(SH) Chapter 23

Contestant Number 1 and 2

After Tao left, furious with both TaeMi and I, I turned to the girl.

 

“Tae-” She shut me up with one glare. TaeMi put her hand up as if to say ‘don’t’ and walked off also. I was left confused and alone. What had just happened?

 

FangShae and her demon clan just came out of no where, shouting at TaeMi in Chinese. I wanted to help I did, but her minions were weirdly strong for girls. I was forced to watch, not even understanding what they were saying.

 

I headed toward the mens bathroom. I needed to wash my face, try to understand. Once I got in there I stood in front of the mirror and sink. Turning it on, I let the sink run. I splashed water on my face, getting my bangs wet in the process.

 

I definitely heard FangShae say my name. She was probably threatening TaeMi. Ugh, why did I even try to friend her? Tao should have warned me about her and not TaeMi. Why did Tao yell at TaeMi? Something about yelling but whenever Gege gets angry he’s so hard to understand.

 

I turned off the sing and dried my face with some paper towel. Looking in the sink one last time, I sighed and left the bathroom

 

****

 

When I walked into the house I heard Auntie laughing. Cocking an eyebrow, I dropped my bag by the coat hanger and shucked off my jacket.

 

Auntie?

 

“Sehun is that you? Come into the kitchen!” I wandered in to find her and Kai cooking at the stove.

 

“Um…” I didn’t know Kai could cook.

 

“Sehun! I was showing Auntie how to make some Korean food.” He laughed bring me a ladle of red soup. Taking a sip I choked on the hot liquid.

 

“Why is it so spicy!?” I yelled at Kai.

 

“Auntie said it would be funny,” He snickered and high fived Auntie. “Sehun lets go get bubble tea!” Kai put the ladle back and waved goodbye to Auntie and so did I. With that we left the kitchen and went to the front door. I got my jacket on and so did he. When I went to open the door it opened by itself. Kai jumped back in surprise, until he saw Tao standing on the other side with a scowl.

 

“We were going to get bubble tea.” I said flatly. He huffed and walked past us. Kai looked at me confused and I waved him off. He shrugged and we left to go get bubble tea.

 

When we got there I ordered my favorite and Kai ordered some weird obscure flavor claiming it was healthier. Healthy bubble tea my !

 

“So Sehun,” Kai started when we sat down in a booth at the store.

 

“Yes?”
 

“Are you going to tell me whats going on with you and Tao and that TianMi girl?” Kai raised one eyebrow and went in to take a sip of his drink, which made him look quite silly.

 

“A lot happened.”

 

“That is not what I meant and you know it.” I sighed at his annoyed tone.

 

“I don’t know. It happened so fast.” I took a sip of my drink, hoping Kai would leave it at that. But when I looked up he obviously didn’t leave it at that. “I befriended TaeMi even though Tao told me not to. Aparently a lot happened to her when they were first years. TaeMi and I got really close and Tao got really angry with me. I guess I kind of deserved it for not listening. But then I got invited to go sit with some girl at lunch who wanted to learn Korean.” Kai shook his head.

 

“You don’t sit with another girl if things were going well with TianMi.”

 

“How was I supposed to know!? Even worse the girl turned out to be the cause of all TaeMi’s problem during their first year.” I let my head thunk down onto the table when I heard Kai gasp.

 

“You really messed up.” Kai stated in flat out disappointment.

 

“I know, okay! TaeMi got really angry. And I hadn’t talked to her about it until that time in the restaurant. And I thought we had it all sorted out!”

 

“What do you mean you thought? Did something happen at school today?” I nodded, “What happened?” He asked.

 

“I was walking to lunch with TaeMi when that girl came out of no where and started yelling at TaeMi about me.”

 

“Did she ask why you were with her?” Kai was leaning in trying to get me to speak louder as I still had my head on the table.

 

“Probably. FangShae’s angry Chinese is scary.” I whined, sitting up I witnessed Kai roll his eyes.

 

“But then Tao came and yelled at the girl for yelling at TaeMi. And Tao held onto her arm really tight, it looked like FangShae would cry.”

 

“The girl's name is FangShae?” I nodded while taking a sip of my drink.

 

“Tao got really angry with TaeMi and made her cry and I haven’t seen either of them since then.” Kai had his chin resting on his fist, deep in thought.

 

“Hun are you serious about TianMi?” I groaned.

 

“I don’t know yet. I have only known her for a little while. Why do I have to choose so soon?”
 

“Sehun you can’t lead this girl on if you don’t like her!” He sounded really angry with me. Well I was angry too,

 

“I’m not! I’m still trying to figure out if I like her!”
 

“Don’t let this go on too long, it’s obvious that everyone is getting hurt.”
 

“Are you saying it’s my fault that everyone is upset and getting hurt?” I looked at him right in the eyes. He didn’t say anything but I could see his eyes saying yes very clearly.

 

“Okay, okay! Maybe it is my fault! But do you want me to leave and go back to Korea? Is that why you came here, to get me to get back home?” I was fuming, I was pretty sure people were staring but I didn’t care. How could Kai betray me like this? He took a deep breath before talking,

 

“That’s not why I came here, and you know it. All I am saying is you should be more careful about what you do. You did sort of cause all of this.”

 

“I thought you were my friend! I thought you were supposed to be on my side! Not blaming me!”
 

“Then what did you want from me? Lie?”

 

“Yes!” I stood up and stormed out of the bubble tea store. I could feel the stares on my back. It couldn’t bother me any less than it already does.

 

Kai can find his way back on his own. I can’t believe he said that stuff! I walked down the street and made a right. Knowing exactly where I was going.

 

When I arrived at the noodle restaurant I looked into the window, not caring if I look like a creep, just to make sure no one from school was there. I didn’t want to run into anyone right now. I just wanted to be alone. Alone so I could sort out my thoughts.

 

I sat down, not at the table I regular with TaeMi but a booth that was sort of out of the way. I ordered some food before sinking down and resting my head in my folded arms upon the table.

 

Maybe it was my fault, but did Kai really have to be so mean about it? He is my friend, he is supposed to cheer me up not make me feel guilty.

 

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I sat up and got it out. It was a text from Kai, apologizing.

 

Why is he so nice?

 

I texted him back asking if he had gotten home safely to which he replied to with a short yes. I took a deep breath, at least he made it home.

 

I feel like I have no one on my side, even Kai, who is my closest friend in Korea doubted me. Tao is mad at me, which seems to be all the time now. And TaeMi, who I thought I had figured everything out with.

 

She had said yet when Kai asked if we were dating. I had a chance, but now I don’t know if I even want to or if I should.

 

****

 

I quickly hopped up the steps to Tao’s house. I went and reached for the door knob and once again the door opened before I could someone crying and covering their face brushed past me. It wasn’t until I got a whiff of the girl’s sent rushing past me I realized it was TaeMi. Why the hell was she running out of the house crying.

 

When I looked up a saw a worried Kai and Tao huffing angrily while watching the girl run out.

 

“Uh what happened?” Tao scoffed and turned to leave to the kitchen. I looked to Kai and he let out a defeated sigh.

 

“I brought her here. When I came back I ran into her and I thought since what happened today she would want to talk to Tao. I guess I didn’t think about if Tao wanted to talk to her.”

 

“He yelled at her again?” I kicked off my shoes and peeled off my jacket. Kai nodded meekly, leaving to go upstairs. Huffing with anger I made my way to the kitchen to find Tao searching through the fridge to find something to snack on.

 

“Tao? What did you say to her?” I tried to keep my voice down, but I knew keeping my anger down would be difficult.

 

“I told her to leave. I don’t know what Kai or her would think I would want to talk to her.” He slammed the fridge shut and turned to face me with his arms crossed.

 

“You didn’t need to be mean. You already made her cry earlier today!”
 

“It’s not like you were any more help! Watching her like that!” He countered. I paused he was right, I should have tried harder. But I was not the one who made her cry twice.

 

“You think I liked it?! I wanted to help! I did!” Tao scoffed,

 

“The fact is that you didn’t. I did.” Tao stormed out making sure to bump into my shoulder harshly. I whipped my head around to glare at him as he skipped steps to hurry up the stairs.

 

“Why would you help her in the first place? I thought you hated her!” I called out, not really caring about Auntie waking up. He stopped at the top step, turning slowly I could see that he was ready to explode. I know I had caught him red handed, even he didn’t know why.

 

“You always told me to stay away from her and here you go saving her and I am not allowed to give you ? Hypocrite! You’re just a big hypocrite and you know it!” Tao stormed down the steps and grabbed me by my collar.

 

“Maybe I am.” He whispered in my ear, panting with anger. I heard a door open upstairs, both Tao and I looked to the stairs to find Auntie looking petrified and Kai standing next to her. I looked at Kai and nodded to Auntie. He nodded understanding what I meant and ushered her away from the stairs and back to her room.

 

Tao looked back at me, with a sigh he let go of my collar and backed up. I flattened out my shirt and called out,

 

“Tao.” He looked at me.

 

Without hesitating I punched him square in the jaw and stormed away going to the couch. I grabbed a blanket and made myself comfortable, ignoring Tao.

 

It was only moments later when the lights in the living and the kitchen turned off. Plummeting both of us into darkness.


I could hear Tao’s slow and careful shuffle to the stairs. The stairs creaked under his weight and a clear whince rung through the room.



[A/N]

SHINeeTurtle always bothers me if I don't finish fast enough for her because she is so bored -_- wait til school comes! She'll regret rushing me! Anyways today the two of us sat down and finally figured out the rest of this fic. We had an idea of how its gonna end but we scratched it and came up with a better one. And it will be ending on chapter 30 (which she is really happy about, she always nagged me about it). Anyways enjoy~