Karam's Denial

Recuperating From The Past

*Baekhyun’s POV*

I quietly and slow step into my room because I didn’t want to wake Chinnie up. She might start to cry again which was make L hyung get mad and nag at me. I hated L hyung’s loud voice because it sounded so annoying and made my ears want to fall off.


I sat on my bed and admired Chinnie’s beautiful face; she looked so pretty when she was sleeping. Her long eyelashes and milky white skin were just too perfect. I bet her parents must be regretting for ditching her. I traced her face using my index finger gently and rubbed her chubby cheek with my thumb. Her chubby cheeks resembled L’s hyung cheek, ‘Come to think of it, hyung’s cheeks are just this chubby. He should stop eating like a monster.’ I quietly chuckled and pecked her nose. Her breath was so peaceful and sounded so calm, ‘I think I’m falling in love with Chinnie.’ She might be just a baby, but I would rather give all my love to this little, cute creature than a greedy lady.


I slowly arose from my bed and was about to walk away when I heard someone’s sneeze. I stopped and turn back. It was Chinnie. ‘She is sick?’ I tilted my head curiously at her and slowly sat onto the bed again. But soon she started to sneeze again and coughed, causing me to start panicking. I placed my palm on her forehead and shocked to feel the heat, ‘She got a fever. DAMN!’ I looked around not knowing what to do, ‘I have no experience in handling a sick people or pet, not even my doggie, Bingo.’ I thought to myself.


*Karam’s POV*

I didn’t want to think about my stepmother anymore so I decided to cook some chicken porridge for Suchinnie. ‘I bet she will love it. Oh wait, shoot, why do I cared so much about her?’ I frowned in disapproval because I was only supposed to help take care of her. I heard some rustling noise came from Baekhyun’s room so I decided to peek inside. I saw Baekhyun was pacing around the room while tapping his foot.


I walked in slowly and tapped his shoulder, “Baekhyun, what is going on? Why you look so panicked?” I raised an eyebrow and shifted my eyes to Chinnie.


“C-Chinnie‒she is sick.” He gulped and plopped down beside Chinnie while caressing her small hand. My eyes became very round, and I immediately sat on bed and placed my hand on her forehead. It was very hot.


“Baekhyun, calm down.” I tried to calm him down because he was so panicked that little beads of sweat had started to form on his forehead. ‘He really cares about her a lot, doesn’t he?’


“Baekhyun get a towel, warm water and some medicine, NOW!” I ordered him. He got up and stumbled backward.


I shook my head and chuckled a little as I watched him run out from the room, ‘He was too clumsy.’ I shifted my attention at Chinnie’s face, ‘Poor little princess.’ I took off her pajamas and placed it aside, ‘I hope that you can recover quickly.’


“Oh man, she got a fever and a cold.” I frowned. How I wish I could replace her because I didn’t want this little princess to get hurt. I didn’t know since when I started to care about her but it hurt seeing her in pain.


‘Maybe I love her ever since she appeared in my life, but I didn’t realize that till now.’ I sighed heavily. A few minutes later, Baekhyun came back running towards me with the things that I have asked for in his hand.


“Hyung, there is no more medicine.” Baekhyun nervously looked at me.


“Go buy it now, Baekhyun. I will take care of her in the meantime.”


Instead of moving, he just stood there dumbfounded. “YA GO BUY IT NOW. YOU WANT HER TO DIE?!” I yelled as Baekhyun nodded slightly and ran out from the room to buy medicine.


 I dipped the towel inside the warm water and wiped her body gently. My heart started to ache when I saw her in pain; her lips quivered unstably as I could hear her muttering softly under her breath.


I was worried to death now, ‘God please don’t let anything happen to her.’ I dressed her in new pair of pajamas and placed her gently on bed.


After an hour Baekhyun came back again with the medicine. I slowly feed her the medicine while Baekhyun cleaning up the towel and a bowl of warm water. I heaved a long sighed as I noticed that Chinnie started to calm down and her body temperature dropped a bit. I pulled a blanket over her and pecked her forehead as I lied down besides her, facing her, and patted her tummy gently.


“I don’t know why I am worried when it comes to you, dear Chinnie. You meant a lot to me. I don’t even think that I could have properly taken care of someone that is sick, not even my own parent. You are the first one.” I stared at her as smile crept on my face.


“You are so adorable you know that. I wish I were born again so that I could marry you, Chinnie.” I chuckled at my insane thought. Marrying a baby is impossible but yes if God gave me one more to chance to be born again, I would fight to be with her.


I placed one of my hands on her tummy as I gazed softly at her face. ‘Thanks, Chinnie, you made me learn something about love. I grew to hate all women, girls, and ladies. You named it. I thought they were useless and they only caused problems for men but I was wrong. A little baby girl like you can bring a lot of happiness in anyone’s life, include mine.” I pecked her lips lightly. ‘I feel honored to be one of them. I feel so blessed that I could meet you in my life. A reason to live a happy life now, is you, Suchinnie.’ I caressed her cheek gently with the back of my hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy new year everyone!! Hope that all of you the best wishes for the coming year. o(^o^)o