Chapter 26

Break Your Heart
Chapter 26
 
 
‘Of course… I should’ve known that my mom would come up with this.’ Hyun exclaimed, throwing her arms up in exasperation as she rolled her eyes. Hyukjae chuckled at her reaction and pulled her closer to him and smiled teasingly. ‘Well, now I know where your dramatic acting genes come from.’ Hyun pushed him away and hit him on his chest playfully before crossing her arms and pout which Hyukjae just pulled her back and kissed her senselessly, making her forget what she was complaining about for a moment.
 
 
When the both of them pulled away, Hyukjae smirked, ‘Well, baby, a welcome back party isn’t that bad, isn’t it? After all, you have got your farewell party a few years ago, so it’s okay to have a welcome home party, right?’ Hyun frowned and sighed, ‘It’s not that I don’t like parties, I love parties. I just dislike how mom is going to make a big hoo-ha for this party again…’
 
 
Hyukjae bit his lips and put on a thinking expression on his face, ‘Hm… let’s say this welcome party is just for me, you can’t reject this idea right?’
 
 
Hyun still continued to argue how she’ll still be involved in this party and she doesn’t feel like entertaining some of the guests that her parents will be inviting just because she feels tired and she doesn’t know them well. But she couldn’t deny that she would want to have this party to catch up with Donghae, Haera, Taekyung and all her friends. After much persuasion from Hyukjae, telling her how he wants to have this party and how much he wants her to want it too, Hyun finally gave in.
 
 
But actually… this party was one of Hyukjae’s plans for the main event he was going to do for Hyun.
 
 
‘Uncle, Aunty, I have something to talk to both of you about…’ Hyukjae started out seriously as Hyun’s parents both looked at him weirdly. Hyun’s father raised one of his eyebrows at Hyukjae and asked cautiously, ‘What is it that you want to talk about?’ Hyukjae bit his lower lips and breathed in a deep breath before starting, ‘…It’s about Hyun.’
 
 
Both of them widened their eyes in shock, thinking about the same thing in their mind. They looked at each other before Hyun’s father burst out in anger, ‘Lee Hyukjae! I told you to take care of my daughter in New York and not take advantage of her when I’m not around! What are you going to do now?!’
 
 
Hyukjae widened his eyes too when he realised Hyun’s parents thought that he was going to tell that Hyun is pregnant. He quickly shook both his hands furiously, denying it, ‘No! It’s not like that! Uncle Park, I just wanted to ask permission to propose to Hyun from the both of you!’
 
 
Suddenly, Hyun’s parents stopped whatever they were doing when they heard Hyukjae said that he wants to propose to Hyun. They then looked at each other before showing wide grins on their faces. ‘Well… It’s about time, Hyukjae. We were still wondering how long you both are still going on the ‘dating’ process when you guys have been together for so long.’ Hyun’s mother patted on Hyukjae’s shoulder, smiling happily.
 
 
‘So… that’s a yes and ok to my request?’ Hyukjae asked carefully before he saw them nodding in agreement happily. He jumped up from his seat and punched his fist to the air elatedly, exclaiming ‘Yeah!’ before running around to gather his family together with Hyun’s family to plan this surprise for her.
 
 
Hyukjae smiled sheepishly by himself as he thought how he finally persuaded Hyun to agree with this welcoming party which is to cover up the event that he was about to do for her. He mentally ticked the first thing in his mind that’s completed— Make Hyun agree to go to the welcoming party.
 
 
‘Hyun, I’m so sorry for lying to you for now. I don’t have a choice… Please forgive me.’ He said to himself and looked guilty at Hyun who is currently pouting at the dresses that was placed on her bed for her to choose which to wear on the day of the party. It was because most of it were quite exaggerating and thus explains her pout; Hyukjae chuckled at the sight of it before joining her to help her decide on the dress.

Harro readers~ ^^ Here's the update for you all~ I'll be putting up another update on probably this coming Sat/Sun and then I'll not be able to update for the next upcoming week because it's gonna be Christmas! And I'll be really busy ><;; But I'll still try to update this fic asap/whenever I'm free. But currently... I'm having a really bad writer block since I'm working on another fic T~T So I hope you guys will understand ;~~;

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Doodles~