27 - On one of their birthdays

30 Day OTP Challenge - Henber

"Hey!" Amber picks up her phone when the clock struck 12 on her 25th birthday, the familiar voice comes out.
"Snoopy?" Amber smiles, it's been a while since she has last talked to him. "I thought you'd be sleeping in Korea."
"Well just wanna tell you Happy birthday." His voice sounds a bit tired, though still sending warmth to her heart. "Tell me I am the first one."
"Yes you are." Amber laughs, looking around her room; she has got few pieces of birthday presents from him throughout this years when she left home to korea: that little lock they bought together when they went to Namsan Tower together when they first met each other as overseas trainees in SM, that favourite cap of hers (oh Henry got an exact same one too), that snoopy doll, and many more...... Though recently, well..... not that they are not close, but they were so busy on their career, they seldom meet up, not to mention to celebrate each others' birthdays.
Amber smiles bitterly, throughout all these years she has developed a certain feeling (though she would never admit it) for this "best friend" of hers: she knows they are really close, because they have similar backgrounds, and also similar dreams; they can be best friends, but no more. She would treat him like she treated her other guy friends, and she knows, that stupid Henry never sees her as a potential person to develop a romantic relationship.
"You know I'm really surprised you called." Amber says quietly to him on the phone, trying to keep her emotions down.
"I have another surprise for you." Henry's reply cathes Amber's attention, she sits up immediately and looks around, not sure what she is going to expect.
"Gimme...oh..... wait....." There are noises coming over from the phone. 
"Snoopy?"
And there!...... Ok..." Then Amber hears the knocks on her window.
She quickly runs over to there and pulls the curtains away, then there's the stupid snoopy standing (or clinging onto the window?) outside her window ("like spiderman" added Henry), with a guitar on his back.
"Let me in? Please?" He does his cute puppy face over the window, and Amber for the first time, feels like she can no longer hide his true feelings for him.
"What are you doing here?" Amber exclaims to him once she has let him in, still not believing the fact that this guy is standing in front of her.
"Don't I at least get a hug from coming all the way to US?" Henry holds out his arms and winks to her, Amber just stands there in daze, takes small steps forward but doesn't reach him; Henry takes the initiative and holds her tight.
"Happy birthday Amber." Henry whispers gently into her ears.
"You've said it before." Amber feels her face burning, heart beating abnormally fast.
"Well let's say something else then," He lets go of her, putting down his guitar and opens the case. "Here you are, your birthday gift."
It's the white acostic guitar that they have once seen and feel in love with when they were hanging out, Amber always wanted it but she has never mastered guitar that perfectly to motivate her to buy this guitar.
"Henry......."
"Shh........" Henry sits down on the chair, and begins to sing.
"Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
Now I'm trying to get back" 
This was the first song, she recalls, that Henry has learned to play on his guitar.
"
Before the cool dawn run out
I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's gonna stop me but divine intervention.
I reckon, it's again my turn
To win some or learn some." 
He stops abruptly, and stares right into her eyes.
"
But I won't hesitate
No more, no more.
It cannot wait,
I'm yours."

Henry stands up and offers her the white guitar she has dreamed of, and as she takes it tremblingly, she is being pulled into his embrace again.
"Listen to me Amber," Amber is feeling her world being turned up-side-down, and the only thing that is holding onto her is Henry's arms. "It took me all these years to gather up the courage to confess this to you, I know I'm a whimp, but hey, you're my best friend!"
"I can't loose you, so I stayed quiet and did my best to hide my true feelings; but I can't afford to see you being taken either....... I'm so sorry that it took me these years, but right now, I'm strong enough to take you, strong enough to protect our relationship."
"I've actually bought this guitar few years ago, but always hid it away because I don't feel I have the right to do this to you..... But just months ago, I went pass the shop again, and you remember the ajushi, the shop owner?" Amber nods slightly. "He said his shop's closing down, because his wife passed away, and that he had no point to continue in living in this city and operating this shop."
"This shocked me, I just can't imagine a day when we had to leave each other, and that we are complete strangers and no more, it scares me." He lets go of her, opening his arms and stares at her.
"So here I am, to ask you, Amber Josephine Liu, to be my girlfriend. I love you, you might not think it's true, but I do." He is being so serious and Amber is too stunned to react.
How could they be that stupid, to have a crush on each other for all these years but too afraid to let each other know?
Amber smiles and hugs him, "Yesss! My best birthday present ever!"
Tears fall out of their eyes, it's the tears of joy and love.