A date?

Broken Wings

 

You woke up in the middle of the night after having a nightmare. Taking a sip of the water, you sighed, " I miss you, Sehun ah.."

Hugging your knees, you looked around the cold, dark room. A single tear slid down from your eye, followed by another one and another one, soon a steady stream of salty tears flow down your cheeks. You wipe it away with the back of your hands, but tears just kept flowing down. "Why am I all alone here?" You wailed.

Sehun patted your head, "Sorry.. Jaein ah... Please don't cry." He lowered down his head as he felt useless, " I am afraid that I am not able to protect you anymore. Please be strong."

As if that you heard him, you glanced around the room, "Sehun oppa, you must be beside me right?  I don't know what had happened, But even though I can't see you anymore, I am sure that you will still be around me right?"

"I will still be here. I will always be here." Sehun replied as he gave you a hugged.

V was still trying to fall asleep after coming back home. He wanted to stay in the hospital to accompany you, but you had asked him to go home and rest.

"Aish.." He ruffled his hair and sat up on his bed. He can't stop thinking about you, "Will she be alright? I should have stayed there."

------------------

The alarm clock goes off and V quickly shot up from his bed and went to wash himself up. He looked at the clock at its only 6:30am. He grabbed his bag and began to head out.

Slowly, he slides the door open as he didn't want to wake you up. He popped his head into your ward and realised that you were not there. He walked into the room and check the restroom but you were not there as well.

"Where did she go? Have she went for body check up?" He glanced at the watched and it's only 8 am. He knew that your appointment with the doctor is in the afternoon.

"Miss, do you know where did this patient go?" He asked the nurse who was doing routine.

The nurse shook head, "No. I just started my morning shift." V decided to give you a call, however you left your phone in the room.

Worried, he  rushed out of the ward to look for you. He tried to ask around but none of the nurse knew your whereabouts, "Aish.. you should take note of where your patient went." V hissed.

Furrowed his brow, his search around the rooftop garden thinking that you could be here.

"Oppa.." he heard a familiar voice called and turned his back. He saw you standing in front of him and ran towards you, pulling you into a hugged.

Your eyes widened as you were shocked at his action. "Oppa, are you alright?" you asked with concern.

He pulled apart and began to scream, "YAH, do you know how worried am I? I thought that something might happen to you. At least informed the nurse first before you wandered around the hospital."

Stunned by his voice, you took a step behind, "Sorry.." your voice trembled, "I.. didn't.. know you would come and ... visit me. I thought you would have gone to school."

After realising that what he had just done, he started to feel bad. "I am sorry. I shouldn't have yell at you."

He searched for your eyes as you tried to avoid his eye contact. He then realised that your eyes are red and puffy.

"Jaein ah, did you cry?" He warily asked. You quickly shook your head and denied, "No.. I am just sleepy. I couldn't sleep last night, and I decided to come out here. In the end, I was here the whole night."

Luckily, he believe in it and ruffled your head, " You must be really tired. I bought breakfast for you, let's go and replenish some energy."

-------------------------------

"Woah.. Kimbap" You clapped your hands happily, " I was craving for it. Thanks oppa!" You beamed.

V's heart skip a beat at your smile, "Yah, don't smile at me like this."

"Why? " You asked as you stuffed a slice of kimbap in your mouth.

"I might fall for you." V replied, without hesitation.

You heard that and were almost choked on a piece of food in your mouth. "Are you alight?" V patted your back and handed you a cup of water, "Drink this."

Seeing your reaction, V laughed it off, "I was just kidding." But in his mind, *I hope you would fall for me too*

"Oppa, I thought it was real." You lightly slapped his arm.

"Why, do you hope that it was real?" He leaned closer to you and his face was just inches away from yours.

You swallowed as you felt  butterflies flitting around in your stomach,"No.." You quickly looked away.

V smirked and sat on the chair, " Yah, let's go for a date after you have recovered"

"A date? But we are not a couple." You stated.

"Who says only couple can go for date. Siblings can go for a date as well!" V smiled, " It has been a long time since we went out together."