Chapter 3

Break Your Heart
Chapter 3 – Hyukjae’s POV
 
I was watching her throughout her phone call with this ‘Hae oppa’ of hers and saw how she looked so happy while talking to him. This guy apparently asked her out but well, of course Hyunnie rejected it since she was with me.
 
 
I immediately bombed her with several questions about him right after the phone call.
 
 
‘Hm, his name is Lee Donghae and he’s a good friend of mine in my class. I don’t know how close your definition of close is, but we often hang out after school with Haera and Tae Kyung oppa whenever you’re not free to accompany me. Other than that, we don’t really hang out often. Come to think of it, today is the first time he asked me out.’ Hyun said while placing her finger on her chin.
 
 
‘Oh… so someone is wooing you now huh? Seems like we can break up sooner or later already.’ I said, but couldn’t help but feel a tinge of sadness, thinking we might break up soon. Fear was evident in her eyes and she immediately pounced onto me, hugging me tightly while saying, ‘Never will I let you go.’ She pouted, making me chuckled.
 
 
However, I know all these are going to end soon because I actually felt jealous about this Donghae guy. Other than me, no one has made Hyunnie smile like that before; he must be something to her to have such effect on her. It has been long since I felt jealous towards someone, and I know this feeling isn’t good because… jealousy meant love, somehow.
 
 
And moreover… I know that Hyunnie… is already in love with me and that was against the condition that I have set in the first place.
 
 
‘Hey, do you want to join us someday when we hang out? Then I’ll introduce you to them!’ Hyun said, breaking away my train of thoughts. I smiled, nodding and agreed to it while she hopped around happily that I’ve agreed to her request.
 
 
Being together with Hyun… was something familiar yet new. For years, I’ve been having flings around with countless girls ever since the break up with my ex-girlfriend. She cheated on me with another guy. I was so devastated at that time and life was pointless to me…
 
 
I was lucky that throughout everything Hyun was always by my side without any complaints. She comforted me, tried to make me see the light, consoled me and did everything she could to get me out of my depressing state. However, even though she has helped me this much, I still couldn’t bring myself to hurt her. She has already fallen for me and has broken the condition I’ve set before I even agreed to this trial relationship.
 
 
What’s more, my job was to let her experience how being in a relationship feels like and this has all gone wrong… Because in the midst of all these, I’ve started to slowly fall for her. So this has to stop now because falling in love is the last thing I want to do now, and this feeling is back to haunt me.
 
 
I don’t want to fall back into love. This feeling is scaring me. I don’t want to go back into being my depression state. It a hell lot.
 
 
So, from that day onwards, I started to distance away from Hyun. I slowly started to stop meeting her so frequently and giving her the excuses that I was busy with dance practices and all. I’ve also returned back to my clubbing lifestyle without her knowing.
 
 
I guess Hyun herself have gotten the feeling that I’m avoiding her because she have sent several messages in a day, asking my whereabouts and all. Sometimes I did reply her, but most of the time no.
 
 
I guess it’s inevitable that I hurt her even if I don’t want to.
 

No new comments T^T But hi there to new subscribers!! Kekeke, read and comment okay? No silent readers please~ D: