(HT) Chapter 18

Contestant Number 1 and 2

I glanced at the sobbing girl once Sehun was out of view. What do I do? I could leave, but I knew better than to leave a girl crying her heart out in the hallways. What was wrong with Sehun? It’s usually him the one that cries, in private of course. I needed to talk to him whether he’s still mad at me or not.

 

He can’t just make a girl cry and leave.

 

I approached TianMi who had hidden her face with her crossed arms on her knees. I carefully and awkwardly brought her to her feet when she suddenly hugged my torso tightly. I held my hands in the air, uncomfortable.

 

I stayed like that for quite a while, hopping nobody would see us like this. She had stopped sobbing already, but she was still crying since I could feel her tears through my slightly soaked shirt. I could hear her sniffing her nose and it was only then that I lowered my arms. I hesitated whether to pay her back or not.

 

She suddenly released my torso and gave me a hard punch on my chest.

 

"You're stupid. I hate you." She sniffed. I scowled at her for calling me stupid for no reason as I dusted my shirt that had two darker spots where she cried. "He hates me now. Why did you tell me to make him happy when you clearly know I have a past?"

 

"Because—"

 

"What do I do? Now everyone in school is going to hate me again." She said as tears brimmed her eyes again.

 

"Would you stop crying? Crying isn't going to fix anything. It's just going to give you a swollen face. Do something other than cry." I said before she broke down again. I thought she had cried out all her tears, but I was wrong.

 

Suddenly, a wild Chen appeared as if he was looking for me.

 

"Tao! What the hell! Sehun called me 'your things' and hung up on me as I was trying to explain ovals! I'm not your object!" Chen started complaining as pointed at me, but he stopped when he realized it wasn't the best time to argue. "Uhh... Sorry for interrupting your moment there... Don't kill me!" He squeaked as he ran away. I blinked a few times before turning back to a surprised TianMi.

 

"Sehun said the boy was busy... He lied? Why would he lie to me? Is it because you guys are fighting? He wouldn't tell me why." TianMi questioned me. I replied her by shaking my head and running my fingers through my red hair.

 

"I'll talk to him. Let me bring you home." I said, internally beating myself up for suggesting that.

 

Why would I suggest something like that!? Am I crazy!?

 

"Okay." She said her head hung low.

 

Dammit. Kill me. I needed to bring her home now.

 

Why would she agree!? She hates me!

 


 

We ended up walking to her house in silence, mostly because we were throwing death glares at one another. I found it really weird when she dragged me with her to her front door, but pushed me away a when she looked up at my face with a frown. I took that as if she was saying I was ugly.

 

"Go away now." She searched for her keys in her bag. When she found them, she unlocked the door and stepped inside. I scoffed. Was she going to make me go across town, ignore me and tell me to go away without a 'thank you'? No way.

 

"I'm not going anywhere." I stuck my foot in before she closed the door.

 

"What do you want? Dinner for walking me home?" She glared at me trying to get my foot away.

 

"TianMi, who are you talking to?" A low male voice asked from behind her. Before she could even reply the owner of the voice, the door swung open widely and I faced her father who kicked my foot out of the way. "Who is he? What is a boy doing here? Is he one of those players again?" He glared at me. For once, I was frozen in my place.

 

"You. Come here." He said and hauled me inside by the collar before TianMi could answer him. "Who are you?"

 

"Dad, he's just a friend! Don't hurt him! He isn't bad." She said and tried to loosen his grip on my collar.

 

"Last time you said that, you became depressed because of that boy." That boy? Was he the jerky jerk jerk that humiliated her? However, from what Chen told me, FangXue was the one that humiliated TianMi. What's the real truth?

 

"No, I swear this time he's just a friend." She defended. I was starting to wonder if we really were friends. I ignored her, she hit me and we both clearly demystified that we hated each other. The last time I checked its definition in a dictionary was the complete opposite of what we are, enemies. However, we clearly aren't enemies, we don't bear a grudge on each other. What were we, really?

 

"You look like you cried. What did I tell you about crying again?" Her father sighed. I clearly hadn't heard a part of the conversation due to my thoughts. "Bring him to the dining room. Dinners ready." Her father sternly said and left.

 

What?

 

TianMi dragged me towards somewhere and I reluctantly followed. She brought me to the dining room where the table was filled with food and tried to make me sit down next to her, but I resisted.

 

"Sit down!" She quietly ordered.

 

"No." I shook my head, trying to get her hands off my arm, but she only tightened her grip.

 

"Stop being baby and just sit!" She tugged on my arm harder successively making me sit in the chair.

 

"Why am I even here? I'm not eating dinner here." I frowned as I stood.

 

"Because if you don't want to be hunted down by my father, you'll be fine." She pulled me down again, her hands gripping my biceps like a snake suffocating its prey. I made a move to stand up again, but she kicked behind my knee, making me fall back on the chair. "You fault for wanting to bring me home." Her hands still depriving my arm from blood.

 

"You're the one that wanted me to bring you home!" I glared, moving my numb arm away to make her release her grip, but she didn't get the message.

 

"You're the one that actually did bring me home! Why would you even do that!?"

 

"Because you were crying your heart out in the hallway and you used my shirt as a tissue!"

 

"It's not my fault if that jerk—"

 

Our argument ceased when we heard her father clear his throat.

 

"Stop yelling." He ordered and TianMi finally let the blood circulate in my arm again as she quietly sat in her chair. I hadn't notice we were loudly arguing until we stopped. I lightly massaged my bicep to make the numbness go away while being aware that her father was intensively staring at me.

 

I intensively stared back and I only earned a punch from TianMi.

 

"What the heck! Why did you punch me?" I hissed as her, rubbing my abused arm.

 

"Stop staring at him like that. He's just going to be even more angry." She hissed back.

 

"What? Are you that afraid of your father?" I scoffed. "Whatever. I don't even know what I'm doing here. I'm leaving." I stood.

 

TianMi's eyes widen, probably in fear, as she tried to bring me back down on the chair, but I moved away too quickly for her. I glanced at her parents; her mother was quite indifferent of the situation and her father was still intensively staring at me.

 

"I don't need your offer to have dinner here. I have dinner my own mother prepared for me at home. Thank you, but I shall leave." I bowed deeply and escaped the house before my poor arm could get harmed again by TianMi again.

 


 

"What do you mean I came home too late! I'm your son!" I yelled at the bottom of the staircase.

 

"How long have you been living in my house? You should know that you have to find your own dinner when it's past 8." My mother replied back to me.

 

"You don't love me!" I yelled before my father rested a hand on my shoulder,

"Stop yelling. You're noisy, people are trying to sleep and some need to prepare for another business trip." He went up the stairs and joined my mother in the master room.

 

I grumbled as I walk towards the kitchen in hopes of finding some food. I knew there was cereal in the cupboard, so that would be my last option. I found some leftovers in the refrigerator, but I was too lazy to heat them up, so cereal it was.

 

I brought my bowl of cereal to the living room and sat on the couch, kicking the covers to one side. I turned the television on and started munching, both very loudly. It wasn't until I heard some faint steps entering the living room that I decided to turn the volume down and look at the person. Sehun only scoffed and sat down at the other edge of the couch, trying to understand what was happening on TV.

 

"You. Why did you make TianMi cry?" I said with a mouth full of cereal.

 

"What?" He didn't even look away from the television screen. He was clearly trying to avoid answering my question. I downed the milk in one shot and tried again,

 

"Why did you make TianMi cry?" I poked his left thigh with my foot. He slapped my foot away. I put down my bowl on the coffee table and lay my back to him.

 

"You." I poked his cheek, "Why. You. Make. TianMi. Cry." I poked him even harder to annoy him. It was only then he gave up on resisting to punch and kick me away. Trying not to laugh, I intensively stared at him until he finally stared back.

 

"Finally you look at me. I thought you were deaf." I joked, but he only turned away.

 

"What do you want?" He asked sternly, eyes glued to the screen.

 

"An answer to the question I've asked you three times already." I scoffed. "You never make anyone cry. Especially girls." I said when he didn't have any reaction.

 

"So, what do you care? My business is not your things." He huffed. Finally, the old Sehun was back, not in a good way, but at least he wasn't unpredictable anymore. "Don't touch my things." He added. Forget what I said, he's still unpredictable.

 

"Why are you so hung up on that 'your things and my things'?" I ruffled my hair and stood up. I was starting to get irritated by his stubbornness.

 

"Why are you caring so much about TianMi huh?! She's not yours! She was my friend first and I liked her first!" He replied me with a kick to my bottom as I walked by him to leave the living room. He angrily glared at me.

 

"What? Am I not allowed to care about someone my best friend likes? And how is she yours when she isn't even your girlfriend?" I retorted and resisted to punch him.

 

"So! Jongdae's not your boyfriend! How is he yours then? He's just your friend. Just like TianMi, she is my friend. My first Chinese friend I made without your help." He kicked the air like a child.

 

"Friend?" I scoffed, "Do you even like her for real? It doesn't even seem like it since you left her crying on your best friend's chest." He bit his lips, turning away. He quickly look back at me, more softly this time.

 

"Ge, do you like her?" He quietly asked as if it was something forbidden to bring up.


"Why would I?" I answered him and left him alone with the flashing television.



[A/N]

Sorry for the VERY late update! I already knew what to write, but I only found time to write on the bus on my way to school and I always fall asleep halfway through the ride... I've been really busy! Sorry!

Hi~ even though I have finals in two weeks, and if my hand gets better, the next chapter shouldn't be too far behind. Our school years are coming to an end so both of us are busy. But hey summer break is right around the corner~