Arch Rivals

Recuperating From The Past

*L’s POV*

The next morning I decided to take a stroll through the park to relieve my mind from the tension that was caused by last night’s incident. ‘I am not going to spare you Park Hyunchul, Karam…’ the thought of his name made my blood boil. Sighing I kept on walking, staring at the ground and not caring about anything or anyone in my surroundings that is until I heard a familiar voice.
 

“You are just so adorable!”
 

‘That voice!’ I froze dead in my tracks, ‘I-it’s her...Sera.’ I stood behind a nearby tree and took a peek at her. She was dressed in a light green shirt which was covered with a darker green cardigan, and she had on ice-blue colored jeans. In her lap sat a fluffy, white bunny with some grey painted gently around its eyes. Sera had a bright smile on her face as her hands softly the rabbit’s fur. I couldn’t help but smile at her cuteness as I began to recollect my memories of how I met this girl…the girl that I had fallen in love with. 
 

*Flashback*

As usual I dragged myself to school early in the morning even though I didn’t understand the point of me going to school. It’s not like I needed a job to make money because I already had enough of it. ‘What a day…’ I was too occupied in my thoughts that I accidentally bumped into a girl. “What where you are-” before I could finish my sentence, my eyes landed on her face, and I was unable to say anything.
 

“Hello? Are you still alive?” She waved her hand in front of my face, trying to get me to snap out of my daze. I blinked, “What are you trying to do? ually harass me?” Those were the first words that came out of my mouth.
 

“What? You’re the one who bumped into me! So where is your ‘I am sorry?’”
 

I rolled my eyes, “What I am sorry? Miss, I never accidentally bump into girls; it’s girls that ACCIDENTALLY bump into me. You’re one of those girls that is trying to attract my attention, so where is your apology?”
 

“Arrogant much,” she mumbled, “I’m not going to apologize to you because it’s not my fault, and by the way, I am not interested in you,” the girl whispered and patted my chest, “You are not my style” With those stunning words she marched past me without giving me any heed.

*End flashback*

 

I remembered that day way too well because that was the first time a girl has dared to talk to me in the manner she did. That and also, Kim Myungsoo has fallen for a girl who has no interest in him whatsoever. My humiliation had not ended there; life had way more in store for me. 
 

*Flashback*

My mind could not concentrate on anything except that girl; someone has rejected me, Kim Myungsoo! The same Kim Myungsoo, a.k.a L, that every girl in this entire school would do anything and everything to get attention from! Every girl is dying to be with me! A strange bitter yet sweet feeling, composed of anger, uneasiness, shock, and confusion, had overcome my heart, mind, and soul. 
 

I slammed the table which I was sitting beside and jumped abruptly to my feet, ‘I CAN’T TAKE THIS ANYMORE! I have to find that girl or else I am going to go crazy! But where will I find her? I guess I will just have to wait till school time.’
 

The next day I found her in the school courtyard, sitting peaceful and reading a book. Without hesitating, I approached her, “Hey, is this an empty seat? It seems like it need to be filled.” I sat down anyways before waiting for her answer. She remained silent and gave me an unhappy look before standing up to walk away.
 

“Hey!” I jumped to my feet but noticed something sparkling near my feet, “A necklace?” Bending down I picked it up, “Is this yours?”
 

She touched her neck but found the neckpiece missing, “Give it back now!” She snarled at me with a furious expression.
 

A smirked formed on my lips, “No way, I am not going to give it back to you.” My arrogance side once again took me because this was the way I won every girl’s heart.
 

“Just give it back already because it’s very precious to me!” Her face began to turn a light shade of red, maybe from anger or embarrassment, I couldn’t tell.
 

“Why is this necklace so precious to you? It doesn’t look expensive, so I bet you bought from the street. Look, I can see the diamonds starting to fall on the ground” A small laugh escaped my mouth.
 

“Kim Myungsoo, GIVE BACK MY NECKLACE NOW!” She started to step closer to me as her visage turned a dark shade of red, making it clear to me that she was angry at me. 
 

“Oh ho, you said what? “Kim Myungsoo?” That’s the first time you have said my name. Tell me first what is so precious about this plain, inexpensive, and worthless necklace?”
 

“Why are you interested in this plain, inexpensive, and worthless necklace?” she shot me a glare as she repeated my sentences.
 

‘Did she just talk back?’ I held onto her necklace tightly.
 

She continued, “YOU CAN’T UNDERSTAND. YOU WON’T EVER UNDERSTAND! JUST GIVE IT TO ME!” She tried to grab the neck but I had a height advantage, so I raised my hand up, preventing her from getting close to it.
 

The girl began to jump in attempts to try and get his necklace, forcing me to struggle with her, “I WON’T GIVE IT TO YOU!” Stepping back a little to try and get away from her without realizing that there was a big branch behind me. Losing my balance, I tripped and the necklace fell out of my hand into a drain that was a few inches away from my head.
 

“NO WAY!” She panicked and started to peek into the drain in hopes of getting back her beloved necklace, “My necklace!”
 

Standing up, I dusted my trousers, ‘Why does she look so sad?’
 

“Yah, it’s already inside the drain—you can’t get it back” I mumbled staring at the back of her head.
 

“THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! THAT’S THE ONLY THING THAT I HAVE! WHY ARE YOU SO HEARTLESS?!” She faced me with a fiery look in her eyes and her fists clutched so tightly that I could see her nails digging into her skin.
 

“WHY ARE YOU BLAMING ME? IT’S JUST A NECKLACE! OKAY FINE! I WILL BUY A NEW ONE FOR YOU; MORE EXPENSIVE AND BEAUTIFUL THAN THAT ONE YOU JUST LOST!”
 

“YOU’RE HEARTLESS! THAT NECKLACE WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE! SOMEONE LIKE YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THAT! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOUR WEALTH. YOU ARE MAKING A FOOL OF WEAK AND POOR PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING.ARE YOU EVEN HUMAN?!THAT NECKLACE WAS THE ONLY THING THAT I HAVE WHEN YOU OWN THE WHOLE WORLD!” Tears began to cascade down her flushed, round cheeks, “AND FOR YOU KIND INFORMATION, KIM MYUNGSOO, I DON’T NEED A NEW NECKLACE AND DON’T CARE IF IT’S EXPENSIVE! GO DIE WITH YOU MONEY AND YOUR FAME! DON’T EVER DARE COME NEAR ME, YOU RUINED MY LIFE! I HATE YOU!” With that long speech she ran away, leaving me standing in my spot, paralyzed.

*End flashback*
 

I later found out that the necklace was a gift from her mom…it was the last connection she had to her mother. I regretted everything that I did when I found out about this, but there was nothing I could do to get that necklace back. Sighing quietly, I started to walk away from that place still pondering about the incident.
 

Suddenly I saw him—my arch rival, Park Hyunchul.’ Karam, I won’t let you go from out of my site this time and will get my revenge for what you did to me at the club last time. No one dares to throw Kim Myungsoo out of any place!’ I got closer to him and noticed that he had three cups of ice-cream in his hands, meaning that the other two guys with him were nearby. Slyly I followed him to a house a minutes away from the park.  ‘My rival stays in such a small house? Seriously? I thought he would have a grand mansion…’
 

He disappeared into the house as I thought of what my next move was going to be.
 

*Karam's POV*

I walked into the house to find both hyungs were watching a random game show, but as usual Yunho hyung was staring off into space, lost in his thoughts.
 

“What took you so long?! Did you go to buy an ice-cream factory?” Jaejoong hyung glared at me with frown. “I am starving here!”
 

“Sorry, I came as fast as I could!” I pouted, handing Jae hyung his strawberry ice-cream. “Yun hyung here is your ice-cream.” I extended my hand to give him his chocolate ice-cream, but he didn’t hear me. “Hyung!”
 

He looked at me and silently took the cup from my hand. ‘I really do wonder what hyung thinks about all day—could it be the person in the picture?’ I took my place next to Yunho hyung, and just as I was about to put a spoonful of the vanilla ice-cream into my mouth, I heard the door swing open and hit the wall behind it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please subscribe, upvote, and comment! 

Lol this made my day- I mean night. We can all relate! XD

(credit goes to mmidori31)