Abandoned

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                 abandoned。

          CHAPTER twenty three

 

。Isn't it funny that you become the "never leave you" kinda person after being left behind
time after time?

 

After pulling Naeun into the car and starting the engine for the trip home, Sehun stayed silent as his eyes stared at the road ahead of him. Naeun was also quiet, but tears ran down her face as she cried in her seat. The atmosphere was tense, and neither dared to make a sound.

 

But half an hour later, Sehun couldn’t stand it anymore. “Why are you crying, Naeun? We’re almost home. You can rest soon.”

“Why do you always side with her? Her being there despite your knowing that she threatened me in the past is too much, Sehun,” Naeun broke down while touching her belly. She needed to calm down.

 

Sehun sighed. Naeun really seemed to change in the last few months. She used to be so patient and so understanding of Aera’s mannerisms, but now when Aera didn’t do a thing, Naeun instead releases her anger on someone else. “That behavior back there isn’t you, Naeun... how can you do that to Jaera? She is just a kid, there is no need to treat her like that.”

 

“I don't know… I just can’t control my emotions, you know I tried so hard to control my hormones but I think everything was too much for me.”

 

And the ride was silent afterwards as well.

 

-------

 

Aera tried to call Krystal, but each call went to the dialtone. Aera knew that what she did was wrong. Her best friend was incredibly sensitive when it come to money, but Aera still brought up money. She felt empty and lonely, and she needed a drink to calm her nerves.

 

Even as she entered the convenience store, grabbed some canned beer, and paid for the drinks, each call was rejected. Aera became so frustrated that once she reached the nearby park, she threw her phone to the ground. Tears began to flow down her face, and she made no attempt to wipe them away.

 

While sipping her third can, her phone buzzed, indicating receipt of a text. Aera quickly picked up her phone, but Krystal’s message was short. “I’m busy. Please don’t call again.” Aera double checked to make sure that she wasn't hallucinating, but Krystal really did write that message.

 

“What do you mean don’t call again,” Aera muttered while picking up her empty cans, tossing them away, and heading back home. Sarcastic laughs erupted from . “Who am I to want to talk to you if you don’t even want to talk to me?” Aera slurred. Her head was fuzzy from being drunk, but she could still feel the pain of being rejected.

 

Aera bit her lips tightly as she made her way back home and laid on the sofa. The house was empty, and she tried hard to calm herself down. “It’s okay, it will be fine,” she continued to mutter to herself over and over, but it was of no use.

 

Aera shook her head, and gave in. “No!” her scream echoed all over the living room. Tears flowed like rivulets down her face. She stood up on her wobbly legs, and began to grab anything that she could reach. Her screams then turned into loud whimpers and murmurs, “This is not fine… Why do I always lose everyone?”

 

Aera forcefully pushed the vase that was on the table. However, she didn’t expect it to be heavy, so it fell right on her feet as it landed on the ground and cracked into pieces. Each piece slashed her skin open, and Aera groaned as blood flowed out of the wounds and intense pain grew inside her.

 

“,” she screamed in frustration, and her legs gave up as she sat onto the floor. Aera didn’t dare look at her feet, as she knew plenty of blood was flowing out from the cuts. From being drunk to being cut, Aera just shut her eyes and chose to empty her mind.

-----

Kai was working on some papers when h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter