(HT) Chapter 6

Contestant Number 1 and 2

It was about half a hour later when Sehun stopped suffocating me, so that he could sleep on the bed with me. He was fast asleep and hogging most of the covers. I groaned as I got off the bed and took out the extra blankets and pillow from my closet. It was pretty hard doing that in the dark without accidentally running into the edge of my bed or punching the closet's door knob.

 

I tried laying the things on the floor without much noise, but my phone started blasting loudly in the room. I quickly grabbed it and turned off the sound before it could wake anyone up. I then stared blankly at the unknown number on the screen. Who the hell would call me this late?

 

A few seconds later, the screen went black and the phone stopped vibrating. I was about to throw it to the side when the screen suddenly lit up again; it was the same unknown number. *It must be something urgent if this person keeps calling me.* I thought before accepting the call.

 

"Sehun! Can you bring me an umbrella? I'm at the city's library and it's raining heavily. Thanks!" A female voice requested before I could say anything.

 

She hung up as fast as she talked. I stared at my phone bewildered. A girl was telling me – no, not me but Sehun – to pick her up at the library with an umbrella at one in the morning. Since when did Sehun talked with girls other than TianMi? Wait, was it possible that it was TianMi? Why does she even have my number in the first place? I swear this brat has a lot of explaining to do when he wakes up.

 

However, what was bothering me more right now was whether I should go out and get her or I stay and sleep. Should I just wake the brat up and force him to go in my place? No, if this girl really is TianMi, I would basically be telling him that it's alright to befriend her. That would contradict what I've been telling him all this time. I wanted to sleep since I was already tired from punching bags all afternoon, but that meant I would be leaving a girl alone in the night waiting for me to bring her an umbrella. What if there was a ert or a e that attacked her?

 

I groaned as I ruffled my hair. I was starting to get a headache from thinking too much. I decided to go; whether it's TianMi or another girl, she shouldn't be out and alone this late at night. I slid my phone in my track pant's pocket, grabbed Sehun's jacket and scarf and headed quietly to the front door. I grabbed an umbrella and slipped on my shoes before leaving the house.

 

When the bus arrived, I quickly jumped in while closing the dripping umbrella. The ride wasn't long before I had get off again. I took light steps with my shoes that were already completely soaked through. Taking a walk at night wasn't so bad after all. Especially when it's raining cats and dogs and my hands and feet were freezing. Whoever this girl was should be very grateful when I meet her.

 

I arrived at the city's library and I could see a silhouette next to the entrance doors, shielded by the rain, playing on her phone. I approached her, but she didn't seem to notice since she was concentrated on playing on her phone. As I got closer, I could hear the sound effects of her game and she still didn't notice me.

 

"Hey you! What are you doing here this late?" I called out at her.

 

She jumped at my voice and almost dropped her phone on the concrete floor. I was already right in front of her and I sighed when I recognized who it was.

 

"Me?" She pointed at herself.

 

"Yes TianMi. Didn't you call me out to get you?" I said a little irritated.

 

She grabbed her bag as a weapon while trying to back away, but there was a wall behind her.

 

"Stay away from me stalker!" She said with a shaky voice.

 

"What stalker? It's me. Tao. You can't see?" I said under the rain, still holding the umbrella.

 

She squinted her eyes and finally let her guard down when she recognized me in the dark. However, I could see that she was still obviously scared from her shaking legs, or maybe that was because of the cold.

 

"Tao? But I called Sehun. Why are you here?" She said.

 

"Well that Korean was sleeping soundly when you called my phone. How did you even get my number?" I snapped.

 

"What? Your number?"

 

"Whatever. Here's the umbrella, I'm leaving." I shoved the handle in her hand and walked away, exposed to the cold and freezing rain.

 

"Wait! You'll get sick if you're wet!" She tried calling me back.

 

I ignored her and wrapped my face with the scarf that was already half wet to keep myself warm. Good thing I didn't force Sehun to go or else he would have met TianMi this late at night. My hair was already drenched and I was starting to feel the rain seeping through the coat. Well, Sehun's coat was ruined, but better than letting him meet TianMi.

 

Suddenly, the raindrops stopped and I looked up to see the umbrella, I had brought, over my head. I quickly turned to my side where I saw TianMi struggling to keep the object over my head without hitting me as I was a lot taller than her after all.

 

"What are you doing?" I frowned at her.

 

"I told you you would get sick if you get drenched by the rain." She pouted.

 

I was a little surprised that a girl was pouting at me, but I brushed it off and gently pushed away the umbrella's handle, walking away.

 

"Hey! I told you not to get wet!" She called me.

 

"I needed a shower anyways!" I shouted without turning back.

 

Suddenly I felt my arm being pulled back and I was back under the umbrella.

 

"I don't care if you need a shower or not! You're not getting sick for personally giving me an umbrella tonight!" She retorted as she hugged my arm tightly.

 

I blushed at the sudden contact and I tried pulling my arm away, but she held it desperately. I looked away trying to hide my face and I was thankful that it was dark.

 

"L-let go of me. I hate skinship." I stated.

 

"Then stay under the umbrella with me and I'll let you go." She ordered, still holding on to me.

 

"Fine, alright! Just let go already!" I roughly pulled my arm away.

 

I took the handle away from her, rubbing my neck from the uncomfortable position I had when the umbrella was threatening to poke me with its metal end.

 

"Where is your house?" I asked, annoyed.

 

"M-my h-house?" She stuttered.

 

"Yes your house. How do you want to go home if you don't tell me where it is?" I glared.

 

"W-we can go by your p-place so that y-you'll b-be home first and I-I can go home by myself." She said.

 

"No. It's not safe for a girl to be alone at night. Do you want to be attacked by a ert?" I retorted.

 

She shook her head vigorously.

 

"Then tell me." I snapped as I walked away without waiting for her answer.

 

"I-it's t-that way Tao." She pointed the opposite direction when she caught up.

 

Ahh... The things I do so that Sehun and this girl wouldn't meet. I sighed and kicked a puddle in frustration before following TianMi.

 

I kept my eyes on the streets we were taking and memorized them so that I wouldn't lose myself when I went back. We were both silent for a while and I was mentally scolding myself for not bringing a second umbrella, so that I could get home faster.

 

"Thank you Tao." She timidly said.

 

"For what?" I said with a sharp tone.

 

"F-for... For c-coming out this late just for a like me..." She hung her head low.

 

I shot her a frown. I was still confused with her confession from earlier when we were tied up with the ribbon.

 

"Why are you calling yourself a ?" I angrily scolded her.

 

"B-because t-that's what I am." She said with a shaky voice.

 

I suddenly felt angry with her. It annoyed me that she didn't have any self esteem at all.

 

"So you're admitting that you're a to me now, when earlier today you were trying to explain yourself? Unbelievable." I scoffed.

 

"Because I know you wouldn't believe me... Who would believe what the school's say?" She said, almost sounding like she's about to cry.

 

"Then prove yourself right! You can't just walk along hoping that everything's going to be better! Life is unfair and you have to make it fair." I said, on the verge of yelling.

 

"But... I don't know how..." She bit her bottom lip.

 

"Just find a way! If you're just going to rely on others for help then do whatever you want."

 

I stopped, forced her to grab the umbrella, and stormed off under the rain that was still pouring. As much as I wanted to be a gentleman and her home, I just couldn't stand her anymore. All she did was run away from her problems and that irritated me.

 

The moment I got home, it was already past two in the morning and I wanted nothing else but to sleep. I shed out of Sehun's drenched jacket and scarf throwing it over a chair in the dining room. I went up to my room and threw my phone on the pile of blanket I hadn't laid down in yet. I was glad my phone was still working despite being soaked in my pant's pocket. I let myself fall on the bed on top of Sehun. He struggled under me, but I was too tired to care.

 

"Ugh. Gege! What are you doing? Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?" He groaned.

 

"Just shut up will you. I had a tiring night." I said with a sore voice.

 

I closed my eyes feeling my eyelids heavy.

 

"What the heck. What happened to your voice? Are you sick?" He said as he touched my forehead. ", you're burning hot. Why are you all wet? I'm getting Aunty Huang."

 

"No, Sehun." I grabbed his wrist. "Don't wake her up, it's nothing. I can take care of myself; I'll be better tomorrow morning."

 

"No, Tao. I bet you're fever is near 40 Celsius and you won't get better with only one nights sleep. Much less with only five hours of it." He worriedly said as he pried my hand away.

 

"No, I don't want to burden mom because of that. I'm sure she has enough stress to deal with at work." I said as I firmly held his wrist.

 

"Ugh, fine. At least change out of your drenched clothes." He sighed as he pulled me up to my feet.

 

I almost stumbled, but Sehun caught me. He put my arm over his shoulder heading to the washroom slowly and quietly.

 

"Ugh, how much do you weight? You're so heavy." He quietly complained.

 

"Such weakling." I chuckled.

 

"Hey! You can't just call me names in Chinese. I don't even know what does weakling mean. It's such a complicated word." Sehun whined.

 

"Check the dictionary. That way you'll remember the word easily."

 

"If I knew you were going to be like this, I would have never changed schools." Sehun huffed.

 

"You're at fault."

 


 

Morning came and I forced myself to get out of bed despite feeling like a dead zombie. Although I doubt living zombies are any different from dead zombies, because they're considered as the living dead, which means that they were already dead in the first place– whatever.

 

I went to the kitchen for breakfast while using the wall as support. It was weird seeing Sehun up before me since her was a heavy sleeper.

 

"Gege, you feeling better?" He asked me as I sat down.

 

I nodded, I didn't want to stay in bed all day anyways.

 

"Oh my baby! What happened to you?! You're so pale!" My mom shrieked as she turned to me. "Go back to your room young man! You are resting at home! No excuses to let you go to school in that state!"

 

"But mom! I'm going to miss important lessons–"

 

"No! Your health comes before school." She hushed me.

 

"Okay... I guess your mom is telling you to stay home... So I'll get your homework for you." Sehun said.

 

"Sehun is the sweetest. Have a nice day at school." She smiled at him. "Go now young man! I'll bring you some porridge when it is done cooking." She ushered me to my room.

 

I groaned as I went up the stairs, but as soon as my head hit the pillow, I drifted off to dreamland. 

 



[A/N]

OHHH~ Tao is sick! Will Sehun be able to survives at school without Tao?? I'm sure he will~ Peace~

I really want to get the next chapter to you guys as soon as possible but right now I am in the middle of some really important testing (ACT ;-;) But I should have time this weekend. See you then