits. Yoongi looked at Jungkook again.

"Jungkook, does she usually have fits-"
"No. I'm calling an ambulance right now-" Jungkook dashed back into the kitchen. Yoongi went back to trying to stop the seizure, but there was nothing he could do but wait for the ambulance.

"." He hissed as he held her hand. Her skin was deathly pale and very cold, and her lips were showing a tinge of blue. All signs that foreshadowed anything but good.

"Junghwa- Junghwa?!"

He stared at her in shock as she suddenly went still. Yoongi quickly held his fingers to her neck, and his heart dropped in his chest as his eyes widened.

"Jungkook, hurry!"

Yoongi yelled as he brought his palms together, pressing them down on her chest. After doing CPR five times, he blew oxygen into . Inhaling again, he pressed down against her chest, trying to bring her heart back to life.

"Goddamn it!" He panted as the effort was proving to be futile. His hands were tiring, his lungs not able to work efficiently. He was beginning to feel slightly dizzy, and his shoulder was starting to pain excruciatingly, but he held himself together as he attempted rescue breathing yet again.

“No, , Hwa, wake up-”

Yoongi’s eyes widened in panic and fear, as Junghwa’s lifeless body refused to respond to CPR. This was not happening, this couldn’t be happening…

"Christ- Wake the up!" He shouted as he punched her chest in frustration.

Junghwa's eyes flew open as she inhaled sharply. Yoongi almost hugged her in happiness, as she spluttered out heavy breaths, her chest heaving up and down.

"Oh, -" She gasped, unable to speak. Her vision was blurred by white and peachy blotches, and she could only just make out Yoongi's outline in front of her.

"Sh, you're okay-" He held her close, cradling her upper body in his arms. She took in another sharp breath, shivering against his chest.

"Y-Yoongi- I- I’m sorry, I ed up again-"
"Shut up." He growled, making her lie down again.
“I’m a wreck, I can’t even function without them-”
“Be quiet, and relax.” Yoongi said quietly. "Just breathe as normally as you can, the ambulance is going to come in a bit-"
"N-No!" She shouted, and instantly found herself unable to breathe again.

"Jungkook!" Yoongi yelled angrily. Jungkook, who had just appeared through the front door, was followed by a man in casual attire.

"Dr. Jang!" Yoongi gasped at their neighbour, who had just knelt down beside him.
“What happened, Yoongi?” The doctor looked at the shivering girl in the younger male’s arms, and back at him.
"Junghwa, she just collapsed and had a seizure-"

The doctor opened his first aid kit, and quickly looked at Junghwa again.

"This looks like a strong overdose from some kind of drug. And it seems like she's slightly asthmatic too-" He said gravely. "Tell me if you take any drugs."

Junghwa violently shook her head, trying to control her seizures by herself, which was no easy task..

"Don't lie, Hwa, what is it?!" Jungkook snapped.
"Don't yell at her!" Yoongi snapped back. "Junghwa, if you want us to help you, tell us what you've taken before this. Please, Hwa-"
"X-X-Xanax-" She shivered, closing her eyes. The doctor nodded, taking out medication from his bag.

"This is my last pack. I can subside the intensity of the attack, but the hospital has to take care of the rest." Dr. Jang made Junghwa open and slipped the tablet inside. Almost immediately, the asthma subsided, and so did the seizures. Yoongi let out a relieved sigh, collapsing against the wall.

"Why does she take Xanax?" The doctor asked worriedly. Jungkook shook his head, rubbing his throbbing temples with his hand.

"She used to take them after our mother died, but-” He murmured, letting out a shaky sigh. “She stopped using Xanax before she got here."
"Hey, don't worry." Yoongi shook his head. "Let’s just get her to the hospital first.”

I'm sorry about where this chapter is going, but it was coming. Sorry... It'll make sense in the next chapter, I hope. Sorry for the shock, don't hate me! T.T