Chapter 17

Break Your Heart
Chapter 17
 
 
‘I don’t know who you are and don’t know why my parents invited you but let me warn you beforehand that I’m a black belt in Taekwondo if you’re laying a finger on me.’ Hyun threatened him in low voice, trying to make herself look as fearless as possible. The blonde stranger just chuckled before asking, ‘Did I remember wrongly or are you only a red belt in Taekwondo? And don’t you remember me anymore, Hyunnie?’
 
 
Hyun’s eyes widened at the familiar voice and her nickname that only one person uses. She took one step closer towards the guy, or Hyukjae. ‘Hyukjae oppa.’ She breathed out, feeling a mixture of shock and surprised. Hyukjae smiled, not removing his mask, which made the shock Hyun come back to normal.
 
 
She reached out to touch his fluffy looking blonde hair. ‘You went to dye it again?’ She asked which Hyukjae just nodded in response.
 
 
Hyun couldn’t really describe her happiness at that point of time. They both then sat down on the bench, keeping their silence and looking at the starry sky. Neither wanted to break this peaceful and comfortable silence between them until Hyukjae started, chuckling, ‘It’s funny how the first thing you asked me isn’t how I’m doing or what am I doing here.’
 
 
Hyun smiled, feeling elated to hear Hyukjae’s voice after so long, ‘So… how have you been?’ She asked, looking at him softly which Hyukjae returned with the same kind of expression. ‘Been fine.’ He simply replied. ‘Why don’t you remove your mask? Don’t you feel uncomfortable with it on?’ She asked with curiosity and felt that the mask was a hindrance.
 
 
Hyukjae shook his head, ‘It’s okay, and I feel comfortable with it.’ Hyun nodded and sighed, ‘Hyukjae… I miss you, a lot.’ Hyukjae then reached out his hand, caressing her cheeks, making Hyun lean on it, closing her eyes in contentment. She missed him like this.
 
 
‘I miss you too, as much as you do.’ Hyukjae confessed. ‘Are you really leaving?’ He asked, for a minute, Hyun thought she saw sadness in his eyes but convinced herself that she probably imagined it out. Hyun nodded, ‘Yes… There is nothing left for me to stay over here anyway.’ She said with a hint of sadness, still carrying the hope that Hyukjae would ask her to stay.
 
 
‘What about your family, friends and everything over here?’ Hyukjae asked, pointing out to her the other important things. Hyun then kept quiet because she didn’t know what to answer him. Yes, of course she couldn’t bear leaving her family that dotes on her the most, her friends especially Donghae… But she wanted to stop herself from harbouring any hopes on Hyukjae anymore.
 
 
Sometimes it hurts her so much that she has to cry silently at night and cry herself to sleep. She didn’t want nights like this anymore.
 
 
‘It’s about me, isn’t it?’ Hyukjae asked even though he knew the answer, ‘You’re leaving because of me right?’ Hyukjae pressed Hyun for an answer but Hyun just look at him guiltily, not sure of what to answer. ‘Do you really want to forget me?’ He asked sadly. ‘It’ll be better for us both if I managed to move on.’ Hyun simply answered, looking away to avoid looking at Hyukjae.
 
 
‘I don’t want you to forget me.’ Hyukjae spoke up after a moment of silence. Hyun was astounded by what he said and turned sharply to stare at him. He put his hand over hers that was resting on the bench. Hyun looked at their hands that was touching each other and back to him.
 
 
Hyukjae then looked intently into Hyun’s eyes then brought both of his hands to her face, cupping it. He then leaned towards Hyun and kissed her on the lips. It was the first kiss that the both of them shared. Hyun was dumbfounded at first when she found Hyukjae’s lips on hers, but kissed back after awhile.
 
 
Both of them were secretly seeing their own fireworks inside their mind while sharing and losing into the kiss.

Hahaha! Oh my god~ I was laughing at all of your comments because when I was writing chapter 16, I didn't thought that Hyukkie would appear to be like a creeper/stalker kekeke >< But if he was a creeper/stalker, I wouldn't mind anyway since he's a hot/adorkable/cute one kekeke~ And I'm sure you guys will like this chapter!!! ^_^ Enjoy~