Prologue

Contestant Number 1 and 2

"Tao! Taoo!! Wait for me!" Sehun cried. 

"Would you stop following me?" Tao sighed. 

"But Aunty Huang told me to play with you..." The young boy whined. 

"Then tell her that I don't want to play with a boy that's a year younger!" Tao raised his voice. 

"But... But... But..." He sniffed his nose. 

Tao started running and left Sehun behind, trying to hold his tears, but failing miserably. Giving up on holding his tears in, he sobbed loudly in the streets. He looked around hoping to find Tao, but instead realized that he had no idea how to go back to the house. It was his first week in China at the Huang's house since his parents wanted him to start learning the language. He bawled even more loudly as he crouched down to hug his knees.

Someone tapped his shoulder and Sehun turned around to see a man with messy hair and an unshaven beard. 

"Hey kiddo. Are you lost?" The man asked in Chinese. 

Sehun froze without understanding what the man had said. Up until now, he had been talking to Tao in Korean, but he hasn't said much since Tao had ignored him for the past few days. 

"Hey come with me. I'll take you back home." The man said with a sly smile. 

The man took his wrist and made him stand up. However, Sehun knew it was someone bad since his mother always told him that strangers are bad. He struggled to get the man's hand off his wrist, but with no avail since the man was so much more stronger. 

Not knowing what else to do, Sehun bawled once more while trying to make the man let go. It wasn't until a familiar voice called for him when all actions ceased. 

"Sehun!" Tao called with a Chinese accent gaining the attention of the man. 

Tao had hidden behind a tree when he left the younger. Even if he didn't like playing with Sehun, he was still slightly worried about him. What made him jump out from his hiding spot was that Sehun, a 8 year old kid, was being taken away by a man he recognized. The maniac of the city. 

Sehun took the chance and broke free from the man's grip and ran towards Tao. 

"Tao!" Sehun called back with a shaking voice. 

"Hun, hurry. We need to run." Tao whispered and took Sehun's hand before running off with the younger straggling behind him struggling to keep up. 

On instinct, the man had started running after them, but with his stamina draining quickly, he struggled to keep up with the kids.

After hiding under the slide at the park, they both regained their breath and waited quite a while before coming back out. 

"Why do you act like such a baby? The man could have done something bad to you!" Tao scolded Sehun. 

"I... I... I don't know why..." Sehun stuttered, on the verge of tears again. 

"Next time you either stick close me or you stay in the house got it? You still don't know your way around here and I don't want you to get lost or worse grounded! Okay?" Tao said. 

"Okay Hyungnim." Sehun mummbled, whiping his tears away. 

"Sehun, in China it's Gege not Hyungnim." Tao stated. 

"Okay Gege...? I will listen to you very well!" Sehun smiled. 

"Now lets go home! I want to eat ice cream now." Tao smiled. 

As an only child, he usually hung out with his older cousins, that are in University when they are free, causing Tao to become more mature than most kids his age. Without the cousins knowing, Tao started to understand that the world was filled with bad people and to not trust an stranger through listening to the elders conversations. Since Tao was older he felt responsible of Sehun since the latter seemed so frail and innocent. 

 

It had come to the final days of summer vacation and the two young boys had gotten so close together. They were basically brothers already. The two did whatever brothers did : cycling, eating together and of course playing. Tao already threw away his original view of Sehun when the boy first came to visit for vacation. Tao was friendly towards him and he even taught Sehun some of the wushu moves he knew. Sehun cried way less as he grew closer with Tao. The Korean boy's record was not crying for a week straight. Of course he still had to work on it, but he was improving. 

"Hun! You want to go see the frog I found in the backyard?" Tao asked. 

"Huh? A frog? I have never seen a frog before. Where is it?" Sehun excitedly jumped. 

"Sehunie, make sure you don't touch the frog okay? You could get very sick and you don't want that don't you?" Mrs. Oh told him. 

"Yes mommy! I promise I'm not going to touch it. I'm just going to watch it!" Sehun exclaimed happily. 

With that, the two boys ran out to the backyard in search of the frog that Tao found. Mrs. Huang gave an uneasy glance at Mrs. Oh. 

"You sure you don't want me to tell them that you're leaving this afternoon?" Mrs. Huang asked. 

"Yes I'm sure. I don't want them to be unhappy. Besides, were planning on coming back next year." Mrs. Oh answered her. 

"If that's what you want then." 

A few hours later, it was time that Sehun's family had to leave. The suitcases were packed and everybody was dressed comfortably. 

"Tao, stay with daddy at home okay? Mommy needs to bring Sehun and his family somewhere." Mrs. Huang told the child. 

"No mommy! I want to go with Sehun. Please let me go too~" Little Tao begged. 

Mrs. Huang gave her friend a glance. The latter sighed and nodded making Tao jump hapilly as he quickly went to grab his socks and slipped into his shoes, ready to go. 

"Tao, let's go in the car first!" Sehun whispered. 

"The last one in sleeps on the floor." Tao grinned. 

"Okay, on three. One, two—" 

Sehun had a head start and Tao was complaining that it wasn't fair. Upon arriving in the car, the two were laughing. 

"It's not fair. You cheated!" Tao complained. 

"But I've been sleeping on the floor for most of the time! You should be nicer to me."

"Gege~" Sehun added.  

"Okay fine, but next time no cheating." 

"Promise." 

The adults started alightling the car and off they were to their destination. No one was talking during the whole ride. Not even one whisper from the two boys. Tao stared out the window and watched the tall building disappear behind them. He knew there wasn't anything interesting outside of town so he felt weird. *Why are we leaving town?* he thought. Curiosity got the best of him and he asked his mother. 

"Mommy, where are we going?" 

"You'll see when we get there so don't worry." Mrs. Huang replied. 

"Okay mommy." 

Some time passed before someone interrupted the silence. 

"Look Tao! That's the big building thing with a lot of airplanes! Look, that airplane looks just like the one I took to come to China." Sehun pointed as they approached the airport. 

Tao seemed amazed at the big airplanes, but he suddenly realized something. 

"Wait Sehun, if you came to China from that building, why are ge going there now? Are you leaving today?" Tao voiced out. 

"W-what??" Sehun was taken aback and turned to his mother. "Mommy, we're not leaving right? Tomorrow we're still going to be in China right?" 

"I'm sorry Sehunie, we're leaving in a few hours." Mrs. Oh said. 

His eyes were already glistening with tears threatened to fall out. However, it wasn't long before they heard him balwing uncontrollably. 

"Don't worry Sehunie. We're going to come back again. I pinky promise." Mrs. Oh comforted him as she held out her pinky at him. 

His sobs suddenly calmed down and stared at her pinky. 

"You promise?" he said, sounding like a sob. 

"Yes. I'll even buy you ice cream."

"Pinky promise." Sehun exclaimed as he wrapped his little pinky around his mother's. 

He turned to Tao and held his pinky out at him. 

"Promise you'll be here when I come back." Sehun said a bit more confidently. 

"And I'll even let you sleep on the bed." Tao promised and wrapped his finger around Sehun's. "Oh and here's your very early birthday present. Make sure you don't lose it kay?" Tao said as he took the skull beaded bracelet from his wrist and put it on the younger boy's hand. 

"I won't lose it gege!" Sehun smiled as he slipped the bracelet onto his wrist. 

 

Sehun set his suitcase up right and fixed his square sunglasses. Looking about the lonely airport he sighed. He knew he had a taxi coming for him in a little bit so checking the time on his watch he slightly hesitated when he caught a glimpse of a little beaded skull bracelet accompanying his watch. It’s late, I am late. The Korean gave a small smile, picking up his suitcase he headed to the entrance of the airport to look for his taxi.

 

 

Tao went shove his covers aside, he was uncomfortably hot for some reason, even though it was mid fall.

 

“Uggh” the teen groaned when the govers didn’t budge. taking a second attempt with more force he shoved something too heavy to be just a blanket off his bed. That oddly heavy blanket thudded loudly when it made contact with the floor. Waking the Tao up fully from shock, he sat up when his covers started to groan and wiggle about.

 

“Hello?” He asked cautiously. The blankets rustling increased after Tao spoke up.

 

“Gege~” A blond boy popped out his head from under the blankets.

 

“Sehun! Where have you been?!” The elder broke out in a brilliant smile. And the boy still tangled in blankets giggled.

 


 

Hi everyone! This is author SHINeeTurtle here to present you with the prologue of CN1&2~ 

My friend nobias here was busy all week with her finals while I had nothing to do :) 

Credits to her though for the part where the boys are older. She wrote it. (My TaoHun feels~) 

The first chapter will be written by her and it will be posted... when she'll be done with it. So it will be in Sehun's POV and I don't know what else to mention... Bye~