(SH) Chapter 9

Contestant Number 1 and 2

“TaeMi!” I ran to catch up to the girl. I swung my arm over her shoulder causing her to look up at me and smile.

 

Hi Sehun.” She said, making my grin stretch to my ears.


 

“TaeMi, lets be best friend!” I walked along side the girl, Tao lagging behind, grumbling to himself.

Isn’t Tao your best friend?” She looked back, but only received a scoff from the sulking boy.

I have many best friend.” I waved her off, “You be girl best friend.


 

“TaeMi~ can call me oppa?” I asked nicely.

 

“Oppa?” I nodded biting my lower lip. “Sehun oppa?” TaeMi asked in a quiet unsure voice.

 

“Ah! You’re so cute!” I squealed, I was going to enjoy this.

 

Wha-” Tao came up and pushed in between us. I don’t know why because there was a bunch of space on either side of TaeMi and I. He’s been extremely grumpy since we walked TaeMi home last night. “Rude.” TaeMi said under her breath.

 

I know! Tao ge is mean!" I pouted, but soon started to laugh lightly along with TaeMi.

 


 

I sauntered into the cafeteria, with TaeMi in tow behind him.

 

“She is sitting with us.” I stated boldly, finding the boys sitting at their regular table. All six of them looked at me wide eyed. Luhan was quick to make space for the two of us, smiling at TaeMi. Maybe she could be accepted with us.

 

“God Sehun, going to drag that girl along with you everywhere you go?” Tao huffed, obviously a little angry.

 

“We are best friend’s now, and best friends spend time together,” I stuck my tongue out at him.

 

“I think it’s fine that she sits with us.” Luhan spoke up, “it will bring some feminine air to this testosterone filled table.” He smirked.

 

“You are so gross,” Kris didn’t bother to look up from his lunch.

 

“Why can’t we give the girl a chance, without any hidden intentions,” Lay glared at Luhan, causing the elder to shrug.

 

“Can we speak in Chinese? To include TaeMi?” I felt bad that they were all talking about her, while she sat next to me, not understanding a word.

 

“Oh you want us to criticize her in Chinese?” Tao eyed the girl, “I can do that.” Tao was about to say something when he got elbowed in the ribs. Tao hyung looked to the sleeping boy next to him, Minseok must have woke up long enough to hear Tao being mean, and punish him, before falling asleep again.

 

So TianMi,” Jongdae tried to attract everyones attention away from the seething Tao, “You are sitting with us now.” He smiled reassuringly.

 

I feel like I’m a burden here, I only came because I promised Sehun.” TaeMi picked at her lunch.

 

Stay, everyone is fine with it. Right guys?” Lay asked the table, all of them nodding, even the usually asleep Minseok, except Tao. But Jongdae on the other side of Tao, gripped his head, forcing him to nod, much to his disapproval.

 

Thank you,” She said in a small voice. I felt my face heat up, oh she is so cute!

 

Lunch passed by quickly, unless you are Tao, who seemed to be uncomfortable the whole time. Everyone was really nice to TaeMi, which made me happy, made her happy. I think it was the first time she had sat with friends at lunch in a long time. Hopefully the first of many.

 


 

I let my head flop down onto my book. A girly laugh erupted next to me, until someone hushed her.

 

You are so mean.” I whined sitting back up.

 

No, I’m fair. You don’t ask your teacher to give you the right answers, oppa.”

 

I no ask you to teach me Chinese” I pouted, wiggling around in my chair.

 

Well Chen said you were difficult to teach so he passed the honor on to me. Aren’t I lucky?” I could tell she was being sarcastic with me just from her tone. “I understand why now. You need motivation!”

 

“Motivation?” I had no idea what TaeMi was talking about but if this motivation could help me learn Chinese without any hard work, I could try.

 

Hmm, inspiration?” She tried another word, I was still a little confused so I pointed to her phone,

 

Google.” TaeMi chuckled and typed in what she ment into Google translate.

 

“Motivation. Ohh,” She pulled the phone away and typed something else into the device, “You can’t use Google translate to solve all your prob- hey! I not!”

 

“I am not.” TaeMi corrected me patiently. “Sehun,” she asked.

 

Yes?”

 

“What does oppa mean?” I looked at her wide eyed, I probably should have seen this one coming if I was going to ask her to call me oppa. But I couldn’t resist the temptation, I knew it was to easy!

 

“Oppa~” She cooed, oh god. “If you don’t tell me I’ll just ask Luhan.” Those two had become pretty good friends in the short time we all sat together today at lunch. But if Luhan found out I asked TaeMi to call me oppa, I would be in deep doodoo.

 

No! Not Luhan!” I almost yelled, earning a glare from the librarian, who was already quite annoyed with us. “No tell Luhan.” I crossed my arms in an X shape, to emphasize my point, but this just made TaeMi laugh and probably more curious.

 

Tell me then!” She poked my arm. I groaned, trying to find the right Chinese.

 

Close boy friend.”

 

“Boyfriend?” I nodded in agreement. TaeMi blushed deeply, soon bringing up her hand to fan herself off. “I didn’t agree to that!”

 

“Agree to what?” I asked innocently, but she glared at me.

 

“Boy friend as in guy friend or boy friend as in boyfriend?” She stopped fanning herself suddenly and leaned in to ask. I grinned,

 

“Boy friend as in boy friend.” TaeMi groaned,

 

You really need to work on your Chinese.”

 

“You no like boy friend? You like boyfriend?” I raised my eyebrows in hesitation, hoping she understood me.

 

Wha-!” TaeMi was about to say something but I cut her off by pecking her on the cheek. Her hand flew to her face, cupping the cheek I kissed. She looked surprised, but at least she wasn’t angry?

 

“Sehun.” I turned to the voice coming from the other side of the table. Tao.

 

“Hyung,” I looked up at him, he was fuming. I could almost see steam coming out of his ears.

 

“I let you friend her and look what you are doing. TianMi, you tricked him into this, didn’t you?” I stood ready to defend the girl, but I stopped when I felt her cold hand wrap around mine. I looked at her, she was glaring at the angry Tao, equally upset. She gripped my hand and stood,

 

Lets talk about this outside the library, Tao.” I was worried to say the least, I wanted to help, but it seemed, as usual, there was something I didn’t understand.

 

Oppa, pack up your stuff, I’ll meet you and Tao at the gates.” She looked at me one last time before walking off.

 

I cringed when I heard TaeMi call me oppa, as much as I liked it before, right now wasn’t the perfect time to call me that, and I feel like TaeMi understood that. I tore my eyes away from the girl exiting the library to see Tao glaring at me.

 

“Oppa?” His tone was harsh, making me wince and flinch.

 

“Hyung,” I tried to explain but he stormed off before I could say more. I was in so much trouble. Hopefully not a beatings worth, I wasn’t planning on limping around for a week.

 

I quickly scrambled to shove all my stuff in my bag. I almost tripped on my way out, in the hustle, and earned another dirty look from the librarian, I’m sure I would be kicked out if I wasn’t already leaving.

 

I picked up my pace when I entered the halls. school had gotten out an hour ago, but there was still a lot of students around, so good think I perfected my duck and weave technique.

 

I was panting heavily when I arrived at the gate. Luckily I had beat Tao to TaeMi at the gate. I ran up to TaeMi and grabbed her arm.

 

What you thinking!?”

 

“Sehun, he is never going to stop giving me trouble until I make myself clear.”

 

“You already tell him!” I yelled.

 

But he obviously doesn’t get it!” TaeMi matched my volume. Suddenly she broke and tears came rushing out and down her cheeks. “It isn’t my fault, I loved him! None of this was my fault! But now, I live in hell everyday because I made one bad decision!”

 

“Loved who?” I asked, completely confused, “Tao?” I asked worried.

 

What no. Some jerk senior when I was a freshman.” TaeMi wiped away her wet cheeks with the back of her hands. I could almost feel a weight lift off my shoulders. I held on to her arm, thanking her in my head.

 

TaeMi was about to yank her arm away when I was knocked away from her. Tao gripped my collar, shoving me against the brick pillar holding the gate. My head hit against the brick harshly making my head throb.

 

“Sehun. I keep telling you to stay away from her. Why do you keep not listening to me?” Tao almost sounded sad. I was really having trouble keeping my head up, my head felt heavy. TaeMi watched us worriedly, I was scaring her.

 

“Tao…” I mumbled, everything was becoming hazy. I could feel the back of my head throbbing. I must have hit that brick really hard.

 

Tao loosened his grip a little, confused about why I was acting weird, but didn’t let go.”

 

Blood!” TaeMi screeched, was she looking at the back of my head?

 

Suddenly Tao’s grip on my shirt released completely and i dropped to the ground. TaeMi ran over to me grabbing my head, surveying the damage. I saw Tao fall to the ground, his nose bleeding.

 

“Sehun are you okay?”

 

“Minseok hyung?” I asked dazed.

 

TianMi what happened?” Minseok turned the her seeing that I wasn’t very responsive.

 

Tao slammed him against the brick, I think he hit his head really hard. Oppa?” She called, making Minseok stop and look at the two of us before brushing it off, there were more important matters at hand. He tilted my head back looking at the scrape.

 

It’s bad but it doesn’t look deep.”

 

Minseok hyung, why are you talking funny?” I asked reaching for him. Tao finally came to the realization of what he had done and rushed over to my side. But TaeMi wouldn’t have it,

 

This is all your fault!” She screamed at him, tears flowing once more. “You are always dragging Sehun down!”

 

TianMi, it’s not the time to go blaming people,” Minseok tried to calm her down while also watching over me. We must be a lot of trouble for hyung.

 

It is my fault though, Sehun-ah I’m sorry.” Tao reached out for me, but TaeMi glared at him, and he stopped. “I’ll call an ambulance.” Tao stood and walked a little ways away before reaching for his phone.

 

 

Everyone is going to be okay.” Minseok reassured us, but it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself.

 

I grasped the air for TianMi’s hand. She noticed and received my hand, smiling.

 

She mumbled something under her breath, but I was really sleepy and couldn’t stay awake.

 

The ambulance soon arrived and in the hustle and bustle, only two people got on the vehicle with me. The medic guys kept asking me questions and asking me to stay awake, but it was really hard. After being fully strapped down and ready to leave for the hospital, I realized Tao wasn’t there.


“Minseok hyung, where is Tao?” It looked like Minseok just noticed also.



[AN]

I was quick? 

Omg Sehun is injured! I assure you that Tao is not a bad guy! And it will be at least an week before I can finish Tao's chapter. Sorry~