Chapter 22

Break Your Heart

 

Chapter 22
 
 
‘But… wouldn’t you miss him?’ Donghae asked cautiously. Hyun let out a deep breath but still keeping that smile on her face. ‘I would… But what can I do? Yesterday, I gave him a chance to make me stay, but he didn’t grab the opportunity and held himself back once again. I’m sick of being the only one holding onto this when he doesn’t even want to risk everything to be with me. It takes two hands to clap, oppa. Even if I want to be with him so badly, it wouldn’t work out if he doesn’t want to. 
 
 
‘Yesterday? You meant Hyukjae-ssi was at the party yesterday?’ Donghae asked to confirm, which Hyun nodded in response. Hyun then patted on Donghae’s shoulder and smiled brightly, ‘Let’s just forget about it. Today, I’ll be taking my first step on moving on… Just be happy for me, alright?’ She said, before turning away and look outside of the window again. 
 
 
Donghae shook his head a little and smiled, ‘What a silly girl.’ He thought and reached out a hand and ruffled Hyun’s hair, making her turn her head back and hit Donghae on his arms. ‘Stop it! My hair is going to be in a mess!’ She swiped Donghae’s hand off playfully then continued joking around with each other just like how they always are. 
 
 
‘Passengers who are taking Flight AE86 to Tokyo, Japan, please kindly board the plane within 30 minutes as it is departing soon. Thank you and hope you have a safe flight with us.’ The person announced. 
 
 
Donghae, Hyun and her parents are now in the airport waiting for Hyun’s flight. Hyun’s mother turned to her and cupped her cheeks, ‘My dear… Do you really have to go…? Can’t you stay?’ She said as the tears started to accumulate in her eyes. Hyun chuckled softly and wiped the tears away, ‘Mom… Don’t be like this. I’m just heading over there for a few weeks to check the academy and accommodation there. It’s still not confirmed if I’m enrolling there or not.’ 
 
 
‘Why don’t we go with you then? Darling, you can’t blame Mom from being worried. After all, you’re my one and only daughter. What am I supposed to do without you?’ Her mom said sadly, making her father pulled her mom back, commenting, ‘Stop being childish, she’ll have to learn how to be independent someday and this is a good opportunity.’ It made Hyun’s mother scowl, rolling her eyes before hitting her husband’s arm playfully. 
 
 
Donghae has just been sitting beside Hyun quietly, making her notice that Donghae is being exceptionally quiet, so she knocked onto his head and gave him the eye smile he love the most. ‘What are you thinking?’ Hyun asked, curious of what’s in Donghae’s mind. ‘Thinking if I should just kidnap you and make you miss your flight.’ Donghae replied gloomily. Even though he meant what he just said, but apparently, Hyun treated it as a joke. 
 
 
Hyun suddenly hugged Donghae tightly, which Donghae was caught off-guarded by her sudden action but hugged her back nonetheless. ‘Oppa, I’ll miss you so much… Please take good care of yourself, understand? And I hope you’ll find a girl that’s worth your love soon, alright? Thank you for everything… really.’ Hyun said as she leaned onto Donghae’s shoulder.
 
 
Donghae smoothed her hair and said, ‘Do you think I’ll miss you any less? We’ll meet again soon, yes?’ He then pulled away from the embrace and look at Hyun, ‘Let’s make a pact. Whatever happens, if both of us are still single when we’re 30, by then, you have to give me a chance. Deal?’ 
 
 
Hyun looked at him for awhile and the pinky that he was holding out and giggled. ‘Who the hell does this pinky promise at our age?!’ She exclaimed and started to burst out of laughter. Donghae pinched her cheeks playfully and gave her a serious face, ‘Yah! I’m being serious here!’ She then stopped herself from laughing as Donghae looked at her seriously with his pinky out still. 
 
 
Hyun then did the pinky promise and said, ‘Alright, alright~ when no one wants me when I’m 30, you’ll have nowhere to hide then.’ Donghae smiled as he saw their pinkies held together. 

Here's the update for you guys ^.^ Hope you'll like this chapter yup! And I'm currently trying to start on Donghae's fic... But... T^T I'm having a serious writer's block. :'( What am I going to do......?! ><;; Anyways, still hope you all enjoyed this chapter okay? :) 

Till then~