(HT) Chapter 8

Contestant Number 1 and 2

I awoke to the sound of a loud, girly laughter. Who the hell is in my house? Slipping on a pair of fresh pants, forgetting the shirt, I made my way down stairs, not without depending the rail. I was greeted by the sight of my mother, Sehun and TianMi having tea, no doubt gossiping about me. I blinked a few times. Was I seeing things because of the fever? I rubbed my eyes with my hand and blinked a few times again. TianMi was still there. I was about to stomp way to her when I tripped over my own foot.

 

"Oh my Tao! Does it hurt?" My mother exclaimed.

 

"No, I hugged the floor." I grumbled.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

I lifted my head to see TianMi looking at me worriedly. She put her hand on my arm, probably hesitating to help me up, but I slapped it away and stood up myself.

 

"What are you doing here? Why are you here? Who let you in?" I growled.

 

She jerked away quickly and Sehun pulled her to his side.

 

"Don't be mean Tao. I invited her." Sehun matched my tone, looking as if he were guarding her from a wild animal.

 

"Boys, don't fight. We have a guest in the house." My mother interrupted our glaring contest.

 

"Her? A guest? Not on my watch!" I said roughly with a hoarse voice. "Sehun get her out of here now. If she's—"

 

I started coughing wildly and I put a hand on my throat. My mom made me sit down at the table and brought me some warm water. I downed it in one shot and a headache followed. I grabbed my head and shut my eyes.

 

"Defecate, this fever." I groaned.

 

"De-fe-cate?" Sehun pronounced each syllable.

 

"Fancy way to say crap." I heard TianMi explain quietly.

 

"Screw you. I'm going to bed." I said to TianMi before I stood up and went up the stairs.

 

"Tao! At least say that in Chinese so that TaeMi can— wait don't!" I heard Sehun shout and I shut the door harshly, but not without hitting my foot in the process.

 

I bit back a yelp and jumped on one foot while holding the other before falling on the bed.

 

"Tao! Can I come in?" Sehun knocked on my door.

 

"No." I sternly said.

 

"Please Gege~" he whined.

 

"No." I repeated, almost feeling bad for rejecting his begging, especially since it was in Chinese.

 

I heard a little ruckus outside the door but it quickly calmed down.

 

"Can I come in?" TianMi's small and fragile voice rang.

 

It was exactly like her voice when she was trying to explain herself in the school's garden. I stuffed my face in my pillow, remembering what she had said, and my mind crowded with the thought of TianMi being a victim instead of a .

 

"Wow, he fell asleep quickly." I heard Sehun remarked as the door opened.

 

"What did you say?" TianMi asked very quietly.

 

"Uh.. No important." Sehun enunciated.

 

"Get out." I threw the pillow in his face. "I need sleep."

 

"Auntie said you slept all day. I think you need to get some fresh air." Sehun retorted.

 

"Oh Sehun. Get. Out."

 

"Hmp. I don't want to understand what you said." Sehun huffed.

 

Frustrated, I got out of my bed and shoved the Korean out of my room and barricaded the door with a chair.

 

"Hyung!! Let me in!" Sehun started talking in his dialect which was completely incomprehensible for me.

 

"Sehun, don't bother Tao. He's sick and he needs rest." My mom hushed him.

 

"But–"

 

"No buts Sehun. Go do your homework."

 

It sounded like my mom ushered Sehun away and I sighed in relief. The last thing I needed today was to hear him complain about the language barrier. I turned to my bed ready to dive in, but there was a silhouette in the dark room. I the lights and turned to the girl.

 

"You," I started, "what are you trying to do?" I eyed her up and down. Still in uniform. I could have swore that I saw her gulp before opening to say something. "You're sick."

 

"So? I'm sick. None of your business." I walked over to my nightstand where there was a glass of water. I drank a sip of it before setting it back down and plopping down on my bed, rubbing my temples because of a headache.

 

"It is my business and I'll make sure to help make you healthy again." She frowned at me.

 

"Whatever, do what you want. I don't care as long as you don't bother me." I said as I laid down covering myself with a blanket. I mentally cursed myself for forgetting to pick up my pillow I threw at Sehun as I turn away from TianMi. I felt my pillow smack my face and I angrily sat up to glare at her.

 

"If you treat me like a , then I'm going to treat you like a jerk." She spat.

 

What? The TianMi I know is a shy and fragile girl, according to what she told me. Maybe she really is a after all. This girl only knows how to irritate me, doesn't she? She likes to play with one's mind, doesn't she? I'm not going to be manipulated by such a twisted girl.

 

Curious, I simply stared at her with my brows slightly furrowed, waiting to see what she'll do next. She awkwardly stood there with her shoulders hunched forward; fidgeting a little with her fingers and I could see that she was biting the insides of her cheeks with the little pout she had. I scoffed. Still not confident in herself.

 

"Why don't you try treating me like a jerk then? I'd like to see you try." I laid down and closed my eyes.

 

I could hear the chair moving, along with the door being slammed shut strongly. Despite the lights being on, sleep was eagerly calling for me and I gave in to its call.

 

"Tao! What was TaeMi doing in your ro—" Sehun started.

 

I shot out of my bed and shoved him out again before he could finish his sentence.

 

"I don't get why you keep shoving me out of a room that we share." Sehun whined.

 

"What is there to get? It’s my room."

 


 

I woke up half an hour later to smell something delicious, probably coming from the kitchen. I was surprised something actually smelt appetizing, because every time I smelt something earlier, I felt like puking. My body felt way better and I didn't needed the rail to support myself when I went to the kitchen.

 

"Are you feeling better honey?" My mom asked me.

 

"Starving." I answered hearing my stomach growl louder and louder.

 

"Dinner is going to be ready in just a second." She said as she ran water from the sink to wash her hands.

 

I suddenly felt the urge to go to the bathroom. The more I stared at the water, the more urgent it felt. Soon, I was starting to slightly jump and fidget.

 

"Damn it. Bathroom." I muttered before dashing to the one next to the living room. I turned the knob, but it was locked.

 

"TaeMi? You want bathroom use?" Sehun's voice echoed.

 

"Damn it, bathroom!" I cursed and ran up to the one upstairs.

 

I rushed in the hallway and turned the door knob to the bathroom, but it was locked as well. I continued jumping and it was starting to get really urgent.

 

"Where's a bathroom when I need it!" I muttered. The door magically open and TianMi stared at me curiously.

 

"BATHROOM! GET OUT! MOVE IT!" I pushed her aside and locked the door.

 

When I was done with my urgent needs, I sighed in relief as I washed my hands. I opened the door to head downstairs and I see TianMi stumbling away from the door. Not only does she invade my home, but she also stalks guys in bathrooms? I scoffed and walked past her, shoving her by the shoulder slightly.

 

"Dinner kids!" My mom announced.

 

I helped her bring the dishes to the dining room as Sehun lightly tugged TianMi by her blazer, showing her his puppy eyes.

 

"Stay please? Just dinner, one time?" He begged.

 

"But... Tao..." She shyly pointed at me.

 

"Don't sad! I will make Tao nice." He assured, probably mentally patting himself on his back.

 

I didn't even bother correcting him and settled down in my chair. I watched as the girl carefully sat across from me, next to Sehun. I could only clench my fist under the table as I tried to calm myself. This girl wants test my limits, doesn't she?

 

I reached out to take a piece of meat when, suddenly, a pair of chopsticks stopped mine. I looked at the owner of the chopsticks and I smirked. Fighting for a piece of meat when there are tons left. Typical Sehun. He grinned at me when I didn't let go of that specific piece of meat.

 

"Oh no, not again..." My mother sighed.

 

Before anyone else could say anything, Sehun slapped my chopsticks away, with his own, and quickly went for the meat. I pinched his cutlery with mine right when he was about to grab the food. We were fighting with our chopsticks in mid air and it wasn't until my mom ate the piece of meat that we noticed she took it.

 

"Auntie~ I wanted that~" Sehun whined as he pulled away.

 

"Wow, I should do this more often since Sehunnie always seems to have better grammar when he whines." My mom laughed. "TianMi, you should help Sehun with his Chinese since Tao is doing such a poor job now." She purposely whispered loud enough for me to hear.

 

"Mom, really? Chinese is a hard language for foreigners to learn." I raised a brow.

 

"Yes! Really really hard language Auntie!" Sehun furiously nodded his head.

 

"Oh I didn't know my own son was a foreigner." She joked and TianMi let out a giggle.

 

I huffed and stuffed some rice in my mouth. TianMi reached out to get some vegetables at the same time, but I took it before her and ate it. She frowned at me and tried picking vegetables again, only to have it stolen by me again. She moved on to the meat and I attacked the piece she wanted, but Sehun stopped me.

 

"Be nice to TaeMi." He frowned and held my chopsticks until TianMi ate the meat. "See! Me make sure Tao nice!" He said to her.

 

"Tao, you should TianMi home later. It's starting to get dark and it's dangerous for a girl to be alone at night." My mom suggested.

 

"What? No! I'm not escorting her home." I refused.

 

I wasn't going to walk silently with a in the dark again.

 

"Then Sehun, you her home." She turned to him.

 

"?"

 

His eyebrows pinched together as he tried to figure out what the word meant.

 

". Why don't you bring TianMi home?" My mom said in Korean to make sure he understood.

 

"Oh. So that's what it meant. Sure! I'm going to be a better gentleman instead of Gege." He smiled brightly.

 

"And Tao, you still have to go."

 

"What! Why?" I complained.

 

"Because I'm afraid Sehun will lose his way back home. I made a promise to Auntie Oh to keep him safe and you're not going to make me break that promise, are you?" She scolded me.

 

"I don't need someone to bring me home. I can just go home myself." TianMi shyly said her opinion that nobody heard, except for me.

 

"See TaeMi! Tao need... Fighting with Auntie and I don't need fighting, so I'm better gen... gen... boy!" Sehun proudly boasted to the girl. "And you! You still owe me a new phone!" He pointed at me.

 

I stiffened when I was reminded that I lunged at him and smashed his phone. My mother would flip if she knew about that.

 

"Tao? Why do you owe him a new phone?" My mom questioned.

 

"N-nothing mom. He's just jealous that I have a better phone than he does." I blurted out.

 

"Wha—" Sehun started, I kicked his shin and gave him the don't-you-dare-say-it glare. "I mean, whaow yeah he had a better phone. I'm jealous." He said with a frown which my mom mistook it as jealousy.

 

"Then do you want me to buy a new one for you?" My mom asked.

 

"No, no, no. I'll be fine with the one I have now." He waved his hands in front of him.

 

Dinner was a little awkward. Seeing my mom interact with TianMi made me furious. She kept pretending to be an innocent girl towards my mother and I couldn't do anything without my mom telling me off.

 

When we were done eating, I noticed I was still shirtless and I was slightly embarrassed I was exposing my awesome abs to that .

 

"Tao, go get dressed. Sehun, you too and warmly. The nights in China are cold." My mom said.

 

"But I was sick today!" I complained one last time.

 

"And now you're not. So go." She commanded.


I grumbled as I went to put on a shirt and slipped into my jacket. Without waiting, I put on my shoes and started walking towards TianMi's house from what I remembered the day before. 

 



[A/N] 

I know it usually takes like two days for Tao's POV to come out, but I've been busy lately! And this chapter is probably a filler chapter... Umm... I'm going to keep the A/N short so peace out~!

Hmm later this weekend, maybe?