Closer

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
             closer。

          CHAPTER twenty nine

 

。"Is it a talent when people can easily show affection to another when it takes me a few years to even trust on someone. It's unfair."

 

This chapter isn't proofread or anything so sorry for any grammar mistakes or whatsoever.

 

 

Aera waited for a few minutes before someone enters Kai's house again, it was Baekhyun who looked flabbergasted to see her. Slightly cautious with Baekhyun's hate for her, Aera looked around to see Kai walking down from the staircase with a different shirt.
 
"Look who's here? The of the town! Why are you here, huh?" Baekhyun's voice was very friendly, it almost made her think twice that his words were nothing but mean.
 
"Nothing to mess with? Don't worry I won't tell Sehun you're getting someone while he's away, he'll be glad I bet. You're here for Kai right? How shameless." Baekhyun continued and even nudged Aera harshly with his elbow. Aera counted to ten to get all the weird feeling that started to grow on her. It was normal that Baekhyun always getting on her nerves, but this was different, Sehun was nowhere around. She had no one to defend on her.
 
"It's not your business, ." She can handle the hate from Baekhyun's stare but she can't just let him say whatever he likes.
 
"Yah, don't play brave with me, your shining armor isn't around I won't think twice to hurt you , especially if you deserves it." He hissed when Kai grabbed his friend's shoulder to stop him.
 
"Yah, this in not your house, why are you causing ruckus here?" He said calmly but he knew that he was near punching his hyung’s face. He knew Baekhyun to be blunt but never was rude to anyone especially to a girl.
 
Aera started to walk towards their front door without saying something. Although a bit annoyed at her, Kai can't help but to watch her as she looked straight to Baekhyun while biting her lips, but that was all he could see, there was no emotion was written on her.

"I should get going." And left the house. He felt so heavy to just watch Aera leave when he knows it very well that he didn't even treated her nicely since earlier. 
 
"Yah, Kim Kai you don't know that girl. She's dangerous."
 
Jaera got out from her room excitedly and looked around to search for Aera. Instead she saw her older brother with his friend Baekhyun, whom she just met twice and never liked him even a bit. She felt weird with him, maybe the fact that he was close with Naeun did the trick.
 
"Jongin-oppa where is Aera unnie?" She asked rather annoyed when Baekhyun greeted her with a loud voice.
 
Before Kai could answer his Jaera, the very curious Baekhyun already bombarded him with questions. That friend of his never liked Aera, it was very obvious by the was he reacts when the latter was around, "What? Aera is hanging with her too? Wow."
Without answering Baekhyun Kai turned to his sister. "I think she has something urgent to do." which Jaera nodded and walked towards the front door, but not without a frown on her face.
 
"Jaera! Where are you going? You're doing homework that's why we got home." Kai reminded, impatience was obvious on his voice.
 
"Fine! After that I'm going to Aera unnie huh." Jaera rolled her eyes before going inside her room and grabbed her bag and started to do her homework
 
 



Kai was busy reading a book he bought earlier when Baekhyun spoke again, nudging his arm which meant his friend needed some attention, "What is it this time? Did we just said goodbye not few minutes ago?" Kai said without looking away from what he was doing.
 
"Don't you think it's a bad idea that Aera’s hanging out with your so nice little sister?"Baekyun started again, he didn’t like what he did back there but he knew better to not react too much, it will only make Baekhyun more triggered.
 
"Why not? There’s nothing wrong with it and Aera doesn’t go here too much." He said, nonchalantly.
 
"Have you seen how that Aera treated your cousin and don't you heard about what her mom's drug related issues? That girl is a bad influence. You need to watch your sister if I were you." Baekhyun whispered as if it was a top secret that only them can know.
 
That snatched Kai's attention, he could not deny that he was interested in Aera and annoyed at her at the same time.
 
"Don't you think you listen too much neighbourhood gossip lately, Baehyun-hyung?" He said sarcastically, he hated when people sticking their nose with other’s affair. which made Baekhyun slightly offended.
 
"Yah! What do you think of me? It's not a gossip, okay? Sehun knows that too but of course he always bail Aera out of the trouble. That guy is really consistent in making that Aera look innocent. He always get in trouble in the hospital because of Aera and her mother."
 
"Hospital?"
 
"Yeah! Hospital! Whenever Mrs. Han’s  home, we already know that Sehun will be busy in the next few weeks but whenever we asked him who got into the hospital, he won't answer and told us to stay out of his business. That's too strange but we didn't push him, you know Sehun when he's angry but I bet it's Mrs. Han and didn't want the press to know. Overdose, maybe?"
 
Kai knew it was bad to listen to someone's life from someone who's obviously biased and by the looks of it, Baekhyun's snitching Aera's life on him but everything he had heard was all a revelation, he realized he knew nothing about this place, about Aera and how her story might be.
 
"Hyung, I think you should stop blabbering nonsense and say whatever your purpose is."
 
"Nothing, I was just bored." He said cackling.
*
Aera had no choice but to go home, as if she'll have fun going out by herself, she didn’t manage to make some friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter