Chapter 16

Break Your Heart
Chapter 16
 
 
‘Darling, here’s your dress and your mask! We knew you wouldn’t go shopping for this that’s why we prepared.’ Hyun’s mom said excitedly like a child as she passes Hyun her dress for the party. ‘Mom~’ Hyun whined but still accepts it reluctantly, thinking that this might be the last time before her mom can order her to do anything again before she comes back.
 
 
Hyun’s mom touched one side of her cheeks and looked at her lovingly, ‘Come on, get changed. You’ll look great! Enjoy this farewell party, alright?’ She said before heading out of the room.
 
 
The farewell party’s finally here and the next day, Hyun will be in the airplane, preparing to head over to New York. Hyun looked at the dress and traced the details with her finger. Just what she would buy for the party, she thought, smiling because her mom knew her inside out. It was a simple black coloured tube dress that has lace designs on the top. The mask was also in lace but in white coloured, bringing the contrast out of it.
 
 
She then put on her dress and put on some light make-up. She then stepped out of her room and put on her mask before heading downstairs. As she comes down of the stairs, she noticed a few familiar faces even though they wore masks. She could easily pick out her parents, Donghae who is currently smiling at her, Haera and Tae Kyung and this guy that looked so familiar to her but she wasn’t sure if she was right.
 
 
Since the guy was sporting blonde hair instead of the dark brown coloured hair Hyukjae has. ‘I must be hallucinating.’ She thought. Even though he has a different coloured hair, but this mysterious guy looks a lot like Hyukjae. His posture, the way he stood with one hand inside his pocket, his lips, and especially his jaw lines. But he was different because of his hairstyle, and the way his smile appeared so melancholy. Hyukjae didn’t have that kind of smile before.
 
 
‘Hey beautiful.’ Donghae praised her, distracting her from her thoughts and focus her attention on him as he reached out his arm for Hyun to hold. ‘Hey handsome, looking great huh?’ Hyun said teasingly even though she meant it and held Donghae by his arm.
 
 
‘Always have been looking this great.’ Donghae replied cheekily which caused Hyun to hit him in his chest playfully for being so thick-skinned making Donghae feign being hurt. All these while, Hyun could sense that someone was watching her interaction with Donghae. So, she turned around and saw the blonde hair guy watching her. She felt a little scared when he didn’t look away and still continued staring when Hyun caught him.
 
 
She looked away and tugged Donghae at his sleeve and asked him to go elsewhere far away from the guy. ‘What’s wrong?’ Donghae asked, feeling concerned in low voice. Hyun just shook her head and denied. She didn’t know why her parents would invite this kind of person to the party but… the feeling that the guy gave her was certainly a little too familiar.
 
 
It was almost like the feeling Hyukjae gave her and it has been quite awhile since she have felt this way because she haven’t seen him for awhile.
 
 
Throughout the whole party, Hyun admit that she did enjoyed herself. She caught up with many friends, especially Haera and Tae Kyung because ever since the incident with Hyukjae, Tae Kyung felt really guilty for causing the both of them to break up so they stopped talking to Hyun and since Haera is Tae Kyung’s girlfriend, it’s no doubt that she’ll follow Tae Kyung.
 
 
After mingling around for awhile, Hyun decided to go to her backyard to be alone for awhile. She was sitting on the bench, having some quiet moment by herself and thinking things through. She was disappointed that Hyukjae didn’t even took the time out to attend her farewell party even if it meant saying goodbye, she still wants to see him for the very last time.
 
 
Hyun closed her eyes to relax a bit but suddenly, she felt another person’s presence, sitting beside her a close proximity. Her eyes shot open and turned her head to the side. She immediately stood up and kept a distance away from the mysterious blonde stranger.

Kyaaaa~ 40 subscribers and 1000+ views on this fic!!! Thank you guys! I can't express how grateful I am to all of you!! ^_^