Chapter 9.

Ephemeral

Oh my days, this song is amazing :'D It would be a perfect song to listen to while gaming ehehe :3 Yes, I'm a girl, I listen to EDM and I like gaming xD Anyway here's 'Forbidden Voices' by Martin Garrix, hope you like it as much as I did :') I might share some hip hop with you in the near future, so look forward to that? XD


Chapter 9

            “How much longer are we gonna keep walking, Yoongi? It’s cold~”

Junghwa pouted as they walked along the deserted streets of Seoul, looking for a place to eat samgyeopsal. Yoongi looked at her, and chuckled.
“It’s colder in America.” He shrugged.
“I’ve never been out when it’s this cold.” She shivered. “Sorry.”
“You want my jacket?” He asked.
“Shut up, Yoongi. You ain’t getting a cold because of me.” She muttered.
“Suit yourself.”

The pair walked down the deserted road for a while more, when they saw a few youngsters talking to each other animatedly. Junghwa could tell, from the way they slurred their words, that they were incredibly drunk.

One of the boys of the group had noticed Junghwa and Yoongi, and nudged the others, motioning towards the pair.

Junghwa’s mind immediately went into a state of panic. She didn’t exactly hang out with her friends back in America this late, to come across a bunch of drunkards. Her heart began to thud against her rib cage violently. She was strong, having a black belt in karate. However, she wasn’t sure if she could fight them at all…

Yoongi glanced at her, seeing the colour drain from her face. Her face was pale and it was obvious that she was panicking.

“Here, take my hand.” Yoongi whispered. Junghwa immediately complied, slipping her hand into Yoongi’s. He immediately walked forward, gently tugging a hesitant Junghwa behind him.

“Hey, who’s your girlfriend?” One of the taller boys stopped Yoongi in his tracks, smirking deviously.
“You touch her and I will tear you apart from limb to limb.” Yoongi snarled. Some of them jumped back, seeing the fierceness in his eyes. Even Junghwa did a double take, seeing Yoongi’s evident anger all over his face. Suddenly, he didn’t seem like the shy and innocent neighbour anymore.

The tall boy’s smile faltered, but held his ground.

“Hey, come on. Didn’t your mother teach you to share?”
“Yeah, she did. But she also taught me how to deal with s like you.”

To everyone’s shock, Yoongi drew a knife from his pocket, and held it at the tall boy’s neck.

“ off.” Yoongi glowered, edging the knife closer to his throat. The boys immediately made a break for it.

“They’re always hanging ‘round, causing trouble.” He muttered. “Good thing I brought this-Oy, Junghwa, you okay-?”

Yoongi looked at her worriedly, as she held on to him for support.

“That was so scary-“ She whispered, the fear obvious in the way she spoke. Why was she so frightened? Was it because this was the first time she had ever experienced such a thing? Seeing it in movies and experiencing it was really different. Her legs refused to stop shaking.

“Don’t worry. You’re okay. Okay? You’re okay.” He immediately held her face in his hands, making her look at him.

“You’re okay.” He said again, smiling a bit. “Now smile a bit. Those s won’t ever bother you, I won’t let them. So smile. Please?”

He was talking more than he ever thought he would, but he really didn’t care. He just had to make Junghwa smile again. And he sighed in relief, as she gave him a small smile.

“Alright.” He nodded. “Come on, let’s go. We’re right here.”

Yoongi led her inside the meat house.

“Ah, Yoongi-yah! Shouldn’t you be sleeping?”

An elderly woman walked up to them, shaking her head disapprovingly.

“Sorry, eomoni~” Yoongi bowed. “Ah, eomoni, can’t you do something about those idiots outside?”
“Sorry, I’ll ask Hanbyul to deal with them tomorrow.” The elderly woman smiled apologetically. “Oh, who’s this, Yoongi? She’s cute!”
“This is Junghwa. Junghwa, this is Jang Yura, but we all just call her eomoni.”
“Hello-“ Junghwa bowed and smiled shakily.
“Those idiots scared her.” Yoongi smiled sadly.
“Aw, you poor thing! Come here, I have just the thing for you!” Mrs. Jang smiled kindly. “Sit down, kids!”

The two sat down at a round table, and placed an order for samgyeopsal.

“Sorry about them.” Yoongi apologized. “They’re always causing problems around here.”
“Nah, it’s okay.” Junghwa smiled lightly. “But thanks.”
“For?”
“For saving me, duh.” She chuckled. “Imagine if you weren’t there.”
“Well…” Yoongi smiled embarrasedly, just as the older woman brought the meat to their table.
“Dig in, kids! It’s on the house!”
“You’re amazing, eomoni, really-“ Yoongi bowed his head gratefully.
“Whoa, it’s so good!” Junghwa smiled ecstatically, savouring the taste of the pork.
“And it’s 3 AM!” Yoongi winked.
“Now we can cross that off of our list too.” She smiled.

            “I swear, these two-“ Jungkook gritted his teeth as Junghwa walked back into the house. “Junghwa!”
“Yes?” Junghwa replied coolly. Jungkook opened his mouth to yell at her, but decided against it. He let out a resigned sigh.
“Nothing. You’re safe. That’s what matters.” He mumbled.
“Where did you go?” Jimin muttered sleepily. “We were so worried!”
“Sorry! I went to get samgyeopsal with Yoongi.” Junghwa grinned, holding up a bag. “I brought some for you both as well.”
“Yay!” Jimin jumped to his feet. “Where is Yoongi anyway?”
“Hiding outside the apartment.” Jungkook opened the door and pulled a surprised Yoongi inside. “What’s this supposed to be, subtly making moves on my sister?”
“What the ?” Yoongi glared at him. “You really want to die, don’t you?”
“What are you trying to do, anyway?” Jungkook scoffed.
“Come on, it’s not like I have a thing for your sister!” Yoongi clicked his tongue in annoyance. “And plus, you really shouldn’t have a problem if I did, either.”
“Yah! What the are you saying?”
“Hey, you little punk, remember when you took my sister out on a date when we were fifteen?” Yoongi snarled. Jungkook turned pink with embarrassment, as he stammered for a comeback.
“Jungkook, you deserved that.” Junghwa smirked
“Yoongi, you talk an awful lot when Junghwa’s around.” Jimin smirked. Yoongi glared at him as his cheeks turned red.
“Yeah, I wonder why?” Jungkook snorted, and the both of them burst into laughter as Yoongi flung his beanie at them but missed.
“Chill, just let them be.” Junghwa patted his head. Yoongi exhaled heavily, shaking his head with disbelief.
“No sighing.” Junghwa smirked, playfully punched his arm.
“Hey! Don’t use my lines against me!” Yoongi pouted.


“Junghwaaa~”

“Oh, May!” Junghwa gasped as the blonde-haired girl jumped on her, pulling her into a hug.
“I missed you!”
“I missed you too! You idiot! Where were you?!” Junghwa pouted. “You were gone for two whole weeks!”
“My residence permit expired. I had to renew it.” May smiled sheepishly.
“Aish, you should be more responsible about things like this.” Junghwa reprimanded her.
“Sorry.” May stuck her tongue out. “Gee, I don’t know how much I’ve missed out on these past few days.”
“Not much, I should think. We didn’t do much in class. Maybe everyone’s just settling in and stuff.” Junghwa grinned. “It’s already the last week of September! Time flies, huh?”
“Ah, you said it.” May winked.

“Yah.” Someone ruffled Junghwa’s hair. She glared back at the taller figure.

“What is it?” She arched her eyebrows. Yoongi blinked, before smirking slowly.
“We have English. Let’s go.” He smiled at May apologetically. “Sorry, May. I’m going to steal Junghwa for a while.”
“That’s okay.” May giggled.
“Good to see you again.” He nodded.
“You too, Yoongi.” She chuckled. Yoongi nodded, and pushed Junghwa in front of him.
“Don’t push me!” She snapped. “Geez, you treat me like a guy sometimes!”

May chuckled as she watched the both of them argue their way to class.

They look cute! Or is it just me?

Just then, someone tapped her on her shoulder, interrupting her thoughts.

“Oh, May, you’re back!” Taehyung grinned. “Where were you?”
“I was in America.” She shrugged. “My residence permit sorta expired-“
“Well, you’re back! That’s all that matters.” He smiled at his classmate.
“Hey, do you know my schedule?” She asked tentatively. “I lost mine…”
“No… ask Jungkook, he has the same schedule as you, I think.” Taehyung smiled apologetically. “Here he comes! I’ll catch you later!”

Taehyung grinned again and rushed down the hallway. May turned around and saw Jungkook walking down the hallway with another one of his friends – His name was Park Jimin or something-

Jungkook looked up and saw her looking at him. May immediately looked at the notice board, avoiding his gaze as she turned pink.

“Hey, you go on ahead.” Jungkook grinned at Jimin, and walked over to her.

“May.” He smiled. “Where were you all these days?”
“Long story.” She smiled.
“Ah, a lotta people asked you the same thing, huh?” Jungkook smiled apologetically. “Well, I suppose I'll find out soon enough! But for now, let’s head on over to class, shall we?”

Jungkook flashed her a (which was, in May's opinion) a breathtaking smile, making her heart flutter for a moment. Looking at him shyly, she nodded.

“Yeah, alright.”


             “Where you going?”

Yoongi arched his eyebrows as Junghwa grabbed another bag from her locker. She looked at him and smiled.

“Track. We have extra practice today.” She chuckled. Yoongi shrugged, taking his sports bag from his locker.
“Can I come watch?” He asked hopefully.
“I don’t mind.” She laughed. “But what’s your extra bag for?”
“Oh, this- uh, it’s nothing-“

Yoongi turned pink. Junghwa laughed, seeing him so worked up over a bag.

“What’s it for?” She pressed. He sighed in defeat, and looked at the floor.
“Basketball try-outs at stadium 1…” He murmured.
“You play basketball?!”
“Aish, don’t look at me like that!” He ducked his head with embarrassment. She laughed again, ruffling his hair.
“Do you?”
“Yeah.” He shrugged, fixing his hair again. “I play. Thought I’d try out, but I guess that’s not happening.”

Yoongi shook his head adamantly. Junghwa pouted disapprovingly.

“Aish, Yoongi! Be a bit braver, will you?” She pretended to wail. “Such a kid!”
“Says the one throwing a tantrum.”
“I DO NOT THROW TANTRUMS!” She yelled.
“You’re on the road to throwing one pretty soon.”
“ you.” She grumbled.
“Kid.”
“Am not!”
“You are such a kid.” He scoffed.
“Shut up.” She muttered angrily, as they walked out towards the field.

“Ah, Junghwa!” Yongguk, the team captain, grinned at them as they walked towards him. “Oh, Min Yoongi, right?”
“Yep…” Yoongi nodded.
“Are you here to try out, Yoongi?” Yongguk smirked. Yoongi rolled his eyes, shaking his head.
“I can run but I ain’t that fast. Besides, I only came to have a look.” He shrugged.
“Glad to see you’re interested. Unfortunately~” Yongguk looked at Junghwa. “Practice is cancelled. Half of these idiots have a test in class tomorrow.”
“.” Junghwa winced. “Great, now I’ve got nothing better to do. Couldn’t you have told me sooner, Yongguk?!”
“OW! Geez, I’m sorry, Junghwa.” Yongguk winced as she smacked his head angrily. “I’ll let you know in advance the next time.”
“You’d better.” She rolled her eyes.
“Yeah, yeah. Now go home and get some math in that brain of yours.”

As Yongguk jogged back to the water coolers, she let out a heavy sigh.

“Great, now what?”
“Let’s kill time.” Yoongi stuck his tongue out.
“Oh, I know how.” Junghwa looked at Yoongi, a smirk plastered across her face.
“Oh, no.” Yoongi shook his head, catching on. “NO WAY.”
“Let’s go, Yoongi!”

Junghwa grabbed his hand, and, ignoring his protests, dragged him back inside the school building towards Stadium 1.


So Yoongi's going to play basketball #sabouttogodown
And yeah... Sorry if you find everything overdramatic but it's just how I am, I suppose. I hope you're liking it so far, folks, 17 subscribers must mean something good ^_^ anyway do let me know how you're finding this stories in the comments below :3

As always, I hope you've enjoyed this new chapter <3 P.S I've stopped naming the chapters because... idk. But yeah :3 Sorry if it's too short, the chapters will be longer, I swear.

- Haru. (P.S. Goddamn you Min Yoongi, you're going to be the death of me...)