(SH) Chapter 1

Contestant Number 1 and 2

I giggled and tried once more and finally released myself from the blankets hold.

 

“Gege I am back!” I hopped on the bed hugging Tao around the waist.

 

“Summer is almost over why did you wait?” Tao shoved my head away.

 

“Ah I had some stuff to sort out so I could come.”

 

“Is that why you haven’t come for the past to summers?”

 

“No gege, I was busy with other things then,” I pouted trying to gain his favor, “But I am here now!”

 

“Took you long enough!” Tao pushed me down on the bed with a poke of a finger and got up to get dressed.

 

“Sorry gege.” I whined rolling around on his bed. “Forgive me?”

 

Tao grunted putting on a clean shirt. “School starts in two days, what are going to do then? You will have to go back to attend school in Korea.” Tao eyed me one eyebrow cocked.

 

I mumbled into Tao’s pillow, “mmm”

 

“What was that?” Tao wouldn’t let the me off so easily though, after all it had been two years since I had visited him.

 

“I’m staying.” I lifted my head only long enough to say that little bit.

 

“What? Speak up, what do you mean?” Tao put on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and went to the mirror playing with his hair.

 

“Hey, it’s red!” I sat up quickly.

 

“Stop changing the subject blondie.” I liked the blond, my mom said it looked nice on me…

 

“I said I am staying. I enrolled in your school...”

 

“What? Why would you do that? Your Chinese .”

 

“It’s gotten a lot better!” Tao just eyed me. “It’s true!” he just waved me off.

 

“Whatever, but if you go to my school you have to…. tone it down.” He sat down by my side and I looked at him leaning my head to the side.

 

“What do you mean by that gege?”

 

“I have my own friends Hun.” I nodded, I knew that coming in that Tao would have his own friends. But I was prepared to friend his friends so I could hang with my gege more.

“I know gege, I will behave!”

Tao just sighed and stood, “Does my mom know you are here.”

 

“I called her before I left but I haven’t seen Aunty yet.” Tao stood and waved for me to follow as he went down stairs. I stood looking about my hyung’s room.

 

Even in two years his room has changed. I looked to the night stand by his bed there was a picture of his family along with mine. We were so young then, that was the end of the second summer I had visited. We were at a picnic when Uncle Huang asked a stranger to take a picture of us, as it was our last day picnic. Tao was really tan and stood out. While I badly needed a haircut, my bangs covering my eyes and watermelon all over my face.. His mom and my mom were sitting next to each other smiling brightly, mid conversation, eyes closed with happiness. My dad and Uncle Huang had their arms intertwined on their shoulders like they were best buds, because they are best buds.

 

I have missed the Huangs, now I get to stay longer.

 

“Hun baby, get down here!” Aunty called for me down stairs.

 

“Coming!” I ran downstairs, the smell of breakfast guiding me.

 

*

 

I quickly shoved my arm in the sleeve of my uniform jacket, rushing out the door, "Wait up." Tao just ignored me as he was already out of the fenced in yard. I guess I deserve this for sleeping in.

 

"Gege!" I ran to catch up and jumped on his back, tackling him, making him trip a bit. Tao stabilized himself and sent me a death glare, but I just gave him my famous eye smile.

 

“Walk faster, I’m not going to miss the bus because of you.” I speed up a bit. I’m excited to meet everyone, this is going to be the best year of school ever! Especially since I get to spend it with Tao.

 

We made it to the bus, on time, and the two of us sat in the back, well Tao sat there so… I watched the scenery.

 

A stop later a girl hopped on to the bus and took a seat a few rows infront of us. I pointed at her and elbowed Tao getting his attention. I raised my eyebrows and smiled at him while standing up. He grabbed my wrist, I looked back at him in confusion. He shook his head making a chopping of sign with his hand and neck. The bus started back up and I pouted and sat down with a huff. I waited for Tao to let go before I shot up and quickly made my way to the girl. I sat down and continued to look forward. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the girl looking shocked. I turned to her and gave her a light smile.

 

Is this not open?” Ahhh my Chinese is terrible. She’ll get it it? She slowly shook her head, continued to look at me with wide eyes.

 

My name is Oh Sehun” I held out my hand and she just stared at it. Did she not understand my Chinese? I know my accent is thick but….

 

Her hands were small.

 

Small and soft. They were also kind of cold but that doesn’t matter. She lightly shook my hand and we bowed slightly. I turned back to the front of the bus, but I could see she was still staring. I must look handsome today.

 

I am Yun TianMi.” Oh my, her voice was just as soft and small. I smiled and nodded at her. We both locked eyes before she turned away quickly looking out the window. Cute. I turn back to see Tao glaring at me. I gave him a thumbs up and his favorite eye smile. He just scoffed and looked away. He’s probably mad I didn’t listen to him.

 

A few minutes later the bus stopped once again and I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

 

“Hmm?” I cocked my head to the side. The girl pointed to emblem on my uniform.

 

“You gonna get off? We’re at school.” I look back to see Tao jumping off the bus. I stood rushing off the bus, the girl hot on my heels. I saw Tao walking ahead, but i turned to the girl and bowed lightly.

 

“Nice to meet you.” I said smiling before running to catch up to Tao. I turned and waved to see her just standing there staring. I cought up to Tao and hooked my arm around his neck. “She’s cute.”

 

“Sehun you should keep away from her.” Tao said quietly looking down at our feet step in sync.

 

“Gosh, you’re always warning me about who to make friends with. School here can’t be much different from back in Korea.” I blew him off, huffing and taking my hands to myself.

 

“You had drama back in Korea?” He didn’t look up.

 

“Yeah I guess.”

 

“Well she is this school's single source of drama, if you want to get anywhere or at least not get picked on, you stay away from her.”

 

“Tao, I’ll do what I want and if I do get picked on, I always have you!” I looked at him, and our eyes meet and the corners of his lips twiched up but then fell just as fast.

 

“I can’t always help.” I shrugged as we entered the building. We switched our indoor and outdoor shoes, then made our way into the school.

 

“Which way is the office?” I asked him looking about the rapidy crowding hallways. Tao looked up and around then pointed down a lonely corridor.

 

“The office is at the end, all the storage rooms and teachers offices are the other doors.” I nodded and headed the way he pointed. “Want me to come with you?” I turned, walking backward, shaking my head. He nodded and walked away.

 

I walked down the hallway, there were only a few students in this hallway but they all seemed to be in a rush. I got into the office and there was another boy on his phone sitting in the corner and a old lady at the secratery’s desk.

 

Hello?

 

What do you need?” Rude. She was extremely short with me. But I politely smiled back and walked up to the desk.

 

I am new and I have come to pick up my schedule.” I practice this phrase a ton last night so it shouldn’t be to hard to understand. The lady shuffled around papers on the desk, mumbling but the only thing I understoood was “new”. She took out a small packet.

 

Schedule, map, rules. Xiumin!” The boy in the corner stood up and came over to the desk. “This is the new kid you will be showing around, behave.” She frowned and the boy nodded his head rapidly. He turned to me and sheepishly rubbed the back of his head with his hand and eye smiled at me, also showing a set of perfectly stright, white teeth.

 

I guess I’ll be showing you around.” I nodded and the two of us walked out of the office. The guy started talking rapidly in Chinese. I barely even understood a word. This is much harder then I thought, I guess Uncle and Aunty talk slowly for me.

 

I poked his shoulder and he turned and gave me a quizical look. “Um do you know Korean? My Chinese not good.” I tried my most polite, accentless voice.

 

“Ahh You’re Korean. Haha You probably got none of that, did ya?” Ahh Korean, finally, I nodded my head smiling lightly.

 

“My name is Minseok, but my Chinese name is Xiumin. I guess Minseok would be easier for you?” I nodded again. “Alright then, I’m Minseok. Ah I don’t normally do this stuff, this is left for the trouble makers.” He laughed to himself before continueing to walk, “I just got in trouble for sleeping, usually I try not to caught, but my snoring gave me away,” more laughter. So this guy likes to sleep. I nodded slowly just listening to him talk about himself. “So whats your name?” He turned to walk backwards, by now the class had started and the hallways were empty.
 

“Hmm? Oh, I am Oh Sehun.” I bowed a bit.

 

“Okay Sehun, let me see your shedule, I have to get to class and so should you.” I handed him the packet I had recived earlier from the cranky lady. Minseok flipped through it a bit. “Ahh okay, we were heading in the right direction.” We continued to walk forward. He stopped infront of class 3B and handed me back the packet. “I am in class 3C if you need anything. There is one other Korean in our grade, I can introduce him to you at lunch if you want.”

 

“That would be nice thank you.” I smiled and he sent a blinding smile back. Minseok opened the door to my classroom. He made his way to the teacher that stopped talking to see the comotion. Minseok talked quietly in Chinese and the male teacher nodded his head and beckoned me inside the room.

 

“Introduce your self in Chinese. You can do that?” Xiumin tilted his head. I nodded, wow my neck was going to be sore after today. I turned to the class. Most students looked disnintrested some were even sleeping.

 

Hello My name is Oh Sehun. I am transfering from Korea. My Chinese isn’t the best but I am learning. Please speak slowly and take care of me thank you.” I bowed deeply. I looked about the room. Some girls sat up and were fixing their hair, smiling at me and the boys scoffed at the girls reactions. I guess the girls here like forigners. The teacher spoke to Xiumin and then he turned to me.

 

“Sehun he said to sit where you want. I have to go to my class, but if you have any questions about the Chinese or what you guys are learning you can come see me alright?”

 

“Thank you.” I smiled and Minseok left the room. I went to find a seat. There was a girl sleeping off in the corner, all the desks around her were empty, so I sat infront of her. The whole class seemed to gasp when a I sat. I thought nothing of it but then I heard shuffling behind me and I turned to see my seat neighbor.


“TaeMi!” Her head shot up and her eyes were wide in surprise.

 
 

A/N
waaaa this is long hopefully i can keep up this length ;-; it will be a challenge but this project is all about testing and practicing my writing skills ^-^ hope you like it!
 
Hey!! I'm already half done with the second chapter in Tao's POV! Peace out~!
 
feel free to comment we would love to know what you guys thiiiink! BYEBYE~~~~♡