(HT) Chapter 20

Contestant Number 1 and 2

"Let go of me! Why are you like this?!" TianMi struggled out of my grip on her arm, but I only continued to drag her to the noodle restaurant. I didn't say anything until I felt something painful sink into my forearm. I yelped at the pain and let go of TianMi.

 

"Serves you right for ignoring me and always dragging me everywhere." She spat in the trash can next to us.

 

"Did you just bite me?!" I cried out, flabbergasted.

 

"Yes I did." She huffed and crossed her arms. I stared at the red teeth marks on my arm, horrified. I never knew girls could be that dangerous. TianMi glanced at me and saw the teeth marks she made. She instantly grew worried and took out a handkerchief I recognized. She tied it on my arm in a way that hid the marks.

 

"I wanted to return it to you since that day I, you know, cried in the school garden, but I hadn't found the time..." She trailed off, looking at everything but me. I found myself chuckling at her for no reason.

 

"Why are you laughing at me?" She snapped.

 

"Nothing." I said, amused by her mood swings. I yelped in pain once again when she slapped the back of my head as she ran past me towards the restaurant. "Why are you hitting me! Do you even know where we're going to eat?!" I complained and hurried after her.

 

"The noodle restaurant! Where else would you bring me?!" I heard her yell. Was I that predictable?

 

"Why are you even running? The food isn't going anywhere!" I complained as I entered the place right behind TianMi.

 


 

The moment I stepped into the house after school, my mother was already calling for me like a baby bird calling for its mother.

 

"Whaaaaaat!" I yelled back as I switch my shoes for slippers. My name stopped ringing throughout the house in an instant. I waited for her answer, but it never came.

 

"Muuuuum! What do you waaaaaaant!" I yelled once more and waited for her reply, but, once again, it never came. Grumbling, I threw my backpack on the living room couch, where I spotted Sehun's as well, and headed into the kitchen where I heard my mother's voice come from when she was calling for me. Another hit to the back of my head had me running my hands through my hair in frustration for becoming a sandbag to everyone for no reason at all.

 

"Son! What took you so long to answer me?" My mum jabbed her clean chopsticks into my side, making me jump.

 

"I just got home." I grumbled. Apparently, the answer I gave her wasn't enough.

 

"What were you doing? We have some important cooking today." This time, she pointed the chopsticks at me instead of stabbing me with them as she scolded me. "Go make cookies. We're going to be a host for a week."

 

"I thought we were already his host." I pointed at Sehun who was standing utterly silent in the corner.

 

"It's someone else. Sehun hasn't told you yet? And hurry and get to work with the cookies. I have to do the groceries since I'm going to have another mouth to feed tomorrow." She ordered me.

 

"What? But I don't know how to make—" I heard the front door slam, "cookies..." I trailed off. I turned to Sehun since my mum mentioned him.

 

"So, you know how to make cookies?" I asked, rubbing the probably bruising back of my head.

 

"Eh?" Sehun's eyes widen in confusion.

 

"Do you not understand korean anymore?" I sighed as I rested a hand on my forehead.

 

"Well I did make some before once..." He trailed off.

 

"Oh goo—"

 

"When I was five years old..." He cut me off.

 

"Oh god... What are we going to do..." I shook my head.

 

"My friend's coming over from Korea." Sehun squeaked.

 

"So you're not angry anymore about my 'things'?" I did two quotation marks in the air.

 

"I'm sorry. As I hate to admit it, I was stubborn." Sehun pouted.

 

"Wow. Where's Sehun? You're an imposter." I poked his chest with my finger.

 

"I'm not an imposter. I'm serious." Sehun whined.

 

"Exactly. You're serious. Sehun's not serious." I said as I raised my brows.

 

"Ah Gege~!" He whined.

 

"Fine fine. I was just joking." I flicked his forehead.

 


 

After spending fifteen minutes on our phones, looking for some recipes for cookies, we decided on chocolate chip cookies despite Sehun claiming that his friend liked chicken better than cookies. I translated the ingredients needed on a paper and beckoned Sehun over to check the list out.

 

"One cup of butter, softened..." He murmured, "What's softened butter? Is it melted butter?" He questioned. I shrugged.

 

"We also need one cup of white sugar and brown sugar each... What's the difference? Isn't white sugar the same as brown sugar, safe for the colour?" Sehun asked me again.

 

"Don't ask me. I at cooking. I don't even know why my mum told me to make cookies when I can barely make myself a pack of ramen..." I sighed. Sehun inspected the list further and frowned at an ingredient.

 

"One teaspoon of baking soda? I thought that was for washing clothes... Is baking soda even edible? And we need salt for cookies? I thought cookies were sweet not salty..." He stared at me after putting down the list.

 

"I just translated." I innocently shrugged, "Prepare the three cups of flour first. At least that one I know."

 

"What cup do we use? Is it the regular cups we use to drink with?" He said as I took out three mugs of the same size from the cupboard and the bag of flour.

 

"I think we look like two dumb idiots..." I muttered under my breath. Sehun reached out for the bag and opened it recklessly. He wasn't expecting for flour to explode in his face and I started laughing at his white powdered face.

 

"I didn't think you could be even fairer than you already are!" I laughed and pointed at his face. He grabbed a handful of flour and rubbed it into my face. I spat out the extra that got into my mouth and it was Sehun's turn to be laughing.

 

"Ha ha. Funny." I grumbled as I grabbed a mug and scooped a cup of flour. "Is one cup of flour, a cup full of flour of relatively full cup of flour." I sneezed, making the flour fly into the air, making Sehun sneeze as well.

 

"This isn't going to work." I poured the flour back into the bag and set the mug down, "We need help." I said as I took out my phone. I tried unlocking it, but I realized the touchscreen wasn't compatible with flour powdered hands. I tried using my nose, but it only ended up smearing white all over the screen. I groaned in frustration and Sehun plucked my phone out of my hands.

 

"Let me try." He said and swiped the screen to the side. It worked. I don't know how Sehun did it with equally powdery hands, but he did it. "Who should we call?" He asked.

 

"Whoever that knows how to make cookies." I said before I sneezed again. I saw Sehun fiddling with my phone and putting it to his ear. "Eh... You sure you can handle the Chinese?" I squinted my eyes at him. He gave me a nod.

 

The call seem to connect with the other person and Sehun quickly shoved the phone to my ear.

 

"Ask her if she can make cookies and tell her to come over and help us." Sehun blurted out.

 

"What? Who!" I tried checking the ID, but Sehun somehow turned my brightness to the lowest and covered the device in flour smudges.

 

"Hello? Tao?" The girl said.

 

"Who this?" I blurted out, unable to formulate any coherent sentences.

 

"Hey . If you haven't noticed, you were the one who called me. What do you want?" The familiar voice said.

 

"It's TaeMi." Sehun informed me.

 

"What! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I raised my voice.

 

"Hello? Are you talking with Sehun now? Pass the phone to him. I couldn't find him at school after lunch." TianMi demanded.

 

"Later." I groaned. "What's more important is, do you know how to make cookies?" I asked her.

 

"Huh? Cookies? Yeah I do. I make them all the time." She said and I felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

 

"Oh great. Now come over and help us bake some before we turn my house into a flour bag." I ordered her.

 

"What. What are you two—"

 

"Great! See you later." I said and pressed on the lock button twice to hang up.

 

"Idiot! You could have called Yixing. He knows how to cook." I snapped at Sehun.

 

"Hey! You said to call whoever!" He raised his arms.

 

"But why TianMi out of everyone?!" I growled, "You clearly know I hate her."

 

"Well, it didn't seem like it when you were talking to her on the phone..." Sehun remarked.

 

"That was because I was trying to be polite." I blurted out a random reason. "And you know, she's been looking for you. She wants answers to why you were with FangXue at lunch. I told'ya not to hang out with that girl."

 

"You could have told me she wasn't good to TaeMi before I even decided to join her at the table." Sehun sulked.

 

"Been there. Done that. Yet you were being stubborn and insisted on meetings her since she could speak Korean as well as you speak Chinese." I rolled my eyes.

 

"You're mean." Sehun whined.

 

 


 

Half an hour passed of me researching cooking terms on the Internet until I heard the doorbell ring. I had realized I still hadn't taken care of my flour covered face yet and I ordered Sehun to get the door while I splash my face with water in the kitchen sink. The bell rang once more and I yelled at Sehun to open it, but he replied me with one thing that sounded like "I'm taking a show— it's cold!". I groaned and got up to open answer the door while wiping my face dry with a tissue.

 

"Come in." I balled the tissue and threw it in a bin.

 

"What did you say?" TianMi asked, still standing at the door.

 

"I said come in! Can't you understand me the first time?" I rolled my eyes.

 

"No. I can't understand Korean if you didn't know." She stomped into the house and closed the door behind her.

 

"Sorry okay! I just forgot." Grunted and ruffled my hair which ended up making some flour fly into the air and making me sneeze again.

 

"You know, if you're trying to go for the baby pink hair, I don't think it would last if you use flour." She snorted.

 

"I know that." I snapped. "Go towards the kitchen." I instructed and she headed towards the said place.

 

"I wasn't even trying to go for the baby pink hair. Stupid Sehun." I mumbled and TianMi whipped her head at me, squinting. "I didn't say anything bad about you." I rolled my eyes.

 

"Pfft. Right." She said in a tone that sounded like she didn't believe me.

 

"It's true." I huffed.

 

"Who would believe y— oh my god. What happened in the kitchen?" She abruptly stopped walking, making me bump into her back. I quickly back up, flustered at the sudden physical contact that didn't seem to affect TianMi. *Maybe it's because she slept with that guy before.* I thought and shook my head to get the thought out of my head.

 

"Well, we sort of got into a Sehun-rubbed-flour-in-my-face fight while trying to figure out how making cookies work. Hence the flour in my hair." I pointed at my slightly faded red hair.

 

"Who are the cookies for?" She asked.

 

"A friend of Sehun's that's coming over from Korea." I answered her.

 

"Aren't they supposed to have school in Korea around this time of the year?"

 

"I don't know. Don't ask me. I never went to school in Korea."

 

"How are you able to speak Korean then?"

 

"That's a very good question..." I thought for a moment, "I guess it's because my mum is best friends with Sehun's mum when she went to college there with my dad and then they wanted me to speak the language too— I don't know, okay?"

 

"Does that mean you know Sehun since he was a kid?" She asked, clearly more curious than she intended to be.

 

"Err... Yeah..." I frowned at her sudden interest.

 

"But why is his Chinese bad?"

 

"Why do you think? He just speaks Korean with me when his parents want him to speak Chinese with me. Also a reason why I'm the only one that mastered Korean before he could even hold long comprehensive conversations in Chinese." I answered her, "Why are you even asking me that? We're suppose to make cookies for Sehun's friend." I frowned at her for distracting me.

 

"Talking 'bout Sehun, where is he?" She looked around for the boy.

 

"He's taking a shower."

 

"Ahh." She uttered, "Help me clean up the place a little and I'll get to work."

 


 

The next day at school was chaotic. Everyone kept pointing fingers at me that I had a hidden girlfriend because of the box of cookies I brought with me. The guys also all tried to steal a cookie the whole day and I had to constantly swat their hands away during lunch. For some reason, girls also started to surround me and stare at me with lovey-dovey eyes that creeped me out. By the end of my classes, I had received at least ten love letters from girls I've never met before, demanding me to be their boyfriend when there's apparently a rumour going on that I had one.

 

The moment I saw Sehun, I ed the box of cookies at him and frantically rubbed my arms to get rid of the goosebumps I had for the whole day.

 

"Dammit Sehun! Why couldn't you be the one carrying that box of cookies around? All the girls are drooling over me for no apparent reason." I snapped at him. I could hear whispers from girls claiming that I was cute for expressing my love for my non-existent girlfriend that I miss to Sehun in a language they couldn't understand.

 

"Oh my god. Where are the guys? We need to be at the airport in two hours." I grumbled.

 

"Here we are!" I heard Yixing say from behind me and Sehun's confused gaze when he looked behind me. I turned around to see the guys and a girl hugging Yixing's arm. "May I present to you, miss Xi LuMi, Tao's girlfriend." Yixing announced to everyone and the girls around tilted their head to the side, not understanding the Korean.

 

"Xi LuMi? Who's she?" I frowned at the girl until my brain finally clicked, "Wait, is that Lu—"

 

"Oh my god~ My Tao~" Luhan said in a girly voice, kissed his hand and put it on my mouth to stop me from what I was going to say. He smiled and me and dragged me out the school with the guys following— almost dying to let out their laugh— and away from those girls that were throwing death glares at Luhan.

 

Once we were far enough from the school, they guys let out the laugh they were holding, including Luhan. I was the only one gagging and wiped my mouth clean of Luhan germs.

 

"Are you really serious Luhan? You just indirectly gave me a kiss! That's gross!" I complained.

 

"As long as my lips don't touch your mouth germs, I'm fine with it." Luhan switched back to his normal voice and rubbed a tissue on the hand he used to stop me from what I said earlier. He demonstrated it again, but with Sehun, leaving the Korean gagging and demanding a tissue to clean his mouth.

 

"Dude, are you gay?" Xiumin asked completely shocked.

 

"No, but are trying to say that you are and want an indirect kiss from me?" Luhan asked, kissing his hand again.

 

"What? No! Get that hand away from me!" Xiumin squeaked when Luhan started running after him.

 

“Why is he dressed like a girl in the first place?” I asked as I watch Xiumin painfully being slapped on the cheek by the hand Luhan kissed.

 

“LUHAN THAT FREAKING HURTS!” Xiumin yelled as he lunged at Luhan for revenge.

 

“Because Luhan made a bet with me, which he lost, and the punishment was that the loser dresses up as a girl and flirt with Sehun’s friend at the airport.” Yixing snickered.

 

“What? So Luhan is really going to flirt with Kai?” Sehun bit his lower lip to stop himself from laughing.

 

“Yeah and since Kris is the techno guy out of all of us, he put a camera in the corner of his fake glasses to record the whole thing.” Yixing tapped the glasses Kris was wearing.

 

“Woah. How did you do that? I wouldn’t have notice it if Yixing didn’t point it out…” Sehun asked Kris. The taller lifted his eyes from his phone and gave Sehun a smirk before returning to his device.

 

“Thank you for ignoring me.” Sehun scoffed.

 

“You’re welcome.” Kris snickered.

 

“What the hell! You just slapped my !” Luhan shrieked and Xiumin doubled in laughter.

 

"That's for slapping my cheek with that hand of yours!" Xiumin yelled.

 

"Shut up guys. We're in public and you two are supposed to be the oldest." Kris snapped at the two and returned his attention to his electronic device.

 

“Where’s Chen by the way?” I asked, looking around for the boy.

 

“He said he needed this book at the library and that he would join us at the airport. He said he wouldn’t want to miss seeing Luhan flirting with…” Yixing looked at Sehun for a moment.

 

“Kai.” Sehun said as he realized Yixing was asking for his friend’s name with that look.


“Yes, Kai. He said he wouldn’t want to miss seeing Luhan flirt with Kai. Shall we depart for the airport my little friends?" Yixing asked everyone and we all headed towards a bus, bothering Sehun for some cookies.



[A/N]

I have come back from the dead! Literally. I won't start ranting about how school was making my life hell, so enjoy this extra long chapter~