(HT) Chapter 14

Contestant Number 1 and 2

"Finally free!" Sehun cheered once we stepped out into the street, "and you could have packed some clothes for me. I'm stuck in my bloody uniform until we get home." He grumbled.

 

"Here take the hoodie then." I stripped myself of the hoodie I was wearing and handed it to him.

 

"Oh~! Here! You take the blazer so you wouldn't freeze to death." He handed me his blazer that was red around the collar. I put it on without caring if I got any weird looks.

 

"You look weird." He commented, "You look like a person that got bitten by a vampire." He laughed, earning a glare from me.

 

"You could have just asked for a scarf." Chen said, digging through his bag. I knew he was rolling his eyes with his tone. He pulled out a red scarf and threw it at me. "And switch back your tops. You both look like mister potato the toy." He gestured our chests before waving at us and leaving. Sehun plucked his phone out of his blazer I was wearing and fiddled with it.

 

"Jongdae says to give it back on Monday." Sehun told me as he looked up from his phone.

 

"When did you get their numbers?" I asked.

 

"Who's 'their'?" He squinted his eyes at me.

 

"Whatever." I shook my head and wrapped the scarf around my neck, hiding the blood stain, "So what do you want to do on a Saturday that was wasted on studying?"

 

"What can you do on a Saturday night?" Sehun innocently asked.

 

"Well we could go somewhere, but I wouldn't be good for you and you're underage." I answered with going to the club on my mind. I still hadn't gone before, but I want to go at least once.

 

"Oh! Let's go there!" Sehun excitedly jumped.

 

"Huh? What? You mean the club?" I blurted out. Innocent Sehun wanting to go to a club? He must still have a problem in his head.

 

"What club?" He tilted his head to the side and shook his head, "No, that bubble tea place you brought me two years ago! Is it still open this late?" He plopped his phone back into the blazer's pocket.

 

"Hmm probably." I mumbled, trying to remember where that place was.

 

"Oh yeah! Bubble tea! I can't wait to sit in those black pearl chairs again!" He giggled. It took me a while to remember what he was talking about. I chuckled when a picture of the chair appeared in my head.

 

"C'mon. I'll treat you." I said while beckoning him.

 


 

"Hun!" I called him to get his attention as I walked towards our table with both our drinks in hand.

 

"Yehet! My taro bubble milk tea with jelly and tapioca!" He said gleefully as he stretch out his arms towards his purple milk tea filled cup. I handed it to him when I was close enough and, it wasn't a second later, he had stabbed his straw in the drink and gulped down a quarter of it.

 

"Woah, take your time. I'm not buying you a second one." I warned.

 

"Oh but it been so long since—" A ringtone coming from my hoodie interrupted him midway. He took out my phone and squinted his eyes, probably trying to read the caller ID.

 

"Who is this?" He gave up and showed me the screen.

 

"You should know these words." I shook my head, "It's mom." I answered him anyways.

 

"Oh! Auntie." He answered the phone and put it on speaker.

 

"Sehun? Why aren't you answering the phone? I've been trying to contact you for a while." My mother's voice rang worriedly.

 

"Oh Tao got me a new phone and new number. I think my old phone ran out of battery." He eyed me. At least he wasn't completely lying.

 

"Oh. You should call your mother. She's been trying to contact you. She's worried you're lost or kidnapped."

 

"I'll call her right now! Thanks for telling me auntie!" Sehun informed her.

 

"Where's Tao? He ran away while I was scolding him last time." My mom said, probably with a frown.

 

Toilet. I mouthed at Sehun and made an "X"

with my arms. He stared blankly at me before answering my mother.

 

"He went to the bathroom."

 

"Why does this kid always going to the bathroom when I'm looking for him?" My mother grumbled to herself, but it was loud and clear.

 

"He said he was constipated." Sehun said with a grin plastered on his face. It took me a lot to not grab him in a headlock and only glared.

 

"Tell him to call me back when he's done. Bye Hunnie~ call your mom!" My mom said before hanging up.

 

"I'm not constipated!" I growled at him.

 

"I know, but that's for taking so long to get me a phone and making me lie to Auntie." He cackled, "Give me my phone now. I need to call my mom."

 

After several attempts to connect the call to Korea, in which I needed to go out and buy a phone card to pay for the international call, we finally reached his mother.

 

"Mummy! It's Sehun!" He smiled brightly.

 

"Sehun? Oh my baby! How are you? Was Chinese at school hard to adjust to? Did you get kidnapped?"

 

"I'm fine. Don't worry mom! Tao was always by my side." Sehun assured as he gave me a smile and I silently replied him with a flick on his forehead.

 

"Has Tao been nice to you?" His mother asked and Sehun scowled at me while rubbing his sore head, "What am I saying. Of course he's been nice to you. I know him as much as my own son." She said without letting Sehun answer.

 

"And your friends have been wondering where you disappeared to. Haven't you told them yet?" She sounded like she was preparing to scold him. The boy drank his tea and chew the tapioca for a while as he hummed to assure his mother that he was still listening.

 

"You should have told them. I'm going to give them your new number the next time they visit and you can explain to them yourself." She said and some shuffling could be heard on the other side of the line. "Hunnie, it's getting late now, so make sure you get some rest and call more often." She cheerfully said before ending the call.

 

"So you came to China without telling anyone except your parents? Not cool." I shook my head.

 

"Well, my friends wouldn't have let me come to China, because I sort of promised them that we would stick together until the last year of high school..." He said with uncertainty and a little smile.

 

"Tsk. You should keep your promise whatever it is." I disapproved of his rash action.

 

"Buuuuuut, at least I have you right?" He flashed his eye smile that I liked.

 

"What am I? Your lover?" I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help but to let the corners of my lips lift up.

 

"Heh~ You may not be my lover, but I know you like me." Sehun giggled.

 

"Oh shut up." I snapped just as my phone rang. I glanced at the ID caller, before speaking up again, "I need to get this. I'll be right back."

 

"Hey! I shared my phone calls with you, why don't you share yours with me?" He whined.

 

"Because I like to have some privacy." I stuck my tongue out at him and went outside, where I can see him frowning and pouting at the same time through the glass. I slide my finger across my phone and put it to my ear.

 

"Why are you calling?" I asked without letting the person greet. I heard her click her tongue before talking, "I wanted to know how was Sehun. I couldn't visit today." TianMi said.

 

"Well, it wouldn't have been fun anyways. We were just studying all day and Sehun got discharged tonight." I told her as I turned to look at Sehun. He was playing with his phone and he let out a big, probably loud as well, yawn.

 

"Just remember to not overwork his brain and make him rest as much as possible." She reminded me.

 

"Gee. You thought I didn't know that? I'm his guardian for a reason." I turned away from Sehun and rolled my eyes.

 

"Sure thing mister I'm-practicing-my-secret-play." She scoffed.

 

"I'm hanging up." I said before ending the call. I made my way inside to find Sehun dozing off on the table.

 

"Hey, wake up. We're going home now." I nudged his shoulder.

 

"Arg... Just five more minutes..." He mumbled as he shifted to get himself comfortable on his arms.

 

"You can't just sleep in public! Wake up! Let's go before it's too late." I nudged him harder this time, but I received no reaction from the boy. He had fallen into a deep sleep. I sighed as I tuck both his and my phone into each of the blazer's pocket. When he was passed out, nothing will disturb him unless I jump on him and suffocate him with my body weight, but I wasn't going to do that in public, so I debated whether to support him by his waist, carry him bridal style, piggyback him or carry him like a sack of potato.

 

Bridal style was out of the question, so I had three options left. Supporting him by the waist as if he got injured so that isn't the best option either, because I would have felt like I was dragging a dead body across town. I didn't felt like piggybacking him, because that would feel so weird. That left me with the sack of potatoes style option, but that made me look like I'm carrying a dead body to strangers. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

 

"Stupid Sehun. Why did you fall asleep here?" I cursed under my breath and proceeded with the supporting, well more like carrying, him by the waist and dragging him to the bus stop.

 

The bus arrived and I let Sehun sit awkwardly on a seat before flashing both our cards to the little machine next to the driver who simply nodded at me. I sat next to the sleeping boy and his head was tilted to the back and his mouth was wide open. Some people glanced strangely at the both of us, mainly because Sehun started snoring with his mouth ajar. I shook my head in embarrassment and decided to wrap Chen's scarf around his neck to support his head.

 

When I finally got home, Sehun still a potato sack, I quietly dropped him off on my bed, too lazy to change his clothes and covered him with the blanket up to his chest. I glanced at the clock and it was still early to go to sleep, unlike someone. I didn't want to stay at home since there was a huge possibility that my mom is hunting me down to finish her scolding, so I dressed up in some leather pants ripped in all the right places with a simple white tank sporting black accents and a matching black studded leather jacket.

 

I debated whether I should call the guys to go along with me, but I decided against it. Kris' too busy on his phone, Chen's too busy studying, Luhan's a good boy, Xiumin's probably sleeping and Yixing is just... I’m sure he’s busy.

 

"Where are you going young man?" A voice demanded and I slowly lift my head up from my phone to see my mother with her hands on her hips, tapping her foot.

 

"Euh... Out?" I gave her a sheepish smile.

 

"You're not going—" I ran past her before she could finish her sentence. "Tao! Come back here!" She ordered.

 

"Bye! I promise I'll get you a delicious cake!" I yelled and slammed the door with my wallet in my grasp.

 

"Yah! Don't get a cake! You have constipation!" I heard her yell from the house that was already far behind me. I grumbled something about getting revenge on Sehun about the constipation.

 

It took me a total of two buses to arrive at my destination. The entrance was hectic and the loud music could be heard from outside. As I approached the security guard at the front, I saw two arguing teenage girls trying to get past him.

 

"No fake IDs. Come back when you're older." The buffed man snapped. The girls threw their fake ID cards in his face and angrily stomped away in their revealing clothing. I blinked at the amount of skin they were showing. Was that even acceptable for such young girls to be showing? I turned back to the intimidating man and gave him my ID card. He compared my face a second and he gave it back to me before turning away.

 

The moment I opened the doors, the loud music was strongly hitting against my ear drums. I walked past the smoking section and I scrunched my nose when the smell of nicotine invaded my nostrils. When I hit the dance floor, I was disappointed by the amount of people that were there. I had expected the dance floor crowded on a Saturday night, but there was only a few. Maybe I chose the wrong club. None the less, I was very disgusted by all the slaking dance and the girls grinding the drunk men's crotch.

 

I ignored them and started bobbing my head to the beat of the music. A few seconds later, I was just lost in my world and danced excitedly. However, it didn't last long when a random girl hugged my torso, giggling. She grabbed my collar and inched closer to my face.

 

"Wow, hottie. Are you here alone? Wanna dance with me?" She grinned and showed me her back before I answered. I gasped and pushed her away when she started grinding. I was fuming at her. She called that dancing? What a disgrace. She started whining and grab my arm and hugged it tightly to her big volleyball chest. I roughly ripped her off my arm and shoved her away. I wasn't going to spend another second with her.

 

I headed to the bathrooms, but I heard a ton of people from inside, both girls and boys. I had enough of clubbing, why did I even come? Everything was loud, disturbing and not to mention drunk people crawling all over the place.

 

On my way out of the place, I bumped into a girl causing her drink to spill all over my white shirt and leather. The girl seemed sober and gasped. She started panicking, patting her dress, in attempt to fix it even a little. I scoffed when I recognized her.

 

"You are such a liar." I accused her. She snapped her head upwards, eyes wide, frozen.

 

"What did you say?" TianMi frowned, and eyed her attire.

 

Out clubbing? I knew you were lying about being the victim.”

 

What are you trying to say?” She sounded angry, but she had no right.

 

I knew you were faking everything from crying to caring for Sehun. I shouldn't have started to believe in you. I know I shouldn't have even decided to tolerate you. Of course a like you would be here." I gritted my teeth.

 

"What do you think about yourself then? Who are you to judge me? Of course a player like you would be here." She retorted, "Is that what you want me to say about you?" TianMi jabbed my chest.

 

"What?! I'm not a player! I just wanted to know how the club was!"

 

And I can’t be curious also?” The girl walked over to the bar and grabbed a random person's drink. She threw its content all over my face, discarding the cup on to the counter. She rammed her purse at the side of my head,


Touché jack .” She said before storming off.

 



[A/N] 

Whoo! Finally an update and my favourite ending for a chapter. Updates may come slower because I am REALLY busy. Sorry! But enjoy this chapter~! ^^