Fragment

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                fragment。

          CHAPTER twenty five

 

。I swear, sometimes it's like you want me to hate you. 

Aera didn't know how to act in front of Kai. Her gaze flew to his closed eyes. Before she even realized it, she took in his eyebrows, his nose, and his lips. His lips were so plump, no wonder she enjoyed kissing them. She couldn’t stop all the sensual thoughts from flooding her mind, and Aera blushed.

 

Kai’s lips formed a small smirk as he felt Aera lean into the pillow, closer to him. “What are you thinking?” he asked with his eyes still closed.

 

“W-what?” Aera gasped and straightened her back.

 

Kai chuckled shortly before opening his eyes in a lazy manner, “Are you thinking about Sehun?”

 

Aera looked away but soon returned her gaze to Kai, who was staring at her with such intensity that it seemed he could see inside her would. Upon realizing that he asked her a question, Aera cleared .

 

“I always think about him,” she confessed, “but not at this moment. I didn’t think about him in the last few hours.” After responding, Aera was silent for a moment before continuing, “I was thinking of my friend, Krystal. She hates me and I deserve it.” Aera bit her lips as she looked up to prevent herself from tearing.

 

“I know people hate me, you know. You can probably just google ‘Han Aera’ and you will find something that will make you instantly hate me. Honestly, I really don’t care about that, but it’s different when it comes to Krystal. She was the first friend I had, and I just stupidly messed it up,” she sighed before chuckling to ease the burning sensation inside her chest.

 

Aera bravely took a little peek at Kai, and found that his gave her his full attention. She didn’t expect him to stay still and listen. She didn’t even think that she would tell him about herself. It just happened.

 

“Continue,” he encouraged. If it was another time, she would have been annoyed at this command. However, she didn’t mind so much today, for she wanted to share this part of herself with him.

 

Aera looked away and sighed again, “I just wanted to make her stay. Did you know she’s leaving? Anyway, I know she didn’t need my money, but even so, I told her that I would pay for her to stay. But what can I say, money is the only thing I have. I have nothing else that I can help her with.”

 

Hot tears started to flow on her cheeks as she bit her lips to stop the sobs that she had been holding. “I never realized until then that I am always the one who receives. I never gave anything away before. I’m so selfish…” she muttered before breaking down even more.

 

Kai was stunned, as he didn’t see this coming. Aera, the one person who causes all the stress in his life, was crying. More importantly, she was crying for someone she truly cared about from the bottom of her heart.

 

He placed his hand on hers and gave it a slight squeeze. Upon feeling this, Aera laughed softly and dried her tears with her hands. While looking straight at him, she gave him a small, dimpled smile. “I’m still drunk, I guess.”

 

----

 

“Kai?” Aera leaned on to take a look at Kai. After she calmed herself down, both decided to rest, and Kai’s breathing was so even that she thought he may be asleep. Aera sighed before pushing herself up to lean on the headboard. She had been lying stiffly on the bed for a long time since he was beside her, and she was afraid that they would touch.

 

“What?” Kai murmured. A small squeak came from when he responded.

 

“Are you going to sleep here?” It was obvious from her voice that she didn't like the idea. On top of that, her heart was beating faster t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter