(HT) Chapter 4

Contestant Number 1 and 2

Kris watched us with his arms crossed and tapped his feet.

 

"None of us are moving anywhere until you both apologize." He said sternly.

 

"Why should I apologize? I told him countless times not to approach that girl, yet he still does." I retorted.

 

The elder turned to eye Sehun, who visibly gulped.

 

"I clearly said that I was going to do what I want. You can't control what I do Tao." He said.

 

"I'm doing this for your good! Involving yourself with that girl only means trouble, trouble and more trouble!" I retorted.

 

"That's not true. She's a nice girl and I know she means no harm—"

 

"Why don't you guys say sorry already? It isn't that hard you know? S-o-r-r-y. Sorry." Kris sighed.

 

"Hun. I know her more than you do. She has a big history and it's only your first day of school. You think you can get to know someone that fast? All she is doing, is just a show and she's going to ruin you." I explained, ignoring Kris.

 

I saw him bite his lower lip, like he always does when he doesn't know what to say.

 

"Just apologize already. I want to go home." I added.

 

"No, I won't. Not until you apologize to TaeMi." He said after a moment.  

 

"Oh this is getting interesting." I heard Kris mutter.

 

I rolled my eyes at the elder and turned back at Sehun.

 

"Why would I apologize? She's the bad one and you're rebelling. You're evenpronouncing her name wrong. It's TianMi. Not TaeMi."

 

"Even if TaeMi is a bad girl, no girl should be treated like how you did in the restaurant. They all have feelings just like us." Sehun explained.

 

"Sehun... Have you been dating back in Korea?" I asked him as I raised a brow.

 

No way he would say something like that to protect a girl if he never dated.

 

"Don't change the subject Tao. We're talking about TianMi here and you rarely talk about her." Kris said from the side.

 

I whipped my head at him and I saw that he had his phone in front of his face.

 

"Seriously? You're recording this?" I squinted my eyes.

 

"Yeah. This is pure content." He replied. "Go on you guys continue to fight— I mean apologize."

 

"You don't need to apologize to me Gege. Just to TaeMi and I'll apologize to you." Sehun pleaded with puppy eyes.

 

"No. I'm not going to walk up to her and give her an apology for trying to harm you." I refused.

 

"Then I'm going to stick close to her like gum and you can't do anything about it." Sehun huffed.

 

"You wouldn't." I frowned.

 

"Oh yes I will! I even have her phone number. I'm going to call her right now and invite her to the house so we can have dinner together." He said as he fished out his phone from his pocket.

 

He put the phone on his ear with a smirk. I cannot let this happen. TianMi in my house. Hell no.

 

"Stop that call! Fine I'll apologize! Just don't you dare invite her and delete her number from your phone." I ordered as I lunged at him.

 

"Woah!" He exclaimed as he fell to the ground along with me.

 

The phone smashed on to the ground and I was a little relieved. At least he couldn't contact her anymore.

 

"Hey! I didn't even have her number! What did you smash the phone for?!" Sehun whined.

 

"Well that's for lying that you do have her number. Pft. I take back for what I said." I snorted.

 

"Tsk tsk tsk. No can do Tao. I got it all recorded in here." Kris smirked as he waved his phone in the air.

 

"So? You can't do anything about it." I frowned.

 

"Oh really? I spy something on my phone called 'Send to everyone in favorites' riiiiiiiight here." He showed me.

 

"You wouldn't dare." I took my wushu stance, prepared to smash his phone as well.

 

"Oh yes I would." His finger nearing that button.

 

"No!" I desperately lunged at him as well.

 

He quickly tapped the screen a bunch of times at the last minute before I slammed him to the ground.

 

"Yes! Success! Totally worth getting my cell phone smashed." Kris celebrated as he pushed me away to sit up. "By the way, you owe me a new phone." He added.

 

"Me too! How can I reach Korean friends now? Most importantly, my mother!" Sehun complained.

 

"Ugh. I feel my pride and my bank account dying already." I sighed.

 

"You're lucky, I only have the guys in my favorite list." Kris tried comforting me.

 

———————–———————

 

When I arrived home with Sehun, my mom came and greeted us with big hugs that made me feel a little weird, but I liked them.

 

"Did you kids eat?" She asked leading us to the living room.

 

"Yup Aunty!" Sehun smiled.

 

"So, what did you eat?"

 

"I ate noodles at the usual place. I don't know about him because he went on a date." I glared at Sehun, remembering what happened earlier.

 

"Wow. Looks like Sehun is already really popular with the girls." My mom smiled.

 

"It's not a date! We just ate dinner together." Sehun defended himself.

 

"Sure. Dinner with the school's ." I scoffed leaving the room.

 

"Gege! I said I was sorry! And would you stop calling her a !" I heard Sehun yell after me.

 

"You're on the floor tonight." I yelled back when I reached my room.

 

I stripped my shirt off me and fell on the bed with my phone.

 

"It's already starting..." I sighed as I stared at my vibrating phone.

 

I shut it off and got up to take a shower.

 

——–————————

 

The moment I arrived at school, I avoided our usual hang out place and immediately went to class.

 

"Tao! I don't remember where 3B classroom is!" Sehun said.

 

I turned to him and I spotted Sehun and Xiumin brightly smiling at me.

 

"Sehun you betrayer!" I shouted before sprinting off.

 

"You're not going to get away!" I heard Xiumin say.

 

I turned around a corner and suddenly Chen jumped out of the side, pinning me to the floor.

 

"Aha! I thought I would never see the day I beat Tao in something physical!" Chen exclaimed.

 

I pushed him off me and quickly got away. However, before I could fully escape, Kris caught me by the am, Lay and Luhan surrounded me.

 

"I think you have something to do with a special someone." Luhan smirked while scrolling through his phone.

 

He put the volume to the max, purposely, and played the video.

 

"Just stop it! I'll go apologize." I groaned.

 

"Oh and it's going to involve this." Lay said as he showed me a ribbon.

 

"What does a ribbon have to do with apologizing?" I frowned.

 

"I'll explain later. Now just go find the girl." He smirked.

 

Kris flung me forward and I rubbed where he held tightly.

 

"We'll be following closely from behind. Go find her." Kris said, high fiving a slightly confused Sehun.

 

I can't believe they're all ganging up on me including Sehun. Arg. Sehun. He's so tricky. I can't believe I fell for his trap. I exhaled loudly with my eyes closed and thought. Where would I go if I were shunned by everyone? I groaned and messed up my red hair.

 

"If you're wondering where could she be, I saw her multiple times up at the rooftop." Xiumin suggested as he poked my side.

 

I glared at him, but listened to his suggestion and left for the rooftop.

 

When I arrived only a chilly wind blew. No signs of anyone causing me to sigh in relief. Apology time does not have to come yet.

 

"Well! She's not here! Gotta come back tomorrow!" I threw my hands in the air, faking disappointment.

 

"Whoa. No leaving Tao." Xiumin stopped me with his hands. "Anyone else know where could she be?" He asked the guys.

 

"I think I know somewhere." Sehun raised his hand. "Last time I saw her was in the girls bathroom."

 

"Hell no! No way I'm going into the girls bathroom! Everyone's going to think I'm a ert!" I refused as I waved my hands and shook my head.

 

"Wait a second guys." Lay frowned. "What do you mean you last saw her in the bathroom?" He eyed Sehun.

 

"Uhhhhhh... Whoops?" He flashed the eye smile that I liked.

 

"Fine! Whatever! I'll go! But I'm not going in." I said.

 

Sehun glanced at me with that eye smile for saving him from an awkward situation and the tips of my lips curled up faintly. Sehun will always be Sehun. I walked towards the girls bathroom and I stood outside glancing in for a while. I glanced at the guys and they were almost dying from laughter. Sehun walked up to me and looked inside at the door frame.

 

"Sorry Gege... For tricking you... And betraying you... Especially since you helped me back there." He said.

 

"That's what brothers are suppose to do; help each other." I smiled. "By the way, did you really go in the girls bathroom?" I cocked my head to the side.

 

"To make a long story short, yes, but only because I heard someone calling for help desperately! I swear! Or else I would have stood here like you staring in." Sehun defended.

 

"Why were you standing in front of here in the first place?" I asked almost laughing at him.

 

"I heard a bunch of weird noise and yelling—" he started.

 

Suddenly, a bunch of weird noise and girly yelling was heard from the inside.

 

"Yeah something like that." Sehun finished, nodding he pointed the bathroom.

 

"Help!!" A voiced yelled.

 

Not a second later, both me and Sehun ran in without hesitation. A few girls screamed at the sight of us running into the girl's bathroom and three of them stood there shocked.

 

"Hyung! It's them! They bully people!" Sehun gasped in Korean.

 

"Oh my god! It's that boy again!" One of them gasped.

 

"Jie! What do we do! It's Tao!" Another one gasped.

 

"Hurry and get out of here. Now!" The one in the middle said trying to leave, but I stopped her.

 

"That's the leader I think. Last time, they were here bullying TaeMi!" Sehun pointed the girl I stopped.

 

"If I ever catch you girls bullying again, it won't end nicely for you." I warned and flung her away.

 

The three girls quickly scurried away leaving someone hugging her legs to her chest. When I turned back to Sehun, I saw him trying to comfort the girl with his poor Chinese.

 

"It's going okay TaeMi. It's going okay." He comforted.

 

I frowned when he said TianMi. In a Korean accent that is...

 

"Sehun!" I called him.

 

He turned towards me, quickly letting go of the girl.

 

"I told you to not go near her." I scolded.

 

"Sorry." He said backing away.

 

He left the bathroom and I was left alone with TianMi. She looked at me in terror as I ruffled my red hair, cursing the situation.

 

"Come out and we'll talk." I told her before escaping the bathroom.

 

"Dude! I can't believe you went inside! What did you see?" Xiumin exclaimed.

 

"I think you're the one that's a ert." I glared at him.

 

I heard a few timid steps behind me and I turned around to see TianMi.

 

"Oh great! You found her!" Lay exclaimed.

 

"You were looking for me?" She asked confused.

 

Lay suddenly took my wrist and her's and tied them with the ribbon firmly together.

 

"What the heck Zhang Yixing!" I tried moving my hand away but his right hand's stronger than mine.

 

He finished tying a complicated knot and kept his hand on our wrists.

 

"Alright boy and girl. Listen very closely to what I'm going to say. You two have two ways to separate. One, he apologizes and you must accept him. Two, you two figure out this knot and untie it." Lay smiled. "Have fun! Come see me when you're done Tao!"

 

With that, the guys snickered and left, leaving Sehun behind.

 

"You knew about this?!" I showed him my tied wrist, dragging TianMi along with me.

 

"Sorry Ge. I only understood that they were going to do this untill the end of their discussion... They speak Chinese too fast... and I wasn't able to convince them not to..." The blond scratched his head.

 

I sighed and took a glance at TianMi. She was completely confused by this situation and she was a little scared since I could feel her hand trembling.

 

"I gotta get going Gege." He said.

 

"What! You're going to leave me alone too?"

 

"Sorry Gege... They told me they would buy me food." He said.

 

"You're abandoning me for free food?"

 

"Yeah." He answered as he flashed that eye smile once more.

 

Before I can say anything, he was gone and I sighed. TianMi tapped my arms softly. So softly I wouldn't have felt it if I was wearing a long sleeve.

 

"Do you mind... Umm... Translating for me?" She shyly asked.

 

"Come." I said and I dragged her somewhere that's barely crowded.

 

We ended up at the lonely school garden and sat down at a bench.

 

"Sorry for yelling at you yesterday. I just wanted Sehun to be safe." I blurted.

 

"I... Refuse your apology." She said.

 

"What! Don't you want to get out of this ribbon thing?!" I angrily said.

 

"I want at least one person to understand me. I'm not a at all. Just a victim." She confidently said.

 

"Why should I believe you? You could be lying so you can make me a fool."

 

"Because everyone believed that jerk! Sure, I was the drama queen of the school, but I'm also just a normal girl who falls in love too!" She yelled.

 

I was slightly taken aback by her voice. Yet, her voice made her seem like she was completely broken and depressed.

 

"Why does no one listen to my side of the story?! All everyone does is listen to false rumors! I didn't sleep with him because I was a ! I really did think that he was the one! But he was just playing with me and sent pictures of me, , to everyone and..." She broke down in tears and she brought both hands to her face making my own hand go nearer to her.

 

All I could do was sit there like an idiot that doesn't know what to do. I barely have any interactions with girls and I have never seen one break down, like TianMi, in front of me.

 

"Uhhh... D-d-don't c-cry..." I said.

 

I hesitated to pet her hair with my other hand as it remained in the air. She suddenly became quiet and wiped her tears away with both hands. Thanks to the ribbon, my right hand was caressing her cheek and it even brushed her hair a few times. I blushed immensely since it was my first time touching a girl's face.

 

"And everyone thinks I'm a because of those pictures. Now I'm completely ousted by the whole school, including you, and I feel like a fool for believing that jerk was my true love." She finished.

 

"Here take this." I said as I handed her a handkerchief I had in my pocket.

 

I was still too shy to touch her. She gladly took the handkerchief and dabbed her eyes. Before she was even ready to walk, I dragged her into the school, searching for Lay.

 

"Well well well. What have we got here? The beauty and the beast." Lay smirked.

 

"Shut up." I spat.

 

"Wow. What sass. Now let the knot master handle this." He said as he stretched his fingers.

 

While he was working on the knot, I took a glance at TianMi. She avoid everyone's stare and clutched my handkerchief tightly.

 

"So how was your date?" Luhan smirked.

 

"Did you have fun?" Xiumin asked.

 

I ignored all their questions and concentrated on my thought. Was TianMi really a victim? Is she just pretending like I thought? But her tears were so real. The guys continued to tease and I exhaled through my gritted teeth.

 

"Guys... I think you should stop the teasing already." Sehun worriedly said.

 

"No way! Seeing him pissed off is the rarest thing ever." Lay laughed.

 

"But—" Sehun started.

 

I slammed both my hands on the table and eyed Lay.

 

"Are you doing this on purpose? Why the hell are you taking so long!" I howled.

 

Everyone was startled including Sehun who only saw this side of me once.

 

"I don't care if your my friend. You better get this off me quick." I growled grabbing Lays collar.


My blood was boiling and I was furious. I didn't know why. Sehun quickly cut the ribbon and I slung my backpack over my shoulder. I stormed off before anyone could stop me. 

 


 

[A/N] 

Voilà ~ Chapter 4 I hope you all enjoyed it! And with this chapter, it marks the the of the poll in the foreword! TianMi/TaeMi will end up with Mister Contestant Number One! This has been SHINeeTurtle! Peace~ 

Twice in a week we are so on top of it! This was almost 3000 words nice! I'll work hard! Bye Bye~