26 - Getting married

30 Day OTP Challenge - Henber

Well I have already written We got married Henber couple...... So if u guys r interested please do go and read it :)


PROLOGUE

"Argggghhhhhhh!!!!! I'm leaving!! I don't want to get marry anymore!" The rapper of fx stands up and walks out of the dressing room with her hair half done, hair pins sticking out. "This is so annoying!"
"Hey hey hey hey Honey what's wrong?" Henry rushes out, with the white suit he is wearing, and the sincere look on his face; Amber stops and stares at him.
"I....uh..... The hair and make upr just taking too long! Not to mention I still have to wear the dresses, and I still have the heels to overcome!" Amber is so shocked by her fiance that she forgot to complain calling her "honey".
"Hey hey Look," With Amber's childish grumble, Henry smiles finally and holds onto her shoulders. "If you don't want to wear dress or make up or anything that's fine....." Amber wants to interrupt but Henry waves her off. "No seriously I mean it."
"Just one thing though," Henry stares right at her eyes. "Please marry me."
Amber looks into his eyes and his sincere words are echoing in her ears. The couple stay quiet for a while, and then finally Amber smiles and stands up.
"I'll go back and tell them to get my hair done as soon as possible."


THE LONGEST WAIT

Henry Lau has waited for 5 years after debut to have his solo album released; to him, his journey to achieving his dream was not easy. There were hard times that he nearly gave up, but then he endured for that long five years.
And now he is shinning on the stage after that long wait.

But that was not the longest wait.
He becomes best friend with a certain tom boy over these years, but then eventually he has developed feelings over his best friend over these long years of friendship. He had waited for about 2 years until he gathered up the courage and confessed to her.
The day he asked her out and confessed.... the wait for "D-Day" to come, that was probably the longest 24 hours he had ever experienced.

Then again, similar feeling happened when the day he decided to ask for her hand. It's not quite usual for idols to get married at young age like they do, but Henry just thought it's the right time to have his own family, a family with her. It's nothing dramatic: just a simple dinner at his place like sometimes they do, with his violin performance and some stupid yet sincere lines, he pulled out a ring and kneeled in front of her.
"Will you marry me Amber Josephine Liu?"
He saw her froze in her seat, unable to believe the reality.
And then finally, she nods very slightly.
That was probably the longest 1 minute of Henry's life.
The very ordinary movement of hers, and the very short silent minute, yet this was the most critical decision in their lives.

When the staff of the wedding dresses shop drew open the curtain, he felt like the long wait for a woman to change was worthy.
Well there are many female idols far more y/beautiful/cute/feminie/etc. than the person stood in front of him, but none as special as she is to him. Amber does not wear dresses  (well some occasions), but she did that for him, for their wedding. It was a simple dress, and she did not have fancy jewellery on her.
But her smile was brighter than any diamonds or gold.
It's worth him sitting there like a statue for almost an hour.

But now the door of church opens, Henry stands in the front, with the light shinning directly into his eyes, he is still trying to look at the girl walking in to the church.
They have practiced the walk for the past weeks, but nothing feels like this moment right now.
The orchestra is playing their wedding march, Amber's father is holding his daughter and march slowly to the front, where there stands a so called "stupid snoopy" guy, the man who is going to take care of his daughter of the rest of his/her life.
Henry can see nothing, nothing but the white figure marching in. He does not realize, but there's the smile stating at this moment, he is the world's happiest man, because he is marrying the woman he loves so dearly.
It's the longest wait in his life, for his bride to walk from one end of the church and to join him, holding his hand.
All those past moments and memories flushed back when he sees her stepping on the red carpet, he wats to run to her and hugs her but he has to wait, wait till the moment his father-in-law hands him his future wife.
They look at each other and smile, it's just about the time of one song, but it feels like she has walked from the other end of the earth, and finally, she stops and decides to stay with him.
It's the longest wait.
But it's worth the wait and he will never regret.


EPLIOGUE


"URGHHHHHHH! Why is she still not coming out????" Henry paces nervously along the corridor of the hospital. "Why is it taking this long?"
"Yah Henry Lau what do think about giving birth to kids huh? It's not like instant noodles that it's done within 3 minutes!" Kyuhyun yawns and calmly talks back to his dongsaeng. Henry just glares at his hyung for a second, then quickly fixes his attention at the operation room door. 
Little did Henry know, that there are still many moments in the future that he has to wait.
"Congratulations Mr Lau, it's a baby boy!" The nurse holds out a baby wrapped in blue cloth, Henry takes him with that sheepishly smile.
Waiting for the birth of their new family member, for example, is one of those long wait.
"Thank you baby, for bringing in our kid." Mr Lau plants a kiss on Mrs Lau's sweaty forehead, who fell asleep from exhausion.