22 - In battle, side-by-side

30 Day OTP Challenge - Henber

It is the end of the world, where there are the living deads hunting out those who were their kinds, it is a hell. Yet some of the yound and ambitious survivors decide to step up, to fight rather than letting their days to be doomed.
"Henry over here!" If not because of her clear and soft voice, you wouldn't be able to tell this is a girl. As a fighter, she has decided to keep her hair short like a boy, wearing oversized shirt because that's all she can get, shorts and running shoes so she could move easily. She holds her gun in one hand, the other dragging a taller guy behind her.
"What are we up to Amber?" The guy Henry is about a head taller than Amber, dressed in similar style as her, only the shirt fits perfectly on him and he is wearing pants.
"They are coming, in about 10 minutes," Amber looks at the watch on her wrist, it's almost sunset when the zombies are going to come out. "We have to get these back to the base." She shakes the sack over her back.
"I managed to gather some weapon supplies from the battle field, not much but we could do something with them." Henry takes over Amber's sack from her back, and holds her hand afterwards.
"Henry.....?" Amber turns, uncertain about his gesture. They have been best friends since they were together in the school, sometimes Amber wonders what would they be like if that zombie virus didn't break out.
Henry doesn't say anything but remains holding her hand, he looks into her eyes in the way that Amber only sees when he looks at his violin..... or much more stronger now. Amber feels her cheeks begin to burn, but her brain tells her that she shouldn't be thinking about this, it's only life or death everyday they are dealing with.
"If we're going to survive this......." Henry speaks, only then he stops in the middle, shaking his head; finally he lets go of her hand.
"We'll talk about this when we get to the base ok?" Amber puts her hand on his shoulder, they lock eeys again and flash each other an encouraging smile.
They count to 3, and without words they run quickly and quietly possible back to their base.


"Seriously when is it going to end! Argh!!!" Gen swears as he nearly got bitten by a zombie, he quickly back off and wrecks it's head by the club in his hand.
"We just need to hang on until we arrive to the medical base! We have to give them the samples!" Amber shouts somewhere far off in the battle field. Gen couldn't see her, but he is pretty sure Henry is going to be by her side so he has nothing to worry about.
And Gen is right, Henry is carrying the bag of important blood samples on his back, fighting hard trying to protect the bag and Amber, as well as keeping himself alive; and Amber is fighting besides him.
"Listen to me Henry," Amber says while kicking off another zombie who is trying to attack her. "The base is about 400m away, you're the fastest runner so I'm going to make way for you."
"But....."
"No BUTS! Listen! You'll have to save our lives.... Okay we might die but other human, all over the world can live. You understand me? You just have to do it!"
"But how can I let you die?" Henry holds her shoulders, only got interrupted quickly by another row of zombies. "How do I live when you're dead?"
"Ah get over it! It's been our dream! To save the world right? To restore the humanity! Now it's the chance to do so!" Amber yells and she is taking a grenade out from her bag, Henry knows it's the last one they've got.
"After I've bombed them you just run, never turn your head back." She is getting ready.
"No...I...."
"Goodbye Henry." Amber flashes him a sad smile and she throws the bomb out, bright light blinding both of them.
Henry doesn't hesitate to back hug Amber.


"What are you doing you idiot!" Amber yells angrily at Henry while she throws her game control on the sofa. "You made us lost!"
"Dude seriously? You don't know we are just about a step to winning this game?" Gen sighs and gets up to take a drink for himself.
"But...... You guys were going to die!" Henry asks innocently, it's his first time playing this tv game with his friends.
"That's how it is stupid snoopy!" Amber face palms herself. "We sacrifice ourselves so YOU can live, and then YOU can give the samples to those scientists, and they can develop some magical antibiotics or things to save the world. But YOU and your heroism ruin this whole thing!"
"Well Henry is always that kind-hearted!" Gen laughs as he sees his friend being very sad and murmuring sorry. "At least we know when real danger happens, this guy there wouldn't just run off and let us die." His phone rings and he runs off to get it.
Amber takes a look at the sad snoopy who is sitting on a side with his head low, she smiles and goes over to his side.
"I guess Gen is right," Amber throws her arms around him. "You're not going to live while letting us die."
Henry looks up and kisses her.
"Never."


Loosing you is worst than death, so how could I live when I let you die?