Chapter 16.

Ephemeral

You guys owe HeadToToesLove for this update! I honestly wasn't planning on updating today but her story 너 지금 위험해 || You're In Danger Right Now got my feels in a twist, and I don't even know why ^.^ it's is an OC X Hoseok/J-Hope story. It's amazing, and it's coming to an end soon, so you should really give it a look before she updates the last chapter:)
She's also got an exciting new Jimin story coming up, and I had the honour of making a trailer for it too c: I won't spoil it, but anticipate it dearly! #endlesslypromotingheramazingstories #readtherestofherstoriesaswell #kaishaforthewin

Here's another song for you folks c: I wanted to go with something upbeat but at the same time with a sad vibe to it, because that's essentially what this chapter is like. Anyway, here is the Club Killer's remix of Calvin Harris' 'Summer'; trust me, it is much better than the original <3


Yoongi sat up as the doorbell rang, and he groaned as his head ached slightly. He couldn’t deny that he was annoyed at his sleep being interrupted. And it was a really bad idea to sleep on the cold, hard floor without a pillow to support his head.

He was in the room again. The tribute room. As he sat up and looked around at the pictures, he was overcome with an avalanche of memories. His heart ached as a sudden sadness, the same he felt in the classroom earlier that afternoon, swelled up in him again.

The doorbell rang again, five times in a row. Yoongi sighed; he knew of only one person that wouldn't leave and keep ringing the doorbell if they knew that he was at home, and that was none other than Jung Hoseok.

He jumped up and rushed out of the room, before he could allow the melancholy to surge through him again. Grabbing a sweatshirt that was lying on the sofa, he covered his bare torso as he trudged to the front door.

“Yoongi-yah!”

The minute the door was opened, Hoseok immediately tackled the boy, ruffling his hair affectionately as he pulled him into a tight hug. Yoongi clicked his tongue in annoyance, as he winced in Hoseok’s grip.

“Hobie, ing- let- go!” He pushed him aside. “Jesus... why are you all here?”

He looked at his friends as an irritated look spread across his face. The boys ignored his annoyed expression before making to enter the flat. 

“Cause we’re here to cheer you up!” Taehyung grinned. “And make you feel better about yourself.”
“Guys, I’m fine.” Yoongi grumbled as he tried to push them out. “Go away, hang out at Jungkook’s place or something.”
“No, we came here for you, ‘cause we heard you had a bad day.” Seokjin pushed his way inside. “Now get inside and you better be grateful for having such amazing friends.”
“Thank you, Lord Jesus.” Yoongi said sarcastically as everyone walked inside, chatting amiably. “I’m fine! Now leave!”
“I haven’t been here in a while.” Jungkook grinned. “It’s still as messy as ever.”
“Of course.” Taehyung sniggered as he took the snacks to the kitchen.
“Guys, come on.” Yoongi grumbled. “You know I hate it when you come over uninvited!”
“You don’t mind if it’s Junghwa.” Jimin shot back, giving him an incredulous look. Yoongi stammered for words, his cheeks immediately turning pink as he struggled to find the right words to say.

“Gotcha.” Hoseok laughed, putting his arm around Yoongi’s shoulders. “As tomorrow’s your first match, we’re commencing ‘Operation: Make Minswag smile’, so you better be grateful for us making you happy.”
“Wow, even the name makes me want to barf.” Yoongi rolled his eyes.
“Your snarkiness will take you places, Yoongi- Oh, what’s this?”

Yoongi glanced to where Jungkook’s voice was, and went still at seeing him walk into that room.

, I forgot to lock the door!

“This room’s finally unlocked?” Jimin walked behind Jungkook, a surprised look on his face.

What do I do, I can’t even move! Move, Yoongi, move!

Yoongi went rigid, as the room he’d strived to keep a secret from his friends, was finally discovered. Hoseok felt Yoongi tense up, and looked at him worriedly.

“Yoongi-?” He asked quietly, as everyone else slowly walked into the room.
“…” Yoongi hissed under his breath as Taehyung walked inside.

“Yah, Namjoon!” Taehyung called out. “Yoonjae hyung’s pictures are here! So are Risae’s, and Eunji, and Taeji, and Gayeon-”

Namjoon walked into the room, looking around in shock, as the number of photographs overwhelmed him. He looked back at Yoongi, who was looking around expressionlessly.

“Yoongi…” Namjoon asked quietly. “Why are these pictures all over the walls?”
“This room…” Yoongi began hesitantly, looking at all the pictures in the room before meeting their eyes again. “It’s kinda like a… memory room.”
“A memory room?” Hoseok arched his eyebrows.
“A-A-All the people in this room, on these photographs… died in the car crash- when I was in middle school.” Yoongi stammered. “A-A memory room, tribute room- whatever you wanna call it-”

“Yoongi-” Seokjin began.
“I’m sorry, it’s just so hard for me to speak about this…” Yoongi whispered, leaning against the doorway as he avoided everyone’s gaze. “Just- it is what it is, I suppose.”

Everyone looked at him silently. They were overcome with feelings of pity and sadness for him, as they realised that their best friend had been holding onto his guilt and misery for the last three years.

They all thought that he was slowly moving on, after seeing him smile again, after seeing him open up and mingle with other people again – but never had they imagined that he would be in so much pain from the accident.

They thought it was okay. That he was okay.

But he wasn’t.

Yoongi never moved on.

He had been holding on to this painful feeling for the past three years and never once had they thought that he still might be miserable about it.

Hoseok immediately pulled Yoongi into a tight embrace, surprising the auburn-haired boy.

“Hobie, what the-?!” Yoongi squirmed in his hold, but Hoseok shook his head, hugging him even tighter.

“You’re an idiot!” Hoseok snapped. “Three years of knowing us, and you didn’t even think of talking about your problems with us?! .”
“Hoseok, let go.” Yoongi said quietly.
“No. I’m not letting go. Because making us ‘let go’ is what got you into this. I’m never letting go, Yoongi. I’m your best friend. And I’m sure as bloody hell going to get you through this.”
“Hoseok, stop-” Yoongi closed his eyes tightly, feeling his strong front betray him.
“I won’t stop. I’m going to fix what I should’ve done three years ago.” Hoseok said firmly. “I’m going to hold on, and bloody make you move on again, so, no Yoongi, I am not ing letting go!”

It was too much for Yoongi to bear, the sudden affection, the sudden reality that he had been friends with them for three years and never once had he considered that they would be there for him, that they would be there to listen. He began to shake in Hoseok’s embrace, and the feelings he experienced that afternoon, were coming back to him again. And no matter how hard he tried to suppress them, they just kept persevering, threatening to show themselves.

“Remember what you said to Hwa the day Dad died, Yoongi?” Jungkook spoke quietly. “You know why some people build up walls? To see who cares enough to break them down.”

“-” Yoongi’s head fell onto Hoseok’s shoulder as he stopped trying to hold it in.

And finally, in front of his six friends for the first time, Min Yoongi broke. He shook uncontrollably, his sobs audible as they echoed around the room. His hands shot up to Hoseok's arms, and he grabbed onto the sleeves of his shirt to support his shaking self. Yoongi took deep and irregular gasps of breath amidst his sobs; the sight was very heart-wrenching for the six boys who had never seen him cry before.

Hoseok patted his back gently, tears shooting up to his eyes as well, upon seeing Yoongi cry.

"We're always here, Yoongi-" Hoseok's voice cracked as he spoke. "And don't you ing forget that."

Hoseok wasn’t the only one who was on the verge of crying. It was an emotional moment for all of them, for Yoongi allowing himself to seem so vulnerable in front of them, it was as if he’d finally accepted them, and allowed them into his darkness to be his light. They had all seen each other emotionally vulnerable before, except for him.

But now, they saw his weakness, and immediately wanted to protect him, like they protected each other these past three years.

Jungkook forcefully wiped away his tears, while Taehyung didn’t bother holding them back.

“You’re an idiot, Min Yoongi!” Taehyung sniffled, before jumping onto the two. Almost immediately, everyone, overcome by emotion, surrounded Hoseok, Taehyung and Yoongi, engulfing them into a group hug as they murmured reassuring words that drowned out Yoongi’s tears.

“Yoongi, we’re always here for you.” Namjoon ruffled his hair as he smiled sadly. “No matter what people say, we’re here for you.”

“Thanks, Joon.” Yoongi nodded, smiling tearfully. “Thanks guys, I’m sorry I made you worry. And Hoseok, quit crying, you’re making my shirt wet.”
“Shut up!” Hoseok sniffled. “You made my shirt just as wet! Asswipe!”
“Wow, I think I need to be cheered up.” Yoongi wiped his eyes hurriedly. He looked up at his friends, and slowly grinned, his eyes becoming the shape of crescents as he did so, which pleasantly surprised everyone in the room. They never saw him smile like that before.

“Well?” Yoongi asked, still smiling from ear to ear. “What say you?”
“Hell yes!” Namjoon shouted. “We need you in top form tomorrow!”
“Let’s watch a movie! The Ring!” Jungkook smirked deviously. Everyone else nodded eagerly, except for Hoseok and Seokjin, who were rather hesitant about watching it.

“Oh, can we not?” Seokjin muttered nervously.
“Yes, we must watch The Ring.” Yoongi smirked, as he realised that Seokjin was terrified of The Ring more than anything else.
“Isn’t Junghwa coming?” Taehyung spoke up, as they put the movie into the player.

“She’ll be over in fifteen.” Yoongi spoke up. “She just messaged me.”
“Oh alright.” Taehyung shrugged. Yoongi glanced over at Jungkook, before giving him a small smirk.

“Yah, Yoongi.” Jungkook whispered. “Did Hwa tell you about the-”
“Yep.” Yoongi grinned. “Make sure Seokjin answers the door.”

Fifteen minutes into the movie, Seokjin was already freaking out at every slight noise, and the other boys found it fun to provoke him every now and then.

Just then, the doorbell rang, and Seokjin let out a small shout, cowering behind Namjoon.

“Go on, get up!” Namjoon shoved him aside. “We all went the last time, it’s your turn to get up and get the door!”

A fear-stricken Seokjin did not realise that it was, in fact, Namjoon’s turn to answer the door, and slowly nodded, getting up. He walked towards the door slowly, the air suddenly tense as Jimin paused the movie. Silence engulfed the hallway, and he wondered why the guys were so quiet.

Forgetting to look through the peephole, Seokjin unlocked the door, and immediately opened it.

“AH!” He yelled, falling back in fright. “GUYS!”

“Seokjin?” Hoseok emerged in the hallway, wondering why Seokjin was yelling so frantically. Hoseok looked up at the doorway, and saw a woman in a white nightdress, with her long black locks falling across her face.

“SADAKO!” Hoseok shrieked, running backwards so fast he ended up tripping on his feet, and fell to the floor with a loud thud. Everyone immediately rushed to the hallway, and their eyes widened at seeing the woman at the doorway.

“I’ll damn you to hell, Sadako!” Jimin rushed towards her, but before he could get to her, Yoongi stood in front of the woman, and shook his head.

“Jimin! It’s Junghwa!”

He stepped aside, just as the woman lifted the hair off her face to reveal a laughing Junghwa.

“Hahaha Jiminie, your face-”

Junghwa held on to Yoongi as she laughed hysterically. Everyone in the room burst out laughing, as Hoseok and Seokjin glared at them angrily.

“Pranking Seokjin – success!” Junghwa cheered. Everyone else chortled mirthlessly as a disgruntled Hoseok and Seokjin stormed their way back to the living room.


After a hearty meal and watching more movies, it was soon 11 PM, and Taehyung looked at his watch.

“Guys, I gotta go.” He pouted.
“Oh, right, Taehyungie’s still a minor, so his mommy wants him home on time!” Jimin teased.
“Yah! You’re staying over with me, remember?” Taehyung snapped. “And you’re seventeen, too!”
“I turned eighteen two weeks ago, you !” Jimin stood up. “But yeah, I suppose I have to bring you home safe, or else Mrs. Kim will not be happy at all.”
"Yeah, right, more like I'm going to be the one taking care of you." Taehyung rolled his eyes. 
"Excuse me, mind your tongue, boy-"
"Don't you remember me having to drag your back to my place after you got unbelievably drunk the other day?!" Taehyung snapped at Jimin. "You're lucky my parents didn't blurt out anything to yours, otherwise you'd have been in deep by now!"

Everyone rolled their eyes as Taehyung and Jimin started their normal bickering routine. Yoongi grabbed Taehyung by his collar, arching his eyebrows as he looked at the taller male.

“Alright, guys, go away.” Yoongi shook his head, pushing Taehyung towards the door. “I need my rest for tomorrow, and so does Namjoon.”
“Good luck for your match tomorrow!” Hoseok grinned.
“Hwaiting!” Jungkook shouted. Everyone else grinned, and stepped out of the apartment. As they made to leave, Yoongi suddenly grabbed Junghwa’s hand.

“Yoon…gi?” She arched her eyebrows.

“Uh, can I have a word?” He mumbled, turning pink when he realised that everyone was staring at him curiously. Junghwa slowly nodded, and smiled at the others sheepishly.

“Sorry, Kookie. Won’t be long!” Junghwa grinned. “Good night, guys!”
“Yeah, good night.” Jungkook smirked. “And behave!”
“Yeah, yeah, don’t worry, it’s not like I’m going to do anything-” Junghwa showed him the finger, before smiling at the others as she walked in behind Yoongi. The moment the door closed, the six boys huddled together, whispering animatedly.

“Oh my god, is he going to do it?” Namjoon grinned.
“Do what?!” Taehyung hissed.
“Oh come on, Taehyung.” Jimin rolled his eyes, as they walked to the elevator. “I’m the stupid one and even I can see it!”
“Yoongi likes Junghwa!” Seokjin grinned.
“It’s so obvious, isn’t it?” Hoseok laughed.
“Guys… you do realise that the level of comfort they share is normal for Americans?” Taehyung arched his eyebrows.
“Thank you, Taehyung! He’s right! That ain’t nothing, when you look at it from an American perspective!” Jungkook clapped his hands together in triumph.

“We’re talking about Yoongi here! Who happens to be Korean?” Namjoon clicked his tongue in an annoyed manner. “It’s like the both of you don’t want them to date!”
“I don’t. Not yet anyway.” Jungkook mumbled.
“How come?” Jimin asked, fuelling everyone’s suspicion about Jungkook’s veto.
“It’s complicated, okay?” Jungkook shrugged. “No, don’t ask. Let’s just say… I need to be sure of some things before I can let my sister go out with him.”


“What is it, Yoongi?” Junghwa asked quietly.
“I showed them the room today.” He spoke softly. Her eyes widened in surprise.

“Oh, really?” She gasped.

“Yeah… I kinda cried in front of them.” He smiled sheepishly. “I’m telling you this, in case you wondered why our eyes were red and puffy when you got here.”
“Well, wow.” Junghwa put her hand on his shoulder. “You’re opening up. Good on you.”
“Well, thanks, I guess?” He chuckled nervously as she gave him a kind smile. “No, but really though. Thank you, Hwa. You’ve really helped a lot.”

The pair had unknowingly walked into Yoongi’s bedroom. He sighed as he looked up at the ceiling, smiling wistfully.

“I guess… for the first time in three years, I don’t feel quite as sad as I did.” He whispered. “Like, there’s something to look forward to. For the first time… I feel happy.”

He looked at Junghwa, who gave him a broad smile as she slowly nodded.

“Let me show you something.” He grinned, as he switched off the lights.

Junghwa gasped as the ceiling lit up with fluorescent constellations. She looked at all the stars, and the planets, which took her breath away as she looked around in awe.

“Yoonmi did it last summer.” He spoke silently. “I didn’t want her to, but I’m kinda glad she did.”
“Who’s Yoonmi?” Junghwa asked curiously.
“My sister. She’s sixteen, and she lives in Daegu with my mother.” Yoongi sighed.
“Hey, no sighing.” Junghwa tsked him. “But she did a good job with this, she did.”
“Thanks. Hey, come here.”

Yoongi took her hand in his, and slowly pulled her towards his bed. When they hit the side of the bed, they both let out shouts of pain, before laughing.

“Come on.” Yoongi grinned, and flopped down on the bed.
“Really?!” Junghwa smirked.
“Hey, I’d rather do this outside but it’s cloudy.” Yoongi scoffed. “Plus I haven’t done this in a while. So please?”
“Alright.”

Junghwa sighed, flopping down on the bed beside him. She let out a contented sigh, as she watched the intricate patterns on the ceiling, peace filling inside her. As she looked at the designs, they seemed to swirl around, and morph into a single form, that was beautiful and breath-taking.

She smiled, as the designs soon morphed into a blackness that overcame her, and Junghwa was awake no more.

“Yo, Hwa.” Yoongi spoke up. “Maybe you should go, Jungkook’ll worry.”

Yoongi waited for her response, but seeing that he got none, took out his phone, and switched it on, flashing the light on her face.

“Nng…” Junghwa grumbled as she was rudely stirred awake.
“Get up. Let’s get you back home.” Yoongi began, sitting up, but Junghwa yanked his sweatshirt, pulling him back down.
“Hwa-”

He began, but froze once her arm went around his waist, as she snuggled her face into his shoulder. Yoongi blinked rapidly, his cheeks turning beet red as his brain slowly processed the sudden escalation of events.

After realising that there wasn’t much he could do about his dilemma, Yoongi let out a resigned sigh, as he unlocked his phone again.

Yoongi: Yo, Junghwa fell asleep, so she might have to stay over. That cool?
Jungkook: yeah, alright, make sure she gets back here in the morning tho :P

Yoongi let out another sigh, as his hand unwillingly caressed Junghwa’s hair. Yoongi’s eyes drooped, as he fell into what was going to be a deep, undisturbed slumber.


This was a very difficult chapter, to be honest... however, I really like how it's turned out.
Making 
Yoongi a crying mess is very difficult, you know... in fact, making anyone a crying mess is super duper hard. However, I think I made up for the sad emotions with some fluff at the end... #YoonHwa #DoYouShipThemToo

Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, I'll look back at those when I have more time. I promise c: I'm a bit busy with art and school and ugh I hate my life. And you guys give me life, and I thank you for that. And 52 subs! Wow, you are all amazing I swear <3 

- Haru (P.S. chuuu~ o3<)


Assumingly retarded things Jeon Junghwa will do to forget (not necessarily in the same order):
Mentor: Min Yoongi :D

  1. Randomly hug any person you meet.
  2. Get superbly drunk with someone when you’re eighteen (?)
  3. Cover someone’s car in post-it notes.
  4. Jump into a pool fully clothed.
  5. Eat samgyeopsal at 3AM.
  6. Replace cream in doughnuts with mayonnaise
  7. Replace cream in an Oreo biscuit with toothpaste.
  8. Hide in a cupboard in an Ikea store and yell ‘FOR NARNIA’ before making a run for it.
  9. Baking soda + ketchup = explosion!
  10. Onions dipped in caramel – Apples dipped in caramel prank
  11. Help anyone who needs it.
  12. Scare the out of Hoseok and Jimin (ghost in elevator prank?)
  13. Place a dummy in Jungkook's bed :3
  14. Scare Seokjin with a Sadako cosplay
  15. "Kidnap" Taehyung on his birthday
  16. Fill Namjoon's room with filled water cups.