(HT) Chapter 16

Contestant Number 1 and 2

I watched Sehun look for a bus stop at a distance and I headed home, but the thought that Sehun was going to meet TianMi at the school gates was bothering me.

 

Was he actually going to see TianMi?

 

When the bus that would bring me home arrived, I stopped myself from going in. If I were to return home, my mother would start scolding me. The driver stared at me for a second and closed the doors when he realized I wasn't going to hop in. I decided to follow Sehun to make sure he wasn't doing anything stupid like hurt his head again.

 

The bus to school arrived and I sat at the very back of it, next to the window. A few stops later, I saw Sehun come in and take a seat near the front. He didn't notice me. However, I just noticed that he was wearing one of my leather jackets. He better not stain it or it'll be the end for him.

 

I watch him walk to the gates and put on his ear buds for music before he smiled at his phone. I frowned. He was smiling. It must be TianMi. I heard a girl's footsteps from behind me and I quickly hid in the shadows. I turned my head at Sehun and it looked like he was bickering with TianMi a little before they headed off to somewhere.

 

I saw Sehun buying TianMi a hat, that rascal does have money, and how they walked together around downtown laughing and smiling at each other. About an hour later, they went to the noodle shop where the guys and I usually eat out and sat down at a seat next to the windowed wall. I stood right next to them outside and I have no idea if they were ignoring me or blind.

 

Sehun said he liked her and it was only now that I noticed it as I watch them blatantly flirting with each other. I hated it. I hated TianMi and I hated that Sehun liked her. I hated how Sehun was boldly holding her hands and making her blush. I despised it. I looked at the girl and saw how different she treated Sehun and I. With Sehun, she smiled and laughed sweetly, but with me, she swore and hit me, harshly.

 

Their meal arrived and Sehun smiled brightly at the sight of food. That was when it hit me. Why did I hate seeing Sehun happy? I always prioritised his happiness when he was in China, to make sure he was having fun. Why was I trying to take away what made him happy now, if what made him happy was TianMi? My phone rang and I answered the call without looking at the ID.

 

"Tao. Time to study. Come over to my house and bring Sehun along. He needs to study as well." Chen ordered.

 

"Sehun's busy at the moment." I replied, watching the two closely.

 

"Well whatever he's doing, he still needs to study, so force him or buy him something, for` bribery." Chen scolded impatiently.

 

"I'm not rich you idiot. I need to find myself a job for the amount of money I spent this past week and Sehun really is busy. He's... Learning how to cook with my mum." I retorted.

 

"Who needs to know how to cook? There's restaurants everywhere these days." He muttered in Korean.

 

"Well apparently, not you." It was now that Sehun finally turned my way and started choking on his noodles. I started running away, because I saw him get up from his seat, his eyes still on me.

 

"Whatever, just come study with or without Sehun. You're lucky I'm doing this for free." Chen said before hanging up. By now, I blended in among the people despite being completely in leather. When I was sure that Sehun wouldn't be able to find me, I headed back home to change and get scolded by my mum.

 

When Chen finally let me go of his prison house, I practically celebrated my freedom. I had been studying with him for over four hours already and I was starving. I went back home to find the smell of food tickling my nose. I headed immediately to the kitchen after dropping my bag on the floor at the entrance. The first thing I saw was Sehun with wide eyes.

 

"Tao. I made you food to help you with your constipation." My mum told me.

 

"For the last time, I'm not constipated!" I groaned.

 

"Tsk tsk. You're in denial." My mum shook her head.

 

"Deni— forget it. I'm hungry." I sat down in my seat.

 

While we were eating, Sehun was avoiding all contact with me. I didn't blame him. He thinks I caught him going on a date with TianMi and I do agree that I was being a little creepy following him around.

 

"Auntie, I'm full. I'm going to do go my homework." He said, probably feeling uncomfortable with me staring silently at him. Wow, I am a creep. He glanced at me for a second before walking away.

 

A few hours had passed, but Sehun was still in our room, doing homework as he had said. My mum hit me in the ribs with her elbow and pointed upstairs with her eyes.

 

"Go see what he's doing. It seems like you two have something to talk about." She said and resumed reading her book.

 

"We don't have anything to talk about." I crossed my arms, but my mum gave me a you-don't-think-I-know-well-enough glare. "Okay! I'll go talk to him." I raised my arms as if she was pointing a gun at me.

 

I went to my room and open the door abruptly, startling Sehun at the same time who quickly threw the covers over his head. He muttered something that sounded like "I'll call you back Jongdae." under the covers before slowly sliding it off his head.

 

"Hi." He cautiously waved.

 

"What are you doing?" I glared at him, taking my shirt off to shower.

 

"I'm just doing my homework on the bed with Jongdae's help and I'm sorry I went out to eat with TaeMi and I suddenly saw you standing there and— wait. Were you following me the whole time?" He quickly said with one breath. I turned away and slapped him with a cushion I found on the floor.

 

"I do what I want and I don't need to tell you everything I do." I said, discarding the cushion to the side.

 

"Then same goes for me!" He proudly crossed his arms and huffed.

 

"Then stop making me pay for everything when you have your own money."

 

"I didn't know my credit card could work in China!" He pouted, but I could tell he was lying.

 

"Why didn't you ask your bank in Korea then? I thought you couldn't use your money, so I paid for you most of the time."

 

"It's not like you had to. I clearly told you I could take care of myself and that I could do whatever I want since I came here for school." He retorted back. I knew that he was serious when he talked back to me.

 

"If you could take care of yourself, why do you always stick with me? Why do you always look for me in between classes? Why are you talking to me friends? They're mine." I growled. I could see he wasn't able to say anything when he threw his slippers at me.

 

"Fine. I won't touch your 'things' anymore." He huffed and stormed out of the room along with his homework and phone.

 


 

I woke up in the morning, alone in my room. It felt weird not having Sehun snoring on the floor, but it didn't bother me. I got dressed and went down the stairs for breakfast. I caught sight of a blanket and pillow messily sprawled on the couch. He must have slept there last night. I entered the kitchen and caught the hot toast my mum threw at me. I balanced it on the tip of my fingers and blew on it to reduce the heat.

 

"You better hurry. Sehun already left. Make sure he's safe." My mum said as she was hanging the apron on a hook on the wall. I snorted and kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to start worrying my mother. I'll take care of the problem myself.

 


 

It wasn't until lunch time that I saw Sehun. We made eye contact, but he only glared at me before turning away. I ignored him and went to my table at the cafeteria. Sitting down with the guys, I spotted Sehun with a group of giggling girls. Snapping his fingers in my face, Chen tried to draw my attention away from Sehun and the girls.

 

"Where's the Korean boy?" He asked, "He didn't call me back yesterday."

 

"Who? Sehun? Why are you looking for him?" Yixing asked, munching on his sandwich.

 

"Because he hung up on me while I was explaining the ovals in math. He needs to know that for the exam tomorrow." Chen tapped his chin, probably calculating numbers and letters– whatever.

 

"Look. He's over there with girls. Looks like he getting a hang of the girls in school." Luhan pointed the girls' table with a grin. We all turned to that table, except for Kris who was scrolling through his phone. Luhan was tapping the air on his right and turned to see an empty seat.

 

"Hey, where's Xiu?" He frowned.

 

"Sleeping at the library." Kris muttered, his eyes carefully analysing something on his phone.

 

"Hey Tao." Chen raised his arm at me, but it only hit my face as he swirled around to face me. Slapping his arm away, I glared at him. "Hehe... Sorry. Anyways, he's sitting with FangXue over there. I know it's her. It's impossible to forget her face when I saw her humiliate TianMi myself." He whispered.

 

"What? You saw FangXue humiliate TianMi?" I frowned. He cursed under his breath in Korean before scratching his head. He looked side to side before he leaned towards me, the guys still staring at Sehun,

 

"Yeah... I didn't tell anyone because FangXue caught me eavesdropping and threatened me. Don't tell any one!"

 

I saw TianMi standing at the door looking around for Sehun and I quickly walked towards her, blocking her from the table Sehun was. She was really startled when I grabbed her wrist and brought her away from school towards the noodle restaurant.

 

"Hey! Why are you bringing me here? Where's Sehun?!" She struggled to pry my hand off her wrist. I made her sit down in a chair and let go of her as I plopped myself on the opposite chair. She stood up to leave, but I pushed her down by her shoulders.

 

"I talked about my past with you and you didn't believe me. Just what the heck do you want now?!" She spat at me.

 

"Eat lunch with me." I said in a calmer manner than she did.

 

"Well you dragged me all the way here. What do you expect me to do? Leave without eating food that you're paying for?" She scoffed, "I hate you."

 

"The feeling's mutual." I glared.

 

"Why are you asking me to eat with you then?" She huffed and crossed her arms and faced away.

 

"Because we need to talk about Sehun." She didn't talk back, but gave me a glance at the corner of her eye, "and about you two."

 

"What about the two of us?" She asked, a little less hostile, "We’re not dating." She raised her chin.

 

"I know that. I want Sehun to be happy."

 

"What does that have to do with me?"

 

"You're the one that makes him happy. You're his happiness."

 

"And why should I believe you? You never believe me."

 

"Because you clearly know that I prioritize Sehun and that also means his happiness." I said with assurance.

 

"Why would I follow what you tell me to do?" Her tough posture was starting to fall, but she was still holding her head high.

 

"Because I know you like him and I can't keep protecting him from everything alone. You're the only one I know that won't hurt him." I admitted. I never thought I would say that to someone I despised.

 

"I still hate you." She scowled as the waiter came to take our orders.

 

[A/N]

Hi~! Finally! The story is being posted on Wattpad so don't panic about it being plagiarized! It's under the user "Chenester", my account. I know it's completely different from my AFF username, but you'll just have to deal with it! It currently only has the Prologue, because Wattpad is annoying and doesn't want to keep the format and I have to manually change all the Chinese in italic. But! I'll gradually put up all the chapters, so don't worry! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Peace~

Here is the link I hate ovals ;-;