(HT) Chapter 2

Contestant Number 1 and 2

The bell finally rang after a long and tiring math session. I grabbed my hair and I groaned. I don't get how my seat partner is able to understand everything the teacher is lecturing.

 

"Tao, what's the homework again?" Chen asked me.

 

"I don't know. Something about graphs. I don't care anymore." I mumbled.

 

"Well, you're so not useful as a seat partner." Chen rolled his eyes before standing up to ask Lay about the homework.

 

I heard my stomach growling and I stood up to meet the guys at the cafeteria. Lunch was calling for me and I was not going to stay hungry for an extra minute. I walked pass the guy that was yelling "Welcome to class 3D! Where everything is 3 dimensional and exciting!" to every single person passing by and out the door like I was. Not even a minute later, I heard a familiar Korean accent yelling my name.

 

"Tao!" Sehun yelled.

 

I turned around and I was greeted by a tackle that pinned me to the floor.

 

"Ow! Sehun! Would you get off me? Everyone's going to think we're gay." I scolded him.

 

"Oops. Sorry Gege." He got off me with that eye smile that he knew I liked.

 

"Whoa Sehun. You know Tao?" Xiumin asked while helping me up.

 

"Yup! We're best friends." He said and put his fist in front of my face.

 

I smiled and pulled his at wrist that started our special hand shake that we created a few years back. It's been nearly two years, I haven't done it since I haven't seen him, but my body clearly remembered every step. We finished it with a light punch to our chest and Xiumin just stood there in awe.

 

"What the hell just happened..." He said, leaving his mouth ajar.

 

"I have no idea what that just meant, but let's go eat! I'm hungry!" Sehun exclaimed.

 

"Try saying that in Chinese Hun. You're Chinese will even more if you only speak Korean." I told him.

 

"Why should I? I need to speak my native language too from time to time. I get headaches sometime from too much Chinese. And besides, I only know the two of you that speaks Korean and I can just speak Chinese with other people." The Korean shrugged.

 

"Oh right Sehun! I need to introduce to you the other Korean in our grade." Xiumin remembered. "Tao, you know where Chen is?"

 

"The last time I saw him, he was asking me for the math homework. Maybe he's at the cafeteria with a book." I shrugged.

 

"Good thing he's at the cafeteria. I'm starving." Sehun said and Xiumin lead him through the hallways.

 

I tagged along since I was also going there. Sehun wrapped an arm around my neck and we continued walking.

 

"Tao, you didn't even tell me what class you're in. How am I suppose to find you in this school?" Sehun asked me.

 

"You can find me through him." I pointed the back to the bun faced guy that was leading us to the cafeteria.

 

"Oh c'mon! I can't just rely on him!" He complained.

 

"And you think you can just rely on me?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"Well yeah. We're practically bros aren't we? Why are you questioning our relationship?" Sehun frowned.

 

"I'm not. It's just... I told you to tone it down a few days ago. You gotta learn how to survive in this land on your own. I'm not going to be by your side 24/7." I told him.

 

"But how can you not be by my side 24/7? We go to the same school, we live in the same house and we do everything together. And I'm going to do things my way. If I want to rely on you, I will, if I don't, I won't. " Sehun said not understanding what I told him.

 

I sighed as we enter the canteen. We walked to the line and we picked up our food. I headed towards my usual table with Sehun on my tail. The guys looked at me weirdly since I'm not the type to suddenly befriend someone in one morning.

 

"Can he sit with us from now on?" I asked the guys and I held my breath.

 

I hope the guys won't just ignore Sehun and refuse.

 

"I promise I'll be very nice." Sehun promised with a thick accent.

 

Luhan chuckled and nodded. He moved over and let Sehun sit beside him. I let out the breath I was holding and I sat down, relieved.

 

"Why do you have a vocabulary of a 12 year old child?" Luhan asked.

 

"That's cause I'm not Chinese. I'm from Korea." Sehun slowly pronounced each word.

 

"Oh you're Korean? Nice to meet you." Luhan switched to Korean.

 

"Oh! How do you know Korean? You're so fluent too! Wait are you the Korean that Minseok was talking about?" Sehun bombarded him with questions.

 

"Minseok?" Luhan thought a while. "Oh Minseok as in Xiumin! Sorry. I'm not used to hearing his Korean name and no I'm not the other Korean guy. I'm actually Chinese. My name's Luhan. If you're looking for another Korean, that's him." Luhan pointed to Chen that was next to me.

 

"Yo Chen. Meet the new guy. He's Korean. His name is... Um..." Luhan turned to Sehun.

 

"Sehun. His name is Oh Sehun." I told Chen.

 

Chen put down his book and lifted his fake glasses with his index. He turned to Sehun and smiled widely. He poked my side and I looked at him suspiciously.

 

"What do you want?" I asked.

 

"Move aside. It's time to speak Korean here! I haven't spoke Korean in such a long time!" He smiled.

 

"You can speak Korean with Xiumin. He's Korean too if you didn't know." Luhan said.

 

"Have you seen him? He's dozing off whenever he can. Look at him!" Chen pointed at Xiumin.

 

Xiumin was sleeping on the table with a half eaten plate next to his head. This guy really can sleep. Chen and I ended up switching our seats and I listened to the two Koreans excitedly conversing in their native language. Sehun seemed really happy being able to make new friends.

 

"Gege, you going to finish that?" Sehun pointed at the broccolis in my plate.

 

I stared at the green vegetable and cringed. I never really liked greens. I passed him the plate and Chen and Luhan stared at me with shock written on their face.

 

"What the hell just happened..." Luhan gapped.

 

"You guy should seriously teach me what that means. It's the second time I heard it today and I still don't know what it means." Sehun pointed at the four of us with a broccoli stabbed with his fork.

 

"That's exactly what I said earlier when Sehun and Tao did their hand shake." Xiumin agreed with Luhan.

 

"When did you wake up?" Chen asked Xiumin.

 

"A little before Luhan said 'what the hell just happened...' " Xiumin answered.

 

"How did you get Tao to give you his plate? He never shared any food with us. And that hand shake Xiumin was talking about. Tao never does hand shakes with us. Heck he doesn't up even fist bump with us." Luhan asked still impressed at Sehun.

 

"I don't get why it is that of a big deal..." Sehun and I started in unison.

 

A smirk appeared on both of our faces making the guys even more creeped up than when we spoke at the same time. But suddenly Sehun beamed. I knew he has something to ask me. He always beams when he has a favor to ask.

 

"What kind of favor Sehun?" I sighed.

 

"Huh? But he didn't say anything..." Luhan said, confused by the situation.

 

"Hyuuuuung~ Can you teach me some Chinese after school? Like help me improve?" He turned to Chen.

 

*Oh my... Here comes his cuteness...* I thought as I sighed once more. No one can say no to THAT face when he turns on his cute mode on.

 

"Errm... Why call me Hyung?" Chen asked him while pleading for my help at the corner of his eye.

 

"He's trying to get you to say yes and he doesn't exactly know what your name." I whispered to him.

 

"Sorry... I need to study at the library after school..." Chen turned him down.

 

"But... Pleaaaaase~ Minseok said you were really good in Chinese and told to come find you when I need any help~ Pleaaaaase~?" Sehun begged with his puppy eyes as he switched between the two languages.

 

I noticed Chen's side glare at Xiumin who was already in dream land. I will never understand how one falls asleep that easily. On the other hand, it was fun seeing someone else getting tortured by Sehun's begging.

 

"Ugh. Fine. The name is Chen by the way. Jongdae if you're more comfortable with Korean." Chen sighed.

 

"Yes!" Sehun cheered, flashing that eye smile that I liked.

 

It brought a smile to my face, but the corners of my mouth quickly fell when he beamed at me like I was his next prey. It looks like I'm not going to get away from his begging...

 

"Gege! Help me after school too?" He asked, initiating those puppy eyes once again.

 

"Oh god... Why do I have to?" I sighed.

 

"Because I don't know how to go home alone~" he pouted.

 

"Whatever." I said as I sipped my beverage.

 

I swear it gets pretty ugly and sweet when Sehun starts using Chinese to beg. So sweet I might even get diabetes without even touching candy, so I just agreed before he could get to that extent. I looked back at my friends while my best friend was doing a little celebratory dance next to the table. Both Luhan and Chen had they're mouths ajar, even Xiumin. Although the latter was still asleep. Sehun sat back down and continued to eat the broccolis I gave him.

 

"What the hell just happened..." Chen pronounced each and every word clearly as he looked between the new kid and me.

 

"I'm starting to think that that means something insulting..." Sehun frowned.

 

"How did you make Tao agree to you that easily?! Even torturing him with some science talk can't even make him say yes!" Chen exclaimed.

 

"We've been best friends for ten years already." Sehun simply said as he munched on his green.

 

"Whaaaat! How—" Luhan started but then he choked on his own drool that was produced from having his mouth open for too long.

 

Before Luhan could continue what he was going to say, I took my tray and cleared the plates and left the cafeteria. Way too much questions for lunch.

 

 

 

For once, my afternoon classes were interesting. Except for that part when Chen was explaining me a science thing and he was way more boring than the teacher. I would have fallen asleep if he didn't nudge me and scold me for zoning out while he was talking. I slung my backpack over my shoulder ready to go home and simply take a two hour nap, but then I felt like there was something I forgot. I walked out of my classroom, passing by the "Welcome to class 3D! Where everything is 3 dimensional and exciting!" guy that was still yelling, and I suddenly remembered what I forgot when I saw Sehun waving at me like an idiot.

 

"TaoOoOoOo~" he yelled again.

 

He started running towards me probably to tackle me to the ground again. I took my wushu stance, ready to flip him over if he really does come at me like a bull. He did come at me, but instead of flipping him over, which I wanted to do, I just moved to the side to avoid receiving warnings from the teachers. Not stopping in time, he would have went sprawling to the ground if I didn't grab his wrist at the last second.

 

"Would you stop trying to tackle me every time you see me?" I calmly asked.

 

"Sorry Gege. The classes are so boring since I can't even understand half of what the teacher is saying and I wanted some exercise. Anyways, where's Jongdae?" He asked.

 

It took me a moment to remember that Jongdae was Chen's Korean name. Suddenly, Chen fled from his classroom and started running. I chased him since I was not going to be alone teaching Chinese to Sehun. Sehun followed me from behind and I caught Chen by his shoulder.

 

"You're not going anywhere Chen. You promised Sehun." I said.

 

I heard him mutter something around "Why didn't God gave me good leg muscles to get away from Tao while running?"

 

I turned around to see Sehun bump into a girls shoulder making her drop her books to the floor. I saw him bowing and crouch down to help her pick up her books as I approached them with Chen still in my grip.

 

He was done helping her, but she didn't continue on her way. That's when I noticed that he was talking to TianMi and he smiled at her. He smiled at THE Yun TianMi! I felt my muscles tensing and I let go of Chen who was complaining that I was hurting him. I grabbed Sehun's wrist and stared directly at the girls eyes. She seemed frightened but I didn't care.

 

"Sorry. He needs to attend his Chinese class." I told her through my clenched teeth before yanking Sehun away from her. 

 


[A/N] 

YASS! I feel like a boss for writing out like 1000 words in one night ;) 

So this chapter's length is around 2200 words and I usually write around 1200 words for my other story, but this is a challenge I'd like to take! WOOH! 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter~ ^^

Cute~~~ now I have to get to work on the next chap >~< I know I wont be done till next week I have a busy weekend ;-;