(SH) Chapter 25

Contestant Number 1 and 2

HOLY COW A DOUBLE UPDATE! Actully 24 has been done for like 2 days but SHINeeTurtle is too lazy to post it so I have to do it if I want it up. Enjoy!

 

 

 



I had called Kai during lunch to talk to him, apologize and such. I got a good talking to and I promised to meet him after school.

 

"Jonginnie!" I called out. He said to meet him at some fried chicken store but I didn't see him around. The only person in front of the store was some dude with a weird sun hat....

 

"Kai why are you wearing that?" I stopped behind him. He turned and gave me a weird creepy smile.

 

"You like it?" Kai tipped the sun hat, "I borrowed it from Auntie," he beamed, to which I only responded to with a frown and crossing my hands. "Aw you're no fun Hunnie."

 

"And you're a weirdo." I sat down next to him. "So what did you do today?"

 

"Ate chicken," he sighed rubbing his belly.

 

"That's it?" He nodded. "Fatso." I scoffed.

 

"Sehun you're so moody. You were never like this back in Korea!"

 

"I'm just stretched thin I guess. I'm failing school because I don't understand a thing. And Jongdae keeps getting on my back about it. Plus this whole thing with TaeMi and Tao. I didn't have this kind of stress in Korea."

 

"China was supposed to be fun. You were always so excited talking about the good ol' times with Tao," Kai lightly punched Sehun's shoulder. I nodded,

 

"Yeah. I was really excited to come here and go to school with Tao."

 

"I think you bit of more than you can chew," Kai sighed, I'm sure he didn't like saying that, but he was right.

 

"I think so. I really underestimated Chinese school," I groaned and let my forehead fall onto Kai's shoulder. He grabbed my neck and started rubbing his fist on my head, giving me a hard nuggie.

 

"Hyuuuuuung," I whined, his nuggies were the worst. Kai let me go while laughing.

 

"Don't be so down Hunnie. Everything will work out in the end!"

 

We ended up walking around town. I honestly had no idea where we were, I hadn't gone around town that much, but weirdly Kai knew where we were. Apparently in the two days he has been here, he's explored a bunch. I guess it's because he's here to vacation.

 

We hit the bubble tea store and we were walking home when I heard someone calling my name.

 

"Sehun! Sehun!" I turned to see FangShae, dragging some guy behind her.

 

"Why you stop me? We are not friends." I stopped and crossed my arms.

 

"Who's this?" Kai whispered in my ear.

 

"FangShae..." I answered and he nodded. "She's the one that's mean to TaeMi."

 

"Ohhhh and by the way your Chinese !" Kai snickered to himself and I elbowed him in the stomach.

 

"Awww Sehun, you're so mean."

 

"Says you," Kai scoffed, if only he knew the half of what she did to TaeMi.

 

"Who are you?" FangShae sized Kai up, looking from head to toe and back up again. "A friend of Sehun's?" She cooed.

 

"FangXue lets go!" The guy came from behind FangShae and glared at me.

 

"YOU!" I yelled pointing at him right in the face. He scoffed at me and grabbed FangShae's hand.

 

Kai put his hand on my shoulder,

 

"I got this Hunnie," he cleared his throat.

 

"You two need to back the off. Obviously Sehun doesn't like you, and from what I have heard you two were the worst of the worst to TianMi. And as both TianMi and Sehun's friend I am going to tell you guys to leave before I call Tao to go all wushu on your butts!" Kai was panting from speaking too long without breathing and was panting heavily. I just looked at him wide eyed. Kai's Chinese was amazing!

 

As big as my eyes were, FangShae and that a**hole's were bigger. I don't think they were expecting him to be so good.

 

Who-who are you!?” FangShae was stunned to say the least.

 

Sehun’s Gege now get out of here!” Kai swatted her away and she grabbed the guy’s hand and left quickly.

 

"Only Sehun's Gege? Are you that little Mimi's friend too? I bet you haven't even met her once." FangShae retorted, flinging the guy's hand away.

 

"Excuse me, but I did meet her. She's a million times more polite and pretty than you are and she even tried introducing herself in Korean despite not even using correct grammar."

 

“I know Korean! Right Sehun! Tell him that one time at lunch!” Her arms flung about and I scoffed, there was no way I was helping her.

 

I not know what you talking about.” I crossed my arms. She groaned in frustration,

 

“Koean is easy!” Kai and I almost fell over in laughter when she couldn’t even say Korean properly.

 

“Omo! It seems you !” Kai covered his mouth with his hand.

 

Sehun’s Chinese isn’t any better!” That guy scoffed and nodded his head at me. I scoffed and was ready to rush the guy when Kai grabbed my arm holding me back.

 

Why did you even approach us if you were just going to behave like children!” Kai growled.

 

Have nothing to say to defend your little puppy?” FangShae laughed. Did she just call me a puppy? I wish I could hit a girl!

 

"Hah. It would take ten years to enumerate how awesome Sehun's Chinese compared to your ‘Koean’." Kai retorted and presented me with his hand, "Give me your phone Hun."

 

"Uh? Why give you my phone?" I said in Chinese to make sure the two understood.

 

"Cause we need some wushu to get these two pests away." Kai smirked, understanding why I switched languages.

 

I quickly handed over my phone after unlocking it and the unwanted two exchanged a worried glance by the time Kai raised the phone to his ear.

 

"Hello? Tao?" Kai started.

 

FangShae and the guy were already a block away before Kai said anything else.

 

Kai chuckled and brushed the non existent dust off his shoulder in contempt, handing my phone. He hadn’t even dialed Tao and the trick worked. The fear of Tao was real in those two.

 

“So are you going to tell me who that guy was?” Kai put his free hand in his pocket and took a sip of bubble tea.

 

“Those two are the two that hurt TaeMi a bunch when they were first years. They still harass her now.” I mumbled.

 

“Poor girl,” Kai sighed and shook his head. “This is why you need to protect her Sehun not hurt her.”

 

“I know hyung. I want to help her but every time I make an effort something goes wrong.” I took a sip of my own taro bubble tea.

 

“You have horrible luck.”

 

“Tell me about it.” I kicked a rock on the pavement. When I looked up I realized we were near the noodle store. It came up on my right. I tried to look in without making Kai suspicious.

 

When I looked I almost choked on my spit. Tao and TaeMi were sitting and talking. While I was here with Kai sulking and complaining the two were hanging out.

 

I thought Tao really hated her. But from the way he has been acting recently and now seeing the two like this, maybe I have been just deluding myself from the truth.

 

The truth that the two of them might be closer than I had thought. Closer to each other than I am to either of them.

 

Maybe I will end up fading away as a third wheel. Watching them be all friendly while I mope around.

 

I don’t want to be that way.

 

But why do I feel like it is too late for me to change anything?

 

“-un? Sehun?” Kai waved his hand in front of my face and I blinked heavily.

 

“What?”

 

“I was talking and you just kept staring forward not responding. Am I really that boring?” He whined, I can’t believe this baby is older than both me and Tao.

 

“Sorry I got distracted.” I took a sip of my bubble tea, avoiding his worrying gaze.

 

“It’s okay. Just don’t do it again?” Kai smiled. He pulled out his phone when Bar Bar Bar started playing loudly from the device. I cocked an eyebrow while he answered it and he just shrugged at me in response.

 

“Hello?” Kai rolled his eyes and pulled the phone away from his ear and put it on speaker. “You are on speaker now.”

 

“Sehun? Are you there?” I now realized why Kai was rolling his eyes now, so I proceeded to do the same.

 

“Yeah.” I pulled Kai closer to the random building we were standing by to get out of the way.

 

“Oh good! We were sure you two were busy yesterday so we waited til today to call.” Baekhyun voiced out.

 

“Where is everyone else? Your voice is making me sick.” Kai mocked invoking a scoff from Baekhyun.

 

“You little brat.” He mumbled before someone else came on.

 

“Sehun has Kai been behaving?” Suho asked.

 

“You should ask that the other way around, Sehun is so mean to me,” Kai faked sobbed and I smacked him upside the head.

 

“All good over here.”

 

“And Kai have you been a good hyung? Clearing our little maknae’s conscious?”

 

“Gee Suho you talk about him like he is a baby.” Chanyeol piped up.

 

“They are all babies compared to grandpa Suho here.” Kyungsoo said flatly earning an explosion of laughter from both sides of the line, well except Suho that it.

 

“I am glad to see the hyungs are going fine without us.” Kai commented after the laughter dissipated.

 

“Well by the sound of Kai’s joking, things are well over in China?” Chanyeol asked. I stiffened a bit and Kai side eyed me, giving me a comforting pat on the back.

 

“Well nothing is on fire yet so that would be true.” Kai joked.

 

“I thought I told you not to bring that up Kamjong!” Kyungsoo all but yelled into the receiver. The people on the sidewalk glared at us.

 

“I’m hanging up. I was worried but I see now that I had no reason to be.” Suho sounded angry but he doesn’t hold grudges long. There was a small protest from Baekhyun before the line went dead.

 

“They are so annoying every time they call,” Kai groaned.

 

“Well now you know how it feels when you called before.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Why do I suddenly feel less sorry when it is done to you?” Kai joked and I slapped him in the shoulder.

 

“You’re mean”

 

“And you’re weird.” Kai winked at me, I made a choking noise that soon dissolved into laughter.

 

****

 

Kai and I walked back home quickly after the phone call because my feet really hurt and Kai called me a baby.

 

When we got home Kai fell asleep like a log on Tao’s bed, it seems he was a lot more tired than he let on. Bonus Tao was in the shower and not able to bother us.

 

I was sitting at Tao’s desk working on my homework when I heard the bathroom door open then close. Next thing I knew Tao was in his room.

 

I turned in the chair making some awkward eye contact with him before he cleared his throat and we both looked away. Tao took a glance at Kai snoring and drooling on his sheets and groaned.

 

He put on a shirt and ripped up jeans before leaving. Not saying a word to me. But I didn’t break the silence either.

 

“Hmm not his pajamas?” I asked no one in particular. I looked out the window that was near the desk. I really didn’t feel like deciphering my homework right now, or ever really.

 

I saw a light come on on the porch. I tilted my head to the side. Auntie didn’t usually leave that on during the night unless one of us are going out. In the next moment, Tao exited the house and left the yard, closing the gate behind him, answering my curiosity.

 

“So that’s why he changed into those clothes.” I narrowed my eyes, watching him turn right down the sidewalk.


“Where are you going Gege?” I sighed watching him disappear down the sidewalk.



[A/N]

I almost got beaten to a pulp from my last AN sooooo. But yeah, she will probably start 26 either tonight or tomorrow so updates will still be coming regularly! Im gonna learn to play hockey!