(SH) Chapter 3

Contestant Number 1 and 2

“Hey wasn’t that the same girl?” I asked as I got roughly pulled across the hallways. Rude. Tao finally stopped when we were safely in a study room in the library. I pouted, “She is cute, why are you so mean to her?”

 

“What did I tell you about staying away from her Hun?!” Hyung seemed angry but I honestly don’t get it, she isn’t mean like Tao hyung. I groaned and flung my arms about.

 

“I don’t understand!” Tao just clenched his forehead and shook his head while I pouted. Jongdae finally found us and we started lessons. It was about an hour in when Minseok arrived with another guy I didn’t know.

 

“Ahhh I think thats the last detention for a while.” Minseok took a seat at the round table, stretching his arms up before folding them up for a nice pillow. The tall new guy sat down next to Minseok hyung, on his phone.

 

Who are you?” I tried my Chinese.

 

Who are you?” He didn’t even look up from his phone. I scoffed and looked to Tao.

 

Kris gege this is Sehun he’s from Korea.” Tao sighed and tried to get me to go back to work but I wanted to know who Mr. rude pants was.

 

“My name is Kris.” I let a breath out, more Korean, good. I smiled a sugary smile,

 

“Nice to meet you, I am a friend of Tao hyung’s.”

 

Tao has friends?” Kris finally looked up smirking. Chen covered his chuckle with his hand while Minseok flat out started laughing, he must have woken up. I looked confusedly at Tao who just scoffed and threw an eraser at the laughing Minseok.

 

Lessons finished slowly but it was fun with Chen scolding Tao hyung’s terrible teaching and Minseok scolding Tao’s Korean. Kris was on his phone the whole time but he would look up occasionally to smile at a joke someone made.

 

“I am thirsty. I’ll be back,” I stood up and left. At this point everyone was just working on their own homework. Kris gege was helping me with mine because he said he already finished his and Minseok was as usual sleeping.

 

I left the library and wandered in search of a drinking fountain. I found one near a girls and boys bathroom. After taking a drink and I reached for my phone. Unlocking it I found messages from my friends back in Korea asking where I was since school started. Shrugging, I just ignored them, they would be fine without me. I locked my phone sticking it back in my pants pocket, I started to walk away when I heard a scream. I whipped my head around. There was no one in the hallways. I then heard more screams and yelling. I walked back towards the bathrooms, thats the only place the noises could be coming from.

 

 

I went into the boys room and there was no one. Hmm, the girls room, but I couldn’t go in there. I stood outside the girls bathroom door with my ear flush against it. I heard yelling and grunts. What the heck do girls do in the bathroom?

 

Hello are you alright in there?” I knocked on the door lightly when I heard more yelling. There was no response and the yelling and weird noises just continued. “Hello?” I asked a little louder but still whoever was in there just continued. My brows knitted and I stood with my hands on my hips, increasingly more frustrated.

 

“Whatever they are probably having a cat fight.” I shook my head and walked away started to walk away once more.

 

HELP!” I turned to the girls bathroom.

 

I know that word.

 

HELP ME!” I ran up to the door and bit my lip. I grimaced, I’m going to have to go in there.

 

“Sorry please forgive me.” I mumbled, bowing, before running into the bathroom.

 

There was one girl on the floor curled up into a ball and three standing above her kicking her.

 

HEY!” The girls looked at me wide eyed. The must of expected the school to be cleared out by now, it was way past the time school let out. The girls left the girl on the floor and started shouting at me in Chinese. I just looked at them blankly, not understanding a word of their rushed angry Chinese. They saw me not responding and got angrier. What seemed to be the leader huffed, stomping her foot, leading her evil minions out of the bathroom.

 

I ran over to the girl on the floor. I tried to look at the damage but when I reached for her, she flinched and I felt bad.

 

Hey I’m not going to hurt you.” I stated softly. Her head turned to look up at me, her eyes and cheeks moist from tears. I wiped the tear stains from her face and she winced. I could already see her skin turning black and blue. I shook my head, girls are so cruel. When I smiled at her a little bit in effort to make her feel more comfortable she just started crying, loudly.


“Umm hey, don’t cry. Please?” Oh, that made it worse. She clutched onto my uniform jacket and sobbed louder. I raised my hand to lightly pat her head and she just kept crying. We both ended up sitting on the floor with her crying into my jacket and me, patting her hair. Good thing no other girls came and wanted to use the restroom, that would have been awkward.

 

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I shifted to pick it up. At this point the girl was sniffing loudly, trying to calm herself.

 

“Hey?”

 

“Where are you!?!” Tao yelled over the receiver and I had to hold the phone away from my ear so I didn’t go deaf. Before I could answer I heard shouting on the other side and some shuffling.

 

“It’s been a while, have you gotten yourself lost?” Chen came on the phone, a lot calmer.

 

“I am fine.” I look at the girl clutching my jacket, “I just ran into someone and we are talking.”

 

“In Chinese?” He sounded skeptical. Wow does he have this little faith in my Chinese. And he’s my teacher, thats degrading.

 

“Yes, how else?” He just hummed in response and then sounded like he handed the phone off to someone else.

 

“We are leaving to get food in a bit, if you don’t come back in 15 minutes we are leaving without you.” Tao said sternly.

 

“Hyung~ don’t leave me.” I whined but from his tone it didn't sound like he was going to even wait 15 minutes.

 

“Where do you want us to leave your backpack?” He asked offhandedly. I sighed and responded,

 

“Just leave it there in the library, I’ll come and get it in a bit.”

 

“See you at home.” I nodded my head absentmindedly as he ended the call. I sighed and put the phone back in my pocket. I looked back at the girl to realize she was staring at me. Was she doing it the whole conversation?

 

I know you.” She mumbled.

 

“TaeMi!” I beamed, I finally recognized the girls face.

 

TianMi.” She frowned sitting up.

 

Same thing.” I stood up and held out my hand for her to grab, but she just looked at it, standing up on her own. I huffed, “Why did you ignore me in class?” I asked to the best of my ability.

 

Your friend.” She mumbled. Was she talking about Tao hyung?

 

Tao? He keeps telling me to stay away from you.” I look her in the eyes and point to the bruises forming on her cheek, “Is that why?” Ha Jongdae, you should see this Chinese! The girl just nodded and went to grab a bag that had been sitting in the corner of the bathroom. She left me in the bathroom, and I rushed after her. We walked side by side in the hallways.

 

Eat together?” I asked, making eating motions and she looked at me. I smiled and she shrugged. “Library first please.” She nodded and we went to to grab my stuff. I guided her to the study room my friends and I had previously inhabited. My stuff was still laid out where I had left it. I started putting my stuff away when a note fell out of one of my books.

 

“Google yourself back home kid we are leaving -Kris”

 

I chuckled, finishing putting my books away, I looked to TaeMi who was patiently waiting for me at the door. We started walking out the school. Hopefully there was something cheap near by, I had only converted a small amount of money when coming over, and hadn’t had time to do anything about my money situation.

 

There is a noodle place up ahead.” TaeMi started leading us towards the restaurant. We walked in silence. Even if I had something to say, my Chinese was running low. So the whole walk to the restaurant was awkward and silent.

 

We arrived and sat down at a two person table near the front. The restaurant was quite rowdy and loud but not uncomfortable. We both ordered some warm noodle soups.

 

“Ahh conversation Sehun!” I mumbled to myself, “TaeMi why uhh Tao gege not like you?” That was really bad wasn’t it? I tried to grin away my bad Chinese. TaeMi bobbed her head back and forth, thinking. “Speak slowly?” I asked nicely causing her to nod.

 

History.” The Chinese stated twiddling her thumbs.

 

History with Tao gege?” I asked confused. TaeMi put her hands in front of her shaking them along with her head.

 

No no no!” I cocked my head to the side hoping she would understand that I am totally lost. “History with um boys.” The girl looked away shyly.

 

“With boys? Does Tao think you are a ???” I asked quickly. TaeMi looked at me scratching her head. Uh Chinese, think. “Gege think you um sleep lots of boys?” The girl thought for a while before nodding a bit.

 

Everyone does.” What? The whole school thinks she is a ??

 

Long story Sehun.” She tried to change the subject when the noodles arrived.

 

“You! You said my name!” I beamed at her, giving her my eye smile, and TaeMi returned the gesture with a small smile of her own. We continued to eat our noodles with little conversation.

 

I pay yes.” I insisted. The Chinese tried to refuse but when she went to get her wallet she realized she must of left it at home. TaeMi apologized a ton, but I didn’t mind because even if she did have her money, I was intent on pay for our meal.

 

A loud group was getting up to leave at the same time as us, but we weren’t really paying attention because TaeMi was still apologizing, and the girl bumped into one of the guys in the group. He must have felt like a brick wall because she would have fell to the ground if I didn’t catch her, I’m quite the gentleman. The guy turned around catching the attention of the rest of the group.

 

“Sehun?”

 

“Tao??” He looked at me then at the girl I was still slightly holding in my arms. He looked furious when he recognized TaeMi, I am so screwed.

 

“Sehun didn’t I tell you to stay away from her on multiple occasions?” Kris gege, Jongdae Hyung and Minseok Hyung all stood silently looking down as the fuming Tao spoke.

 

“Yes?” I squeaked, no matter what I said this was not going to turn out well for me. He scoffed and turned to TaeMi who was now glaring at Tao, even though I am pretty sure she had no idea what we were talking about.

 

You,” Tao Hyung angrily pointed at TaeMi, “TianMi, stay away from Sehun, he doesn’t understand who you are or what you have done and doesn’t deserve to be dragged down with you. He has done nothing wrong for you to wreck him.” Tao’s face got redder and closer to the girls as he yelled at her.

 

I have never seen him so angry before in my whole life, and by the looks on our friends faces, they haven’t either. Kris grabbed Tao’s arm and the latter tried to pull out but the older wouldn’t let him. Tao huffed refusing to look at TaeMi or I.

 

“Minseok, Chen, go take TianMi home, I’ll deal with these two.” The two said boys nodded their heads.

 

Come on we’ll take you home.” Chen stated and lead the girl out of the restaurant with Minseok trailing lazily behind them.

 

Kris took Tao, still in the elders strong grip, and I out to the back of the establishment, where Kris flung Tao ahead of him. Kris gege looks angry, so scary, I shivered.


“You two, apologise to each other.”



[A/N]

Huu~ omg even I'm excited to see where this goes, is that sad? Sorry it's so late but the action makes up for it riiiight??? look forward to SHINeeTurtle's chapter next~