Torn

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
       torn

          chapter thirtyone

 "and if you've never felt your soul being torn apart, you've never loved anyone with all your heart.

Thank you to Thosemine01 for helping me!

 

As if someone had knocked the door of her senses, she realised that being around with Kai was a wonderful encounter. It was dirty and raw but at the same it felt so right in mind, and tight in heart.

Aera managed to get off from Kai’s grasp, a train of thoughts swirled in her head, pondering what’s she supposed to do right now especially in the case wherein she’s only in her undergarments, alone in bed with a guy. 

“So tell me about yourself.” Kai cut the silence, his sharp caffeine eyes were trained on her, like a predator prying over its prey. His stare was too intense; it’s full of hidden messages. And that’s one of Kai’s habit she knew just now—his eyes don’t picture a single lie. 

“I’m not applying for any job, mister.” She grinned to his liking expression. It was fascinating to see a man looking at her as if he were afraid to blink. 

Kai rolled his eyes from her; taking her joke lightly and little tilts-up appeared on the corners of his lips. Then he smirked, arching his right eyebrow at her. Was he trying to seduce me or what? She thought. 

“My full name is Han Aera, free and young 20-years-old girland oh ya—a . Sorry I forgot to add that—“ But Kai cut her words short. 

“Ignorant.” He unexpectedly added, with a grinning face. She didn’t see that coming. And, she did feel some laments towards his comment. Nevertheless she ignored this hasty feeling off her chest and continued.

“—I live with my mom. I also have a car which I drive without license because I failed the last time I applied and yes you were right I was ignorant with my teacher, I mean if he weren’t shouting at me all the time then I wouldn’t go crazyon him. He was too loud, I think my ears will be bleeding if I take another test again.” She said briefly almost to chuckle but she decided not to let it out when his expression turned into a serious one which gave her a signal that she should stop rambling right now.

Instead of commenting to her confession, Kai asked, softly. “How’s about your dad? Your childhood? And how is your family like?”

“What is this? A slam book?” She replied slyly, not sure about telling him her complicated life. “You know, having this kind of conservation between us, just don’t feel right, after all.”

Kai could see clearly on her face, that, the fact; she was still in her doubts. And he wanted to punch himself for rushing things with her.

“Don’t be afraid.” His big, warm hands covered her small, cold hands. “Just tell me everything like the way you’d told everything to Sehun—so that....” he inhaled, his thumb caressed at the back of her hand slowly yet enchanting, “—so that I can be your future.”

“My future?” She chuckled. “How far can you be so cliché?” And he burst along.

Kai regained back to his calm composure but the grin was still plastered on his face. Then he rested his arms at the headrest, looking at her expectantly—he was waiting for her. She gulped.

“Well...I come from a complicated family. The thing’s just—it’s an entirely messed up, my father is a businessman of somewhere, and I have...half siblings, I don’t know much of them,” then Aera glanced at him, as expected he was still listening to her, with his sharp caffeine eyes and his tightened-lips.

She continued, “—my mom is currently in a fatal state. She doesn’t know how to differentiate between the realities with her own world. She had to accept that my father won’t end up with her even they have a child because apparently my father’s nature is to cheat on his legal wife. He also rather bears the children of his mistresses than me.” 

“That’s why I hate men. They’re more complicated than girls. And I hate women too, who lock up men using a child. I’ve seen a lot of scenes like that from screen, and believe me those scenes are not good to watch.” Kai’s thumb caressing her upper lips and back to her cheek, a single smile of his indicated the assurance—that she can trust him with those contents of her life.

“Do you miss him?”

“Sometime.” Her reply was short. “Once I believed him that he’d come for me, but now, it’s different. I was like a fool to even expect that he would come to see me, us. He’s a good liar.” Aera whispered and her eyes closed the moment she felt a warm hand delicately traced along her sides.

She heaved a deep breath as his fingertips travelled along her jaw to the crook of her neck. His little action was starting to make her feel the burns. It’s hot and bothered to her liking. Her inside was yelling in danger when his hands tracing along her popped out and defined collarbone, lingering slowly to the south. 

Her breath was ragged, just like that, he left her in breathless with less effort of hers to open her eyes, scared to open that she’ll realise what was she doing right now, was absolutely wrong. Nevertheless, his touch made her feel good.

“!”

Aera flinched by his loud cursing, her eyes shot open as his hands suddenly withdrew from her. She felt cold out of blue, it was like she was abandoned by the street in the cold demeanour. Aera looked at him questioning, but he returned nothing expression to her as he was already brushing through locks of his hair, groaning as if he were regretted with something. 

“What’s wrong—“

“Please don’t ask me.” Kai groaned and shifted his body away from her. Now Aera felt totally cold. 

She studied Kai’s expression; all she could see he was frustated over something, or more likely, her. 

“Did I do something wrong?” and unconsciously voiced out what’s inside her mind.

“No!” He stuttered, “It’s not you, you did nothing wrong—I mean, yep, you did nothing it just me. I’m the one who is wrong right now and the solution is I need to get away from you.” 

Kai couldn’t find the exact words to explain the embarassing truth behind his strange action. He couldn’t admit that he was  just by watching her face changing expression from time to time. It looked so divine, wanted and full when she pouted her lips and it was within his reach.

He just c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter