Bad Nights

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
       。bad nights

          CHAPTERnine

 

。HAN AERA
We stopped checking for monsters under our bed, when we realize that they were inside us.

I look down at her, midway actually. She’s tall for her age, probably taller than me when she gets older.

"I'm Aera." Even I was shock at my own friendliness. I’m not exactly this friendly, I could just walk off and leave but then I didn’t.

 

"Wah...Aera and Jaera! Lovely!" Jaera exclaims. I look to her again with her wide, twinkling eyes and her sincere and friendly smile towards me. She must be a wonderful girl. I was like her before, being bullied and still wants to have friends, the only thing was that,  I failed. Jaera is a breath of fresh air, she’s probably new which is kind of obvious because I have not seen her before.  

**

 

 

"My only princess, we will see each other again. I promise." Mr. Kim's eyes promised everything, I swore , that I saw how sincere he was, that he really wants to see me again, that he will be with me again. And I believed it.

 

I waited patiently. I finished my second grade, third and fourth, but he was nowhere near us. I was okay for while because he was on the TV and magazines, and I can see him that way, holding his children. I was so happy when he came to my grade school graduation even though he just met me and my mother behind closed door. I was still happy because he was there, he did what he promised.

 

He gave me my ice skate while staring proudly at me, and I  promised to myself to be a great figure skater. My mom was happy too; they hugged and kissed and I felt like my heart burst inside my chest. That time was perfect, too perfect, and I will never forget that moment.

 

Another sets of years, and Mr. Kim didn't visit us. My mom was very upset, she became upset with everyone, especially me. She started to scream, cry and began to hurt me. I was so scared, I felt like I was dying inside from the suffocation inside our house. I felt like we were trapped, and Mr. Kim was the only one who can free us. Years passed, and Mr. Kim seemed like he’d forgotten about us, his family looked very happy, but I can't be jealous. I can't cry, and I can't be hurt ,despite at a young age, I already knew how different we were living from other people, we were living secretly behind a happy family. I knew that Mr. Kim and my mother aren't a couple, they never were.  They were strangers with a child. With me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter