(SH) Chapter 21

Contestant Number 1 and 2

DOUBLE UPDATE! GO BACK AND READ CHAP 20 IF YOU HAVEN'T YET!

 

 

 


"Luhan weren't you going to drive me?" I whined after almost falling over again when the bus jerked. The bus was super full when we all arrived it was Minseok and Luhan hyung that got the seats while the rest stood. Some auntie keeps staring at me and it’s freaking me out. Luhan cleared his throat and started speaking in a manner that matched his girly outer appearance,

 

"That was before it became a family affair!"

 

"What family?" Lay asked, he seemed genuinely confused. I just rolled my eyes and Kris elbowed me,

 

"I think that lady is staring at you," he whispered to me, I just grunted in response.

 


 

 

Lay hyung was nice enough to make a sign, he pulled it out of his bag when we got to the arrivals section. His handwriting was quite bad but Kai had awful handwriting too so I'm sure he could understand his own species.

 

"Hunnie!" There was a loud Korean yell, not much later after we arrived, causing all of us to look up. Kai had his arms in the air and was smiling. His sunglasses were hiding half of his face it seemed and he was well dressed, looking cool as always. To be honest Kai hyung was one of my closest hyungs, that is after Tao.

 

"Jonginnie!" I ran to his open arms and we hugged, his hugs were always strong so I almost died. I dragged him over to the lost looking Chinese fellows I came with.

 

"Kai hyung these are Tao ge's friends." I smiled, Kai bowed politely.

 

"Hello, my name is Kai," Kai spoke better Chinese than me but I would never admit that out loud.

 

Tao stepped forward, bowing,

 

"I am Tao, this is Minseok hyung, Lay hyung, Kris hyung, and lastly," Tao pointed to each one as he spoke but when he got to Luhan he paused, not really sure what to say.

 

"This is LuMi," I spoke up, Luhan smiled shyly. Oh god he is actually trying! Kris snickered going back to his phone.

 

"There is one more, Jongdae, but he is a study nut so he couldn't make it," Minseok smiled.

 

"It's nice to meet all of you, I hope we can speak comfortably with each other," Kai took of his sunglasses and smiled at Luhan. Everyone but Kai and Luhan started laughing, if this keeps up I'm never going to stop laughing.

 

Luhan stepped closer to Kai,

 

"Your Chinese is very good," Luhan giggled, I'm gonna throw up, so greasy.

 

"You are too used to Sehun's crap he claims as Chinese. I'm not that good." Kai was a natural talker, it honestly annoyed me that I could only make out my name. I smacked Kai knowing he must of said something poor about me seeing Luhan laugh at me like that.

 

"Seems like I should start speaking Korean before Sehun gets too jealous," Kai winked and Tao made gagging noises, thank you ge.

 

"Come on let's go eat, I'm paying," I smiled grabbing Luhan and Kai.

 

"Ah yeah Kai," Luhan yanked himself away from me, I scoffed letting go of Kai also. He reached into my backpack and pulled out the cookies. He giggled shyly handing them over, "these are for you."

 

"Thanks LuMi!" He ruffled Luhan's hair, and Lay coughed awkwardly to cover up his laugh. I grabbed Kris's arms and whispered to him,

 

"This is gross I'm gonna barf."

 

"Aw come on a little longer." He laughed and I rolled my eyes. We walked to a hot pot place across the street from the airport. We all sat in a huge corner booth. Tao sat on the edge next to  me then Kai who was sitting way too close to Luhan. Then there was Minseok hyung, Lay ge, and lastly Kris.

 

"Jongdae texted, he should be here in ten minutes with TianMi," Lay put away his phone, and Kris scanned the menu, surprisingly not on his phone. I sighed, TaeMi was coming, how am I supposed to after the lunch incident?

 

"We should just get the spicy seafood one," Kai offered.

 

"I can't eat shellfish," Luhan whimpered. Lay rolled his eyes,

 

"I don't like spicy things!"

 

"Okay how about two orders of the regular beef one then?" Tao asked, everyone agreed and we put in the order when the waitress came.

 


 

When Jongdae arrived he sat next to Kris on the end, while TaeMi shyly sat next to Tao on the other end. Jongdae hyung threw a plastic bag over to Luhan, and the guy excused himself from Kai, awkwardly squeezing himself between everyone and the table.

 

"You missed it Jongdae, Luhan is changing now."

 

"Aw I know but I really needed that book. Plus I brought TianMi." Jongdae whined, upset he missed Luhan flirting with Kai.

 

"You are Jongdae?" Kai asked, ignoring the the conversation about Luhan probably in his confusion. "I am Kai, nice to meet you," Kai bowed, Jongdae bowed in return, nodding.

 

"I TaeMi," TaeMi spoke up trying to get Kai's attention, but instead getting everyone's attention. "What?" She asked at everyone's stares.

 

"Oh my gosh TianMi your Korean so cute! I'm going to die!" Minseok pretended to faint holding his heart. I awkwardly shuffled closer to Kai not sure about what terms TaeMi and I were on.

 

"Nice to meet you, TianMi. Sehun talks about you a lot." TaeMi looked at me, unsure, but I just ignored her glance and reached for the glass of water in front of me.

 

"Hyung," I whined. Kai winked at me and I hit him.

 

"Ah so I don't need to speak Korean?" She laughed awkwardly rubbing her neck behind her hair.

 

"Whenever he calls back he always talks about you." TaeMi looked at me questioningly, but I looked away.

 

"Back!" Luhan returned wearing some jeans and a flannel.

 

"I'm confused," Kai had his eyes wide in shock. Luhan had also taken off the makeup and the extensions in his honey hair.

 

"Close your mouth hot stuff," Luhan winked and scooted into his seat, passed the gawking Kai.

 

All of us were laughing at the awkward situation and the helpless Kai.

 

"Hi TianMi! Kai I guess I should formally introduce myself, I'm Luhan, not LuMi."

 

"Where did LuMi go?" We all laughed at lost Kai, TaeMi joining in not really at the conversation but Kai's silly expressions. I snuck a glance at her when she wasn't looking, I didn't really know what to do. When she was over making cookies I stayed upstairs, so we didn't see each other.

 

"Luhan lost a bet with me so his punishment was to dress like a girl and flirt with you," Lay laughed, speaking in Chinese so TaeMi could understand.

 

Kai nodded slowly, trying to sort his thoughts.

 

"So this whole time I've been flirting with Luhan and there is no LuMi?"

 

"Yes Kai, you're so slow!" I sighed, it wasn't really that funny anymore watching the poor guy struggle, but he just whacked me.

 

"Honestly that doesn't really change anything," Kai yawned stretching his arms up and put one arm around Luhan. Luhan looked at him shocked and Kai winked.

 

Luhan jumped out of his seat trying to climb over Minseok to get away from Kai. Minseok laughs and shoves Luhan back at Kai, causing him to make smoochy faces at Luhan. Luhan honestly looked like he was gonna cry, but then his face lit up like a lightbulb and he smirked.

 

Kai looked confused, he was probably purposely trying to get a reaction out of Luhan, but with Luhan's scary look, it seems the tables were turned.

 

The older Chinese hyung kissed his hand, oh great this again, I sighed. He smacked it onto Kai's lips.

 

"Gah! Chinese cross dressing cooties!" Kai yelled and the whole table erupted in laughter. Even lost TaeMi.

 

"What? What did he say? Why am I laughing?" TaeMi asked the table, Kai still rubbing his face.

 

"He said ‘Chinese cross dressing cooties’," Tao, the first to calm down enough to make coherent sentences, explained, causing TaeMi to laugh.

 

The food soon arrived and Kai tried to start a conversation that didn't involve laughing at him and Luhan.

 

"So TianMi, are you and Sehun dating? That's what he made it sound like," TaeMi started choking on her food, and I glared at Kai.

 

"What did you say?" I sneered.

 

"I asked if you were dating," Kai shrugged reaching for more food. I whacked him on top of his head, so hard he almost hit his forehead on the cup in front of him.

 

"Don't say useless stuff like that!" I whispered, Minseok was peering at me while the others were too invested in the food to notice me nearly beat Kai to death there on the spot.

 

"Uh we aren't, yet," TaeMi spoke up, and the whole table stopped what they were doing to stare at her. She looked down pushing the food on her plate around with her chopsticks.

 

"Yet?" Tao asked, shocked.

 

"TaeMi!" I yelled and she glared at me, standing up, slamming her chopsticks down.

 

"Sehun lets talk, outside." She stood up and stormed out of the restaurant.

 

"Well, crap Hun you're in a boat load of trouble," Kai commented in everyone's silence, shoving a piece of meat in his mouth. I groaned smacking my forehead with my palm.

 

I stood scooting past Tao, to follow TaeMi out.

 

"Fighting!" Luhan yelled after me, making me hang my head down lower.

 

“TaeMi,” I mumbled once we got outside of the restaurant. She was facing toward the street, arms crossed in annoyance. I stood next to her, not looking up from my hands.

 

Why were you sitting with her?” TaeMi finally looked at me, but it was more than just a look, it was an intense stare, one full of anger and confusion. “I didn’t say anything when I was over yesterday because it was obvious you were avoiding me…” She mumbled.

 

I sighed, this language barrier was really getting in the way.

 

I didn’t know. She approach me!” TaeMi groaned.

 

She is the reason why I am treated like by everyone at school, and you talked to her! You made friends with her and her groupies!”

 

TaeMi! I not pry on your past, so I not know who she is! I’m sorry, okay!” I panting from full out screaming; her fuming, steam almost coming out from her ears.

 

I just trying to get away from Tao! We fight!”

 

“I know you guys fought. And I understand if you wanted space after fighting… But I thought we could eat lunch together, alone.” TaeMi stared down at her feet, mumbling.

 

Like alone?” I asked, double checking my Chinese, she nodded.

 

I though since we are closer now, that the two of us could spend lunch together.”

 

“I love!” I grabbed at her shoulders, shaking them till she looked up at me, confused a bit. A huge grin ate at my face.

 

“What?”

 

“I love eat together!” TaeMi was silent for a moment, soaking in my blotchy Chinese, and when it hit her, a small shy smile etched across her face.

 

Just promise not to talk to her again,” She tilted her head to the side. My eyes turned to slits with my famous eye smile. I took up her hand in my own, I peeled out her pinkie from the tight fist she had made. I wrapped our pinkies together,

 

Promise.”

 

We headed back into the restaurant and I scooted my way back to my seat, past Tao, and next to  Kai. TaeMi sat back down next to Tao. I watched him lean into her side and whisper in her ear. She smiled and nodded at what ever he had said. I grew a bit angry watching the two converse privately, but was soon pulled back into the conversation when Kai started mocking my Chinese.



[A/N]

I feel bad, we had 20 done for a while and didn't notice we hadn't put it up. By the time we noticed I had aready had most of this chapter done... Sorry bout that. But we are both on summer break now! I have a one shot coming out later today, and SHINeeTurtle is working on the last chapter of her first ongoing fic. I think the two of us will be writing more collabs in the future. Don't worry~ CN1&2 still has a ways to go!