24 - Making up afterwards

30 Day OTP Challenge - Henber

This chapter is a sequel to the previous chapter


"I'm coming back tomorrow. Let's have dinner at the usual place." Amber watches the sender's name "Snoopy" goes dark, hugging her knees on the sofa and just stares hard on her phone. She wants to pick up and reply, yet she doesn't know how should hse say it.
Amber is not anggry anymore, how could she be angry with him? She loves him so much, and probably that's the reason why she is.... or they are hurting so much right now.
Krystal comes out of her room and gives her a weird look, Amber quickly smiles and sighs lightly, picking up her phone and replies "ok see u there at 9"
After almost a week not seeing this stupid guy, she realizes she might have gone a bit too far that day, and now she misses him so much. Amber wonders what would he say to her? Would that be something she longs to hear? Or it would lead to another argument? Or that....... Amber closes her eyes and shuts off her mind from thinking the worst scenerio.


"Stop it Henry-ah! The fans would notice!" Kyuhyun whispers to Henry when they are walking out from the aiarport, without losing his smile, Kyuhyun still manages to be harsh on Henry. 
"But hyung this is important--" Henry is still looking down on his phone, busy typing.
"I know I know! But you're an idol as well!" Kyuhyun taps on his shoulder, telling him to beware of the pole in front. 
"That's what I told her as well on the day....." Henry sighs deeply and puts his phone back. "That didn't make her stop being angry or sad."
Kyuhyun gives him a sympathetic smile and puts an arm around his shoulder, about this, the master Kyu doesn't have good advice for his poor dongsaeng.
Henry feels like his way out of the airport is longer than usual, he has to force his smile on, which doesn't make his dimples appear. The fans are shouting like crazy, only he doesn't feel encouraged by it, the noises are making him headache.
Henry loves his fans, very much; but he also remembers that somewhere in Seoul, there's a really big fan of his is being angry with him, and he has no idea how to save their relationship.
He has had a week away from Korea with his SJM work, over the week they hadn't really talked to each other. If there's only one thing good about this, it's that Henry is more certain than ever that he is NOT going to break up with this girl; no he just can't let the love of his life go, it hurts so much just not talking to her for a week, what would become of him if he is not going to be able to talk to her for the rest of his life?
Henry lies back of his seat and tries to catch some sleep, there's so much for him to do tonight.


"Hey" Amber smiles plainly when she sees the stupid snoopy walking up and down kind of nervously in front of the restaurant, she is glad that she is not the only one that cares about their relationship, her boyfriend too, cares about her.
"Hey" Henry replies awkwardly. He wants to go up and hugs her but thinking that they had an argument a week before, he gives up and instead opens the door for her like a gentleman.
They sit on their usual seat, and order their usual food. The deadly silence forms when they are waiting for their food to come.
"How's your we--" Both of them speak up at the same time when they can no longer stand it, they smile bitterly.
"Well it's the usual busy flying here and there, dancing, singing, and getting interviewed--" Henry replies first while waiting for his food to cool down. "Look Amb I've been thinking for the whole week--" Amber looks into his eyes, and they are as sincere as the time when he confessed to her.
"I-uh-I'm sorry. Really really sorry." He lowers his head like a child, it hurts to see him being like this. "So please don't ever let this happen ok? I feel like I've gone crazy for this week."
Amber doesn't speak up for a while, worry about her reaction, Henry holds out his hand and holds onto hers tightly.
"Amber? Wh-what are you thinking?" Henry feels like he is having a heart attack, watching her putting down her spoon and looking up from the food to face him, as if time has been slowed down and everything is in slow motion. 
Then he sees her eyes, it's a bit red from the dim light, and tears are running down on her cheeks.
"Amber baby why are you crying?" Henry quickly runs over to hug her, Amber only shakes her head lightly and hugs him back tightly.


They finish their dinner/night snacks quickly, and now walking near the Han river where they usually hang out.
They understand each other through the hug, and no words are needed. They are now walking holding hands, and just listening to the tidals.
"You know..." Amber speaks up, Henry is glad her usual chessiness is back in her voice. "I owe you an apology too."
"Oh c'mon Amb!"
"I've pushed it too far I'm sorry.... But still I'm only telling the truth!"
"Are you trying to start another argument?" Henry raises an eyebrow.
Both of them stare each other for awhile, then they burst out in laughter.
"Solve it the usual way?" Amber smiles.
"On 3-2--Hey!" Amber has run off before Henry counts on to 1, shaking his head he runs fast after to catch up with Amber.
The couple race each other to the basketball court, and play a game over the night.


It doesn't matter who wins or loses, your smile is the biggest prize.
What good it is to me, if I'm going to win the world but loses you at the end?