Chapter 8.

Ephemeral

Here's another song for you folks! This is dubstep mixed with a bit of chill, and it's a song remixed by someone I know. Have a listen and hope you like it^^


Chapter 8

“I can’t believe you came up with this!”

Junghwa retched as she took a bite of the mayo filled doughnuts. Yoongi took the doughnut from her hand, and took a bite off of it.
“!” He spat it out in a tissue. 
“See?” She snorted.
“Perfect.” He smirked evilly as he pulled up the car back into the parking lot. “Hide the ones we didn’t tamper with.”
“We’ll hide them at your place.”


The pair walked back into Jungkook’s apartment, stifling their laughter as they saw Namjoon. He arched his eyebrows at the pair suspiciously.

“What’s so funny?” He arched his eyebrows.
“Telling her all your deadly secrets.” Yoongi winked. “Only kidding, Namjoon, here.”
“Oh, these smell awesome! Custard! My favourite!” Namjoon snatched the carry bag and grinned. “Everyone, the doughnuts are here!”

Almost immediately, everyone streamed out of Jungkook’s room, their eyes lit with excitement.

“Whoa, Krispy Kreme! I love their doughnuts!” Jungkook smacked his lips as he opened the box.
“I never had these before-“
“They’re really good, I heard-“
“Krispy Kreme is the best, I prefer it over Dunkin’ Donuts-“

Yoongi let out a struggled snigger, and Junghwa had to kick Yoongi’s shin to make him stop laughing, as the six boys bit into the doughnuts.

“This tastes weird…” Seokjin mumbled, his face forming a frown.
“I thought Krispy Kreme was supposed to be good-“Taehyung arched his eyebrows as he bit into it again.
“EW!” Jimin retched. “This gets worse as you get closer to the centre!”
“I thought these were supposed to be good!”
“This isn’t custard!” Namjoon made a face of disgust.
“S!” Jungkook roared. “They filled it with mayonnaise!”

Junghwa and Yoongi burst into laughter as the six boys ran all over the place, looking for means to get rid of the horrible taste.

“Junghwa!” Jungkook lunged at her.
“Yoongi, save me!” Junghwa hid behind his tall figure. Yoongi promptly restrained Jungkook with his strong arms.
“You guys are too much!” Seokjin whined. “You’re evil!”

Yoongi and Junghwa simply laughed as they exchanged high fives.

“Don’t worry, we brought extra doughnuts for you. And I have some brownies from last night I was saving for you folks.” Junghwa smiled graciously.
“Well, as long as you haven’t put shaving cream in them…” Hoseok muttered, before everyone burst into laughter at the same time.


As the seven boys and Junghwa watched the movie on TV, Namjoon let out a small yawn.

“Hey, let's go get some ramen, yeah?" He sat up. "It’s already 10 PM, plus, I have to get rid of the freaking taste of mayo..."
"No!" Taehyung shook his head, burying his face into Junghwa's shoulder. "Don't wanna!"
"Get off! You all should get some air." Junghwa smacked Taehyung's head lightly.
"What about you?" Hoseok arched his eyebrows.
"I'm not in the mood to get out..." Junghwa sighed.
"Let's bring ramen back here then!" Jimin grinned. "Takeaway, if it's possible."
"I know a Japanese joint down the road." Jungkook stood up. "Let's go."
"Get up, lazy." Seokjin pulled Yoongi to his feet. Soon, everyone had worn their jackets, except for Taehyung and Junghwa.

"What?! You really want to leave her alone at 10 PM?" He pouted.
"Point duly noted." Namjoon sighed. "Taehyung, keep your hands to yourself."
"The same goes for you." Jungkook wiggled his eyes at Junghwa, who glinted at him.

The six boys then made their way out of the flat, leaving Taehyung and Junghwa behind.

"Ah, they'll take a while. I'm gonna go up for a smoke. Coming?" Taehyung asked Junghwa.
"Nah, I'm gonna stay here, hold the fort." Junghwa smiled. Taehyung shrugged and walked out of the flat. Junghwa sighed, looking down at her feet. She walked up to her bedroom, and sat down on her bed, sighing heavily. She looked to her left, and her eyes fell on the bedside table. On it was a picture of her and her mother, placed in a brown frame. She slowly took it in her hands, looking at it sadly.
"Why would you leave me, mom?" She whispered, tears welling up in her eyes. "WHY WOULD YOU?!"

In a fit of anger, Junghwa grabbed the photo frame and violently flung it across the room. It smashed against the wall, glass pieces flying across the floor.

"Oh, no, no, no, no..." Junghwa, shocked at what she had done, rushed over to the smashed frame, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"-" She gasped as the glass pieces cut her fingers and pierced into her knees. "No, this is all my fault, it's all-!"

She looked down at her lap, breaking down into a fit of tears.

"Junghwa?!"

Junghwa held her hand to , sobbing heavily as she heard Taehyung's footsteps come closer.

"Junghwa-"
"It's all my fault, Tae..." Junghwa sniffled as he knelt down beside her. "Maybe, just maybe, if I hadn't-"
"Ssh, it’s okay. Nothing’s your fault." Taehyung said softly as she broke down again.
“Leave me, I’ll be fine.”
“I don’t think so.” Taehyung hesitantly put his hand on her back, patting it in an act of reassurance.
“I’m sorry, Taehyung.” She gasped, clenching her fists tightly. She was angry – angry that she lost her temper at something that couldn’t be undone. Angry that she was weak and angry that she showed him her weak side.
“Hey, I know it's not easy. Don't say another word. Come here."

He instinctively pulled her into a tight hug. Junghwa leaned against his chest, trying to breathe normally.

“I’m sorry, Tae-“
"It's okay..." Taehyung whispered, wiping her tears. "Just let it all out. You'll feel much better."

As Junghwa calmed down, she looked up at him nervously. 

"Don't tell the others about this..." She mumbled as she wiped her eyes. Taehyung nodded, smiling gently.
"Ooh, , you're bleeding. Let's get you fixed up."


"What just happened?" Jungkook asked, arching his eyebrows as he walked into the kitchen and found Taehyung putting Band-Aids on his sister's knee.

"My photo frame fell down and broke." Junghwa smiled sheepishly.
"This idiot cut herself trying to pick them up." Taehyung scoffed as he hit her head with his knuckle.
"OW! Don't do that!" Junghwa pinched his nose. "Idiot!"
“Don’t pinch my nose!” Taehyung roared, tickling her furiously.
“Fun!” Jimin rushed over to them, and began tickling her. Junghwa laughed uncontrollably, tears flowing down her cheeks as she begged them to stop.
“Yah!” Jungkook shouted. “Get your hands off my sister!”
“It’s not like we’re doing anything bad!” Taehyung pouted, hugging her tightly.
“Ah, get away, you idiots.” Junghwa ruffled his hair. “Come on, let’s eat! I’m starving!”


Junghwa scrolled through her WhatsApp messages, looking for someone to talk to, when her phone dinged with a message. Scrolling back to the top, she saw that it was from Yoongi.

Yoongi: hey you alright?
Junghwa: yeah, I am o.O
Yoongi: didn't seem like it when we got back with ramen
Junghwa: lol what the
Yoongi: don't what the me, you were crying weren't you
Junghwa: maybe I was, what's it to you
Yoongi: wanna talk about it
Junghwa: ...yeah :/
Yoongi: come over then, I'm still awake
Junghwa: oh no I didn't know that at all -_-
Yoongi: oh god just come -.-'

Junghwa slowly sat up, and swung her legs over the bed to climb off, and walked out of the apartment quietly, so as not to wake up Jungkook and Jimin, who was sleeping over.

She closed the door behind her and jogged over to his apartment. She looked at the door, and took a deep breath to hold in her emotions, which were already all over the place. Hesitantly, she knocked at the door of Yoongi’s apartment. Almost immediately, the door opened. Yoongi looked down at her, his eyes filled with worry.

"What happened?"

Yoongi asked quietly as Junghwa walked into the apartment. She stood by the sofa, her back facing him.

"Today, after you guys left..." Junghwa gripped the armrest of the sofa tightly. Yoongi walked over to her, standing on her left. "Taehyung went up for a smoke, and I was in my room... I don't know what came over me... I just chucked the photo frame of my mother against the wall-"
"So this-" Yoongi pointed at the scratches on her fingers and knees. She slowly nodded.
"Have you ever felt that angry at life, Yoongi?" She mumbled. He shrugged.
"Everyone has." He said quietly, gripping his right arm tightly. "I've been... physically violent."

She looked at him quietly, waiting for him to continue.

"Towards... other people. Middle school." He let out a shaky breath. "After... that day."

The accident.

Junghwa put her hand on his right shoulder, as a sign of reassurance. Yoongi immediately flinched, yanking his hand away. Junghwa looked at him in confusion... and hurt.

"Sorry-" He mumbled. "I'm... not very comfortable with physical contact."
"Why didn't you tell me then?" She asked silently. "All these days, and you didn't say a word."
"You'd get the wrong idea." He whispered. "Like now."

She looked away. He was right. She probably thought that he somehow felt repulsed by her when she did that.

"Sorry- I-" She muttered. There was an awkward silence for a while, after which Yoongi took her hand in his.
"It's okay..." He looked away. "I don't mind if- it’s you."

Junghwa looked at him, surprised. Even Yoongi seemed surprised with his bold move, for he had turned pink immediately.

"If you ever need- like, someone to, I don’t know-“
Yoongi flustered, before nodding again. “I’m here for you.”

Junghwa smiled at him gratefully, wrapping her arms around his waist. Yoongi stiffened, and immediately turned beet red.

"Thanks." She smiled. Yoongi slowly smiled, feeling himself relax, and pinched her cheeks, to which she pouted.
"Jungho oppa does that to me." She let go of him. "My older brother."
"I see…”
"I can't see you as a brother though." She smirked. "You're more like a... chic ahjumma?"
"What?" He laughed disbelievingly. "Chic ahjumma? Jungkook said the same thing."
"I must say, you do have that aura." She guffawed, flopping down on the sofa.
"You know," He sat down next to her. "My hair used to be a bit curly last year. So I used to wear this bandana, and I was called ahjumma Min for a whole week."
"Because you looked like an ahjumma?"
"I looked like Namjoon's mother, apparently. She dresses up with a very modern style, and it reminds them of how I dressed up." Yoongi shook his head. "And, and- am I talking too much? ."

Yoongi turned pink again. Junghwa laughed, and ruffled his hair.

"You keep this up and you'll end up speaking faster than me!" She laughed. Yoongi smiled at her sheepishly, scratching his head awkwardly as he slowly turned red.

"You wanna go get samgyeopsal?" He suddenly stood up. She looked at him as if he was insane.
"It's 2 AM..." She muttered.
"Never stopped me before." He shrugged, grabbing a black jacket from a chair nearby. "Plus, isn't that on our list? Eat food at 3 AM?"
She let out a small laugh, and grinned.
"I suppose it is on our list." She shrugged.
"Hey, here, take this, it's chillier at night."

Yoongi held out a grey hooded jacket towards her. Junghwa took the grey jacket from his hands, and slipped it on. It felt soft, and comforting against her skin.

"What happens if Jungkook calls?" She asked silently, as they stepped out of the flat.

"We tell him we're having samgyeopsal." Yoongi shrugged. “Let’s go.”


Here's chapter 8! Hope you like it! My babies are crazy, eating samgyeopsal at 3 AM XD 
Well, that aside, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! I'm sorry I took my time to update but I've been up to my neck with work for college applications and school work, it's just so much and you know, I can't concentrate on so many things together ugh >.>

But let me know how you're finding this fic! Comments are welcome and deeply appreciated, so thanks again! <3

- Haru (P.S a scared Yoongi for you, wtf is Namjoon doing xD)


 Assumingly retarded things Jeon Junghwa will do to forget (not necessarily in the same order):
Mentor: Min Yoongi :D

  1. Randomly hug any person you meet.
  2. Get superbly drunk with someone when you’re eighteen (?)
  3. Cover someone’s car in post-it notes.
  4. Jump into a pool fully clothed.
  5. Eat samgyeopsal at 3AM.
  6. Replace cream in doughnuts with mayonnaise.
  7. Replace cream in an Oreo biscuit with toothpaste.
  8. Hide in a cupboard in an Ikea store and yell ‘FOR NARNIA’ before making a run for it.
  9. Baking soda + ketchup = explosion!
  10. Onions dipped in caramel – Apples dipped in caramel prank
  11. Help anyone who needs it.
  12. Scare the out of Hoseok and Jimin (ghost in elevator prank?)
  13. Place a dummy in Jungkook's bed :3
  14. Scare Seokjin with a Sadako cosplay
  15. "Kidnap" Taehyung on his birthday
  16. Fill Namjoon's room with filled water cups.