(SH) Chapter 19

Contestant Number 1 and 2

I fell back onto the couch, this whole thing was so frustrating. I am frustrated!

 

I don’t want to be mad at TaeMi, but those things that guy was saying, they were probably all right. Considering the bits and pieces I have heard of what happened during her first year, how can they not be true?
 

I groaned. All these negative thoughts weren’t helping me. I quickly stood and walked up to the front door, grabbing an orange and black puffy coat, I zipped it up and head outside to clear my thoughts.

 

After I left TaeMi earlier today I went straight home and took a nap, I felt so exhausted and confused, but now I'm just frustrated to no end!

 

It was getting cold because the sun already went down, causing my ears and cheeks to turn red, but I really didn’t feel like going back to the house to feel like I was being suffocated by all of Tao’s questions. I stuffed my hands deep into my pockets, huffed, and continued walking.

 

I had no real direction, I was just walking, letting my mind wonder. This was probably not a good thing since I didn’t really know the area as well as I used to. When I finally looked up from my feet I saw someplace I hadn’t been since I got into middle school. It was the old playground that Tao and I used to play on.

 

I sighed and walked up to the now smaller looking swing set. The two of us used to spend hours playing on this playground until the street lights came on and we had to go home. I sat down on the swing, it pinched my because it was so small and i couldn’t bend my knees properly because it was so low to the ground, but there was something so comforting about sitting here again. I felt the warmth of all my childhood memories with Tao here.

 

I remember when we kept going down the slide till our butts burned. I remember an older kid dump sand in my hair that I couldn’t get out for a whole two weeks. I remember Tao falling of the play structure when I chased him around playing Lava. I remember when we hid here from that ert when I first came to China. Tao didn’t like me then.

 

Just like now.

 


 

I was the first to enter the classroom the next morning. I had woken up early after getting zero sleep on the living room couch and took the early bus to school. I really didn’t want to run into Tao.

 

I know what I did was wrong, making TaeMi cry like that. It was selfish of me. It makes me no better than the guy I was yelling at for making her cry and I hated that. That was why today I was going to apologise to the girl.

 

If she never wanted to talk to me again, as much as I would hate that, I would accept that. I was awful to her.

 

I sat down in my seat and rested my head on the desk, drifting off.

 

I woke up to the bell ringing, signaling the start of class. I sat up straight, whipping my head back and forth, slightly disoriented. The classroom was full of chatty teenagers. The teacher stomped in and slammed his hand on the podium to get everyone’s attention. First was going to be math. Great, after all that happened last night I never did end up finishing that homework, and as it was, I was failing most of my classes. Maybe going to school here, where I barely speak the language wasn’t going to be as I though. It had definitely started to prove itself as that. If this kept up I would have a lot of trouble getting college. My grades in Korea weren’t exceptional but they weren’t as bad as they were here.

 

I groaned and let my head thunk back down onto the desk. At this point I didn’t really care if I were to be scolded. I will just go get notes from Jongdae later, screw Tao, I needed Jongdae’s help understanding this mess.

 

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I lifted my head up and hummed.

 

“Time for lunch,” FangShae stood above me smiling, obviously proud of her Korean. I smiled back, happy to hear something so familiar, even if her accent was cringeworthy.

 

“Let’s go,” I stood and the two of us left the empty classroom. I must have fallen asleep again, that couch messed me up. I still haven’t found the time to talk to TaeMi even though she sits behind me in class.

 

We entered the lunch room. I looked around the room, out of habit for Tao and his friends, for TaeMi. But when I spotted their table, Tao and TaeMi weren’t there. I shrugged and followed FangShae. I could almost feel Luhan, Kris, Minseok, Lay, and Jongdae staring me down as I passed by them on my way to FangShae’s table.

 

I sat down next to her and leaned my elbows on the table and put my chin in my palm. A girl sitting on my other side tapped my elbow and I looked over at her. She pushed a boxed lunch over at me and looked away shyly. In my rush to get out this morning I had forgotten to pack a lunch or ask Auntie for one, so I was planning on just sitting through. Thankful I bowed slightly towards her and silently unwrapped the lunch.

 

I was halfway through the lunch when I heard a loud yelp behind me, causing me to almost choke on my food. FangShae, myself and all the other girls at the table turned to the origin of the sound.

 

TaeMi stood a few meters away, face blanch from shock. I shot up, slamming my hands down on the table, face kept static.

 

What are you doing?” FangShae scoffed also standing up.

 

Sehun, w-what, why are you doing with her?” TaeMi didn’t move a muscle.

 

Why?” I asked back.

 

“Sh–she ruined me!” TaeMi screamed, gaining the attention of the whole lunchroom not just FangShae’s table. I looked to FangShae to see if it was true, but when I looked at it I regretted it immediately, she was smirking at TaeMi.

 

You need to let go MiMi. We have only a few more months left.” FangShae brushed off TaeMi.

 

Don’t call me that,” TaeMi growled, I don’t think I have seen her so angry before. TaeMi was about to lunge at FangShae when a hand on her arm yanked her back.

 

TaeMi bumped into Tao’s chest and he glared at FangShae then at TaeMi, avoiding me.

 

Stop causing a scene.” He grumbled. TaeMi tried to yank away her arm but Tao held her. Finally, Tao looked up at me, giving me one of the most disappointed looks I have seen grace his face. I looked away not being able to stand his scrutiny. I heard Tao drag TaeMi off and her mumbling angrily in Chinese at him. I sat down and sighed, FangShae sat back down, latching onto my arm.

 

Sorry about her, she is really sensitive.” I yanked my arm away and shoved the lunch away, suddenly not hungry at all.

 

I stood up, feeling suffocated by FangShae and her friends all staring at me. I all but ran out of the cafeteria, I just wanted to be somewhere alone.

 

I speed down the hallways to the stairs and took two stairs at a time, climbing up rapidly. I shouldered open the door to the roof. Once knocking open the tightly shut door I walked onto the roof of the school shutting the door behind me.

 

I took a deep breath, inhaling the cool fall air. My uniform wasn’t very useful in keeping me warm but at this point I didn’t mind the cold.

 

Why do things have to be so complicated? Coming here, becoming friends with TaeMi, I didn’t plan all this drama. I was just going to study, hang with Tao, and improve my Chinese. But no.

 

There was an old desk sitting on the roof and I kicked it over to it’s side. It just sat there, pathetic, just like me. I screamed , clutching my fist at my side, face turning red from lack of oxygen. I reached out for the desk and held it down, kicking it repeatedly till I was out of breath. There was a stack of chairs off to the side, I grabbed one, yelling once more, and threw it across the roof till it slid and hit the railing.

 

I was panting, face beet red, and I still didn’t feel any better. I dropped to the ground, my face falling into my hands. I sat like this for a while, trying to get my heart beat down.

 

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I tried ignoring it, but it just kept buzzing. I huffed angrily and pulled it out, answering the call without looking at the caller ID.

 

“What?” I yelled into the phone.

 

“Gee good to talk to you again too Maknae.” Chanyeol sassed back.

 

“Hyung? Sorry I’m not in the best of moods right now.” I sighed rubbing my face with my

 

“We can tell,” Baekhyun piped up.

 

“Group call?” I asked. Another person hummed. “Hey hyungs.” I mumbled, not at all sounding excited to hear from my friends in Korea.

 

“Why aren’t you in school right now?” I asked looking at the time on my phone quickly, I knew my old school didn’t start lunch until an hour later.

 

“Long story…” Suho sounded upset.

 

“It was an accident okay!!!!” Kyungsoo yelled over the phone, causing me to have to hold the phone away from my ear.

 

“What did you do hyung?” Kai let out a snort at my tone.

 

“Oh man it was so funny! Hyung was working on his science project and almost burned down the school!” Kai broke down laughing.

 

“He pretty much did burn down the school. Half of it is being repaired,” Baekhyun snickered.

 

“Thats not why we called though.” Suho shushed everyone, I put my phone on speaker and laid back, resting my head on my arms. The door to the roof harshly opened, but I didn’t bother looking.

 

“I’M COMING OVER HUNNIE WAIT FOR MEEEE,” Kai screeched. I scoffed, he can not be older than me. A couple of heads blocked my view of the sky.

 

Luhan, Lay, Minseok, Kris and Jongdae stood around me looking down at me.

 

“Who is coming over?” Luhan asked, cocking his head to the side.

 

“Who was that?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Ahh they are Tao’s friends.” I sat up and they sat down next to me.

 

“There is Minseok, Jongdae, they are Korean.” The two said hi, and my friends greeted them back.

 

“And there is Kris, Lay and Luhan.”

 

“Hi~” Luhan yelled into Sehun’s phone.

 

“Woah they speak Korean?” Kyungsoo sounded surprised.

 

“Yeah. I was shocked too,” I laughed.

 

“Sorry we kind of need to talk to Sehun right now,” Kris spoke up.

 

“Ah yeah sorry, we won’t keep him much longer. We just wanted him to know that Kai was flying over tomorrow and to pick him up at the airport.” Responsible Suho to over and silenced my Korean friends.

 

“I can take you to pick them up Sehun,” Luhan offered.

 

Thanks ge.” I told Luhan and said my goodbyes.

 

“What was it you guys wanted to say?” Sehun shut off his phone and put it in his blazer pocket.

 

“Its about TaeMi.” Lay mumbled.


"Something has to change," Jongdae put his hand on my knee and I groaned.



[A/N]

My hand is better now~ but I still need to be careful with it. My finals are in less than a week now, and SHINeeTurtle is in the process of taking her's throughout the next three weeks. So we are pretty busy. Thank's for supporting us guys!!! <3