(SH) Chapter 17

Contestant Number 1 and 2

A girl waved me over to her table when she saw me hesitating by the door of the cafeteria, lunch in hand. I smiled at her remembering the letter that she had given Chen to give to me, that must be FangShae.

 

I wandered over and the girl eagerly made room for me next to her. Awkwardly clearing my throat, to try to get the girls at the table all to stop staring at me like I was some sort of alien, and began to munch on my sandwhich. It was then when FangShae spoke up.

 

Eh eh,” She cleared her own throat, “Hello?” I let out a small chuckle before responding,

 

“FangShae right?” A wave of giggles broke out among the girls.

 

“Yes, I FangXue. You Sehun?” I smiled nodding, taking another bite of my sandwhich.

 

“Your Korean is nice.” I stated, once finishing my bite.

 

EH?” Maybe her Korean wasn’t that good.

 

Your Korean is nice.” More giggles erupted.

 

So is your Chinese,” Some girl cooed from the other side of the table, I turned to her and bowed my head in thanks.  

 

Shush I want to practice my Korean!” FangShae snapped at the girl before turning to me with an innocent smile. I watched in awe as her personality did a complete 180, but quickly recovered, giving an uncomfortable smile in return.

 

Ok, Why TianMi uh stick,” She grabbed her own arm, gripping it and ungripping it, trying to demonstrate what she meant, “to you.” FangShae ended up pointing at me and cocking her head to the side.

 

“Stay close to me?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Um,” I struggled to put my feelings into simple enough word for the girl. Was this how it felt to speak Chinese with me? “I fancy her, I guess?” I hoped I wouldn’t have to elaborate on fancy.

 

“Fancy?” Yup, I have to elaborate.

 

I like her.” I spoke clearly, looking directly at FangShae, then turned away to eat my sandwich. The whole table was silent in awe, especially FangShae, at my boldness.

 

“You like, her?” FangShae almost sounded offended. I looked at her bewildered, but maybe that was just her attempting Korean, so I brushed it off and nodded. The girl whispered rapidly to her friends something in Chinese, before smirking wildly and turning back to me.

 

I know her,” FangShae ditched the Korean opting for her mother tongue, “I can help you get with her.” Now it was me cocking my head to the side.

 

Really?” As far as I knew TaeMi didn’t have any close friends, but maybe I was wrong.

 

Yes, of course.” FangShae waved off my distrust, “If you come sit with us everyday, I can give you all the tips.” I nodded eagerly, from my limited understanding of Chinese, FangShae had the information that would help me become TaeMi’s boyfriend.

 

Lunch was filled with almost understandable Chinese tips and pointer on how to get TaeMi fall into my arms, or for her to come running into them. The girls at FangShae’s table had plans ranging from simple to complex. But almost all of them sounded way too romanticized to be real.

 

After lunch I decided to skip class and call up my friends from Korea, I knew my mom would force me to at some point in time, even if she was in another country she still had control over me.

 

I told my hyungs all about how much Tao changed, as they knew him from my memories of the Chinese boy. Along with TaeMi, my best friend Kai was quick to mock my feelings for a school girls crush after which I could hear him get punished over the receiver. I told them about FangShae and all her and her friends tips. They were eager to dispute all of them and give all of their advice. Did advice on getting a girl really differ that much between countries?

 

After what seemed like hours of them telling me what to do, I had to hang up, as TaeMi was looking for me. They were sad that our call had to end so ‘soon’ but I promised the wild crowd that I would call later.

 

 


 

School had ended when I entered the library, backpack hanging off one shoulder, and looked for TaeMi. After telling her that I had skipped class she gotten angry and said she would teach me what I had skipped in the library after school, so here I was.

 

TaeMi was sitting at a table near the window by herself, when I saw her, books already scattered about. She was too immersed to even look up when I plopped down next to her.

 

“TaeMi,” I whined when she didn’t even say hi.

 

Why did you skip?” The girl seemed on edge but I didn’t think too much about it.

 

I called friends in Korea.” She nodded and finally looked up, giving me a small forced smile.

 

Where were you at lunch?” TaeMi frowned, “I was going to eat with you but then that jerk.” I cocked my head to the side, what jerk? “Ah nevermind, about that.” She said knowing I was curious. I sat back in my seat after resting my backpack on the table.

 

I was sitting with some friends.” She nodded but still seemed unsatisfied with my answer.

 

I didn’t see you with Tao’s friends.” I sighed,

 

Other friends. Don’t worry, lets study.” I got my books out, and at that point TaeMi gave up on finding out where I was.

 

Tao said something weird today.”
 

“You were with Tao?”

 

“Only for a little bit, but that doesn’t matter. He said something about me, making you happy?”

 

Hmm? He’s weird. He probably tell you crazy things, we fought the last night.”

 

“You guys fought?” I nodded not really paying attention to the conversation, I was trying to read her scrawl. However, TaeMi was taking this conversation way more seriously, because she pulled at my shoulder to get me to face her.

 

I thought you guys never fight.” I just shrugged,

 

We do, everyone fight. A lot because of you.” I went back to my papers, but TaeMi wasn’t done.

 

I don’t want to get in between you guys.”

 

“It’s okay, you mean lot to me.” I smiled at her reassuringly and she frowned but let it go, pointing out that I messed up on a math problem. I groaned and erased the work to try again, stupid ovals.

 

TaeMi and I spent another 30 minutes trying to figure out who was right on this oval problem. I remembered I was asking Jongdae about it before Tao so rudely interrupted me.

 

“I’ll call Jongdae.” I suddenly said, TaeMi looked confused not understanding my Korean. I gave her the ‘1 sec’ finger before fishing out my phone with a smile.

 

“Jongdae hyung!” I cooed.

 

“Ugh what do you want Sehun? Wait why were you with those girls? And why did Tao run after TianMi halfway through lunch?” What about TaeMi and Tao? Was that when those two talked and Tao told TaeMi fibs? I’ll ask the girl later right now I need to focus on ovals.

 

“Nevermind that hyung, I need you to explain to me ovals. TaeMI tried to explain it to me but I couldn’t understand all the Chinese. Chinese is hard hyuuung!” TaeMi looked up hearing her name, eyeing me curiously, while I just smiled at her reassuringly.

 

“This is why you shouldn’t have hung up on me last night,” Jongdae was about to drone on but I interrupted him with a gasp.

 

“Oops! I forgot you're one of Tao’s things!”

 

“Things?” Jongdae asked, probably really confused at my sudden outburst.

 

“Got to go hyung!”

 

“Sehu-” I cut him off by hanging up before I would have to explain what I meant to him.

 

What happened.”

 

“He no help, sorry.” I was quick to give TaeMi an excuse, and the girl was quick to accept it.

 

A few hours of studying and I was ready to drop dead, it was difficult to learn from TaeMi when I only half understood her. We had agreed to go out to eat together in a little bit, but first the girl had to go to the bathroom.

 

After she left, promising to be quick, I stretched my arms up above my head when I felt a familiar tickle on my wrist. I brought the bracelet down in front of my face. It was the same skull bracelet I wore everyday since I revived it from all those years ago from Tao. I scoffed looking at the worn thread. I tugged at the bracelets double knot tightening system, it easily came loose and I stared at it one last time before carelessly dropping it into my backpack.

 

Its not like Tao would notice me not wearing it or anything.

 

TaeMi was anything but quick. It had been well over fifteen minutes since she had left. Suddenly the memories of her being beat up in the bathroom flashed in my head and I bolted out of the library to the bathroom she had gone to the last two times. I would have thought the girl would learn to go to another bathroom.

 

I stopped mid sprint, almost tripping over my toes. TaeMi was standing, back facing me, near the wall of the hallway. I took a deep breath, full of relief, the girl was fine. It was only then I noticed she was talking to someone, another boy to be exact. I stood in the middle of the hallway staring them down while they spoke in hushed tones.

 

The boy looked angry at TaeMi and was having trouble keeping his tone down. He ended up grabbing the girl’s wrist, yanking her by the arm, making TaeMi cry out. I was about to lunge for the two to grab TaeMi away, but she quickly pulled herself free from the guy and spun to get away from him. That is when I was met with her crying face, our eyes meeting, her eyes went wide in shock. She opened to say something in defence of her tears but the guy spoke up first,

 

Who the hell are you?” The guy was gruff and demanding.

 

Why you make TaeMi cry?” I countered back, glaring at him, trying my best to be intimidating.

 

She loves me!” He yelled back, snickering. I whipped my head to look at TaeMi, too shocked to really say anything back to the guy. The girl cringed and tried to look as small as possible.

 

Sehun don’t bother him, let’s go eat.” She came to me pleading, holding onto my hand trying to intertwine our fingers, but I yanked my hand away.

 

What is he saying?”

 

“He’s no one Sehun! I promise!” She cried, pleading with me. But if he was nothing, why was he claiming the she loved him.

 

“We even slept together!” I looked to the guy, a smirk was evident on his face. Had he just said what I thought he had?

 

“TaeMi,” I was confused.

 

“He’s the guy from my first year. Sehun,” She tried grabbing my hand again, this time I let her and she held my arm resting her forehead on my upper arm, trying to calm down. I took a deep breath, so that’s who that was.

 

Let’s go TaeMi.” I spun, the girl still holding my arm, and started walking. TaeMi tripped on her feet trying to keep up with my hurried pace. I was surprised, but glad, that the guy didn’t try to follow us. I held on to the girls hand still holding onto my arm, and squeezed it lightly.

 

She likes it rough in bed for your information!” The guy yelled out making me stop and let go of TaeMI. The color drained from the girl’s face, and most likely mine also. I turned back but it seemed like the guy had left, so instead I gave my shocked face to TaeMi.

 

Tears streaked down her face, and she let out a choked sob. I didn’t know what to say, honestly, or do. I slowly and numbly reached up to TaeMi’s grip on my arm and pried her fingers off of my arm. This action only made her sob harder and try to hold on even more.

 

No,” She cried, “Sehun!” The girl shook her head and kept repeating no. I barely heard her over my own thoughts, staring down at the ground. She kept grabbing at my arm and I kept ripping off her hands.

 

“Stop!” I yelled, yanking my arm away completely, opting to stand a few meters away from her. Her arms remained frozen reaching out for me. “Stop.” I whispered, still fuming.

 

I finally looked up to see Tao. He looked shocked, confused, worried. TaeMi continued to sob loudly, while Tao and I stared at each other.


I finally gave up, speeding past Tao, away from TaeMi, and bumped into Tao’s shoulder on my way past.



[A/N]

OOOOOMYYYYGOSSSSSHHHHH