(HT) Chapter 26

Contestant Number 1 and 2

I quickly walked to the park, afraid I kept her waiting. I realized I had took a little too much time showering and my hair was still damp since I cut some time blow drying my hair. Not to mention my mood was also slightly down. Why did Sehun have to be in the room when I came out? 

I quickened my pace, but when I arrived she wasn't even there. I worried for nothing. I sighed and kicked the sand. I paced around the playing structure a few times before sitting down at the rusty swing. 

I checked my phone and an hour had past. My hair was already dry and my shoes were filled with sand from kicking the sand at the swing. I took off my shoe and tilted it, pouring out a big amount of sand. Quickly putting the shoe back on, I pulled out my phone once again. I called her an hour and a half ago. Maybe she wasn't going to come. 

Standing up from the swing, I started walking back home when someone gently grabbed my hand from behind. I quickly turned around to see TianMi. I noticed she wasn't wearing the same thing as I saw in the restaurant. She was wearing a pretty white dress that seemed like it glowed with the moonlight shining on it. I also noticed her long dark brown hair was well combed. It was pretty. 

"You... You didn't wait too long, did you?" She carefully asked. I shook my head. One hour wasn't that long if I saw her. Noticing her thin blazer, I shed myself out of my jacket and handed to her. 

"What is this for?" She eyed it. 

"You're not cold?" I asked. I bit my tongue. Should I say it? 

"No I'm not cold." She shook her head. Feeling embarrassed for offering my jacket and being rejected, I scratched the back of my head. I should say it. 

"You look pretty in that dress." I blurted out. She blinked at me. 

"What did you say in Korean?" She asked. I shut my eyes and scolded myself for chickening out and switching languages. 

"Nothing." I replied. 

We stood there in silence and I had looked away from embarrassment. 

"You said you would tell me why you yelled at me." She spoke up. 

"Ah! It'sbecauseIwasworried." I blurted out. 

"Can you talk properly? I can't understand you." She said, sounding annoyed. Ah! Why am I like this! Why am I like this when it's TianMi?! 

"It's because of you! I am like this because of you!" I shouted. 

"What did I do?!" 

"You keep making me confused and give me this weird icky feeling!" I yelled, scrunching up the upper left of my shirt where the feeling was the strongest. 

"Is it my fault you're confused and you have this icky feeling?" She retorted louder. 

"It is! Ever since you got yourself tied to my wrist and claimed that all the rumours about you being a were false, I keep wondering whether the rumours were true or not. Whether to keep Sehun away from you or not. Whether to believe you or not." I ruffles my hair with both my hands. 

"If you hate being so confused so much, why do you keep looking for me? If you wanted to believe only one thing, why look for me?" 

I was stumped. Nothing to say in response. She turned away and started angrily walking away, but I reached out to grab her wrist. 

"What more do you want?!" She turned around. I could see tears b in her eyes reflecting with the moonlight. 

"Because I wanted answers. I wanted to know why I felt like I wanted to believe you, but I didn't wanted to at the same time. I..." I trailed off as I see tears flowing down her cheeks. "Don't cry..." 

"Why do you keep blaming me?" She choked out before continuing, "'Stop being with Sehun' 'You keep going to Sehun' 'You make me confused' Why? Why do you keep blaming me when I'm the one staying still. Sehun keeps looking for me and he accepted me without knowing anything, so I felt very safe and comfortable with him. Haven't you ever thought that you were one causing all this drama? That you were only confusing yourself because you were afraid to believe the truth?" Tears kept running down her cheeks. 

I made her cry... I scolded Sehun for making her cry, but now it's me that made her cry. The only thing my brain was telling me to do was to wipe her tears away. How? I didn't know so I did the most logical thing I can think of. I cupped her face with my hands and wipe her tears with my thumbs. She looked up at me and I quickly withdrew my hands, panicking. 

The next thing I know, she was hugging me with her arms wrapped around my torso. What the heck was happening? I heard a mumble in my chest, but I couldn't make out what she was trying to say. Aaaaaand I was still awkwardly standing still with both my arms in the air. My instincts were telling me to hug her back, but my brain kept asking 'Why?' 

Suddenly, she pulled back and hit me strongly in my chest. 

"You're so stiff and awkward." She muttered, looking at me in the eyes. 

"Ah... I know..." I rubbed the back of my neck. TianMi turned away and started walking once again, but I quickly grabbed her shoulder. I couldn't let her leave yet. Not until I apologize for making her cry. She looked at me again, but with a poker face this time. 

"I'm sorry okay? I realized I was very... Not thoughtful." I opened my mouth again, but no explanation to why I was sorry came out, instead, "I was always 'not thoughtful' ever since I was young and I was very bad at explaining. No wait, I was always bad at expressing myself." With that, a faint smile appeared on her face. 

"You may be bad at expressing yourself, but I think you've always been thoughtful. Ever since you were young." She said. 

"How do you know?" I never talked about any memories in the past. How could she know? 

"You always think of Sehun. You take good care of him although sometimes... Yeah... But you always do things with good intentions for him." 

"Yeah, Sehun. He's always a brat and he's reckless, well we're both reckless, but that's not what I'm trying to ask. How do you know that I was thoughtful ever since I was young?" For some reason, I had taken a step forward, bringing me closer to her. 

"Oh that umm... I knew you when you were young." She took a step back, "You used to play in this park a lot, but only with Sehun." 

"I know I told you that before." 

"You don't understand. I used to come here a lot too, because you came here a lot. I liked you." She confessed shyly. 

"But... I never noticed you—" 

"I was too shy to speak to you since you were always loudly laughing and talking in a different language with a boy that I suppose was Sehun." She cut me off, "I would always go under the slide and mess up the place when you left, because I wanted you to notice me, but you never did." 

"No wonder our rock collection was always gone. I thought it was a raccoon that either hated piles of rocks or loved wrecking stuff up." All hate towards that non existent childhood raccoon were gone in a second. 

"And I would always slide down the slide and run up the slide very loudly to get your attention." She said. 

"So you were the one that was noisily and constantly running up the slide!" I pointed a finger at her. "I thought it was a raccoon that had big heavy paws..." She chuckled at my raccoon reference. I felt proud. 

"Sorry for then. But..." She trailed off and quickly headed towards the swing. I quickly followed and sat in the swing next to her. 

"But what?" I asked, but she only cover her face with both hands and shook her head. 

We were silent and I looked at how her hair was resting peacefully on her shoulders as she swung on the swing. I watched as she poked the ground with the tip of her foot and smile faintly at a thought she had on her mind. 

"I like you." 

She turned her head at me with wide eyes. I ruffled my hair and looked away. I was so embarrassed. I felt a light kick on the swing and I turned back to TianMi. She was smiling. 

"I like you too."

I choked, I wasn't honestly expecting that response, but I hadn't even come her to confess in the first place. I didn't know what had gotten into me and now she was confessing back!

"I uh I um," I sputtered. I tried to form some sort of response.

"You..." She said, probably expecting something romantic out of me. 

"I uhh I... I got to go!" I quickly stood from the swing and started running, but before I left the park, I turned back to her. 

"I'll see you tomorrow!" I waved at her with a smile spreading across my face and ran for my life. 


When I got home, I felt like I still had enough energy to run a marathon. I practically burst through the front door and ran into the kitchen for some water. Someone was in there in the dark with the fridge open, so I tripped in shock. It was only with the fridge's light that I recognized who it was. 

"Where did you come from?" Kai asked as he popped a grape into his mouth. His back was facing the fridge and I couldn't see his face anymore, so I the lights. 

"Yeah uh nowhere." I my lips. 

"You're lying." He pointed out as he popped another green grape in his mouth. 

"So? You'll only tell Sehun if I told you." I grabbed a bottle of water from the side.

"Sehun? Naw I won't. He's sleeping on his school books upstairs on your desk." He pointed up the stairs. I gave him a look. 

"I'm serious. Trust me. I won't tell. I'll even get out of the house if you told me." He sat at one of the tall chairs in the kitchen. I sat across him. 

"Are you sure he's sleeping now?" I eyed him again and glanced at the stairs. 

"Yes I am. I pledge that if Sehun is awake at this moment, I will never come back and face you ever again." He raised a hand and put the other over his heart. I cocked an eyebrow and he leaned in at me. 

"I was at the park." I told him in Chinese.  

"Really? That's it? Just the park?" He gave me the are-you-kidding-me look. 

"I was meeting with someone." I added. 

"Oh who?" He seemed interested now, "A drug dealer?" He guessed. I whacked his head. 

"Where did you even learn those words? No I wasn't meeting with a drug dealer!" I loudly whispered. 

"Action movies." He said answering my first question, "There's a bunch of wild movies out there that don't censor anything you know." He cocked an eyebrow. 

"And next you're going to tell me you've watched ?!" 

"What's ''?" He squinted his eyes. 

"Omg never mind that." I shook my head. 

"Ok back to the topic! Who did you meet? Bruce Lee so you can learn from him?" My mouth was ajar. How could he easily switched topics? Maybe it's just me... 

"No! God how does Sehun put up with you? I met with TianMi." I groaned. 

"Oh~ You met up with TianMiMi~ the famous Yun TianMi Sehun keeps talking about." He smirked. I whacked his head again. 

"Okay okay! I'll stop! I don't wanna get wushued in the ." He rubbed his head. I gave him another look before continuing, 

"I confessed to her and she confessed to me too." I told him with a quieter voice. 

"WHAT! YOU— mfffhhmhmffhhmm" I covered his mouth with my hand. When he stopped trying to yell anymore, I removed my hand. 

"You what?! You confessed to her and she did too?!" He asked in a very loud whisper, "But Sehun, he—" 

"I know Kai. I know Sehun likes her too." I cut him off. 

"Are you dating her?" He asked in a more calm tone. I shook my head. 

"I don't think so. I told her I liked her and she said she liked me too and then I basically ran away." I scratched the back of my head. 

"Stupid! Are you the type of guys that doesn't know a thing about girls?" He switched languages. I was quite offended with his statement, but it was true, so I nodded. 

"Don't worry, as long as Kai is in the house, you can always ask me advice." He proudly pointed his thumb at himself. I doubt anyone would feel safe getting advice from this guy, but I asked anyway. It wouldn't hurt to know a thing or two right? 

"What do you think I should do?" 

"Just be yourself." And that earned him a whack in the head. Kai rubbed the back of his head and whined.

"If you really like her and she likes you then why not give it a chance. If it doesn't work then it wasn't meant to be." He said more seriously. 

"But what about Sehun?" I asked. 

"Oh don't worry about him. He has tons of girls chasing after him back in Korea. He's bound to date one of them." Kai assured me. I gave another look and he sighed. 

"Trust me." 

"How can someone trust you when you keep joking and goofing off?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Because I'm Kai." He smirked. I raised my hand to whack him in the head again, but instead, I just ruffled his hair. 

"Go to sleep. You have another day to go sightseeing." I stood up and headed to the couch. 

"Thank you for not hitting me again!" He quietly, but brightly said before I heard him going upstairs. 

"Maybe I should give it a try." I muttered with a faint smile before finding a comfortable position to sleep. 



[A/N]

This chapter got me cringing and nobias had to take over (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻