17 - Spooning

30 Day OTP Challenge - Henber

Henry slips into the bed as quiet as possible, though Amber is still waken by him. She turns and opens an eye sheepishly, Henry apologizes quietly and kisses on her cheeks; Amber smiles and shakes her head lightly, holding our her arms to hug him. In their sleep, Amber often turnrs and sleeps on her left side, and Henry, who always holds on to her, would turn with her, so they are always spooning on the small bed.
It's just one of the nights that one would have dreams about their past: maybe it's because Henry just performed in the concert hall they have first met today, or it was the song that played in his ipod when he came home, or maybe it's the tiring smile of Amber.


Henry is a poor musician, well that's what people would call him politely, his family doesn't really support him. Henry did not do too bad in his high school, but he insisted in chasing his dream in being a violinist; so he gave up his college degree and went on with one of the orchestra in the country. Well along with big and small fights with his family, so he moved out and lived alone.
He's not famous or whatsoever, able to sustain on his own, but his ex-girlfriend wanted more than that. She didn't support Henry's career and well, they broke up after few years of relationship.
And that was the Christmas eve party Henry met Amber: he went with the orchestra to perform in one of the year end party of a company, and for the first time ever someone came up to Henry and said 
"The last piece has always been my favourite piece, and your solo performance has been the best one I've ever heard of. Thank you for today's performance, you've made my day and probably the best I could ever get for a christmas present."
Her words were what his goal has been: to make people happy, to let the music pieces he has played become their life ost.
Somehow this girl's words become his motivation when he was about to give up after the break up with his ex-girlfriend.


Amber has never demand more: she is willing to put up with him, she doesn't care how little money he makes, he never asked him to bring her to any high class restaurant, or demand any big branding clothes.
Their life is simple, eating from the cheap restaurant in the neighbourhood, getting couple hoodies and playing basketball as their dates; she would ask him to make her dinner and play her violin
"This is better than any other high class dinning places" She smiles when Henry prepared him a candle dinner for their first anniversary. "I have my own musician and chef." She jokes as she takes the bite of her steak.
"That's all I can offer you." Henry smiles bitterly.
"That's all I'm going to ask from you." Her eyes sparkles, her smile is sincere.
Henry stands up, leans over and kisses her.
Since that night Henry knows perfectly that Amber is THE ONE, the one that understands his goals and is willing to support and stay with him.


 One thing that many of Henry's friend, and of course, Amber appreciate the most is that his optimistic attitude towards everything, his stubbornness in acheiving his goals. And this girl, Amber, she is the only person he is going to hold on to and not letting go of.
Instinctively, Henry reaches out his arms to hold her tighter in this small bed, spooning with each other; he buries his head between her shoulder and neck, sleeping soundly like a child sleeping with his/her favourite cuddly toy.